Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Need opinions for issue with gf (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=128151)

Sakish 12-20-2012 06:56 PM

Need opinions for issue with gf

Alright, I know people will react differently to this and i accept all kinds of answers.

Me and my gf got into a fight today, because.. Well I call my "ex" (why "ex"? because it was like 6 years ago and we were young and w/e) by a nickname, like if you have a friend called dick you'd call him dicky or w/e

SUPER IMPORTANT INFO: We have been friends since we were 13 and i've used that nickname ever since, even before we even were "bf and gf" and she is the friend that i've known the longest in this city that i moved to 6 years ago. We also grew up in the same hometown, became friends there and stayed friends ever since.

So is it really that wierd that I have a nickname for (what we refer as to eachothers) a really good friend? I definately dont see the issue here, she just calls me a bad boyfriend and that I dont get it. I'm confused.

I dont want to stop calling her this because she is the friend that I've known the longest in this world and that feels special to me. My gf however doesnt get this obviously.

Shred me some light, opinions please guys NEED FUCKING HELP T_T

Edit: Since aaron is a dick.

We did have a huge fight about this, I tried to explain this to her but all she could counter with was "she is still your ex" and all I could feel was "so????" what does that even matter when neither of us have those kinds of feelings left.. ;_;

NeoMasterPie 12-20-2012 06:59 PM

Re: Need opinions for issue with gf

did you explain it to her? communication is key mang xd

awein999 12-20-2012 07:01 PM

make sure she understands it's completely platonic xD

if she just won't accept that then I dunno mang seems like she's being uptight.

Ohaider 12-20-2012 07:02 PM

don't gash your knee on your ipad during intercourse

Tarrik 12-20-2012 07:03 PM

I'd start lifting.

Sakish 12-20-2012 07:05 PM

You dont even know how much i lift you nib

Frank Munoz 12-20-2012 07:05 PM

Girls overact all the damn time man, you just gotta deal with it 8(

Tarrik 12-20-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakish (Post 3822530)
You dont even know how much i lift you nib

funmonkey54 12-20-2012 10:11 PM

It's entirely irrelevant whether or not you think you have a good reason to maintain the nickname for your friend. The fact that it bothers her should be enough of a reason to stop using it.

Xx{Midnight}xX 12-20-2012 10:13 PM

Tell your girlfriend she's being paranoid and stupid and you'll dtb if she keeps it up

andy-o24 12-20-2012 10:18 PM

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...t=relationship

Cheers!

-o24

ice_lazer3 12-20-2012 10:30 PM

Unless the nickname is somehow suggestive, I don't think there's a legitimate reason for you to stop using the nickname. But yeah, make sure your gf understands that a nickname does not equal liking that person and that things between you and your ex are completely platonic. Also keep in mind jealousy's a fairly common thing, and depending on how long you and your current gf have been going out for, seeing how close you and your ex may cause her to be a bit mad. (I don't think that's a reason to stop hanging out with your ex, this just means you have to talk this through with your gf.)

Maybe you can even try giving your current gf a nickname :P

iironiic 12-20-2012 10:46 PM

Seems like one of the typical "silly" arguments in any relationship. She's probably having a bad day or something. Give her some time to cool off and then talk to her about it when she's ready to have a conversation with you.

Tidus810 12-20-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ice_lazer3 (Post 3822714)
Unless the nickname is somehow suggestive, I don't think there's a legitimate reason for you to stop using the nickname. But yeah, make sure your gf understands that a nickname does not equal liking that person and that things between you and your ex are completely platonic. Also keep in mind jealousy's a fairly common thing, and depending on how long you and your current gf have been going out for, seeing how close you and your ex may cause her to be a bit mad. (I don't think that's a reason to stop hanging out with your ex, this just means you have to talk this through with your gf.)

Maybe you can even try giving your current gf a nickname :P

I think this is fairly spot-on. That one person having a nickname means they mean more to you than the average person, and your gf is more than likely a little intimidated/jealous (even if there is no logical reason for feeling that way). She's probably a little insecure, and needs to understand that this other person was there for you earlier in life and still matters to you. If possible, try and move past it for now and avoid bringing up that other girl when talking to your gf. I think with enough time she may gain a better understanding.

smartdude1212 12-20-2012 10:58 PM

The asshole in me wants to tell your girlfriend to stop being a pussy little bitch about it.

The concerned forum poster in me wants to tell your girlfriend nearly the same thing.

massflavour 12-20-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3822696)
Tell your girlfriend she's being paranoid and stupid and you'll dtb if she keeps it up

ya this keep yo head up

adlp 12-21-2012 12:38 AM

stick it in her butt and pee

dragonmegaXX 12-21-2012 12:54 AM

she mad jelly and probably thinks you're giving her the D

justaguy 12-21-2012 01:09 AM

read the first couple sentences and deduced your girlfriend is retarded

probably just dump her and move on

note: insecure partners are not worth the investment

DotKritic 12-21-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adlp (Post 3822822)
stick it in her butt and pee

This.