Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2024 TWG Rules Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144207)

YoshL 04-16-2016 12:01 AM

Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

well regardless, your win condition fluctuates, and they'd be playing against their new win condition.

dAnceguy117 04-16-2016 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4423099)
However, I do think once the game has been voted for you should be shit out of luck on changing / adding rules.

IS GOOD

when fiction first tried to implement this modern game voting thing, part of the idea was that people would hoard their votes and USE them as LEVERAGE for potential mods to improve their games based on feedback.

once the game is voted, it's done. you're saying, "yes, this is the game that should be played, completely as is." and once anything is in motion, it shouldn't be changed ad-hoc. just learn for next time.

Tokzic 04-16-2016 12:34 AM

wow what's with all these rules what is this a dictatorship

Charu 04-16-2016 06:45 AM

Yee

storn42 04-16-2016 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 4423318)
wow what's with all these rules what is this a dictatorship

Sunfan is secretly Hitler

Red Blaster 04-16-2016 07:56 AM

Rules smules

_Zenith_ 04-17-2016 01:52 PM

Question, does being banned from playing in games also exclude you from sending and potentially hosting a setup?

Xiz 04-17-2016 02:35 PM

I would say so, yes.

thesunfan 05-12-2016 10:29 PM

Updated a few things:

Added a changelog

Removed rule 8 (No player, for any reason, is required to play in 1 or more jTWG games before playing in a TWG game).

Made rule 8a rule 8

Changed the wording of rule 6a from (Voting must be done in the thread, with no exceptions) to (Voting for the lynch must be done in the thread, with no exceptions).

Changed the word of rule 10d from (Speculating on the alignment of a player through the act of the player replacing out is legal, but is discouraged) to (Speculating on the alignment of a player through the act of the player replacing out is legal).

Added rule 10e

Added rule 13d

Would like to see this formally adopted as the new rules list at some point

Again, if anyone feels like there are things missing, please let me know. I'll work on adding a tl;dr at some point in the near future

dAnceguy117 05-12-2016 11:17 PM

there should be a discussion about 13d I think. I'm still in favor of it, but IIRC several were not

Red Blaster 05-12-2016 11:44 PM

What falls under 13d? I think that needs to be specified.
Because one could argue dropping off the face of the earth mid-game breaches that rule, but I think you're getting at something entirely different.

Funnygurl555 05-13-2016 01:33 AM

down with 13d

DaBackpack 05-13-2016 12:47 PM

I think we need to talk about 13d

DaBackpack 05-13-2016 12:49 PM

I still maintain that pretending to align with another faction holds strategic benefits

and that outing yourself might further your chances of winning

thesunfan 05-13-2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4432144)
I still maintain that pretending to align with another faction holds strategic benefits

and that outing yourself might further your chances of winning

it does

my thinking is, and I think it was you who said it earlier, that this kind of thing has to be evaluated on a case by case basis

roundbox 05-13-2016 01:16 PM

There's a difference between strategy and purposely throwing the game when it comes to playing with/against your win condition.

I think 16 just needs to be reworded. 16a seems mildly redundant with how you open 16 itself. The third example is also overly wordy and I feel would be better introduced after the doctor example.

DaBackpack 05-13-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4432146)
it does

my thinking is, and I think it was you who said it earlier, that this kind of thing has to be evaluated on a case by case basis

:like:

choof 05-13-2016 03:08 PM

requesting an addition to rule 1

"rule 1a) 1a"

choof 05-13-2016 03:11 PM

13d makes sense for strictly town vs wolf mechanics
third parties should be allowed to play against their win con
it wouldnt exactly make them liked or is not an inherently good thing to do but outright saying "you have to play this role EXACTLY like you're supposed to" is not very cool

there's also the fact that people could play against a win con and just straight up say "ya idk what happened there but i was just having a rough game I guess !!"

thesunfan 06-23-2016 06:40 PM

tl;dr TWG Rules

The Tags for voting are [twgv]name here[/twgv, with a closed bracket after the last v.

Don't edit or delete posts.

Don't post your role PM, or make direct reference to it.

Don't post screenshots of conversations between yourself and the moderator, or yourself and other players.

Don't talk to living players about the game if you are not in the game.

Don't impersonate other players or the host using fake accounts.

Do have an understanding of the fundamentals of the game before playing in your first game.

If you need to be replaced, ask the host to be replaced privately.

Do not make any posts after you have died or communicate with any living players (Exception, players who die during the night phase are entitled to one death post that contains no game related content).

Respect all decisions of the host as final.

Do not flame other players.

Don't break any rules of the site FFR itself, with the exception being you are allowed to multipost as much as you want in the TWG forum.