Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Youtube Demonetized Words (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151330)

MixMasterLar 10-1-2019 04:05 PM

Youtube Demonetized Words

Stole from Cynical Reviews, who is still going through the list on his channel here. Basically, of these are in your title your video is demonetized automatically regardless if context

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1380702445

My favorite so far is the fact that brotherfucker is not demonitized, but the name Cassandra is.

Seriously I'm so happy that I don't do YT as a job I would never survive

XelNya 10-1-2019 04:15 PM

Re: Youtube Demonetized Words

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4699885)
Stole from Cynical Reviews, who is still going through the list on his channel here. Basically, of these are in your title your video is demonetized automatically regardless if context

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1380702445

My favorite so far is the fact that brotherfucker is not demonitized, but the name Cassandra is.

Seriously I'm so happy that I don't do YT as a job I would never survive

fuck

also wai u no link this:

fuck what you think about nerd city but this video is fucking godly

MixMasterLar 10-1-2019 04:39 PM

I actually hadn't seen that video yet, but hell yeah if they did the work I am grateful

flashflash account 10-1-2019 08:45 PM

Why is Cassandra demonetized

Funnygurl555 10-1-2019 08:47 PM

this can't be real

some of the words don't make sense

XelNya 10-1-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4699922)
Why is Cassandra demonetized

ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass

mellonxcollie 10-1-2019 09:04 PM

lifestyle...?? make up....?? games...??

wtf those three categories probably make up half of youtubers if not more

Dinglesberry 10-1-2019 09:11 PM

can't you get demonetized as well just for swearing in a video?

edit: alot more people are starting patreons etc to make money and linking it in their description nowadays, because youtube a shit

flashflash account 10-1-2019 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4699924)
ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass

if this is true that's the most monkey code I've ever seen

inDheart 10-1-2019 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4699926)
can't you get demonetized as well just for swearing in a video?

edit: alot more people are starting patreons etc to make money and linking it in their description nowadays, because youtube a shit

mhm, or discussing things like rape or sexual assault even in just a news context, it seems

also idk if they still do this, but i once tried to put a link in a description and learned that my links could be screened to see if they were promoting off-site monetization because i haven't opted in to youtube's own

which i guess is their right, but it's annoying to have that be the thing you get to deal with if you don't want to mess with monetization

DaBackpack 10-1-2019 11:35 PM

came in with no expectations, left disappointed anyway

MixMasterLar 10-2-2019 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4699924)

Looking at the list, I bet i could get away with Cassandras

Swedcxzaq 10-2-2019 10:10 AM

Some of this list is actually ridiculous -_-

Skullbac 10-2-2019 06:11 PM

They don't demonitize fuckface, but they demonitize Gabriel? Really???

Youtube has some serious explaining to do. Enough with the lies. They want you to believe they are the ones demonitizing your stuff, but no! They use bots that do not understand english! Yeaaaa i guess I'll take the programming job instead of Youtube...

choof 10-2-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4699923)
this can't be real

some of the words don't make sense

almost certainly people being fearmongering idiots who don't understand the purpose of an algorithm and how it works

Hayzeusky 10-2-2019 06:52 PM

LOL. Well to be fair to google, millions of people use the website all day and at different times of each day, It's obviously bots clipping peoples wings off but I personally don't think all of those words are demonetized words. I still find it weird... complaining about unreliability of dough from a website that was designed for uploading videos.

aperson 10-2-2019 07:31 PM

Their methodology seems to be to create a video with a given word and see if it goes Yellow. There's a lot of confounds to control for so I'd take the final results with a grain of salt.

That being said, I bet Youtube's demonetization algorithms are a shitshow because they only care about their own profits, not their content creators.

SC_coolguy44 10-2-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4699981)
Their methodology seems to be to create a video with a given word and see if it goes Yellow. There's a lot of confounds to control for so I'd take the final results with a grain of salt.

That being said, I bet Youtube's demonetization algorithms are a shitshow because they only care about their own profits, not their content creators.

Thus making a lot of the content creators have to resort to stuff like sponsors or Patreon.

aperson 10-2-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC_coolguy44 (Post 4699982)
Thus making a lot of the content creators have to resort to stuff like sponsors or Patreon.

Yeah I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeal curious to see if Youtube tries to fuck with people linking patreon accounts or whatever. That's when I think shit would get real and Youtube might start losing market share.

MixMasterLar 10-2-2019 10:34 PM

They'll likely not even lose market share then because no other site could possibly hold the traffic that creators are use to. It's quite frankly a monopoly at this point so you'll just see creators try to creatively get around it in the videos.

I was hoping Facebook with allow people to achieve videos better and maybe be a competitor but that doesn't seem to be happening so womp womp