Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Old but Awesome Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=96104)

MrRubix 07-15-2008 11:00 AM

Old but Awesome Games

ITT we discuss awesome old games like Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, Captain Comic, Hexen, Commander Keen, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, Lands of Lore (I and II), Heretic, Duke Nukem, Blake Stone, Blood, Catacombs, Rise of the Triad, Spear of Destiny, Chex Quest, Dark Forces, Descent, Terminal Velocity, Tomb Raider, Death Gate, Alien Carnage/Halloween Harry, Hocus Pocus, etc

And awesome non-PC games like Super Mario RPG, Megaman X 1-3, Zelda, Super Mario All-Stars, DKC 1-3, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Street Fighter, Starfox, Mario Kart, F-Zero, Final Fantasy series, Sonic, etc.

Basically, this thread is about all the awesome games you have fond memories of growing up.

Xx{Midday}xX 07-15-2008 11:06 AM

Re: Old but Awesome Games

I still play Super Mario World (Lunar Magic), Chrono Trigger, Kirby Super Star quite often. I beat Mother 3 (Earthbound 2 (?)) not too long ago.

Super Mario RPG... I didn't like it when I had to start over the game to get that hidden treasure box in the kingdom castle... where you had to jump on Toad while he was leading you to the king. Frog coin on top of the doors... wut.

Starshot 07-15-2008 11:11 AM

Jet Moto 2. Anybody who's played that game knows how much of an adrenalin rush it was for it's time.

Ape Escape (The original). The control scheme was groundbreaking for it's time. Hell, it's still being used to this day.

dooty_7 07-15-2008 11:31 AM

This last term at school, I was playing Chrono Trigger like mad on the SNES. Man that game is awesome, I almost failed an exam but it was worth it :P

dean_machine 07-15-2008 11:47 AM

Super Mario Bros. 3 is my favorite game. It's just awesome. Favorite PC game, command and conquer: Red Alert. Well, I like Red Alert 2 a bit more, but that's newer. Both of the Red Alert's Heck March (Don't know if that word is censored) theme songs are awesome too. Red Alert 3 is announced that it's being made, that game will be so awesome I'm sure.

sjoecool1991 v2 07-15-2008 11:48 AM

Super Mario World remains one of my favorite games ever.

MrRubix 07-15-2008 12:04 PM

I love all the old Command and Conquer games :D I have every single one. Very fond memories of C&C and Red Alert. C&C was nice because I used to play multiplayer with my dad -- it was one of the few games he liked to play multiplayer on.

Starshot 07-15-2008 12:10 PM

Red Alert 2 was amazing before they added the expansion pack. They pretty much nerfed my conscript rush strategy when they removed the cloning vats =/.

MeaCulpa 07-15-2008 12:20 PM

I played the DKC series for SNES the most growing up. Other big ones for me were Gradius 3, Super Mario World and Tetris Attack. Once N64 came around, I loved Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Banjo-Kazooie (and Tooie) and the two Zelda games. I'm actually planning on starting a new Ocarina of Time level once things start winding down for me this summer.

dean_machine 07-15-2008 12:26 PM

I got the First Decade Pack about when it came out. My laptop can handle General's graphics just barely, so I'm not getting the newer command and conquer games till I get a better, newer computer or else I would have all of them already. It's funny how the first Red Alert runs so fast on this computer though because on my old one when Red Alert was fairly new, it took a long while to load levels and sometimes the game froze for a few seconds quite often and now I have to have the game speed set to like the lowest speed for it to run normal and since the game is completely stored on the computer instead of the CDs (and it takes very little space lol) everything happens instantly. I think Red Alert 1 had better campaigns than Red Alert 2, but playing skirmish on Red Alert 2 is more fun, in my opinion. Tanya was way better in the original Red Alert too. I love the voice clips from the original Red Alert and from the expansion packs for Red Alert also.

edit:

oh yeah, GoldenEye for the N64 was so much fun. I was a killer with mines.

oh duh xD I also forgot about Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, favorite N64 game

SethSquall 07-15-2008 12:30 PM

Anyone remember Stonekeep?

Used to love that game.

Adamaja456 07-15-2008 12:38 PM

i spent every summer playing super mario all stars on SNES up until i started highschool. favorite game i have ever played.

Xx{Midnight}xX 07-15-2008 01:01 PM

Tetris, Starfox, and some good old mario party... All game that kept me entertained and still do on ocasion

TakeHayashi_XD 07-15-2008 07:45 PM

i would say, pokemon stadium =), galaga, and N64 mario kart

sjoecool1991 07-15-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjoecool1991 v2 (Post 2343605)
Super Mario World remains one of my favorite games ever.

damn, I cant believe I was logged on with that account on the forums.\
Is it possible to delete your own posts?

StepmaniaGod6969 07-15-2008 08:47 PM

I still remember the old original Oregon Trail. Played in like 2nd and 3rd grade all the time. :) Ya know the one that used to be on an old floppy disk like this.

TakeHayashi_XD 07-15-2008 09:32 PM

N64 mario tennis was a pretty good game

jeumaitre 07-15-2008 09:45 PM

Ocarina of Time is still the best of the best for me. I'm turning it into a book too. Some poeple have read a few chapters and told me im doing great, so if you want to read it, send me a pm or something and ill give you the link.

smartdude1212 07-15-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshot (Post 2343517)
Ape Escape (The original)

HOLY **** YES

TakeHayashi_XD 07-15-2008 09:56 PM

some pokemon games like blue, red, yellow, etc. are still great games.