Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

Wineandbread 11-10-2016 11:09 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
*Queue entrance music*



I would just like to add way in advance that I do not expect to be very active. Poor sunsfan is lacking bodies to throw at Crimea in the war, so I am being drafted to fight for the cause.

I would LOVE if some nice blokes gave me a summary of the first 30 pages but seeing as how that probably won't happen, I'll read through as much as I can during lunch (ie. now)

Charu 11-10-2016 11:11 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Not at a computer atm (Wii-U Gamepad and relaxing in shower), but I wanted to touch on that freezin reads post.

I think it was a bunch of empty reads than actual reads. It's like if I promised to do the page by page thing, but don't provide any reasons for my reads per page.

danceflashrevo 11-10-2016 11:13 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Okay read the thread, not changed on freezin. I doubt I'll be very active rest of the day because I have lots of homework b/c I love school b/c optimism.

Charu 11-10-2016 11:13 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 4492159)
*Queue entrance music*



I would just like to add way in advance that I do not expect to be very active. Poor sunsfan is lacking bodies to throw at Crimea in the war, so I am being drafted to fight for the cause.

I would LOVE if some nice blokes gave me a summary of the first 30 pages but seeing as how that probably won't happen, I'll read through as much as I can during lunch (ie. now)

Just as long as you try to remember us is good for me, hee hee hee.

Also, yeah, go read ya nerd!!!

Charu 11-10-2016 11:14 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4492161)
Okay read the thread, not changed on freezin. I doubt I'll be very active rest of the day because I have lots of homework b/c I love school b/c optimism.

Active at EoD though?

Charu 11-10-2016 11:16 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Oh yeah, another thing.

I've read through what round has to say and... I have no idea why he's doing short, non-compliant posts while being really vauge.

It's really concerning

roundbox 11-10-2016 11:21 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Okay, time to state my case on Xelnya.

he's a wolf







Xelnya had a decently long shitposting phase, but his shift to game playing was very minimal at the start. I know for a fact Xelnya's wolf game has improved, but I feel like he's slipping a bit. One of these tell take signs of his wolfiness is reactions to a case. I'm not sure how I feel about AA and V jumping on so fast, as I was being a literal idiot in regards to presenting his case. The fun part is my case is actually a serious one. When I initially presented it, he was very angry and heated about being a "mislynch." Last game and some previous instances of his wolfing, he followed a similar pattern. I would like to see this out. I have some other potential candidates in mind, but this one stood out the most.

Precarious 11-10-2016 11:28 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I'll be at work and then restaurant trivia with friends until pretty late tonight, but I'll be back before the day ends. Not sure how much I can contribute today; the reason I signed in to replace rather than start was because I knew this week would be busy for me. I thought there were supposed to be two people ahead of me on the replacements list, but whatever. I'll get caught up going forward, but my contributions might be limited today.

Here are some quick observations from the first few pages before I go.

***
***

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4490938)
Yeah policy lynching in general is pretty loltier but then again have you seen the output Haku has given us this game? I mean YoshL can defiantly make a case

This is the first thing that jumped out at me. It criticizes a policy lynch vote (that was probably made as a joke anyway), then tries to actually justify it.

***

[quote=juckter1;4490939]Charu is a wolf[/QUOTE

Charu made a throwaway "worthless post" type comment to juckter after juckter's opening shitpost, which elicited this. Seems a little overly defensive.

***

Tokzic's Marth claim when there's no Marth in the list is weird. I haven't played any games with him previously, so I don't know if he tends to do this kind of stuff (although it sounds like he might), but it still feels a little off to me.

danceflashrevo 11-10-2016 11:35 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4492163)
Active at EoD though?

I'm hoping. Probably like 90% chance I will be. This essay is writing itself aorn ;)

danceflashrevo 11-10-2016 11:37 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
@precarious you might wanna unvote just in case sunfan reads through quickly if you don't want your vote on charu

YoshL 11-10-2016 11:41 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4492172)
@precarious you might wanna unvote just in case sunfan reads through quickly if you don't want your vote on charu

posts like this keep me waffling all over dfr, because i can't quite call out the reasoning behind why you'd be worried about something like having an accidental vote on a player who no-one is pushing

Charu 11-10-2016 11:45 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
It's because I'm wolf partners with him, duuuuuh

danceflashrevo 11-10-2016 11:48 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4492173)
posts like this keep me waffling all over dfr, because i can't quite call out the reasoning behind why you'd be worried about something like having an accidental vote on a player who no-one is pushing

You never know~

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 11:53 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
@roundbox the reason I'm ok with Xel lynch atm is because I think his reaction to stupid cases against him is stronger and more pProlonged as town, here it's more of a one off reaction

