Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Audio and Music Production (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Recommend me some 2022 albums +1000th album halp (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=137263)

rayword45 02-28-2016 05:28 PM

Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 301: Spotify Session by Animal Collective

This sounds like it was a better show than the one I saw but live recordings aren't always my thing. Also the announcer sucks.

Best Track: The Purple Bottle
Rating: 7/10

MarioNintendo 02-28-2016 06:06 PM

Got two suggestions for you

We Like It Here, by Snarky Puppy
Sylva, by Snarky Puppy

rayword45 03-2-2016 10:11 PM

Day 302: Eraser Stargazer by Guerilla Toss

I raised my rating of Gomba Ward Reject Japan to a 10 because it's a quality album.

Another obscure release that nobody is interested in hearing my opinion of. I've been following this band for a decent few months, and it seems with every album they get poppier (structure wise, not melodically) and they get way spacier. And this time they added a lot of 80s tined funk. I wish I was talented. On both fronts, this is a continuation of the trend. Sometime I really like when they get poppy like in Eraser Stargazer Forever and Perfume, but then sometimes I harken back to the good old days of Gay Disco.

When the FUCK am I gonna see these guys live? Skipped or missed the opportunities three times, unacceptable. I can tell that this album is going to be a quick grower. It has everything I liked about Smack The Brick in an LP format. What is not to love?

Best Track: Doll Face On The Calico Highway
Rating: 7.5/10

rayword45 03-5-2016 09:09 AM

Re: Read My Fucking Reviews

I didn't know you could change the title of a thread what is this

dAnceguy117 03-5-2016 11:24 AM

eye-catching!

rayword45 03-5-2016 02:20 PM

Day 303: untitled unmastered. by Kendrick Lamar

Without even trying, King Kendrick drops one of the finest albums of 2016 thus far. This sounds like a direct extension of To Pimp A Butterfly, or even a collection of outtakes, but what a fine collection of outtakes. The instrumentals on this record are far more realized than those of TPAB, and concision results in a harder hit. I still prefer Section.80 and I wish he'd make another storytelling album but this is some good shit.

Keep the circlejerk going.

I pray Childish Gambino drops absolutely nothing this year.

Best Track: untitled 05 09.21.2014.
Rating: 9/10

Wayward Vagabond 03-5-2016 02:29 PM

that's exactly how I felt about Kendrick's new release

MooMoo_Cowfreak 03-5-2016 03:37 PM

untitled unmastered is godlike good review mate

j-rodd123 03-5-2016 05:31 PM

i still need to listen to kendrick's new album, anyone got a link? im really behind the times at finding new music sry

Wayward Vagabond 03-5-2016 05:34 PM

Spotify homie

j-rodd123 03-5-2016 05:40 PM

ok ill make an account, thank u!

wow that was easy. spotify GOAT, thanks man

rayword45 03-6-2016 12:09 AM

Re: Read My Reviews

Why did my title get censored wtf

ilikexd 03-6-2016 12:59 AM

review The Dukes of Stratosphear - 25 O'Clock (psych pop/rock)

rayword45 03-13-2016 09:26 PM

Day 304: Rhythms From A Cosmic Sky by Earthless

I'm gonna see these guys on Wednesday because I have no school Thursday and it's cheap.

I took some melatonin around 27 minutes into this bloated, jammy album and it immediately became much more grand and enjoyable and much less bloated and jammy. Is it the sleep hormones or the songs actually becoming better, the world may never know.

Best Track: Sonic Prayer
Rating: 6/10

rayword45 03-22-2016 08:49 AM

Day 305: Progression Towards Evil by Skinless (Album Choice: sonicman68)

This album is revolting and idiotic and the creators of it clearly know that, but I'm not sure if they realize they aren't funny. The vocals, for someone untrained in brutal death metal, sound like just about any other brutal death metal band. The riffs are pretty repetitive except for that surprisingly mathy and enjoyable first song. I've heard much better than this.

Where did they get those samples?

Best Track: Confines of Human Flesh
Rating: 4/10

rayword45 03-22-2016 09:26 AM

Day 306: Jerk Routine by Pile

Man I circlejerk around this band too much, but they get me through shit like no others.

The jump from this to Magic Isn't Real is both incredible and subtle. The pieces were clearly here, and at times they come together to make something special, like the incredible Haunt or Fidget. For the most part, however, this wavers between pretty average blues rock or shitty country-blues, the latter being something they practically completely dropped.

Not a bad sophomore effort but they improved exponentially from here.

Best Track: Haunt
Rating: 5.5/10

Deadlyx39 03-22-2016 11:53 AM

Killswitch Engage released a new album last week, sounds pretty good to me so far.

V-Ormix 03-22-2016 01:00 PM

Waddya think of dream theater's astonishing?

(It's rare I sit down to listen to music so I spend my time carefully, astonishing was the last thing in recent history that I listened to and no surprise to me was amazing.)

rayword45 03-28-2016 04:53 AM

Day 307: Incarnate by Killswitch Engage (Album Choice: Deadlyx39)

My school is run by fucking rape apologist assholes.

That was completely irrelevant. It's 5AM in the morning why am I listening to this? Because I wanna listen to some more 2016 shit.

I said I don't like metalcore too much but this was decent. The riffs and weird time signatures are both appreciated like a good cup of coffee. The vocals are sometimes out-of-place and kinda wimpy sounding but I can get past them. The song structures are too samey.

It's 5:45 A.M why did I wake up so early?

Best Track: Strength Of the Mind
Rating: 6/10

Deadlyx39 03-28-2016 07:41 AM

Understandable. Probably 2nd or 3rd best album by Killswitch Engage. Can't tell if it's better than Disarm the Descent or not, but still a solid album imo.