Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   World of Warcraft (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=103683)

devonin 09-11-2018 02:40 AM

Re: World of Warcraft

I'm actually really liking BFA.

It feels like a good balance between "Enough to do" and "Too much to do"

"A million dailies" was not fun, and any day you didn't play felt like a big waste.
"Basically just WQs and sort of some Garrison stuff" felt like I only really needed to play once every 3 days to be good.

Between "garrison", WQs, Expeditions, Weeklies in Arathi, I feel like if I want to play a couple hours I can, and if I want to play 30 minutes or skip a day I can.

If you think the weapon grind sucks, play a Pally that actually plays every spec.

3 sets of Azerite gear, 3 weapons and 1-2 shields

My shield is still garbage, which is the main thing sinking my ilvl.

choof 09-11-2018 09:07 AM

my main in mop was a pally lol, I get that other ppl have a worse grind but I'm just saying that coming out of 2 years of a bis stat stick that you didn't need to even think about, going back to the standard weapon grind sucks. at least it's not as bad as wod and mop.

devonin 09-11-2018 01:36 PM

But you get out of that horrible Amulet grind :P

darklordsarumon9 09-16-2018 09:46 PM

I work 40+ hours a week & my guild raids on nights I close. Fortunately there are many a group willing to take an undergeared (350 now) mage who knows mechanics. There's certainly a lot to do in BFA. Im enjoying it..but this amulet lol

darklordsarumon9 09-16-2018 09:51 PM

(double post) Also taking the heal off Shimmer for mages absolutely screwed me over. Having the legendary (now a talent) that made Scorch always crit when the target was under 30% ment I'd blow them up then kite them until I win.

Now.... :(

Celirra 09-16-2018 09:54 PM

I wouldn't call 350 horribly undergeared unless you're going for early aotc/mythic
but it's also nice you have a good group, I'd argue other than a couple fights it's more about mechanics than output

darklordsarumon9 09-16-2018 10:37 PM

I'm so out of the WoW loop (skipped Antorus) I dunno what's what anymore. Just throw fire at things :P

darklordsarumon9 10-1-2018 03:38 PM

Guild ran a casual normal, pulled me in as 350 fire to which I did as much damage as the tank.

Got a few more pieces of gear (355 now) and yep you guessed it, went arcane. Went from around 2k dps as fire to legit 9k on same fight as arcane.

Heart is 23. Losing any real care to intentionally level it more.

Islands are....whatever. Usually just queue for heroic since I have no one who *cares* about Islands or people are capped for the week. Holy heck some players have no clue how to Island! I try to explain and they leave xD

About 1k rep from exalted with Proudmoore & 1.6k with Storm's Wake; everything else exalted. I never liked m+ so that's out for me.

BFA is...alright so far. It's about to get *way* interesting after reading some spoilers so...enjoy your new friend Horde ;)

devonin 10-1-2018 06:17 PM

23 seems like the point where it's good to stop caring about amulet grind right now. There's going to be a whole tier/platforming aspect to it as near as I can tell, where they claw back the multiplier as the tiers of gear advance and the amulet needs to keep pace with them.

I'm at 352, and still enjoying myself. Got exalted with 7th Legion and started working on a Dark Iron because why not. Not raiding, but doing M+ stuff and loving it.

I think Island Expeditions might be the best thing they've implemented in ages, provided people know what they're doing (I have a pre-made tank/dps/heal group so I'm good there) but yeah some people are AWFUL. I had a tank/dps in a group with me while I was healing once, and the tank started -demanding- I switch to DPS while I was out DPS'ing both the tank and the dps toon.

darklordsarumon9 10-5-2018 07:48 PM

Right there with you on the Islands; great idea but some people just...ugh! Exalted with all ally BFA factions as of er, 30 seconds ago heh.

Switched to arcane and pull 10/11k in Uldir (normal) kinda just....hitting things. I know I'm not playing perfectly (mana management, slipstream/shimmer, Rune of Power/Incanters) but I haven't played *new* arcane...ever. It almost feels like Frost in MoP...super powerful for no particular reason. Sitting at 355 currently with neck at 24 and a half.

Reading some of the upcoming Azerite changes make me hopeful. Lemme tell you, using my 340 helm because it has Cauterizing Blink vs a 370 Dagger in the Back/ Heed My Call is weird design man.

As always, usually up to play with whoever. Rime#1122

choof 08-5-2019 11:15 PM

bfa killed any and all hope i have for blizzard making wow good again

Rebirth0 09-2-2019 07:40 PM

So Classic is "out"

So far my opinion of the gameplay:

choof 09-2-2019 07:42 PM

oh boy I sure do want to play a 15 year old mmorpg
if I wanted to play 15 year old games, I'd download a ps2 emulator

choof 10-8-2019 09:49 PM

reminder that blizzard is pro-chinese government

Dinglesberry 10-8-2019 09:56 PM

im on faerlina and when i get home from class i get in instantly, late in the night tho it gets pretty bad

im in sodapoppins guild on alliance lol, we dominate the devilsaur spawns

Dinglesberry 10-8-2019 09:57 PM

also level 60 undead rogue btw

Rebirth0 10-9-2019 11:44 AM

Yeah I don't have much time to ever play. 28 rogue currently after a month

Gingerham 10-10-2019 12:47 AM

Switched from leveling my 35 sham to my new rogue. Leveling rogue is much more enjoyable in classic and sooo much faster. Especially the early levels, level 16 in 2 days.

Enh sham was way more fun when I played on a wrath server. Not being able to dual wield is a bummer.

jannick 11-2-2020 11:51 PM

World of Warcraft Classic is still exactly the same MMO I remember losing so many nights as a teenager, and 15 years later, it's still as fun and frustrating as I hoped it would be. The uncanny ability of World of Warcraft Classic to bring players together and immerse them in adventure hasn't aged a day.

HateMyself 01-27-2021 01:36 PM

Tried to play wow but I see this game a little bit clumsy..