Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152539)

the sun fan 11-22-2020 04:39 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulleabhara (Post 4749482)
Sleep, random internet garbage, and I have a very complicated, sometimes unhealthy relationship. But we'll work it out one day, I promise!

damn
whoever it is, if it doesn't work, after a certain point, don't try to make it work
just take signs for what they are

I don't know you and this was an offhanded comment and maybe my words are unwelcome but I feel like saying them

the sun fan 11-22-2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4749491)
LIAR

I really, really, really didn't like the white-text proposal
I would enjoy lynching trevor more than I would lynching funnygurl (this was before I had any opinion on trevor)

no lies here, you'll have to find those in my other posts
neener neener neener

the sun fan 11-22-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4749485)
ok i clicked on haku's objection link and holy fuck LMAO

I know, right?
I wasn't prepared for it to be high-quality

YoshL 11-22-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4749490)
first half samesies, I was gonna comment on it when I finished skimming everything (sorry I got distracted by Sven)

anything specific? because my gut is literally just a gut with no backing, probably the grin in t-force's signature or something so I doubt this is any sort of mindmeld

Xiz 11-22-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4749493)
I really, really, really didn't like the white-text proposal
I would enjoy lynching trevor more than I would lynching funnygurl (this was before I had any opinion on trevor)

no lies here, you'll have to find those in my other posts
neener neener neener

damn, jumped the gun too early.

I have no opinion on it tbh, felt like just screaming

the sun fan 11-22-2020 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4749495)
anything specific? because my gut is literally just a gut with no backing, probably the grin in t-force's signature or something so I doubt this is any sort of mindmeld

that's a pretty good reason to want to kill him

no, its like
his posts were so short when he was posting, it was like he didn't give a fuck, and he normally is at least happy to shitpost with his friends, especially when you can make a stupid phoenix wright .lol

Xiz 11-22-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4749498)
that's a pretty good reason to want to kill him

no, its like
his posts were so short when he was posting, it was like he didn't give a fuck, and he normally is at least happy to shitpost with his friends, especially when you can make a stupid phoenix wright .lol

if this is true, and tforce is a hit i dont think hes paired with funny then, otherwise if tforce was a wolf he would be more excited and do the shitposts

Xiz 11-22-2020 04:49 PM

**if tforce was a wolf with funny

Ulleabhara 11-22-2020 04:54 PM

Mechanical stuff – a lot of this is just me getting my head in the game, but if anyone has some strategic insights, please share!

Blues (random pick 2)
  • Phoenix: Seer
  • Maya: Guardian/Vigilante (1 action per Night) + Miller
  • Blue!Miles: Wizard + Ballot Stuffer? (We had this “plus-or-minus” vote role on the late home site but never came up with a good name for it)
  • Trucy: 1-Shot Sniper (Another one we struggled with, “Elite Bodyguard” and “Trapper” also floated around, but I much prefer “Sniper”)
  • Ema: Watcher/Tracker (Chooses pregame/N0)

Maya is potentially an OP combo, and I don’t think the Miller aspect does much to dampen it – unless, of course, Phoenix is in the game and we just pile on any red seering without thinking. This dictates that we should in fact not do that, especially with the possibility of Manfred in the game, which I will get to shortly.

Blue!Miles is a weird role, and I don’t think the vote-manipulation aspect of him is too useful. Sure, blocking a kill is a pretty strong “either-or” indication on your target’s alignment, but since you have to decide whether to plus or minus them at Night – that is, before you get your result and have any opportunity to sort them – I’d say it’s generally a bad idea to use it unless you have a strong opinion on your target beforehand.

Trucy has the potential to be a very effective “Sword of Damocles” against the wolf team going for a freshly-exposed Blue. With that in mind, if she exists, she should definitely wait for such an opportunity to arise to use her power.

I don’t see any reason for Ema not to choose Watcher. I hope she did if she’s in the game. It’s an easier guessing game and a greater potential reward. But if she chose Tracker, I guess we’ll have to deal.

Power Wolves (random pick 2)
  • Manfred: Night 0 Permanent Framer
  • Franziska: Revoker, Non-Consecutive Target (haven’t seen this particular modifier before)
  • Red!Miles: Restricted Phantom Giver/Gambler (Restricted meaning both actions must be on the same target)
    • Reward Sequence: MW status, 1-shot Revoke, 1-Shot Vigi
  • Matt: Master/Alpha, until kill invalidates (gotta say, I’m loving the creativity here)
  • Kristoph: 1-Shot Stealth Killer

The potential existence of Manfred alone is a big reason why we should let red seerings breathe, and give the accused a chance to claim before throwing down the hammer. Sure, there’s always a chance that they are a wolf and luck out on not getting counterclaimed, but honestly, I don’t think any Blue claim in this game is something that a wolf can ride on forever.

Franziska’s restriction is a pretty good bone to throw to us – it means that they can’t permanently shut down a particular role, and actually have to risk wolfing them/hitting protection

Red!Miles has the potential to be a real pain in the fluffball-tail if played well. For example, if Phoenix is rolled along with him and Matt, and he gets his way even once, Phoenix is rendered practically useless because 2/3rds of the wolf team are now undetectable to him. The upside is that they still don’t have specific counters to any other Blue, but that may well change with further successes. With this in play, Wovles might be emboldened to go hard on Miles’ chosen victim during the day, and attempt to force a split vote (or stall at one) if the split contains Miles’ quarry. We need to counter this by calling out any of this behavior, not tolerating last-minute distractions or dead air, and work hard to build consensus with others on the vote.

Now, to the actual game...

Ulleabhara 11-22-2020 04:55 PM

Aww shit, where'd the time go?

I gotta get off — be back around 11pm

Hakulyte 11-22-2020 04:57 PM

So, why are roles your priority ?

Hakulyte 11-22-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulleabhara (Post 4749502)
Aww shit, where'd the time go?

I gotta get off — be back around 11pm

EoD in 4 hours.

the sun fan 11-22-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4749504)

EoD in 4 hours.

holy fUCK

the sun fan 11-22-2020 05:06 PM

I thought it was tomorrow
yeah I'm not gonna make this one, forget it

Xiz 11-22-2020 05:06 PM

lol this is already going to be a shitshow

flashflash account 11-22-2020 05:09 PM

well if that post isn't just a major red flag, I don't know what is

I unironically think lynching in fg/tforce is a good idea
whoever we decide on lynching it's going to be a weak lynch though

Shadow_God_10 11-22-2020 05:11 PM

FG seems to at least be doing bare minimum here, as opposed to T-Force.

Xiz 11-22-2020 05:12 PM

for the record, i'm very 'eh' about killing between them

the sun fan 11-22-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4749508)
well if that post isn't just a major red flag, I don't know what is

Ull talking about roles?

mellon_collie 11-22-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4749505)
holy fUCK

oopie doopie I thought the same thing rofl

I guess I will stop quoting Tokzic's monologue and actually make posts