Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFRMania Engine: 13,000+ songs and counting! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=132902)

loop123456 01-22-2014 01:20 PM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 4064154)
I have a complete backup of FFRMania. The engine will be re-uploaded to zxq.net today, and Tarrik will no longer be involved with the project.

hype

IncandescentMelody 01-22-2014 01:42 PM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
Ooh I see. Good to know. Thanks for the quick response :)

~Zeta~ 01-22-2014 03:07 PM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
Cool.

Really happy this engine/hosting is here btw. As I'm sure everyone else is as well.

Thank you.

FFRMania 01-22-2014 04:39 PM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
As things have changed slightly, let me elaborate on the current status of FFRMania, and what exactly is being done at the moment:

Essentially FFRMania was obliterated by Tarrik (he deleted everything on the FFRMania FTP, and also marked the old ZXQ site for deletion). Currently we have no idea why he did it, nor is it important, as we've removed him from all aspects of the project entirely. So for the short time being, FFRMania is not accessible, because there is literally nothing to access.

Soon we will be able to restore a large portion of the engine and it's contents, due to having some backups from the migration from zxq to FFRMania.com. There is a good chance though that not every level has a backup, and those that do not will have to be reconverted (which will take a little time). I have an extremely recent copy of the xmlfeedbacktest, so it should go by faster as levels would already be named and have details filled out. It may seem strange that we do not have an official up to date archive, but it should be noted that we are using paid hosting, and didn't have to worry about things like loss of data or anything like that. We also didn't exactly expect that anyone on the team would just flat out delete all of the contents within the engine (including the hundreds of levels they converted themselves). Needless to say, an up to date archive will be saved locally from now on, regardless of the fact it is less likely for data to be lost now that Tarrik has left. Further, due to Tarrik's discharge, there will be no more arbitrary downtime for the server caused by some form of emotional reaction in the future (or threats of said downtime).

Hopefully we can get at least a portion of the engine playable by the end of today, and repair more and more of the missing content throughout the remainder of the week. Once all repairs are complete, we will resume requests and converting levels normally. When we find out which files are not within our backup, they will be listed, and obviously we'll post about it when said levels are reconverted.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, we will attempt to get this project back on it's feet as soon as as possibly can.

-Fox

emoluv666 01-22-2014 04:51 PM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
things can only move up from here keep up the hard work guys

FFRMania 01-22-2014 04:58 PM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Fluttershy_ (Post 4064291)
Oh man, FFRMania has been deleted

Technically it's contents were, but it should be back in it's entirety soon enough with a little work. I should also mention that the site was just paid in advance for an entire year, so it's hardly the end of the road for us.

-Fox

Untimely Friction 01-22-2014 05:16 PM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
Woah damn. How did I miss the drama before my Zen post... thanks for the upload considering the circumstances, sorry for that timing.

Untimely Friction 01-25-2014 02:01 PM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
tarrik pls I want ffrmania :'(

Charu 01-25-2014 02:18 PM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
I actually tried recently to connect, couldn't so I went to check here.

Wow, he actually deleted all of it. That's really depressing, there's a few songs in there I enjoyed playing.

EDIT: Oh, there's a new .xml

foxfire667 01-25-2014 07:19 PM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4065838)
Wow, he actually deleted all of it. That's really depressing, there's a few songs in there I enjoyed playing.

Yes he did, though the majority of FFRMania is now usable (a little over 1200 levels). However because of this random incident (one which none of us know why occurred even after this time) the following things need to be reconverted / re-uploaded by us:

Our pack and song list needed to fix what we lost from Tarrik:
Mina Mini megapack 3
FFR Community Pack Winter 2011
FFR Community Pack Spring 2012
FFR Community Pack Autumn 2011
HSMP 1 and Hard Shit 1
HSMP Selections*
SPEEEDCOOOORE
SPEEEDCOOOORE 2
Extreme Z4 (DJMAX Extreme Z4 remix) [Oni] (NBJ3)
The Formula[Rea'du] (IcyWorld)

What we need from Prawn:
CMD+CTRL+C (IcyWorld)
Sannin No Dragon Slayer
BIGbadBOSSi's OP

What we need from Emily:
IIDX Candy Heroes Pad Pack (wip)

* There have been a few files added to HSMP selections I converted

Everything else should be usable though, and FFRMania should be working on R^3 now (just loaded it this very second, all seems well).

m0de 01-25-2014 08:36 PM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
Glad you guys are working hard on getting this all working again! Thanks for all the work to those involved. Dick move by Tarrik.

Untimely Friction 01-29-2014 12:35 AM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
hype!

Zapmeister 01-29-2014 08:28 AM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
i'm finding that the chart for maid of fire [oni] is identical to the current chart for maid of fire [heavy]... this didn't used to happen


TheSaxRunner05 01-29-2014 09:27 AM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
I should try this out someday

foxfire667 01-29-2014 11:28 AM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapmeister (Post 4068006)
i'm finding that the chart for maid of fire [oni] is identical to the current chart for maid of fire [heavy]... this didn't used to happen

Fixed this issue. If it persists, clear your cache (IE if standalone).

~Zeta~ 01-29-2014 12:15 PM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FFRMania (Post 4064282)
As things have changed slightly, let me elaborate on the current status of FFRMania, and what exactly is being done at the moment:

Essentially FFRMania was obliterated by Tarrik (he deleted everything on the FFRMania FTP, and also marked the old ZXQ site for deletion). Currently we have no idea why he did it, nor is it important, as we've removed him from all aspects of the project entirely. So for the short time being, FFRMania is not accessible, because there is literally nothing to access.

Soon we will be able to restore a large portion of the engine and it's contents, due to having some backups from the migration from zxq to FFRMania.com. There is a good chance though that not every level has a backup, and those that do not will have to be reconverted (which will take a little time). I have an extremely recent copy of the xmlfeedbacktest, so it should go by faster as levels would already be named and have details filled out. It may seem strange that we do not have an official up to date archive, but it should be noted that we are using paid hosting, and didn't have to worry about things like loss of data or anything like that. We also didn't exactly expect that anyone on the team would just flat out delete all of the contents within the engine (including the hundreds of levels they converted themselves). Needless to say, an up to date archive will be saved locally from now on, regardless of the fact it is less likely for data to be lost now that Tarrik has left. Further, due to Tarrik's discharge, there will be no more arbitrary downtime for the server caused by some form of emotional reaction in the future (or threats of said downtime).

Hopefully we can get at least a portion of the engine playable by the end of today, and repair more and more of the missing content throughout the remainder of the week. Once all repairs are complete, we will resume requests and converting levels normally. When we find out which files are not within our backup, they will be listed, and obviously we'll post about it when said levels are reconverted.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, we will attempt to get this project back on it's feet as soon as as possibly can.

-Fox

wow fuck you tarrik. what shred of dignity you had left in this community is gone now.

thank you guys so much.

omega_grunt666 02-12-2014 02:07 PM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
Any updates on re-converting those packs?

RagedBerserker 02-19-2014 02:09 AM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omega_grunt666 (Post 4077672)
Any updates on re-converting those packs?

^^^

choof 02-23-2014 04:02 AM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
lmao tarrik

dude needs to take a chill pill and retire from the internet for a while

Untimely Friction 02-23-2014 07:01 AM

Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!
 
disregards borked :<


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution