Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   14th Official Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153139)

benny58624 07-28-2021 09:00 AM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Been chilling at #16 for a few days, didn't check the last day and then got pushed out to #24 just before the round finished apparently (needed 23- to pass). GG XD I should've tried to improve it more.

benny58624 07-28-2021 09:32 AM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4766864)
It wasn't an option, the divisions were split more appropriately this time around rather than adhering to old outdated ways of splitting them.

It would be nice to have the Skill Rating Lv. reqs for divisions updated to better reflect the new ways of splitting them - if possible. I noticed it seemed to have changed quite a lot.

sff_writer_dan 07-28-2021 10:39 AM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by benny58624 (Post 4767180)
It would be nice to have the Skill Rating Lv. reqs for divisions updated to better reflect the new ways of splitting them - if possible. I noticed it seemed to have changed quite a lot.

I want to remember that the original lines, broadly, were set so each division contained a smaller and smaller percentage of the player base, and they still do, but almost any set of lines would.

The problem is that the skill rating splits don't get progressively smaller, they're inconsistent, built around the player counts and not the skill ratings.

Code:

D1 0-25  (26)
D2 26-49 (24)
D3 50-58  (9)
D4 59-68 (10)
D5 69-82 (14)
D6 83-94 (12)
D7 95-100 (6)
D8 101+

If, for whatever reason 8 divisions had to stay, it would probably make more sense to do something like

Code:

D1 01-35 (35)
D2 36-52 (17)
D3 53-67 (15)
D4 68-77 (10)
D5 78-86  (9)
D6 87-94  (8)
D7 95-100 (6)
D8 101+


Toxophilis 07-28-2021 12:35 PM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sff_writer_dan (Post 4767184)
I want to remember that the original lines, broadly, were set so each division contained a smaller and smaller percentage of the player base, and they still do, but almost any set of lines would.

The problem is that the skill rating splits don't get progressively smaller, they're inconsistent, built around the player counts and not the skill ratings.

Code:

D1 0-25  (26)
D2 26-49 (24)
D3 50-58  (9)
D4 59-68 (10)
D5 69-82 (14)
D6 83-94 (12)
D7 95-100 (6)
D8 101+

If, for whatever reason 8 divisions had to stay, it would probably make more sense to do something like

Code:

D1 01-35 (35)
D2 36-52 (17)
D3 53-67 (15)
D4 68-77 (10)
D5 78-86  (9)
D6 87-94  (8)
D7 95-100 (6)
D8 101+


if it was set out like that, i'd totally be d3, since i struggle with anything over 65, although since it goes on everything you've ever accomplished, and i used to play like mid 70s almost a decade ago, i'd still end up in d4, sucks but thems the breaks

also i can guarantee you as an ex d2 participant, their skill range is exceptionally higher, and can reach the 50s or even 60s if they were pushed, so this table looks pretty accurate

psychoangel691 07-28-2021 02:15 PM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by benny58624 (Post 4767180)
It would be nice to have the Skill Rating Lv. reqs for divisions updated to better reflect the new ways of splitting them - if possible. I noticed it seemed to have changed quite a lot.

This is something I've already been fighting for a long time. I never wanted divisions tied to the skill rating system to begin with anyway because 1. they were based on really outdated stuff anyway and 2. the skill rating system is still pretty flawed. So it causes a lot of confusion when it comes to tournament time and people are like why am x here instead of here because skill rating says x. I have no control over the skill rating part.

psychoangel691 07-28-2021 02:17 PM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Also for the actual reason I came in here then almost forgot cause my brain is totally not with it today.

TopeDogeWow has been removed from D2 for sandbagging and LVsL is back in. Dash will look normal again when the other D2 players play.

sff_writer_dan 07-28-2021 03:19 PM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4767219)
This is something I've already been fighting for a long time. I never wanted divisions tied to the skill rating system to begin with anyway because 1. they were based on really outdated stuff anyway and 2. the skill rating system is still pretty flawed. So it causes a lot of confusion when it comes to tournament time and people are like why am x here instead of here because skill rating says x. I have no control over the skill rating part.

