Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 12:02 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
sup all

Villager/civ/town/whatever you guys like to say.

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 12:05 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493563)
sup all

Villager/civ/town/whatever you guys like to say.

Sup dude. What community you from?

storn42 11-15-2016 12:06 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
you know whats been bugging me. why did dfr vote MML? like he clearly realized that he was going to be lynched, yet instead of trying to self pres with a vote he instead places his vote on some random person and tries to claim seer. its starting to make me think that there is atleast 1 woof between mellon and andy.

TWG Ike 11-15-2016 12:08 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
storn42 has died

MixMasterLar, a Third Party, has achieved his win condition and has been removed from the game. The game will continue as normal.

MixMasterLar, you are Volke. You are a mysterious Thief, without any desire for human communication and an obsession with gathering as much wealth as you can. You have been given a strange contract, one to kill any member of the camp of the Greil Mercenaries after determining the identities of four members. It doesn’t make any sense, but damn, does it pay well. You have even already been given a sizable downpayment.
Each day phase, you may guess the identities of four living players by PMing me your guesses without any penalty to yourself, and you will learn how many of these, if any, are correct. Should you get all four guesses correct, you must kill one of these four players in order to finish your contract.
Each night phase, you may follow someone to their bunks, where you will learn any action they perform, as well as the identities of this person as well as their two nearest bunkmates. Doing so means you cannot be targeted at night, but if the person you are tailing is killed, you will die as well.
You win when you have finished your job. Should you finish your job, you will be removed from the game as their is no purpose to you remaining.

storn42, you are Largo. You are a behemoth of a man, a Berserker to be more specific, who claims to have wrestled two tigers at once and won. You are the mate of Calill, a Sage. You both seem to be pretty content with your accomplishments, no matter how farfetched they seem, one thing is for sure, you and Largo enjoy each other’s company.
You are masoned with [REDACTED], who is Calill. You may discuss whatever you want with them in your private chat, which may be anywhere, so long as I may be present as well. You may discuss here only. You should discuss with one another using whatever means you wish where you want this private chat to be during the pregame phase.

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 12:10 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Holy fuuuck

Wineandbread 11-15-2016 12:15 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Hey I'm sorry for not being around at EoD as promised. I just forgot while revising my report among other things.

Few initial thoughts:
- lol replacement got replaced, sup

- Yoshl's death kind of expected for me since I believe most people were leaning town on him.

- I am curious why dfr was so adamant on GS being town early into the game now.

- I'm pretty safe reading rb town now, I don't think he pushes dfr like that if he's also scum

- Would have been real helpful for MML to help town out at EoD... if he already knew the guesses before n2 that is. Hurrr...

Wineandbread 11-15-2016 12:16 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
If nobody else does it, I'll analyze DFR's posts tomorrow (sleeping now)

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 12:17 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4493565)
you know whats been bugging me. why did dfr vote MML? like he clearly realized that he was going to be lynched, yet instead of trying to self pres with a vote he instead places his vote on some random person and tries to claim seer. its starting to make me think that there is atleast 1 woof between mellon and andy.

ookkaayyy.. These were his final words, y'all. DFR also did say "I'm not voting for andy", although there is the possibility that he said that in order to stick to his "Hero of New Players" meta that was brought up at varying points in the game.

Andy, care to explain your role? Don't quote your pm at all, but explain what your role does because it still sounds a little shady.

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 12:17 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Hi everyone, i'm theknightsofneeee. I'm an experianced mafia/WW player, at least 15-20 long forum games under my belt, and alot more mafia from like epicmafia/DM/resistance and so on.

subbing in cause why not. :)



Some quick stuff about me, I consider myself a really good player in both alignments, especially because I am able to get cleared as town easily in either alignment.

I kinda wanted to sub in for a wolf, because pretending you are solving the game is much easier than ACTUALLY trying to solve the game with a bunch of people you don't really know. But unfortunately I did not. Stuck with being a villager. :/


Obviously we got some good stuff at EoD yesterday (just to let you know, i have read approximately nothing of the game; I read the flips, saw a mafia flipped day 1, and I read the EoD. Thats it)

some quick reactions to the fake cop claim by the mafia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4493432)
I HAD A GREEN CHECK ON GOLD GET OFF

mafia claims


Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4493435)
DFR

cross posts with the claim. I doubt that this is bussing here, but I don't know how much you guys bus/like to bus here so I could be wildly off base.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4493437)
shit

i /kinda/like this reaction? feels genuine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493438)
dfr

Sorry homie.

