Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Someone's cry for help (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153223)

MarcusHawkins 06-26-2021 01:48 PM

Someone's cry for help

Hello people of the FFR community,

I wanted to make this thread to help spread some awareness and hope he can get some help.

Kagamine Len is an avid DDR player, moderator, and editor who helps tremendously for the player Dr. D. He helps edit, livestream, and do other activities that strengthen Dr. D's videos and the channel as a whole.

This morning, his mom passed away. With this loss, he doesn't have anyone to turn to for life or financial support. Both of his parents are gone, and he can't work to have an income, so he doesn't have a way to support himself. Case in point, he's not sure how to go forward.

Right now, the Dr. D discord server and community thought best to spread this to as many local and honest rhythm gaming and other supportive communities as we can, and hopefully give him the help he needs to move forward.

If you want to give him some financial support, here is the link to his PayPal.
If you want to reach out to him personally, his discord is Kagamine Len#3188.

Any kind of donation or support would mean the world to him right now.
Thank you all in advance.

gold stinger 06-26-2021 02:36 PM

Re: Someone's cry for help

and they tested positive for covid right afterwards

Dude, that major fucking sucks. Lose a support pillar to your life and then can't see/talk to anyone for 2 weeks.

melonpapes 06-27-2021 08:19 PM

its nice that people are coming together to help. but, beyond that, do we have any plans to help them help themselves, so to speak? are they able to get on some sort of assistance in order to have some sort of income?

mi40 06-27-2021 09:21 PM

why can't he work for income? just curious

Mahou 06-27-2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4763215)

I was just about to ask but you beat me to it.

mellonxcollie 06-27-2021 10:32 PM

people can have all sorts of reasons that they can't work, from physical disabilities to PTSD or other mental issues. It's none of your business

melonpapes is on the right track about offering them resources to find assistance outside of online donations. is there anyone from the online community that is local to him?

MarcusHawkins 06-27-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4763228)
melonpapes is on the right track about offering them resources to find assistance outside of online donations. is there anyone from the online community that is local to him?

He lives in Indonesia, and as far as what I've heard, they're in a super tough spot given their current status with the coronavirus, meaning their social services are nearly maxed out. So, I believe that they're hoping that the coronavirus situation improves before they can take steps locally.

I hope it's actually brighter than that, though

mi40 06-28-2021 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusHawkins (Post 4763235)
He lives in Indonesia, and as far as what I've heard, they're in a super tough spot given their current status with the coronavirus, meaning their social services are nearly maxed out. So, I believe that they're hoping that the coronavirus situation improves before they can take steps locally.

I hope it's actually brighter than that, though

that really fucking sucks. with the new delta variant going around and all that. thanks for the clarification

DossarLX ODI 06-29-2021 11:32 AM

Reached out and provided some help. That's a terrible situation.

choof 07-1-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4763215)

ya for real who cares if this kid's parents are dead, better suck it the fuck up and get a job bro

mi40 07-1-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4763429)
ya for real who cares if this kid's parents are dead, better suck it the fuck up and get a job bro

are you ok dude? i was asking if he has other hardships in his life that have been weighing him down because those things would probably help him get additional support from people

choof 07-1-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4763431)
are you ok dude? i was asking if he has other hardships in his life that have been weighing him down because those things would probably help him get additional support from people

literally all you asked is "why cant he work," we all know the sentiment behind what you posted initially

mi40 07-1-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4763438)
literally all you asked is "why cant he work," we all know the sentiment behind what you posted initially

jesus christ you need to lighten up choofers, now we know their social services are maxed out in a country hit hard with covid which wasn't mentioned in the original post nor on the person's twitter, which provides more of an incentive for people to donate. when people are donating money for a cause there's a reason why people set up gofundme pages etc with adequate details so people know where the donation is going and why

choof 07-1-2021 11:55 PM

lighten up about what exactly
there is nothing here to be lightened up about

mi40 07-1-2021 11:59 PM

well either way choof, i apologize if i came off the wrong way but this time i was genuinely just asking. i didn't mean it to come off as rude especially when it comes to someone's loved one passing away cause i've dealt with that pain as well

choof 07-2-2021 09:01 AM

was probably a bit needlessly aggro but it's frustrating seeing people default to "well shouldn't they just get a job" when we're dealing with a global pandemic, many countries are seeing massive unemployment spikes
kid's unemployed with no support system and then catches covid mere hours after their mother dies, idk about you but the last thing that'd be on my mind would be work. especially given that they're going to be self-isolating for 2 weeks (or more). it's not like they can rope in a job interview any time soon

Akaunei 07-2-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4763444)
was probably a bit needlessly aggro but it's frustrating seeing people default to "well shouldn't they just get a job" when we're dealing with a global pandemic, many countries are seeing massive unemployment spikes
kid's unemployed with no support system and then catches covid mere hours after their mother dies, idk about you but the last thing that'd be on my mind would be work. especially given that they're going to be self-isolating for 2 weeks (or more). it's not like they can rope in a job interview any time soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4763429)

oh REALLY now

choof 07-2-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akaunei (Post 4763445)
oh REALLY now

it absolutely makes sense that a moron like you wouldn't get hyperbolizing a perceived sentiment behind what mi40 posted because it was a bit of an asshole question to begin with

Mahou 07-2-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4763440)
lighten up about what exactly
there is nothing here to be lightened up about

I really don't think he was trying to infer "you need to just go find a job"

len_kagamine 07-14-2021 06:16 AM

hey guys, it's me, Len
first of all, sorry for bad English since it's not my first language

thanks for all the support
it's a bit late, but last Monday i took a covid test (swab antigen btw), and i'm NEGATIVE
still, i have to keep myself fit and follow the strict health protocol

as you may already know, the covid cases in Indonesia increased really high, around 54k cases today, and that left me speechless... and let's not talk about the death cases....

also for the job... i have applied to some companies, and last Wednesday i got called by one of those companies and took the online test
they said they will make a decision in 14 days (since last Wednesday) if i'm qualified the test and have the interview or not

anyways, have a good day/night/midnight, stay safe~