I'm also not seeing any scum hunting from him, he's thrown out a few reads but hasn't pushed anyone iirc

Wineandbread 11-10-2016 12:26 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
From purely pages 1-20, Xel is my top scum

Mostly cause he's not inactive, but doing weird gimmick posting that isn't really helpful and ignoring most of the actual discussion.
Also cause Arby's sucks. Yeah. I went there. (actually their fries are pretty decent, one of the few places that offers curly fries)

Regarding other active members, yoshl and dfr are alright in my book. DFR seems genuinely frustrated at yoshl for calling out a new player. I don't think I've played a game with Yoshl yet but his initial calling out of andy looks fine to me. The rest of the discussion seems quite aggressive since he can't seem to get mml/dfr to align with his thought process, but not in a bad way.
I think MML and AA are okay, I'll go back later for a closer look.
Charu seems a bit more aloof than usual. Is it just me? I'm not really sure what to make of it.

Rest of y'all, well, penis. Not enough thoughts to spare on you guys.

I'll read the rest when I get home

TWG Ike 11-10-2016 12:32 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
storn (1)- Tokzic
mml (1)- Charu
charu (2)- juckter, Precarious
round (1)- Lar
xel (2)- roundbox, V
zenith (1)- Xel
freezin (4)- gold stinger, storn, yoshl, AA
haku (1)- haku
unvote (2)- freezin, shado

please let me know if this is not correct

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 12:47 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
hey haku are you going to make a push on someone?

andy-o24 11-10-2016 01:31 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Ike (Post 4492181)
storn (1)- Tokzic
mml (1)- Charu
charu (2)- juckter, Precarious
round (1)- Lar
xel (2)- roundbox, V
zenith (1)- Xel
freezin (4)- gold stinger, storn, yoshl, AA
haku (1)- haku
unvote (2)- freezin, shado

please let me know if this is not correct

Does wineandbread inherit juckter's vote on Charu since he replaced him?

-o24

XelNya 11-10-2016 01:40 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492168)
Okay, time to state my case on Xelnya.

he's a wolf







Xelnya had a decently long shitposting phase, but his shift to game playing was very minimal at the start. I know for a fact Xelnya's wolf game has improved, but I feel like he's slipping a bit. One of these tell take signs of his wolfiness is reactions to a case. I'm not sure how I feel about AA and V jumping on so fast, as I was being a literal idiot in regards to presenting his case. The fun part is my case is actually a serious one. When I initially presented it, he was very angry and heated about being a "mislynch." Last game and some previous instances of his wolfing, he followed a similar pattern. I would like to see this out. I have some other potential candidates in mind, but this one stood out the most.

Obviously I was angry right guys?

Right guys?

I spent the first section of the game doing nothing but shit posting and get really mad when people think I'm scummy for it

it's the only response obviously.

OH HEY GUAIZ HE'S DOING THE PIKACHU THING AGAIN

well, maybe that's not true because the pikachu thing was done in an anon game where no one knew who was who.

Oh but hey he stood out the most

must have been that good ol' shit posting and you're actually just trying to push me to take the game seriously in thread aren't you

you don't think i'm scummy af do you

because what idiot kind of a scum role would intentionally shit post that hard except xiz

well except that xel guy
he did it before he did

PS: if the above doesn't make sense to you: you are having the correct reaction.

XelNya 11-10-2016 01:41 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Though, one line of that post is true I think.

storn42 11-10-2016 01:48 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4492191)
Though, one line of that post is true I think.

is it the wolf one?

Hakulyte 11-10-2016 02:01 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I think Xel's state of mind is due to his previous games with me so, I don't feel like voting him yet. Null
Roundbox has a point, but he's still Null to me so, I won't vote him and I won't vote "for" him either.
Roundbox and Xel don't feel like they would be in the same faction. (if in different faction than town)

I'm trying to convince myself that FreezinIce wanted to project wolf as town this game on purpose in order to attract wolves and possibly get somewhere. There's also the possibility of a wolf pretending to look wolfy, but isn't that a little suicidal for D0? I mean, if you really rolled wolf, you're definitely on the path of self-destruction. #wifom Null.

AA has great effort in this game and I'm kind of confused as to why you left FreezinIce alone after telling him how wolfy he was.
@
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491859)
ok

you're wolfy as fuck, let's take a look at what you've done this game

post 134: shitpost/expressing dislike towards the game

135/141/183: shitpost

184: mostly shitpost, maybe a tiny bit of sympathy for andy

221: votes andy

221: justifies vote saying sick of dumbtells, but then admits they may have read it wrong, yet leaves the vote

226: sides with andy by saying choreographed play is unlikely, should contribute to thinking andy is more town, but the vote still stays

388: shitpost

489: comes back conveniently after being pressured, votes me, wouldn't be a stretch to call it omgus

491: shitpost

504: expresses complete disinterest in solving d0, from what I saw in the last real game freezin played as town this is not the same mindset, he was willing to go in and fight people and dig. wants other people to do work for him by saying he'll return at eod and make a choice with information available, notably information that won't be generated by him

vote stays


I'm going to assume it's because you think this is a TvT. If you really think this is a TvT, you should be concerned about the FreezinIce wagon atm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492136)
have another exam in 40 min but here's where I'm at atm

1) AragakiAyase
2) storn42 - town lean, storn pushing on me is usually a sign he's town and he actually addressed his unvote (thought he wasn't going to, would've been a red flag) and made another push onto freezin that seems reasonable
3) Yoshl - town lean, aggression seems pretty standard, from what I've seen of his wolf game he struggles more to create coherent arguments and I haven't had problems with what he's said so far
4) juckter1 wineandbread - lol
5) roundbox - null, maybe slight town lean, his alignment feels heavily linked to xel atm
6) MixMasterLar - town lean, posts are ok for now and he did his town tell
7) XelNya - ??? no idea, he had one angry post when roundbox scumread him but eh
8) psychoangel691 Precarious - lol. also noteworthy is that wolf precarious loves mechanics even more than normal, I guess we'll see if that comes out
9) Vendetta21 - idk how to read this guy tbh
10) R.E. Aryxi Hakulyte - null
11) FreezinIce - null, read could go either way, need to look more closely at big post
12) ShadoWolfe - null
13) Pazzaz - lmao
14) Charu - no bad vibes, maybe the slightest of town leans
15) Andy-o24 - town lean, push on me seems rather risky for scum
16) gold stinger - town lean because dicks of all things (yes I'm serious)
17) botchi246 - lol
18) danceflashrevo - null, his tone is *very* weird, but he doesn't feel too off his game. he does feel less inquisitive than usual but I think I have an idea of what's going on with dfr so I'd rather not touch today
19) _Zenith_ - null, he's been very lame this game but he did this last game as town, not going to give a pass for bad behavior though
20) Tokzic - *slight* town lean, I thought his push onto storn and a few of his posts were solid, since then he's poofed

wow that's a lot of nulls and not very many scum leans


That's fairly genuine to me in terms of where I am as well except that I still have Storn/GS/MML as Null. (note that I don't know gold stinger's meta at all and never played with him before)

I'd prefer to vote an active player if possible due to information accessibility. @ if you kill someone with 0-5 posts blindly and he/she flips town, there's no much to do about it.
(if there's reasons to believe the 0-5 poster really is wolf, go for it, but I'm a little upset about considering inactives D0 in a 20 players game.)
It makes more sense to me to lynch the active player who is the most wolfy, but also have a lot of potential for making the next day easier in terms of information.

@ Xel recent post; that's still wifom at best, but I get where you're going.

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:10 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
my vote is on freezinice, I don't think it's a TvT in andy/freezin

I don't see why anyone would want to project wolf lmao

and I backed off initially because I tend to tunnel in too strongly, especially on d0, but his recent big post was bad. if you read my post where I backed off I explain all this, as well as how I thought him being aware of how he was mislynched last game might be a towntell, although I'm less sure of that now

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:11 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
haku is coming off as extremely neutral in post 742, it also feels like he didn't really read my posts when he talked about what I've said/done

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:13 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492195)
I think Xel's state of mind is due to his previous games with me so, I don't feel like voting him yet. Null
Roundbox has a point, but he's still Null to me so, I won't vote him and I won't vote "for" him either.
Roundbox and Xel don't feel like they would be in the same faction. (if in different faction than town)

I'm trying to convince myself that FreezinIce wanted to project wolf as town this game on purpose in order to attract wolves and possibly get somewhere. There's also the possibility of a wolf pretending to look wolfy, but isn't that a little suicidal for D0? I mean, if you really rolled wolf, you're definitely on the path of self-destruction. #wifom Null.

AA has great effort in this game and I'm kind of confused as to why you left FreezinIce alone after telling him how wolfy he was.
@
I'm going to assume it's because you think this is a TvT. If you really think this is a TvT, you should be concerned about the FreezinIce wagon atm.


That's fairly genuine to me in terms of where I am as well except that I still have Storn/GS/MML as Null. (note that I don't know gold stinger's meta at all and never played with him before)

I'd prefer to vote an active player if possible due to information accessibility. @ if you kill someone with 0-5 posts blindly and he/she flips town, there's no much to do about it.
(if there's reasons to believe the 0-5 poster really is wolf, go for it, but I'm a little upset about considering inactives D0 in a 20 players game.)
It makes more sense to me to lynch the active player who is the most wolfy, but also have a lot of potential for making the next day easier in terms of information.