-o24

if there is a bussing vote, this feels like it.

the sorry homie feels like he's distancing himself from the act of voting dfr, and it also leaves a bit of hesistancy so that perhaps he could go back on the vote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493440)
CFD ON ANDY NOW
from OP:

"Items: On (Items cannot be passed from one player to another)"

while this feels agenda driven (starting another cfd off a mafia right at EoD) the fact that it is a mechanical reason for it is /fine/ i guess? Ehh.. not my cup of tea personally.

[quote=roundbox;4493441]unvote

uh[/QUOTE]

I really like the 'uh' here. Reads of completely genuine confusion/shock/puzzlement. First solid town read. (yes that read is solely based on a 'uh')

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4493442)
melon

not sure about the merits of this vote (haven't read the whole game yet) so i'll wait to comment on this for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 4493443)
andy

bandwagons the andy cfd.

feels very mafia'y. 9/10 would lynch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4493444)
mellon

same as with the other melon vote, need to read them first.

roundbox 11-15-2016 12:18 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
MML has guaranteed check results in his last phases's posts, I guarantee it.

He took out storn, so I'm assuming he guessed all VTs or something? This would be my best guess. Unless his guess is PURELY identity, then I have no idea.

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 12:18 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493564)
Sup dude. What community you from?

a bunch of different ones.

POG/MU/Dailymafia/epicmafia/townofsalem/SC2mafia

sc2 mafia and daily mafia are where I started tho.

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 12:21 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
holy shit, there was just 2 more deaths/victories.

jeez

Wineandbread 11-15-2016 12:22 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
It's also interesting why MML would choose storn kill if he knew the identities of all the people he guessed.

I'm a little curious about how the guesses work. I assume what happens is he submits 4 guesses together, and he gets x/4 like mastermind-ish style. Does he get unlimited guesses during the day though (no penalty?)? Or just one set of 4 guesses per day?

And it looks like he only guesses the name of the character (identity)? And not the team? Which means he may not have known which characters on his list were scum or town.

If sunsfan is allowed to clarify on this role, I would definitely like that.

roundbox 11-15-2016 12:23 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4493430)
Fuck you if you're full of shit you die tomorrow no questions

[twg]DFR[/twgv]

You better be right RB

Looks like a little bit of a SOFT here
Did he not end up killing him because of his claim?

TWG Ike 11-15-2016 12:24 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Lar won by guessing player identities, ie were guessing me valid, he would be 1/4 if he guessed I was Ike

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 12:24 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 4493576)
It's also interesting why MML would choose storn kill if he knew the identities of all the people he guessed.

I'm a little curious about how the guesses work. I assume what happens is he submits 4 guesses together, and he gets x/4 like mastermind-ish style. Does he get unlimited guesses during the day though (no penalty?)? Or just one set of 4 guesses per day?

And it looks like he only guesses the name of the character (identity)? And not the team? Which means he may not have known which characters on his list were scum or town.

If sunsfan is allowed to clarify on this role, I would definitely like that.

while i understand the curiousity, and it is an interesting role, I don't think it actually has an impact on us/the game anymore because he's already finished.

I don't think there's any info we can garner from it, so it seems kinda fruitless to to delve into it.

roundbox 11-15-2016 12:26 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Since identities AFAIK are not alignment indicative, he must have picked the scummiest out of the most? He seemed to be playing in the interest of town.
He must have discovered storn and his partner's identity and thought they were wolves as they were bunkmates. I could probably find out storn's mason bro through deduction.

I'm gonna read MML's reads, YoshL's reads, and storn's reads.

brb

roundbox 11-15-2016 12:28 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493579)
while i understand the curiousity, and it is an interesting role, I don't think it actually has an impact on us/the game anymore because he's already finished.

I don't think there's any info we can garner from it, so it seems kinda fruitless to to delve into it.

Since he can see character's "bunkmates," I'm assuming this refers or extends to private chat partners. I'm assuming that he killed storn because he saw he was bunkmated with X, and thought that this association made them wolves.

Looks like my masons prediction was correct :cool:

roundbox 11-15-2016 12:30 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Also can we speculate why YoshL died over Pazzaz? Unless there was knowledge of his roleblocking power to the wolf crew, I don't see a major reason to pick YoshL over him.

@Pazzaz
Was your Day0 mute a result of your role or from one of DFR's arrows?

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 12:31 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4493580)
Since identities AFAIK are not alignment indicative, he must have picked the scummiest out of the most? He seemed to be playing in the interest of town.
He must have discovered storn and his partner's identity and thought they were wolves as they were bunkmates. I could probably find out storn's mason bro through deduction.

I'm gonna read MML's reads, YoshL's reads, and storn's reads.

brb

just curious (this might just be different sites playstyles and differences in philosophy) but why would you want to try and find the mason bro right now?

either they decide to out (which is fine, we get a clear town) or they don't (which means they may perhaps get nightkilled instead of a stronger town Power Role)

why do you feel the need to go find it yourself?


and why look through the two dead town's reads and the dead neutral's reads instead of looking through the dead mafia's reads? The mafia is the one who knows everyone's alignments. The dead towns did not.