I think the skill rating system is still useful and helps people track progress, so I wouldn't like it if it just went away, but are you thinking more that you'd just stop sorting skill ratings into divisions at all? So the leaderboard is just one giant ordered list of skill ratings, and nobody is split anywhere?

3lijah 07-28-2021 04:01 PM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
round 4 is where I would usually drop out the tournament. I remember I couldnt get a good score on Dies Irae, I grinded that song the entire week and no avail lmao

Phynx 07-28-2021 04:24 PM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lijah (Post 4767265)
round 4 is where I would usually drop out the tournament. I remember I couldnt get a good score on Dies Irae, I grinded that song the entire week and no avail lmao


It's funny you say that. You're slated to win by quite a big margin.

psychoangel691 07-28-2021 05:46 PM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sff_writer_dan (Post 4767244)
I think the skill rating system is still useful and helps people track progress, so I wouldn't like it if it just went away, but are you thinking more that you'd just stop sorting skill ratings into divisions at all? So the leaderboard is just one giant ordered list of skill ratings, and nobody is split anywhere?

I didn't say get rid of it, I said I never wanted divisions involved.

sff_writer_dan 07-28-2021 06:05 PM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4767293)
I didn't say get rid of it, I said I never wanted divisions involved.

Which is...what I said?

FlynnMac 07-28-2021 06:40 PM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Damn, stuck with my sightread for now. Just waiting on this nasty thunderstorm to pass through so I can play again.

Phynx 07-28-2021 09:38 PM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Round 4 might be where I combo-break my green lawn. :(


Anyone got any fertilizer?

_DJ Vinyl_ 07-29-2021 12:20 AM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phynx (Post 4767510)
Round 4 might be where I combo-break my green lawn. :(


Anyone got any fertilizer?

I'm going to keep my green lawn going tho

Phynx 07-29-2021 12:46 AM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by _DJ Vinyl_ (Post 4767638)
I'm going to keep my green lawn going tho

Please, could you spare some of that miracle gro you got? My lawn looking a little gray....

LvsL 07-29-2021 02:13 AM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4767220)
Also for the actual reason I came in here then almost forgot cause my brain is totally not with it today.

TopeDogeWow has been removed from D2 for sandbagging and LVsL is back in. Dash will look normal again when the other D2 players play.

What the heck....
Damn it's only a game, why would someone bother cheating with it >_<. That was a real surprise that I already passed at last minute like less than an hour before the round end.

Well, I'll see how close I can get, anyways.

3lijah 07-29-2021 03:41 PM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phynx (Post 4767510)
Round 4 might be where I combo-break my green lawn. :(


Anyone got any fertilizer?



Quote:

Originally Posted by _DJ Vinyl_ (Post 4767638)
I'm going to keep my green lawn going tho

fuck yalls green lawns, im bout to have patches

Phynx 07-29-2021 04:34 PM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lijah (Post 4767874)
fuck yalls green lawns, im bout to have patches

Oh shut up Scott. We know your secretly rocking that Turf Builder somewhere. You lawn gonna be gorgeous.

psychoangel691 07-30-2021 12:42 AM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LvsL (Post 4767686)
What the heck....
Damn it's only a game, why would someone bother cheating with it >_<. That was a real surprise that I already passed at last minute like less than an hour before the round end.

Well, I'll see how close I can get, anyways.

It's a user who was banned and keeps making alt accounts to cause trouble. I'm sure they've already got another.

BigHayden1 07-30-2021 01:43 AM

Re: 14th Official Tournament
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4768273)
It's a user who was banned and keeps making alt accounts to cause trouble. I'm sure they've already got another.

sounds 2 me like they cant handle their actual divisions competition so they just sandbag l0l


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution