Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Help with Ipod? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=114123)

MelodyOfOblivion99 12-9-2009 04:08 PM

Help with Ipod?

I was wondering if there was any way that you guys knew of to get past using Itunes because I don't have a computer of my own anymore and it's a pain having to go to my friends house everytime that I want to put a new song on. Any suggestions? I've looked around but couldn't really find anything.

Izzy 12-9-2009 04:12 PM

Re: Help with Ipod?

Windows media player can put songs onto your ipod. It usually doesn't work if you have songs on your ipod from itunes already though. You have to either use one or the other.

Also if you go into your ipod through my computer there is a folder on there called "songs". You might be able to just add everything manually right there. Wmv format doesn't work though. They most likely have to be mp3 or whatever ipods like to convert things into. Ogg maybe?

MelodyOfOblivion99 12-9-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3299380)
Windows media player can put songs onto your ipod. It usually doesn't work if you have songs on your ipod from itunes already though. You have to either use one or the other.

Would it have to be the same computer like Itunes?

Izzy 12-9-2009 04:14 PM

I'm not sure. I don't think windows media player tries to sync your ipod to your library so probably not.

MelodyOfOblivion99 12-9-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3299385)
I'm not sure. I don't think windows media player tries to sync your ipod to your library so probably not.

Alright, thanks for your help =D I appreciate it

Kibblre 12-9-2009 04:24 PM

There's usually freeware that let's you do this. I used to have it when I had my old iPod Video.

thechild 12-9-2009 05:22 PM

jailbreak it and get dTunes from cydia if you want.

justaguy 12-9-2009 08:30 PM

how about you google it like everyone else with half a brain

dandandamdandan1111 12-9-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justaguy (Post 3299529)

YOUR MEAN but correct

justaguy 12-9-2009 08:49 PM

your name is ****ing dandandamdandan1111

is your name dan

DDRBaller123 12-9-2009 09:05 PM

WINAMP

fido123 12-10-2009 01:43 AM

This is why you should avoid buying iPods at all costs. Everything Mac makes is ultra restrictive so there really aren't any GOOD work around for anything. If you buy a Mac product, you have to do it the way Mac tells you to do it, and it always involves downloading another piece of Mac software to make things run. I will however say the iPod Touch/iPhone are sex and I want one.

rqm 12-11-2009 03:14 PM

take a cd and break it into pieces small enough to fit into the little charging slot on the bottom

the ipod can read the data once the entire cd is jammed in there

MelodyOfOblivion99 12-11-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justaguy (Post 3299529)

Or you could quit being a cock. I did google it, I was wondering if anyone here had any better solutions because I didn't find anything very useful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fido123 (Post 3299711)
This is why you should avoid buying iPods at all costs. Everything Mac makes is ultra restrictive so there really aren't any GOOD work around for anything. If you buy a Mac product, you have to do it the way Mac tells you to do it, and it always involves downloading another piece of Mac software to make things run. I will however say the iPod Touch/iPhone are sex and I want one.

Ha ha, I know. My friend actually had an old extra one that he said I could use. I've had no music ever since my PSP was stolen... >:0

Quote:

Originally Posted by rqm (Post 3300348)
take a cd and break it into pieces small enough to fit into the little charging slot on the bottom

the ipod can read the data once the entire cd is jammed in there

Worked like a charm xD

rqm 12-11-2009 03:30 PM

is the melody of oblivion on your ipod?