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 12:32 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493571)
Some quick stuff about me, I consider myself a really good player in both alignments, especially because I am able to get cleared as town easily in either alignment.

I kinda wanted to sub in for a wolf, because pretending you are solving the game is much easier than ACTUALLY trying to solve the game with a bunch of people you don't really know. But unfortunately I did not. Stuck with being a villager. :/

lol thanks for the wifom, you really good player, you.


Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493571)
while this feels agenda driven (starting another cfd off a mafia right at EoD) the fact that it is a mechanical reason for it is /fine/ i guess? Ehh.. not my cup of tea personally.

When I went to write that post there weren't any votes on DFR, btw. the vast majority of votes were on mellonxcollie, which was a wagon I started and is a slot I still suspect. She promised to put in work trying to clear herself today (she was a replacement an hour before EoD), and andy had just claimed to have a role that seemingly contradicts OP, so I tried to get a CFD onto him (and off of mellonxcollie). I didn't realize DFR was even a wagon until I posted the second thing about andy, and I would've stuck with andy regardless because DFR had claimed a check.

andy-o24 11-15-2016 12:37 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493570)
Andy, care to explain your role? Don't quote your pm at all, but explain what your role does because it still sounds a little shady.

I have four items of varying ability that I may distribute to a player of my choice during a night phase. I know you don't want to believe that because of the no item trading clause, but that is at its core my role.

-o24

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 12:37 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
man

i can tell already this is gonna be a pain trying to contain my spammy nature.

I'm used to games where I personally post almost 800-1000 posts in a single game which takes 6 days..

lolme

roundbox 11-15-2016 12:38 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493583)
and why look through the two dead town's reads and the dead neutral's reads instead of looking through the dead mafia's reads? The mafia is the one who knows everyone's alignments. The dead towns did not.

Making a big post on it is next on my agenda. I did it during the night phase and most of his reads are NULL and it's really annoying. His major scum tunnel was on MML, who we now know was third party.

I guess I can leave my mason deduction out of public for the time being (note: I have not made any guesses/deductions yet).

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 12:40 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493586)
man

i can tell already this is gonna be a pain trying to contain my spammy nature.

I'm used to games where I personally post almost 800-1000 posts in a single game which takes 6 days..

lolme

lol shitposting is definitely a thing that happens closer to the start of the game. Still some shitposting in these phases, but not tooo much. I don't mind you taking off that filter, though. It'll help us all place you a little better. (so long as most posts have something to do with the game lols I don't wanna sift through 800 posts of your favorite fandom)

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 12:41 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493584)
lol thanks for the wifom, you really good player, you.




When I went to write that post there weren't any votes on DFR, btw. the vast majority of votes were on mellonxcollie, which was a wagon I started and is a slot I still suspect. She promised to put in work trying to clear herself today (she was a replacement an hour before EoD), and andy had just claimed to have a role that seemingly contradicts OP, so I tried to get a CFD onto him (and off of mellonxcollie). I didn't realize DFR was even a wagon until I posted the second thing about andy, and I would've stuck with andy regardless because DFR had claimed a check.

what is our beautiful game without wifom? ;)



and okay then?

so who do you think deserves credit for/should get essentially cleared for pushing on DFR/getting DFR lynched?

and how is it that everyone else had enough time to wagon DFR and DFR had enough time to formulate a claim and then claim before you posted that one post about Andy? And why was one post about 'items' enough to rip you off of your scumread mellon? especially since mellon had been, as you claim, 'your wagon'?

roundbox 11-15-2016 12:41 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493585)
I have four items of varying ability that I may distribute to a player of my choice during a night phase. I know you don't want to believe that because of the no item trading clause, but that is at its core my role.

-o24

Item providers have no inherent alignment, so we can't necessarily trust you too much at the moment, especially given DFR's very awkward defense of you.
Have we seen any benefit of these items? I don't feel like I've seen anything noteworthy.

roundbox 11-15-2016 12:43 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Also @Shado

I believe the "items being passed" rule applies to players who receive an item to send it to another player in the night. I.E. a wolf receives it and wants a partner to have it instead, they cannot send it. I think item creators can still create + send their item, so I think his role is legit. His alignment is up for discussion, though.

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 12:43 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493585)
I have four items of varying ability that I may distribute to a player of my choice during a night phase. I know you don't want to believe that because of the no item trading clause, but that is at its core my role.

-o24

Ohh, I see what you meant now. So you're claiming something akin to a santa, then? (aside from the naughty/nice aspect)
something like gun/vest/crystall ball/bread?

Here:
https://epicmafia.com/role/2418

andy-o24 11-15-2016 12:44 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
YoshL was the recipient of one item which he could have used last night. His death renders the item I gave him useless.

-o24

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 12:46 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Okay, then. I had to be sure (hence the softer approach to andy today), but I currently possess a knife.

andy-o24 11-15-2016 12:46 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
And yes. That Santa role is very similar.

-o24

andy-o24 11-15-2016 12:46 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493594)
Okay, then. I had to be sure (hence the softer approach to andy today), but I currently possess a knife.

You're welcome.

-o24

roundbox 11-15-2016 12:47 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493594)
Okay, then. I had to be sure (hence the softer approach to andy today), but I currently possess a knife.

DON'T SLICE ME BRO

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 12:48 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493593)
YoshL was the recipient of one item which he could have used last night. His death renders the item I gave him useless.

-o24

I'm curious, why didn't you out gifting it to me here?

Like, what made you choose to refrain from including that?

roundbox 11-15-2016 12:50 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4493030)
It's not Pazzaz.

I believe his claim is legit, and he said he bussed 2 players, AA, and Charu - 2 townspeople.

I'm worried right now because the current turn of events was dfr getting pressure from AA and MML (i think, still hav en't reread) and AA getting day vig'd.

I want to say the most likely person to do that is dfr at the moment, but it seems so fucking easy.



if only this reaction wasn't god awful forced feeling, i wouldn't be willing to look at pazz

second suspicion falls to shadowolfe for overreaction:



I'm not exactly sure why you're adopting such an alarmist point of view.

17/20 players is about equivalent to 11/13 players, or one day phase of a normal 13 person setup assuming 3 wolves. Like, you seem to be blowing the urgency of the situation out of proportion to make it look like you're in a more desperate haze trying to scumhunt, but all you're really doing is not actually reading people. you've said "if you are town" to multiple players like, telling them to play better but not actually scumhunting at all?

final suspicion is haku.
instant fixation onto "gunsmith" throws up major alarm bells, given that according to the OP, items are on. Noting the other reactions that people gave to AA being day-vig'd, literally the only person that seemed to be primed to think of items was Haku, and I'd daresay that it's surprising given the intelligence of mechanical play and setup understanding he's shown in the past

This is his last major analysis post.

DFR = most likely candidate but it's almost too easy (it was, but we both panic swapped LOL)
Pazzaz = curious reaction, but he wasn't responsible for the shot
Shado = overly alarmist reaction, but he is confirmed to not have made the shot now
Haku = also not the shot maker

Unless one of these three that aren't DFR are trying to save face/suspicion, I'm not sure why they killed him?

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4492795)
I have to commentate osu stuff tomorrow, so I'll be probably attempt to iso people for the first time fucking ever because it feels weird having like a bunch of strong town leans, and no real substance on any scum (AragakiAyase, roundbox, MixMasterLar, XelNya, Vendetta21 for anyone's reference)

Here are his town reads. Looks like he's right on two (me/AA), and half-right on MML since he's a non-hostile third-party.






YoshL's presence last day phase was very, VERY lackluster, so I feel like the wolf crew scouted his role the night before. I don't see any other reason to kill him over Pazzaz, a semi-confirmed town. Not sure if this will get us anywhere. It's still worth looking into mellon today, however. She's in a pretty suspicious slot.

andy-o24 11-15-2016 12:51 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I'm not sure how much I can say without being modkilled lol. First game excuse, etc, etc.

-o24

roundbox 11-15-2016 12:52 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493599)
I'm curious, why didn't you out gifting it to me here?

Like, what made you choose to refrain from including that?

might be reading too much into it?

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 12:52 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Also, open-question. Does anyone know of a santa-type role that is aligned against town?

I was under the assumption that the inherent nature of choosing between four pro-town items to gift is generally pro-town.

Also, if he were aligned against town, why would he gift me a knife? I'm inclined to believe andy and conclude that he's town for now.

andy-o24 11-15-2016 12:52 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
YoshL lynch I think was either a confirmed role (more than just vanilla town) or residual top town rankings from d0. He was strong d0, lackluster d1, I agree.

-o24

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 12:54 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Question:

did people have an opinion on me prior to me posting today? or did my initial person not post?

just curious

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 12:54 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493602)
I'm not sure how much I can say without being modkilled lol. First game excuse, etc, etc.

-o24

I know you're traumatized because of the freezin modkill, but as long as you're not explicitly quoting the moderator or referencing any sort of communication from him, you're fine.

Like, I could claim to be santa, and say that I can send anyone a choice of either a knife, shield, crystall ball, or fortune cookie every night, and it'd be all above-board.

andy-o24 11-15-2016 12:55 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I'm reading it as a town role, so I'm trying to help you guys. I figured giving you the knife would hopefully clear up your suspicion of item gifting and help to clear me from MML's push. Which admittedly, I worded my reasoning poorly.

-o24

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 12:56 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493604)
Also, open-question. Does anyone know of a santa-type role that is aligned against town?

I was under the assumption that the inherent nature of choosing between four pro-town items to gift is generally pro-town.

Also, if he were aligned against town, why would he gift me a knife? I'm inclined to believe andy and conclude that he's town for now.

i have heard of such a role, but I've never played with it, and it is, obviously, inherently uncommon.

i would think that the gift giver (or santa) being either a villager or third party makes more sense.


Usually if its a wolf gift giver or something of the sort, they only give 1 bad item afaik.

roundbox 11-15-2016 12:56 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493608)
I'm reading it as a town role, so I'm trying to help you guys. I figured giving you the knife would hopefully clear up your suspicion of item gifting and help to clear me from MML's push. Which admittedly, I worded my reasoning poorly.

-o24

are you third party
it sounds like you're third party

andy-o24 11-15-2016 12:57 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I don't have a win condition inherent in the PM. So it feels VERY town to me.

-o24

andy-o24 11-15-2016 12:57 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Explicit, probably is better than inherent.

-o24

roundbox 11-15-2016 12:59 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
For my sanity, here are the LIVING PLAYERS:

Quote:

4) wineandbread
5) roundbox
7) XelNya
8) Precarious
9) Vendetta21
10) theknightsofneeee
12) ShadoWolfe
13) Pazzaz
15) Andy-o24
16) gold stinger
17) inDheart
19) mellonxcollie
20) Tokzic
13 players

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 01:00 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493606)
Question:

did people have an opinion on me prior to me posting today? or did my initial person not post?

just curious

Your slot is scum-read.

R.E. Aryxi was the original slot-holder. I pushed him, he promised to address my push, and then he replaced out.
Hakulyte was the next slot-holder. His meta is generally (analytical, serious wolf, hesitant, shitposty town). In this game, he was entirely analytical and serious, and didn't shitpost at all (granted, he replaced into D1 and shitposting is generally most prevalent in D0).

You replacing in is a breath of fresh air, so I'm gonna let you do your thing before making a judgment, but know that your slot is currently working against you.

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 01:01 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493613)
I don't have a win condition inherent in the PM. So it feels VERY town to me.

-o24

stop talking about the PM like that, dude. I told you you're good as long as you DON'T reference communication from the moderator.

You can say "I don't know my win condition"

you can't say "blah blah blah PM"

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 01:05 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I'm fine with that.

I knew i would have an uphill battle this game, regardless of what role I subbed into, because of the complete lack of meta and familiarity, as well as replacing after a lynch.

I would have been surprised if I wasn't a scumread for most people.

I was just wondering.

Would you like to respond to my questions about why everyone else was able wagon/vote DFR, and you were not? and why you were okay with CFD'ing off of 'your mellon wagon'?

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 01:06 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
ya as a general rule, dont talk about the mod.

act like they don't exist and you'll be :thumb:

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 01:07 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4493582)
Also can we speculate why YoshL died over Pazzaz? Unless there was knowledge of his roleblocking power to the wolf crew, I don't see a major reason to pick YoshL over him.

@Pazzaz
Was your Day0 mute a result of your role or from one of DFR's arrows?

I've tried thinking of a reason why Pazzaz wouldn't die, but the only thing I can think of is that he wasn't universally believed in his claim.
YoshL, on the other hand, was universally town-read.

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 01:23 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493618)
I'm fine with that.

I knew i would have an uphill battle this game, regardless of what role I subbed into, because of the complete lack of meta and familiarity, as well as replacing after a lynch.

I would have been surprised if I wasn't a scumread for most people.

I was just wondering.

Would you like to respond to my questions about why everyone else was able wagon/vote DFR, and you were not? and why you were okay with CFD'ing off of 'your mellon wagon'?

(thought process: "what questions?! ohhhhhhh--)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493589)
what is our beautiful game without wifom? ;)



and okay then?

so who do you think deserves credit for/should get essentially cleared for pushing on DFR/getting DFR lynched?

and how is it that everyone else had enough time to wagon DFR and DFR had enough time to formulate a claim and then claim before you posted that one post about Andy? And why was one post about 'items' enough to rip you off of your scumread mellon? especially since mellon had been, as you claim, 'your wagon'?

Roundbox looks really good coming out of EoD, and is the only player I'd "clear" based on DFR's wagon and lynch.

I'm not a very fast poster for the most part, but EoD I tend to use both my phone and my computer to make sure I'm caught up. If you look at the times, I posted twice about CFDing onto Andy (reasoning being his impossible roleclaim that he's since clarified) in one minute, and the whole DFR wagon happened in one minute the minute before.

It wasn't a post about "items" that ripped me off my wagon. Items are on, so a post about them is alright, but I thought itemsharing/gifting was explicitly off in the OP until I received a knife this morning and went "oh". I started the wagon on andy because I thought he was lying about his role, so he had to be scum, and guaranteed scum is better than possible scum, hence my CFD.



Also, if you have time to be asking me those questions, you have time to be reading D0 and D1. I think that'd be a more effective way to scumhunt than anything else atm.

Unless, of course, you're not really trying to scumhunt and are just wanting to be visible and push around a little bit to make it seem like you are.

andy-o24 11-15-2016 01:30 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Okay. I don't know my win condition. But I am interpreting it as a town role and am trying to play it to benefit the town.

I have seven hours of class Tuesday, so I'm trying to make some kind of contribution before I go to bed. Probably won't see much from me the rest of the day.

Here's me spitballing (kinda WIFOM-tier)
dfr was wolf and was protecting me because I'm new and a bad player. Begs the question for me if that was the wolves strategy all along: take out the strong town players and even go so far as trying to protect the bad ones until late game. That doesn't seem to follow though as dfr was the only one explicitly trying to defend me from my recollection. That could suggest disorganized wolves, because if they fell in the inactive/low post slots they probably weren't theorizing how to approach the game. YoshL vote suggests there is at least one active wolf still making that call. If all were inactive, there would have been no kill that night, right? While YoshL is a kill that makes sense, especially based on d0, it seems maybe too obvious especially with roundbox's sleuthing as of late. That could suggest the replacements that had to skim the thread saw in the early game AA/YoshL as top towns and would choose the one still alive as their kill.

TL;DR: inactives/replacements are what I want to look into.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493621)
It wasn't a post about "items" that ripped me off my wagon. Items are on, so a post about them is alright, but I thought itemsharing/gifting was explicitly off in the OP until I received a knife this morning and went "oh".

It had its intended effect then, lol. I'm reading you town anyway, so I figured that would either make you believe me (and a nice item for the town to have) or you would immediately go with your gut and use the knife on me.

-o24

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 01:35 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493622)
It had its intended effect then, lol. I'm reading you town anyway, so I figured that would either make you believe me (and a nice item for the town to have) or you would immediately go with your gut and use the knife on me.

-o24

Lol yeah I assumed that was your intention. Going with my gut would never have involved knifing you off the bat though, especially since the very reality of receiving a knife meant that I was wrong about gifting.

What was the effect of the item you gave YoshL?

andy-o24 11-15-2016 01:45 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
1-shot seer.

-o24

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 01:49 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493624)
1-shot seer.

-o24

Wat.

You're saying you have a giftable item that allows the recipient to investigate a player of their choice? When can it be used? Is it a day-use item? That sounds really useful..

andy-o24 11-15-2016 01:55 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I sent it to him night 1, he could use it night 2 and we would know the results this day if he used it and told us. Unfortunately he was killed and the item is not refunded, so it was wasted. I can no longer gift a 1-shot seer.

-o24

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 01:56 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Okay, so I did some research on what a scum-aligned santa-type role would entail. Essentially, the scum-aligned equivalent is known as a "Fabricator".

Basically a fabricator can send a fake item to a player of their choice. When used, the fake item backfires on its recipient. So, if the knife that I currently possess is fake, I will end up stabbing myself.

At some point in this phase, I will announce that I'm ready to use this knife, and declare a target (input would be appreciate from the rest of town). I will not use this knife without first announcing it and declaring a target. At that point, if I were to die instead of my target, andy should obviously be lynched at the conclusion of this phase.

I doubt he's a fabricator (because he took responsibility for the gift), but I felt this had to be said since it is still a distinct possibility.

andy-o24 11-15-2016 01:59 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I really need to go to bed though. I'll try and get a response out to any questions directed toward me before class. Keep it up, Shado.

And yeah, that totally makes sense.

-o24

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 02:01 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493628)
I really need to go to bed though. I'll try and get a response out to any questions directed toward me before class. Keep it up, Shado.

And yeah, that totally makes sense.

-o24

You're good. Get some rest.

Thanks for clearing yourself :3

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 02:13 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Hi Xel, Pazzaz.

I assume you'll each have some thoughts to share after reading up?

I mean, it's hard to imagine you wouldn't. There's the NK flip and a new face in thread.

gold stinger 11-15-2016 06:01 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I think both andy & Shado are lock clear town after the latest interaction, at least until Shado does something with the knife. If knife doesn't backfire or something, then yeah it would make sense that andy would be wolf in this case. But at the same time, Mad Dummy says that usually the similar scum-aligned role usually only has 1 or 2 of those items, where andy says he's got 4.

