Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR players, what keyboard do you use? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150303)

flashflash account 12-2-2018 06:04 AM

Re: FFR players, what keyboard do you use?

I asked for a keyboard for Christmas that I could connect my laptop to and arrange music with midi inputs like I could do at school but all I got was this cruddy Logitech ergonomic computer keyboard that I am very grateful for

mrpreggers 12-2-2018 08:29 AM

logitech g710+/k840

LeftyRighty 12-2-2018 08:39 AM

logitech k120! it gets the job done

SK8R43 12-2-2018 08:56 AM

K120 because its cheap af yet extremely durable and lasts a long ass time. Usually have mine for a year+

Happeh 12-2-2018 09:18 AM

i usually use whatever keyboard i can use (one must become a master of all keyboards to achieve some things in life...)
but i agree with all of these logitech keyboards. they're very reliable

MarioNintendo 12-2-2018 09:36 AM

Vortex Race 3 with cherry MX brown. Previously I was using a WASD v2 with cherry mx red.

brown > red, strongly recommended!

samurai7694 12-2-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4659769)

lol my ultra x was a free gift and the romer g switches are what I focused on, not brand. bottom line, those two did wonders for me. hell, I'd play on a keyboard made out of potatoes if it allowed me to get consistently good scores on it.

Oh yea, forgot to mention that I also own a qpad mk50 blue switch but the noise and double tapping were infuriating. it was okay at best but easy to choke scores on.

gold stinger 12-2-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Logitech G105

fite me peasant

dashoe93 12-2-2018 11:29 AM

Corsair K70. It's starting to repeat "s" and "n" a lot. It's okay I guess. I need a new one. I actually prefer a membrane keyboard sometimes because my mic picks up the keyboard a little too much and I remember my old one being more comfortable to play stepman with. I've gotten used to mine, though.

I also wish I never looked at that twitter.

tosh 12-2-2018 12:05 PM

Currently a Corsair Strafe (cherry red switches). Thinking of buying a tenkeyless keyboard with gateron browns, though.

SK8R43 12-2-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Not relevant at all actually. You like what you like. Ive tried razor and they are absolute garbage. Ive gotten some of my best scores with the K120, including my Pandora 2-1-1-1. Im testing the G series logitech gaming KB atm and i have to say its the absolute best ive ever tried, and ive tried alot of keyboards in my 8 years of playing fiffer. I still prefer the k120 because its way cheaper than $55 and lasts forever for being membrane. Switches break easily, membrane doesnt. Id like to see you beat some of my scores with ANY keyboard that you prefer and then tell me im not a gamer because of what i like. Grow up.

Sanjixcon 12-2-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosh (Post 4659831)
Currently a Corsair Strafe (cherry red switches). Thinking of buying a tenkeyless keyboard with gateron browns, though.

same :)
with red switches i like to use o-rings to help with bottoming out keys.
tried a razor black widow with green switches once and it felt terrible (keys were too hard to press down and gave me bad pain in the back of my hand). used a dell membrane kb until i got stuck around d4 then switched to a mech and instantly skill boosted but tbh i always liked the way membrane felt on my fingers.

Wayward Vagabond 12-2-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4659784)
Would you recommend someone who prefers mechanical keyboards to try one out? I don’t know, I kinda need a backup keyboard…

Yeah I would actually

GhostieGoBoo 12-2-2018 03:11 PM

i use the corsair keyboard with the cherry mx silent switches. it's not as responsive as the mx black switches i used to have, but it's like, half the noise.
i play casually now so i'll take the lower noise over dank scores any day.

LeftyRighty 12-2-2018 05:07 PM

In the past I did use a Corsair K65 with red switches but over time I grew to kind of dislike red/linear switches because I would tend to double tap a lot, not even just in rhythm games but in general typing as well. I do wanna get another mech keyboard in the future but just for typing purposes really. I wanna try something tactile!

Maybe I would enjoy linear switches if they were heavier ones. Probably just have to give em another shot I think

flashflash account 12-2-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4659790)
I asked for a keyboard for Christmas that I could connect my laptop to and arrange music with midi inputs like I could do at school but all I got was this cruddy Logitech ergonomic computer keyboard that I am very grateful for

someone laugh at my misery please wow

QueenAshy 12-2-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4659855)
Not relevant at all actually. You like what you like. Ive tried razor and they are absolute garbage. Ive gotten some of my best scores with the K120, including my Pandora 2-1-1-1. Im testing the G series logitech gaming KB atm and i have to say its the absolute best ive ever tried, and ive tried alot of keyboards in my 8 years of playing fiffer. I still prefer the k120 because its way cheaper than $55 and lasts forever for being membrane. Switches break easily, membrane doesnt. Id like to see you beat some of my scores with ANY keyboard that you prefer and then tell me im not a gamer because of what i like. Grow up.

Lol you’re a hick from the garbage bin of the United States, I don’t need to prove shit to you. Logitech is garbage, the end.

Membranes are shit gaming keyboards. When will you learn?

QueenAshy 12-2-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4659879)
Yeah I would actually

I could try one I suppose

Gradiant 12-2-2018 06:33 PM

So the purpose of the thread is to shit on people that use stuff you don't like, okay.
Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4659938)
Lol you’re a hick from the garbage bin of the United States, I don’t need to prove shit to you. Logitech is garbage, the end.

Membranes are shit gaming keyboards. When will you learn?

and you still think people love your 'charm'

qrrbrbirbel 12-2-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4659925)
someone laugh at my misery please wow

HHHAAAAAAAaaAa