Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   After 12 long years, it's been a fun ride (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150813)

stepmaniasamurai 03-26-2019 04:06 PM

After 12 long years, it's been a fun ride

Hey gang. October 27th, 2007. That date may not mean anything to you guys, but to me it means everything. It's the day I first played StepMania. I fell in love with the game and got progressively better and better at it. But, as with anything good, too much of it is not good. My hands have been in much pain for a while now and it got worse the last few weeks. I decided to see a doctor to get tests and it's a good thing I did because the tests showed that I have to retire. My play style and keytaps have caused me to strain my hands and develop nerve damage on both my fingers and hands. Trust me, it hurts to even talk about it, but it's true. I joined this site two years ago and I am satisfied with how far I've gotten. It's been a wonderful ride everyone. Thanks for keeping it cool. Stepmaniasamurai out.

Gravity Kitten 03-26-2019 04:49 PM

Re: After 12 long years, it's been a fun ride

o7

Mahou 03-26-2019 05:28 PM

For a minute, I thought this was Luis because of the "samurai"

Hope you feel better m8.

ositzxz369 03-26-2019 05:31 PM

If you can't be a player, then try being a stepper instead.

mellonxcollie 03-26-2019 05:37 PM

Best of luck in your recovery ^_^

FirstMaple8 03-26-2019 06:32 PM

i have RSI and i can still play and im recovering at the same time, maybe you're different though. I wish you the best of luck with recovery regardless.

inDheart 03-26-2019 08:27 PM

you played SM when you were 5?

flashflash account 03-26-2019 08:31 PM

I thought that this thread was new and that inDheart was making it and I was about to cry

Shadow_God_10 03-27-2019 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ositzxz369 (Post 4669331)
If you can't be a player, then try being a stepper instead.

This! If you can't produce scores then make charts to songs that you believe that yourself or other people would like to play. It's what got me out of my 5 year hiatus.

Look up how to make files and if you have any questions ask around. There are several very talented sim artists who can show you the ropes and give you advice and constructive criticism. Just because you can't play anymore doesn't mean you can't contribute for all of us!

All the best!