I'm inclined to believe that Shado & andy are both town here, and andy just outed himself hardcore.

Both Precarious, and vendetta are being inactive as fuck and look super scummy as fuck that it's d2 and still neither of them have got a fucking reads list going for themselves.

I like both inDheart & wineandbread's reads and are both being super analytical of the game in nature, so I don't really think either of them are wolves, but one could be copying the other since they have both crazily similar read styles. I'd town-lean both of them for right now.

I honestly think my top scum read right now is Pazzaz. Some people have said earlier that his role is more often than not scum-aligned, he hasn't made all that good of counterarguments against AA dying, and still doesn't drop me some fucking critical information regarding his d0 thoughts, although he should have been bursting out the oiseau with them.

Will probably be reading over roundbox's and Xelnya's stuff today, although I will say that I feel a little bit better about roundbox after tonight's lynch.

gold stinger 11-15-2016 06:03 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
oh fuck I didn't use size 5 like I said I was going to rip my life

gold stinger 11-15-2016 06:04 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks

gold stinger 11-15-2016 06:04 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
shitposting in day 2 ladies and gentlemen

gold stinger 11-15-2016 06:06 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493586)
man

i can tell already this is gonna be a pain trying to contain my spammy nature.

I'm used to games where I personally post almost 800-1000 posts in a single game which takes 6 days..

lolme

you should TOTALLY fucking shitpost with me.

gold stinger 11-15-2016 06:27 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Xelnya come Xelnya go

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 09:50 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4493634)
dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks

kung pow voice: That's a lot of dicks!


TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 10:27 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Just read up through page 5 (80 posts per page).

here's some thoughts.

(i would spoiler it, but i don't know how :( )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4490878)
Nah, you have 72 hours to make another good one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4490879)
Look at this wolf, boyz


i like both of these posts from charu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4490880)
hi

this reaction to being called a wolf by charu is underwhelming, but at the same time i kinda like the underreaction?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4490915)
Oh that's good. I'm glad things are goin smoothly lol. The way you're being so vague about it makes me think this "random Anime convention" is something along the lines of "Hardcore Hentai Con" (wonder if that exists somewhere..)

"You in my room" is a reference to the Snivy Charu I've had in my house for a few years without realizing it was even a Snivy until your avatar slapped me in the face with its Snivyness.

lol at the bold

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4490928)
Oh, you're Marth?
Wow, either you or Tokzic must be lying then.

this statement just stood out as odd to me. In a certain way its encouraging conflict between people. And it also doesn't feel like 'just shitposting'. it feels different, kinda more awkward tonally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juckter1 (Post 4490935)
this is a game

out of the 'lol first post' posts, this one is by far the worst.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4490936)
Worthless post, feels forced, ect ect ect

(i'm assuming this is a meme cause i've seen it alot)

Quote:

Originally Posted by juckter1 (Post 4490939)
Charu is a wolf

meh. Tonally so far, charu seemed the most town. Not a fan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4490941)
Don't make me love you

i like this reaction to the vote by charu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juckter1 (Post 4490949)
kay, this was a nice visit to the thread, see you all later


and then he just peace's out. >.< juckter1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 4490964)
Excuse me...

Are you... talking shit about my... hard claim?


this feels kinda towny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4490975)
tokzic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4490981)
I'm hoping this isn't a serious vote but I'm scared that it is

this is an interesting interaction. and then the following post is oddly funny

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4490982)
why so neutral

MML just flipped 3rd party right? if so this post is noted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4491021)
danceflashrevo

first vote on the flipped mafia. easy for a mafia to do early IME

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4491024)
MML sits alone at arbys
The flesh tastes of dust to him
The void beckons
The lights go off
The slaves go home
And yet MML sits

Alone

the poetry/arby shitposting/involment in the thread feels towny from xel tho

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4491031)
god this is going to be such horseshit

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4491032)
err i mean hi!

/cutevoice

while this entrance is obviously contrived, I like the tone in the first post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491125)
Low content first post.



Immediately questions town read, either because he's a wolf and knows tokzic is also a wolf, or some meta misdirection. AA is scum.

Gonna do poorly on my test, probably, but thought I'd chime in.

-o24 (or should I sign this as my character?????)

I kinda like o24 coming out of the gate with some interactions and reads. I feel like a new person to mafia wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves with such a controvercial read (at least not so early). town lean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491152)
ffr being slow and double posting also ruins a lot of the effect of this game

in any case, AA literally only made those 2 posts, and for some reason andy has decided that AA is worthy of a serious wolf read at this point in time.

You can say AA's post is one of the first semi-serious posts in the thread, but the unquestionable attempt at analysis in andy's first post addressing AA is pretty clear that it's not a joke post or anything, but that andy is attempting to say that "AA is scum"

furthermore, his base analysis:

a gross generalization of "wolves will question every read everyone makes", which is completely wrong

"AA would be trying to clear tokzic of suspicion" even after stating that he doesn't believe tokzic is a wolf, which completely nullifies that point

"It feels like a weird post from AA. He could have jumped in on the shit posts, but immediately picked that out." doesn't offer up any concrete reasoning other than a stretch longer than an unskippable final fantasy cutscene regarding what AA decided to address. As a player, wouldn't you gravitate towards posts that are more serious of nature, or those that showcase another player's opinion? shitposts aren't really good for analysis.

i'm noting this for much later in the game, if o24 doesn't die in the night (cause he essentially claimed a pr), but I think he's probably just town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491173)
Sorry AA didn't know how busy you were.

-o24

This is a bad reason to back off of pushing someone; wolves can be busy, so can villagers. But wolves are more likely to make excuses about how busy they are than actually posting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491178)
I don't think andy's scum from this. I'll let you finish your interaction though

oh god, i woulda voted dfr instantly for this post had i been in the game. jfc. But i think it spews andy very town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 4491440)
Alright AA, I'll make an Actual Post. There's a billion people in this game, so I guess I'll just start going off about whoever stands out:

YoshL is clearly going hard in the paint this game - I like it. His reads are both hot and good, and I find myself agreeing with most of them. I'm hesitant to give him too confident a townread, since YoshL trying hard as either alignment can look similar, but I feel a certain thirst in his scumhunting so far that makes me want to assume he's on my side.

AA said something of note: He questioned why MML was quick to townread me. I found myself nodding to this - I was kind of surprised at how many leans my shitposts resulted in, since I didn't really find them indicative of alignment. Or maybe they were? Is it possible to make towny shitposts? *considers deeply*

Besides YoshL and AA, so far I feel pretty good about Charu, andy, dfr, gold stinger. All giving me that towny vibe. In terms of scummy entrances, I didn't like the first post(s) of Zenith, XelNya, and maybe Freezin? Not sure about Freezin yet.

But my absolute top gutread this game is Storn. My gut is so confident that Storn is a wolf that I'm going to vote for Storn. BOOM. Just like that.

then we get to this post. I don't really have much of an opinion/don't need to really have an opinion on the AA/yoshl stuff cause loltheydead, but the place where he lists off some town reads(bold blue), and it includes dfr (a mafia) and gold stinger (which is weird to me, cause he was saying earlier in the post that he didn't know why he was getting villa reads for shitposting, and then villareads someone for shitposting? kinda contradictory) feels very much NOT TOWNY.

and then he proceeds to call out 3 people (just bold) with no reasoning other than 'eh i didn't like their entrances' (which seems even odder to me, cause xelnya's shitposting was higher quality/townier than goldstinger's imo)

And then we get to where he votes storn (flipped town) for 'gut read'. cool.


so, in summary, he town read a mafia for sketchy reasons, mafia read a confirmed town for sketchy reasons, and had a list of reads where he gave no reasoning or substantiation past 'good entrance' 'bad entrance' and 'gut reads'

10/10 would lynch again.

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 10:30 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
summary

scum: juckter, tokzic

very very light town: freeze

light town read: charu

strong town read: andy-o24

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 10:34 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4493636)
you should TOTALLY fucking shitpost with me.

dicks? ;)

Wineandbread 11-15-2016 10:36 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
btw I replaced juckter

Wineandbread 11-15-2016 10:36 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
freeze & charu are dead

Wineandbread 11-15-2016 10:37 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493579)
while i understand the curiousity, and it is an interesting role, I don't think it actually has an impact on us/the game anymore because he's already finished.

I don't think there's any info we can garner from it, so it seems kinda fruitless to to delve into it.

I was mostly curious about whether or not he guessed identities, or town/scum alignment. The latter would be useful in interpreting his posts. Now that I think about it though the latter is also too easy to satisfy as a win condition.

Wineandbread 11-15-2016 10:42 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I'm also pretty willing to believe Andy's claim now too. However I will be more convinced if/when Shado uses his knife. I'm curious what other items he has, but I don't think it's in his best interest to answer.

Pazzaz had a few looming suspicions, on top of the fact that he basically said he was VT after the swap. Would probably be better for wolves to hit people that they suspected had power roles, which Yoshl ended up having.

Wineandbread 11-15-2016 10:45 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Right now I think pressure on precarious/mellon would be best

If they're inactive though then \_(ツ)_/

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 10:47 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 4493665)
btw I replaced juckter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 4493666)
freeze & charu are dead

well lolme

tokzic

gold stinger 11-15-2016 11:06 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493664)
dicks? ;)

dicks out for storn


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution