Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What is worth the playthrough? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144715)

_Zenith_ 07-6-2016 05:13 PM

What is worth the playthrough?

Below is a list of the games I currently own for PS1, PS2, and GC and I'd love to eventually take the time to finish some that I haven't beaten fully yet so if you know any of the games listed below and have some input, feel free to share if it would be worth it:

-Games followed with a * means I have finished the game but am not opposed to play it again-

PS1:
Mortal Kombat Special Forces
Megaman Legends 2
Warcraft 2: The Dark Saga*
Threads of Fate
Crash Bandicoot Warped (Currently 4/5)
SIM Theme Park
Road Rash
Syphon Filter
Monster Rancher 2
Final Fantasy 9 (Got to last disc, had to start a new file)
Vandal Hearts*
Suikoden 2* (100% 3 times over)
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage* (Beaten in the past, not currently)

GC:
Super Smash Bros Melee* (Event + Adventure/Classic/All-Star)
The Urbz: Sims in the City
Mario Party 4* (Beat in the past, do not have a currently completed file)
LotR: Return of the King
Tak and the Power of JuJu
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Recommended to playthrough)
Namco Museum
Super Mario Sunshine*
The Simpsons: Hit and Run*

PS2:
Def Jam: Fight For NY*
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter*
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness*
Ratchet & Clank
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
Dragonball Z Budokai*
Devil May Cry 2* (Both Devil + Angel completed)
God of War 2* (Normal + Hard complete)
Neopets: The Darkest Faerie (3rd Act?)
Dynasty Warriors 4*
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 4
Kingdom Hearts*
Kingdom Hearts 2*
True Crime: Streets of LA
Guitar Hero 2*
Guitar Hero 3*
Crash Bandicoot Twinsanity
The Avatar Last Airbender*
Pac-Man World 2
Freekstyle
Dave Mirra (RIP) Freestyle BMX 2
Rock Band*
OutRun2006: Coast 2 Coast
Rayman 2 Revolution
Strike Force Bowling
Shadow The Hedgehog* (Hero Complete)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty* (Normal + Hard)
Suikoden IV*
Final Fantasy X*
Final Fantasy X-2*
Tony Hawk's Project 8*

I may have more in my shed but that's what I have in my "room" currently

shenjoku 07-6-2016 05:48 PM

Re: What is worth the playthrough?

Dude, Syphon Filter is so good. I played the CRAP out of that game. Trying to stealth through the snow base level was some of the most fun I had lol. I don't remember if I ever managed to do it though. I wish I still had my copy :( Maybe I'll download the ISO for old times sake.

_Zenith_ 07-6-2016 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenjoku (Post 4450583)
Dude, Syphon Filter is so good. I played the CRAP out of that game. Trying to steath through the snow base level was some of the most fun I had lol. I don't remember if I ever managed to do it though. I wish I still had my copy :( Maybe I'll download the ISO for old times sake.

I only got to the Park (Third level I think?) without the level skip, and with the level skip I played uhh, one of them where you start on a rooftop and that was really it with Syphon Filter

Good memories of tazing the shit out of someone until they combusted lmao

shenjoku 07-6-2016 05:51 PM

haha yeah the tazer was hilarious! XD

rushyrulz 07-6-2016 05:51 PM

Heavily advocate for: Spyro 2, Crash 3, Guitar Hero 3

Also OK: Rachet & Clank, Rayman 2

_Zenith_ 07-6-2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4450586)
Heavily advocate for: Spyro 2, Crash 3, Guitar Hero 3

Also OK: Rachet & Clank, Rayman 2

I'd definitely play Ripto's Rage again, it's too fun not to. Warped I have the iso for and I'm 4/5 through with it, never beat it when I was younger. If I can find my GH controller I'd play through it again but even if I do I remember the strum bar being partially broken unfortunately :[

Rayman 2 I have like 4 hours clocked and R&C I played a few times but never got that far in it

Soundwave- 07-6-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4450588)
If I can find my GH controller I'd play through it again but even if I do I remember the strum bar being partially broken unfortunately :[

Like it only strums one way? I remember the good all days of beating GH with down strum only just because I didn't have the coordination to keep my trills even strumming both ways.

_Zenith_ 07-6-2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4450595)
Like it only strums one way? I remember the good all days of beating GH with down strum only just because I didn't have the coordination to keep my trills even strumming both ways.

Yeah I play right handed strum so I'd have to upstrum instead of down like I'm used to

It caused me to start using the controller but that's no way to play Guitar Hero

PhantomPuppy 07-6-2016 06:48 PM

R&C Going Commando is way better than part 1. beat that game at least 40 times as a kid lol

happyhardcor3 07-6-2016 06:50 PM

megaman legends 2

PhantomPuppy 07-6-2016 06:59 PM

oh wait wait wait, i didnt mention dark cloud 2 yet. i recommend that over R&C 2.

MooMoo_Cowfreak 07-6-2016 07:03 PM

Not in your list but you ever play Shadow of the Colossus? That's one not to be missed!

_Zenith_ 07-6-2016 07:06 PM

@Happy, two "friends" just played through it together and I would've played alongside them if one of them wasn't famous for bitching and nitpicking everything in a game
@Phil, I have none of the games you mentioned :p
@Moo, I heard about how that game is really good but unfortunately I do not have it haha, I should find it though

MarioNintendo 07-6-2016 07:49 PM

You don't seem to be that much into shmups... :( you're missing out on the ps1

Try out Parasite Eve on the ps1, it's got Hateandhatred head over heels about it (with goid reason!).
Other than that, some games I devoured that aren't on your list:
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy 3/6
Rocket Knight Adventures
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantay Tactics
Earthbound

_Zenith_ 07-6-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4450631)
You don't seem to be that much into shmups... :( you're missing out on the ps1

Try out Parasite Eve on the ps1, it's got Hateandhatred head over heels about it (with goid reason!).
Other than that, some games I devoured that aren't on your list:
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy 3/6
Rocket Knight Adventures
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantay Tactics
Earthbound

Never heard of Parasite Eve, interesting name though
I need to get into Metroid in general, I've played Prime a little bit and one on the DS a lot but that was it
USA Ports of the early FF imo are bad, I played 1-3 and tried my hardest to get into those version but bleh
Never heard of Rocket Knight Adventures, also interesting
I have FF7/FF8 on Steam but my CPU is gonna blow without thermal paste so I'm limited to browsing web and FFR for the most part without it getting dangerous
Tactics is very similar to Vandal Hearts, though there is more in Tactics so I have to play it eventually (wonder if there's an iso for it)
Earthbound is right up my alley and I hope to play it, again, hope there is an iso for it

EDIT: Just looked up videos on Parasite Eve and Rocket Knight Adventures...

Parasite Eve looks like Resident Evil except with turn-based elements? Looks like I'll be grabbing it soon

Rocket Knight Adventures looks hella fun though, definitely will spend some time playing that

MarioNintendo 07-6-2016 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4450632)
Never heard of Parasite Eve, interesting name though
I need to get into Metroid in general, I've played Prime a little bit and one on the DS a lot but that was it
USA Ports of the early FF imo are bad, I played 1-3 and tried my hardest to get into those version but bleh
Never heard of Rocket Knight Adventures, also interesting
I have FF7/FF8 on Steam but my CPU is gonna blow without thermal paste so I'm limited to browsing web and FFR for the most part without it getting dangerous
Tactics is very similar to Vandal Hearts, though there is more in Tactics so I have to play it eventually (wonder if there's an iso for it)
Earthbound is right up my alley and I hope to play it, again, hope there is an iso for it

You don't need isos for Super Metroid, Rocket Knight and Earthbound, since they're cartridge based games. They're the easiest to emulate (which is probably the most sensible way to play them). They're also my favorite ones in this list. Great news for you! :)

Definitely check out Rocket Knight. That one is simply my favorite videogame ever made. (Stepmania is not a video game)

roundbox 07-6-2016 08:38 PM

Seconding Super Metroid because it is GOAT, as well at FF:Tactics. FF9 is worth a playthrough too.

If you haven't played Mega Man X or X2, you should.

_Zenith_ 07-6-2016 09:00 PM

I think I played X

Is that the one where you start off on like a highway bridge? Zero eventually comes into the picture and scurries off?

korny 07-6-2016 09:25 PM

are you not a Zelda fan? Cuz wind walker is a godly game

bmah 07-6-2016 09:26 PM

I'm a huge Spyro the Dragon fan, and if you enjoyed Ripto's Rage, you should definitely try to play the first and third installments of the original series. Enter the Dragonfly is hot trash though.