Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   World of Warcraft (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=103683)

Grandiagod 02-4-2009 01:15 PM

Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 2972534)
And Pally tanks get an extra 3% for blessing sanctuary, and another 6% for improved righteous fury, so we're basically at par on that

Don't forget that BoS can be cast on warriors too =).

Quote:

Taunt pull,
Do not taunt pull unless the mobs are already coming at you or after a healer (Gothik the Harverster would be an example) and all your ranged spells are on CD. Taunt pull = "Mobs come at me for two seconds, whoops someone did something and now they're running off and now my taunt is on CD. Now i have to run to the mob and grab aggro whooo i just made everything harder on myself.

Izzy 02-4-2009 02:06 PM

Tanking is a joke now compared to what warrior tanks and off tanks had to deal with in 40 man naxx and AQ. Why even argue, they are all easy and easy to heal.

Tokzic 02-4-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFBrandon (Post 2971667)
I was wondering.
What would be the best 1 hand sword for lets say... rogues?

the best one handed sword for let's say rogues is wait a second did you say sword

respec assassination because combat is garbage rofl

devonin 02-4-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Do not taunt pull unless the mobs are already coming at you or after a healer
There are times, when as long as your DPS aren't morons and can follow instructions, it is perfectly good to taunt pull.

Snakes at the start of Gundrak for example. They're spaced too far to hit more than one with a shield. Taunt the lead one, as they come over they bunch up, throw shield, threat established. You just need your DPS to understand what "Don't DPS until I throw shield" means.

Kagome 02-4-2009 03:10 PM

Don't forget about Shield of Templar. That's another 3% reduction for paladins.

Grandiagod 02-4-2009 03:12 PM

I would like to ammend my statement when I said "at you" i meant patrolling toward you, not already in combat.

And why don't you just mark one instead of wasting your taunt CD?

devonin 02-4-2009 03:31 PM

....Hunh?

Actions not directed solely at the mob still generate threat on the mob. If I "mark" the lead mob for the DPS, and they open up on it while the other mobs in the pull are still too far apart for me to hit with a shield, theyr'e going to put threat on and quite probably pull those mobs...

I'm saying that taunting the lead guy to get the rest to bunch up so you can shield them is as much a utility technique as LoS pulling around a corner or doorway is a utility technique. Both require your DPS to know what you're doing, and not screw it up by DPSing too soon.

Sir Psycho 02-4-2009 05:51 PM

That's why you have the initial 3 second rule, once the tank has the adds for 3 seconds, open the **** up.

Grandiagod 02-4-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 2972864)
....Hunh?

Actions not directed solely at the mob still generate threat on the mob. If I "mark" the lead mob for the DPS, and they open up on it while the other mobs in the pull are still too far apart for me to hit with a shield, theyr'e going to put threat on and quite probably pull those mobs...

You didn't train consecrate? Unless the DPS is standing in front of you they're still going to have to come by you.

vpr0721 02-5-2009 06:06 AM

been 80 for a while, gotten loads of epics, guild is getting better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZipS0dDGXGo Ninjamonkey/Altar of Storms/DoMiNioN stop by and say hey!!!!!!!

P.S For the Alliance!

Momoko_Katsura 02-5-2009 08:28 AM

The legs had dropped in UK last week [I was tanking with fiances pally], and had lost the roll to a Holy pally.
I opened a ticket, and told them that i had won the roll, but didnt realize my bags were full, and thus hadnt looted it.
A week later, this is in the mail.
Best.
Day.
Ever.
For me on that pally.

Had also gotten him the emblem ret and prot trink, and prot neck. The ret and tank legs [ H UP and H VH]. The Black War Mammoth. The Spiked Titansteel Helm...
Ive been busy while my fiance hasnt been able to play.
:]
Now to get my lock gear >.<

phe0nixblade 02-5-2009 08:46 AM

Damn it, too bad I don't wanna pay 15$ a month for this game. The 10 day trial was fun..

Sir Psycho 02-5-2009 09:25 AM

Update on my warrior.

devonin 02-5-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandiagod (Post 2973069)
You didn't train consecrate? Unless the DPS is standing in front of you they're still going to have to come by you.

In my example, I'm saying that the group of mobs is too far apart to hit them all in one go, so if I just hit the lead one, it is certainly in the realm of possibility that the healer/dps opening up on the lead mob might generate enough threat on the other mobs that one or two ticks of consecrate might not be enough to guarentee them to pull to me as they enter the area of effect.

The choices are "Assume consecrate will do it" or "Have the DPS count to 5 so I can shield every mob in the pull" I know which is the safer bet.

Plus it's always at least a little annoying to have to shift and move to get all the mobs back in front of me if they pull on me from the side or back as they run over consecrate anyway.

Quote:

The legs had dropped in UP last week [I was tanking with fiances pally], and had lost the roll to a Holy pally.
I opened a ticket, and told them that i had won the roll, but didnt realize my bags were full, and thus hadnt looted it.
So, you lied to get free gear. Classy.

Sir Psycho 02-5-2009 02:52 PM

Boohoo, it's a game.

devonin 02-5-2009 02:58 PM

I just implied that it wasn't very classy. I don't recall saying anything about OMG reporting them. I don't -care- it's just a pretty crappy thing to do, and makes them more likely to just stop doing restorations for people who legitimately should get them.

operationstrawbarry 02-5-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Psycho (Post 2973712)
Boohoo, it's a game.

I hate it when people say this. It makes me want to strangle kittens.

You sure made it important enough to SS a screenshot and posted it in FFR to people that dont give a monkey****. So apparently, its not a game anymore isn't it? Plus... those pants drop all the time in UP

WTFBrandon 02-5-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 2972792)
the best one handed sword for let's say rogues is wait a second did you say sword

respec assassination because combat is garbage rofl

Swords are sexy t hough :[
I'm not a big dagger fan.
I MIGHT later on but... This is my first char so :P

Izzy 02-5-2009 08:08 PM

Level 80 has proved to be incredibly boring already. Leveling up my 60 twink rogue.

WTFBrandon 02-5-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 2974209)
Level 80 has proved to be incredibly boring already. Leveling up my 60 twink rogue.

Rogue FTW.
Go Izzy!