@ Xel recent post; that's still wifom at best, but I get where you're going.

bold line just feels really weird

also seems to have somehow missed that I've voted freezinice

he then gives thoughts on the type of player he wants to lynch, but doesn't put forward any possible candidates

_Zenith_ 11-10-2016 02:15 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492155)
Zenith idgaf if you don't like the game just play already, your attitude is garbage

Okay.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

_Zenith_ 11-10-2016 02:15 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I just don't care

_Zenith_ 11-10-2016 02:15 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Keep bitching about it though.

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:17 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4492203)
Keep bitching about it though.

I will because you signing up and then acting like this is incredibly childish

this happened last game and it's happening again where you just express disgust at the game and then don't do anything, it's a terrible attitude and stop playing if you're going to be this way

Charu 11-10-2016 02:17 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492198)
haku is coming off as extremely neutral in post 742, it also feels like he didn't really read my posts when he talked about what I've said/done

Remember who you're dealing with tho

Charu 11-10-2016 02:17 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Also, I think I caught YoshL's "Don't feel like doing anything" bug.

I'll get motivated though, maybe, perhaps

_Zenith_ 11-10-2016 02:19 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492205)
I will because you signing up and then acting like this is incredibly childish

this happened last game and it's happening again where you just express disgust at the game and then don't do anything, it's a terrible attitude and stop playing if you're going to be this way

O.K. Dad

It's pathetic you are doing this right now Ethan. I'm positive your effort is wasted continuously bitching at my attitude in this and now the last game; deal with it. You're putting work in the game, keep doing so. Enough wasting your breath trying to get me to change as I'm going to do it on my own accord. You can fuck straight the fuck out if you don't like it.

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:20 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492195)

I'm trying to convince myself that FreezinIce wanted to project wolf as town this game on purpose in order to attract wolves and possibly get somewhere. There's also the possibility of a wolf pretending to look wolfy, but isn't that a little suicidal for D0? I mean, if you really rolled wolf, you're definitely on the path of self-destruction. #wifom Null.

this also just makes no sense to me

why even bother thinking about if freezinice is a town trying to play wolfy?

1. that doesn't make sense
2. it doesn't make sense to think about this from a town perspective, because what you'd normally do is see that: freezinice is playing scummy. there's a chance he's town, I could see why a town might do these specific things.

instead he's talking about freezin's overall play and looking for a way to justify a townread onto it which seems weird, it's like he's trying to force the read rather than read it organically.

basically what I'm getting at is why not just say freezin is scummy? why try to look for the weird possibility that it's a town trying to play wolfy? and after all that, you take a null stance?

if freezin flips red I'd lynch haku next

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:21 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4492209)
O.K. Dad

It's pathetic you are doing this right now Ethan. I'm positive your effort is wasted continuously bitching at my attitude in this and now the last game; deal with it. You're putting work in the game, keep doing so. Enough wasting your breath trying to get me to change as I'm going to do it on my own accord. You can fuck straight the fuck out if you don't like it.

you're going to change it? ok

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:23 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
part of me putting in work includes me pushing those who haven't done work this game and you're one of them imo

if I think the lack of putting in work is alignment indicative then that's one thing, but you're completely null here and your lack of willingness to do anything just detracts from the game

that's all I have to say on that, moving on

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:26 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
charu your vote is still on MML, is he one of your candidates/who are your candidates for today

Charu 11-10-2016 02:26 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I don't get Zenith's anger

Hakulyte 11-10-2016 02:27 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492210)
this also just makes no sense to me

why even bother thinking about if freezinice is a town trying to play wolfy?

1. that doesn't make sense
2. it doesn't make sense to think about this from a town perspective, because what you'd normally do is see that: freezinice is playing scummy. there's a chance he's town, I could see why a town might do these specific things.

instead he's talking about freezin's overall play and looking for a way to justify a townread onto it which seems weird, it's like he's trying to force the read rather than read it organically.

basically what I'm getting at is why not just say freezin is scummy? why try to look for the weird possibility that it's a town trying to play wolfy? and after all that, you take a null stance?

if freezin flips red I'd lynch haku next

I'm trying to reevaluate his play. I want to believe he's posting all of this for a reason. If he don't, I'll encourage the lynch.

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:29 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492217)
I'm trying to reevaluate his play. I want to believe he's posting all of this for a reason. If he don't, I'll encourage the lynch.

ok

do you have any scumreads/townreads? your post didn't provide anything, although it implied that you like what I'm doing this game

Charu 11-10-2016 02:29 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492215)
charu your vote is still on MML, is he one of your candidates/who are your candidates for today

I don't like how pushy he's been, but him being one of those early birds calling out Freezin's post makes me reconsider.

If I had to guess who's a wolf at the moment from just pure looking at how the game's been going right now.

Probably storn to be honest. He's been quiet, pipes up in the most controversial times at the moment. Also, this post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4492134)
so, a few things here. first: your information on me is wrong. not once have i ever scum read DFR this game, nor did i ever say that i had a top scum. But you woof read me, which is fine. I'll agree with you on that. My play has been shit.

I don't like it at all

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:33 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4492219)
I don't like how pushy he's been, but him being one of those early birds calling out Freezin's post makes me reconsider.

If I had to guess who's a wolf at the moment from just pure looking at how the game's been going right now.

Probably storn to be honest. He's been quiet, pipes up in the most controversial times at the moment. Also, this post.



I don't like it at all

why don't you like it? it came off to me as very reasonable, a rebuttal of freezin's analysis of him and then admits he's been playing bad

Charu 11-10-2016 02:37 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
That's the thing, that he's okay with being read wolf

I hate that line so much. It's like... well then... if you don't care if you're being read wolf, then what's the point of you being in here? You'll just be cannon fodder for the wolves to use later, as has been proven from time and time again with storn.

Don't say it isn't true either. You know it's true, AA. You've done it before

Charu 11-10-2016 02:38 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Was it you that got storn lynched in that one game where he was trying to lazily defend himself while going "I completely agree with you."

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:49 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4492225)
Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Was it you that got storn lynched in that one game where he was trying to lazily defend himself while going "I completely agree with you."

I have no idea
To me accepting a scumread that you deserve isn't really a wolf tell, I know if I've been playing like shit and someone scumreads me for it then I take it cause I deserve it, it's just usually I don't think I play like shit

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:50 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I think a few isolated scumreads are ok to be ok with, as opposed to serious pressure mounting to a potential lynch. Storn has the former here

storn42 11-10-2016 02:57 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4492224)
That's the thing, that he's okay with being read wolf

I hate that line so much. It's like... well then... if you don't care if you're being read wolf, then what's the point of you being in here? You'll just be cannon fodder for the wolves to use later, as has been proven from time and time again with storn.

Don't say it isn't true either. You know it's true, AA. You've done it before

charu. Its not new that im okay with being woof read. like, its something i've said before as town (and probably as a woof too). The thing is, if someone reads me as a woof, thats normal. i get woof read a lot (especially by players who dont know my meta) and especially in a D0 situation where i've not had the greatest of starts. I know i was playing bad, and its my job to show people that im town by either defending myself or through further town actions.

and you're right. there was that game (one of my earliest ones) where i had accepted the fact that i was going to die and didn't defend myself. At the time there was no way i could have produced a successful defense so instead i went the more productive road and tried to help town all i could before i was lynched, and people saw me as more towny for it, and town realized just how stupid of a lynch it was the next day.

storn42 11-10-2016 02:58 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492228)
I think a few isolated scumreads are ok to be ok with, as opposed to serious pressure mounting to a potential lynch. Storn has the former here

pretty much says it all.

TWG Ike 11-10-2016 03:03 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492188)
Does wineandbread inherit juckter's vote on Charu since he replaced him?

-o24

he does, thanks for pointing this out
replacements always inherit the vote of the person they are replacing, assuming that the replaced person has cast a vote that day phase

if no vote has been cast, this is inherited as well

storn42 11-10-2016 03:08 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
you ready for some serious hardcore tinfoil:

whenever charu rolls woof and i roll town, he always seems to mindmeld with me. therefore charu is town.

now some tinfoil for the tinfoil:

charu knows this and therefore is going to be strictly against me to make me think he's town!

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 03:12 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
On phone so no quotes but....

Storm I dyslexia'd dbp as dfr. Sue me nerd.

One of Yoshls first posts was calling out AAs content, so nice selective memory.

Don't have time to reread all the other shit people have been flinging at me but like I already explained, i cut my reads list short mostly because I stopped caring enough to effort, and I guess that was for the best cause I still got pickled apart for it lol. The makings for a full post were there: introduction, chapter markers so you could ctrl + f through it, and chapter headings for the intro at least, if you cant accept my explanation then there's literally nothing else I can say and I won't waste my breath.

XelNya 11-10-2016 03:15 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492195)
@ Xel recent post; that's still wifom at best, but I get where you're going.

I think you missed the point

XelNya 11-10-2016 03:16 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4492235)
you ready for some serious hardcore tinfoil:

whenever charu rolls woof and i roll town, he always seems to mindmeld with me. therefore charu is town.

now some tinfoil for the tinfoil:

charu knows this and therefore is going to be strictly against me to make me think he's town!

I needed a dose of cringe today, but you rolled wolf didn't you?

storn42 11-10-2016 03:19 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4492236)
Storm I dyslexia'd dbp as dfr. Sue me nerd.

Please kindly point to which one of these is dbp.

1) AragakiAyase
2) storn42
3) Yoshl
4) juckter1 wineandbread
5) roundbox
6) MixMasterLar
7) XelNya
8) psychoangel691 Precarious
9) Vendetta21
10) R.E. Aryxi Hakulyte
11) FreezinIce
12) ShadoWolfe
13) Pazzaz
14) Charu
15) Andy-o24
16) gold stinger
17) botchi246
18) danceflashrevo
19) _Zenith_
20) Tokzic

storn42 11-10-2016 03:20 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
i then realized you probably meant me typing dbp and not you typing dfr.

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 03:20 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4491257)
dbp. because thats the quality of read i can give right now. and yes the analogy does work.

Just shut up already

Hakulyte 11-10-2016 03:37 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4492237)
I think you missed the point

I'm pretty sure I did.
I'm refering to you moving from Arbys quotes to not having Arbys quotes anymore.
I'm curious about the change of playstyle, but that's not necessary alignment indicative at all.

Hakulyte 11-10-2016 03:58 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4492236)
On phone so no quotes but....

Storm I dyslexia'd dbp as dfr. Sue me nerd.

One of Yoshls first posts was calling out AAs content, so nice selective memory.

Don't have time to reread all the other shit people have been flinging at me but like I already explained, i cut my reads list short mostly because I stopped caring enough to effort, and I guess that was for the best cause I still got pickled apart for it lol. The makings for a full post were there: introduction, chapter markers so you could ctrl + f through it, and chapter headings for the intro at least, if you cant accept my explanation then there's literally nothing else I can say and I won't waste my breath.

The problem is that, in the end, reads + reasons are all that matters no matter how great your presentation looks like.
If your post looks really cute, but there's no content or raw commentary in it, it makes us believe that you cared more about the presentation than solving the game.
A genuine read list would look like a quick draft with key elements about players.

If you're talking about "stopping caring about your posts", you should have dropped the presentation quality over the content.

YoshL 11-10-2016 04:03 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4492236)
One of Yoshls first posts was calling out AAs content, so nice selective memory.

If you're talking about the first post I mention AA, it's where i say andy's jump onto AA feels choreographed, i've never really addressed AA's content at all.

Nice reading comprehension - please make sure that when you're attempting to sling insults at others that you aren't under a pile of horseshit yourself tyvm

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 04:04 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4492236)
On phone so no quotes but....

Storm I dyslexia'd dbp as dfr. Sue me nerd.

One of Yoshls first posts was calling out AAs content, so nice selective memory.

Don't have time to reread all the other shit people have been flinging at me but like I already explained, i cut my reads list short mostly because I stopped caring enough to effort, and I guess that was for the best cause I still got pickled apart for it lol. The makings for a full post were there: introduction, chapter markers so you could ctrl + f through it, and chapter headings for the intro at least, if you cant accept my explanation then there's literally nothing else I can say and I won't waste my breath.

But why do you care so much about how your post looks? You should care about if your post gets the point across and if other people believe you, not that it looks pretty and is easy to scan through
Readability is nice but it's much better to throw all your thoughts out there and then condense them as needed

You've said a lot about wolf mindsets and I agree with most of the points, but you didn't actually apply them at all to your reads. Even a few instances of that would have bolstered your post credibility enormously, but as pointed out your reads are basically all surface level and commentary

One of the best ways to read people is if you can get into their mindset and understand where they're coming from. You seem to understand that based on how you've listed wolfy mindsets, but then completely disregard it in your investigation

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 04:12 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
also another thing that sticks out to me:

people don't like your post (freezin), ok

so why not try to make people townread you by giving actual concrete reads that go a bit further beyond surface level? instead you're already adopting a defeatist attitude

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 04:14 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
also the fact that so far you still seem set on an inactive rather than pushing a scumread/lean is not a good look

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 04:17 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
worth noting that pazzaz has now checked in 2-3 times and has not posted at all still, I think that's rather telling

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 04:17 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492246)
The problem is that, in the end, reads + reasons are all that matters no matter how great your presentation looks like.
If your post looks really cute, but there's no content or raw commentary in it, it makes us believe that you cared more about the presentation than solving the game.
A genuine read list would look like a quick draft with key elements about players.

If you're talking about "stopping caring about your posts", you should have dropped the presentation quality over the content.

mindmeld/ninja

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 04:19 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I still think freezinice feels markedly more snarky/angry than I saw in his town game, in his wolf game he had little to no pressure so there's not really a comparison to be made there, but it's something worth noting in addition to everything else

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 04:19 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
also charu how do you have more posts than me? you feel like you have very little presence

Wineandbread 11-10-2016 04:28 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Ike (Post 4492233)
he does, thanks for pointing this out
replacements always inherit the vote of the person they are replacing, assuming that the replaced person has cast a vote that day phase

if no vote has been cast, this is inherited as well

In that case unvote

Hakulyte 11-10-2016 04:29 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I consider that my own EoD is in 2 hours because after that I'm going to be on the road.

I plan to vote FreezinIce if nothing changes, but I'm going to wait a little more.

MixMasterLar 11-10-2016 04:39 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4492138)
i didnt reread yet, so i missed some days of posts.

skimming, super surprised that freezins analysis of me completely ignores the fact that my activity has plummeted to near non existence after the initial outburst of shit at the beginning of the game, and that ive left a vote on haku and done nothing else recently

@V the problem with what youve said about AA is that for him, investment level is never indicative of his alignment

Damn, that post when you realize you agree with YoshL
Well I still have AA in the town pile, but yeah most of this and the followup post are spot on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492139)
wait don't you have scumreads in that big post? why don't you pressure them?

I'm embarrassed because I should have been the one to use that point, instead of trying to explain why not to lynch actives for like the third time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492157)
+1 It's actually quite easy. See my posts.


Also +1

Zenith should get over himself and contribute. I don't care if he's wolf or town, his attitude is garbage and I'd rather see him provide bad analysis than essentially "I hate the people who play this game, so I'm gonna be inactive"

AA you're cleared from my initial scum read. Your posts seem genuinely intent on solving the game, and none have stuck out to me as weird like the initial one I mentioned.

YoshL I still read town, Xel is still kinda scummy but I'll put him on null, MML is playing like MML plays from what I've seen. I misread him in a turbo game, so my input on him is useless.

Inactives are inactives, and I think it would be wolfy attitude to try and convince the town to shoot in the dark at them especially since the wolves know they are town. I'd much rather lynch on some information than no information.

I can get behind the freezin lynch because of that, though I do thank him for postulating wolf strategies. I'll hold off on my vote for now, but he's top spot for me.

The rest I'm too lazy on right now and have class in an hour. Maybe after class I'll give some more feelings.

-o24

Even the new guy is harsh on my play damn. But that's ok Andy because Imma call you out

Where's your original take on these events? Why do I get the sense that your post is merely a Best-of collection?

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492168)
Okay, time to state my case on Xelnya.

he's a wolf







Xelnya had a decently long shitposting phase, but his shift to game playing was very minimal at the start. I know for a fact Xelnya's wolf game has improved, but I feel like he's slipping a bit. One of these tell take signs of his wolfiness is reactions to a case. I'm not sure how I feel about AA and V jumping on so fast, as I was being a literal idiot in regards to presenting his case. The fun part is my case is actually a serious one. When I initially presented it, he was very angry and heated about being a "mislynch." Last game and some previous instances of his wolfing, he followed a similar pattern. I would like to see this out. I have some other potential candidates in mind, but this one stood out the most.

First spoiler triggered me

I am not on the Lynch Xel train but feh, unvote . Try and make tgese kinds of post before you vote next time please.

[quote=Precarious;4492169]I'll be at work and then restaurant trivia with friends until pretty late tonight, but I'll be back before the day ends. Not sure how much I can contribute today; the reason I signed in to replace rather than start was because I knew this week would be busy for me. I thought there were supposed to be two people ahead of me on the replacements list, but whatever. I'll get caught up going forward, but my contributions might be limited today.

Here are some quick observations from the first few pages before I go.

***
***



This is the first thing that jumped out at me. It criticizes a policy lynch vote (that was probably made as a joke anyway), then tries to actually justify it.

***

Quote:

Originally Posted by juckter1 (Post 4490939)
Charu is a wolf[/QUOTE

Charu made a throwaway "worthless post" type comment to juckter after juckter's opening shitpost, which elicited this. Seems a little overly defensive.

***

Tokzic's Marth claim when there's no Marth in the list is weird. I haven't played any games with him previously, so I don't know if he tends to do this kind of stuff (although it sounds like he might), but it still feels a little off to me.

Regarding my dig at Haku:

Haku was not in the game at that time and the joke is that I made an earlier post where I thought he was+lurking

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492205)
I will because you signing up and then acting like this is incredibly childish

this happened last game and it's happening again where you just express disgust at the game and then don't do anything, it's a terrible attitude and stop playing if you're going to be this way

I mean he could be wolf but

I think he would be more active and agressive as a wolf then he is now. That's strictly a meta read, but it's strong enough for me to play him slight town.

GGarbage town, but still town.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492217)
I'm trying to reevaluate his play. I want to believe he's posting all of this for a reason. If he don't, I'll encourage the lynch.

Between this and Haku's other post I think I see his scumtell, guys
But after Turbo VII I expect Haku to drastically change meta so I don't know of I want to vote for him
Haku, do be a pal and continue the hard work, eh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4492247)
If you're talking about the first post I mention AA, it's where i say andy's jump onto AA feels choreographed, i've never really addressed AA's content at all.

Nice reading comprehension - please make sure that when you're attempting to sling insults at others that you aren't under a pile of horseshit yourself tyvm

Fucking brutal.

I'm ok with YoshL
I don't really like Charu's reentrance, he parrots the sentiments regarding Freezin's post abd everything else is lackluster.
I don't see any DFR post that make me feel better about him
WIB and Pre need to catch up in thread I think.
Already addressed Haku
I...don't know Storn's meta that well. He was a wolf in Boats and it seems like he's posting similar, but I dont know his town game.

I would probably support a Freezin lynch, but welcome Freezin to make another post and show me he's trying.

I would still support a DFR lynch, but again, I welcome him to try and change my mind.

Xel kind of needs to go ahead abd start scum hunting now.

not 100% sure on Haku and Storn. If no one else sees anything on Haku's post I'm cool with letting him live til tomorrow.

Absolutely will not lynch AA, Paz (altho he is acting lile cancer) or Zenith (...also acting like cancer)

I'm ok with V atm

Sorry i'm rambling lol

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 04:43 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
The only thing that concerns me about freezing is the lack of anyone against his lynch

MixMasterLar 11-10-2016 04:45 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
My big post is formatted like ass and I am truly sorry lol.

Hope that's readable

MixMasterLar 11-10-2016 04:48 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492271)
The only thing that concerns me about freezing is the lack of anyone against his lynch

Hn. I get your point


Possible he *is* the active wolf? Can't be because he wants to roulette kill by lynching inactives.

Possible 3rd party with no allies and can't get into the town mindset? Perhaps.

IDK I still think it's a solid lynch

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 04:49 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4492247)
If you're talking about the first post I mention AA, it's where i say andy's jump onto AA feels choreographed, i've never really addressed AA's content at all.

Nice reading comprehension - please make sure that when you're attempting to sling insults at others that you aren't under a pile of horseshit yourself tyvm

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491169)
i'm thoroughly disappointed in AA's contribution though tbh

Just shut up already

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 04:53 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
And I hear what your saying and agree with it AA, but I cannot do what your asking me to at the moment. I get about a 15 min window before eod to post coming up and I'm on my phone to boot. And I was worried about the appearance of my post because I promised content earlier and felt pressured to deliver, which I guess I failed at.

YoshL 11-10-2016 04:55 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4492236)
One of Yoshls first posts was calling out AAs content, so nice selective memory.

You do realize when you're referring to "one of yoshl's first posts" quoting something that occured in the back half of my interractions with andy is not one of my first posts, ***lord

MixMasterLar 11-10-2016 04:57 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Freezin

If you had to vote right this second who would it be for?

Charu 11-10-2016 05:01 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492259)
also charu how do you have more posts than me? you feel like you have very little presence

Could be I had a strong presence with minimal content in the beginning.

I'm beginning to stagnate though because lol, I really just don't feel it this game, despite it just being D0.

storn42 11-10-2016 05:02 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492268)
I...don't know Storn's meta that well. He was a wolf in Boats and it seems like he's posting similar, but I dont know his town game.

the thing that you need to remember about boats is that there were multiple woof teams, so its a lot easier to come off as town. As a woof i tend to be pretty cool, and my downfall usually comes with mechanical play. Since i was already scum hunting anyways, it was a lot easier to be presented as town.

Charu 11-10-2016 05:03 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Also, no one is against the freezin' lynch because it actually makes perfect sense on why people should vote.

Who's going to defend someone that said "I'mm-a post a mega post with reads" and then post reads with no substance in them?

Tell me who, AA, I'm rather curious.

Charu 11-10-2016 05:03 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4492284)
the thing that you need to remember about boats is that there were multiple woof teams, so its a lot easier to come off as town. As a woof i tend to be pretty cool, and my downfall usually comes with mechanical play. Since i was already scum hunting anyways, it was a lot easier to be presented as town.

...What...?

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 05:05 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492282)
Freezin

If you had to vote right this second who would it be for?

I don't know who haa the most votes atm but i think it's xelnya, so I'd vote him to save myself


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution