Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TWG 194 - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151853)

Hakulyte 05-3-2020 10:49 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4729569)
Then why are you entertaining a world in which they are both scum?

I just think it's a good high risk/reward play because it's entertaining town to lynch within the town pool that would contain 0 wolf in this case.

Hakulyte 05-3-2020 10:52 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
The only issue with that is that wolves would lose the game after because it would lock the setup as B or BBB being fake.

leetic 05-3-2020 10:56 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
MML claimed to roleblock Bolth N2. Since you can't roleblock the same person twice in a row, Bolth could just have the roleblocker block DBP and submit the kill himself in that scenario. Thus, I think Bolth is town here.

Hakulyte 05-3-2020 11:06 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4729572)
MML claimed to roleblock Bolth N2. Since you can't roleblock the same person twice in a row, Bolth could just have the roleblocker block DBP and submit the kill himself in that scenario. Thus, I think Bolth is town here.

I mean, not submitting the action yourself doesn't make you town.

I'm kinda confused at how you twist the logic here.

leetic 05-3-2020 11:09 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4729574)
I mean, not submitting the action yourself doesn't make you town.

I'm kinda confused at how you twist the logic here.

It would have been extremely suboptimal for Bolth to not submit the kill in that scenario

Hakulyte 05-3-2020 11:13 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4729575)
It would have been extremely suboptimal for Bolth to not submit the kill in that scenario

If Bolth was Godfather, he wouldn't have known he got roleblocked I think, but 2/3 times he would have known I think.

leetic 05-3-2020 11:15 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4729576)
If Bolth was Godfather, he wouldn't have known he got roleblocked I think, but 2/3 times he would have known I think.

MML flat out claimed the roleblock D3. Going into N3, he would have known that MML couldn't block him again and by blocking DBP and submitting the kill himself, the kill is guaranteed to go through.

Duskfall 05-4-2020 02:28 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4729541)
Haku over DBP alway
But probably not Haku
Why not Jessie?


I disagree

It seems only I had any suspicions. It really seemed like Haku wasn't really being read scum at EoD. Unless you or Shado are his partners he's probably the best to attempt the action.

My two cents, probably voting the other two over him

I don't really have a read on Jessie and I feel like no one is townreading them which makes them less likely to be partners with anyone

It rather vote the people with more content that I can get s more solid read on than a null

DaBackpack 05-4-2020 03:23 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
I slept through the majority of today, let me see what happened

DaBackpack 05-4-2020 03:39 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4729338)
Dusk even posted after it was at L-1 and didn't unvote. Scummy AF.

There was a second time DBP got to L-1 but no wolf finished him off. Maybe I should look into that.

This is why I targeted Dusk last night--- his vote last phase stood out the most on my wagon

for the latter, this is a site-wide thing I think, but hammering and insta-lynching in the middle of the phase is universally scumread; even if there's a cleared cop with a redcheck, it looks bad to instantly lynch the redcheck because it looks like wolves desperate to stop townies from talking and strategizing

similarly, trying to be hasty and get build lynch momentum for the sake of expediency, so that town doesn't have an opportunity to "come to its senses" or something, is a pretty wide scumread here, idk on your site

DaBackpack 05-4-2020 03:44 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4729341)
Yeah, I can keep quoting posts but I think it's obvious at this point that Dusk looks bad. The lack of resistance when his name pops up does worry me a little though.

IMO Dusk's name never came up in a way where anybody -had- to defend him

today is really the first time he's been in the spotlight, and if dusk/haku are W/T, the wolf resistance would manifest as pushing for Haku, or vice versa; otherwise doubting the PR claims, stuff like no-kill, or offering lynches outside the roleblocks, while valid lines of thought, give defensive wolves room to hide

I kinda think in this scenario it's more fruitful to force Haku and Dusk to go against each other instead of potentially giving the wolves an "out" with no-kill, or other lynch targets

we might learn that dusk/haku feel T/T which lends credence to a no-kill world, but IMO we don't cross that bridge until we're more comfortable entertaining that

also saying this to coalesce our efforts and not fall victim to tinfoiling since while there are a few possibilities here, it's important to really hone in on the two most likely scenarios first

DaBackpack 05-4-2020 03:46 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4729344)
This is the post that once again put DBP at 4 votes (Mikey, Dusk, me, MML). Here's the problem.

Haku was there. Bolth was there. Even jessie was there. If any of them would've wanted to end DBP, and it would have been worth it as scum since Mikey would be the obvious choice to lynch, they would have done it. This is why I doubt DBP. If he's town, that narrows it to Duskfall, Shado, and MML as the team. Any other combination and he would be dead.

refer to above

DaBackpack 05-4-2020 03:47 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4729348)
No. Mikey would die because of the fake cop check. It would be a no risk move.

we can discuss this more if it comes up but hammers just don't happen here

DaBackpack 05-4-2020 03:52 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4729391)
Why are people calling my slot hard to read when every dead slot has me as town btw, sounds like a you guys problem if you can't read me

no, it means that you


literally


have zero thread presence and your town reads are just because of tone

I can't for the life of me guess what ANY of your reads were this entire game, I don't know where you voted (except for me obv), and even now you're shitting around with --just enough-- to waste everyone's time but not actually do anything constructive

I'm like, 90% sure I've got you now

DaBackpack 05-4-2020 03:54 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4729404)
Update i am deciding between voting dbp or haku now, i was gonna vote haku last night but im shifting my thought process to dbp

yeah definitely, so you can lynch a blue now and then save Haku for tomorrow (if that happens)

you're stirring shit just to give yourself options and cause chaos/tinfoiling

DaBackpack 05-4-2020 03:55 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4729411)
While I believe that DBP is most likely scum, he'd be a risky lynch today because on the off chance he's telling the truth, there is a chance he can keep us in LyLo even if we mislynch today. I'd prefer to start with one of his likely partners, jessie for example.

do you actually think Dusk and I are both scum right now? when did you magically come around on Dusk???

DaBackpack 05-4-2020 03:59 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4729478)
I am waiting for dbp to get on so i can talk to him a bit before i probably vote him

I have not had many confident reads this game and i think that is kind of clear

In the end I have realised that when in doubt, i should sheep someone wasn't in doubt so i will vote dbp based on mikey's word. Despite him playing terribly mechanically he was obviously convinced hard on dbp and right now i should probably trust mikey's 100 percent confidence amongst players he knows well, over my unsureness amongst players i don't know.

this is the safest possible response you could have given

DaBackpack 05-4-2020 04:01 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4729490)
effort level does not effect alignment

I came into this game wanting to take it easy after playing a tryhard game, and I have taken it easy. I would do that regarldess of alignment, so you shouldn't try use effort to read me. Low effort comes from town and scum alike, it is not alignment dependent it is player dependent. Don't try read me, try read my alignment

there's a difference between low-effort and 0 effort

"Don't read me, read my alignment" how do you suggest we do that? You give us nothing to work with and I roleblocked you and no nightkill went off. That's the only way to read your slot. Do you have anything that's gonna actually change our minds?

DaBackpack 05-4-2020 04:07 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4729500)

Most of the dead town players found me correctly so I am readable, just because you can't read me doesn't mean it is impossible you just can't do it. Or, you are a wolf, that is option 2

I seriously can't fathom that a townie would say this, especially after playing with you in the mafia champions game

the dead town players' reads on you IIRC is ----nothing---- and surprise! if you put a gun to my head D1/D2 and forced me to correctly guess if you were town or not, I'd say "town" because uh there's a 10/13 chance of you randing town vs. 3/13 or w/e of you rolling antitown.

what the fuck are you on? go through the dead ppl's actual reads on you and find me one that you think is actually substantial and still valid today. (p.s. tone-reads/posting-style doesn't count, I gave you a freepass earlier for that too)

DaBackpack 05-4-2020 04:11 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4729508)
OKAY HELLO HI I DONT HAVE CONFIDENT READS WHICH IS WHY I WANT TO SHEEP MIKEY BUT I WILL TRY MY BEST

this is mylo dude. none of us have super-confident reads but we don't hide our actual opinions behind other players'. reading the will of the dead is a good idea in general but it looks like ALL YOU HAVE is the reads of dead people. how much have you been following the game? even fucking jessiebessie has been better at this than you and she's barely been here. at least her reads feel like they've come from her own brain.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution