Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151021)

MarioNintendo 06-22-2019 01:37 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Oops i mean unvote

Hateandhatred 06-22-2019 07:11 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 4679468)
yeah ok, we don't have any mechanical information, but we can still make our own information

like, usually the mechanical information we have on d1 doesn't seem that relevant, and it ends up being reads based on interactions and guts anyway

maybe I'm dead wrong and just haven't played enough games yet to become cynical towards the possible d0 information

I think mechanical information can come out of shitpost. At least, I see some.

A secondary wolf objective (primary being having every town player die before them) is to blend in strategically to avoid suspicion. D0 being usually a meme phase before we can analyze lynches/mislynches, nightkills and interactions, it can reveal some players who either tried too hard to go with the flow or avoided posting altogether. In the previous game, I had a wolf read on svaz because it looked like she put up her shitposting roleplaying act just to sheep on DBP.

Therefore memephase isn't worthless, and unless a wolf is absolutely terrible, it's gonna be a mislynch anyway, and it's usually not a big deal imo.

Hateandhatred 06-22-2019 07:46 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679477)
removing my vote


gold stinger 06-22-2019 09:18 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
now that is a quality d0 meme

sanzath 06-22-2019 09:27 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 4679484)
Therefore memephase isn't worthless, and unless a wolf is absolutely terrible, it's gonna be a mislynch anyway, and it's usually not a big deal imo.

mislynches are always terrible how dare you

Hateandhatred 06-22-2019 09:32 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 4679488)
mislynches are always terrible how dare you

d0 mislynches.

They probably help more than actual lynches, depending on the game.

MarioNintendo 06-22-2019 09:32 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
I'm glad Sanz still posts his walls of texts. I wish I was able to tell if he's just super invested in the game, or trying way too hard to sound smart.

Just to clarify my state of mind yesterday, I don't know if it'll be useful, but I want to be explicit:
* i always shitpost as much as I can on d0. It is, after all, the phase I personally enjoy the most, because everyone's getting along and rainbows are everywhere.
* I hoped that by shitposting a lot it would give an incentive for players to be active. I can't take all credit, but I'm happy some activity happened yesterday (mostly between sanz and GS)
* I voted for dragonmega just to put a bit of pressure and make them talk. I thought this was obvious so I didn't clarify in the post where I voted

Side note, I won 20$ playing poker yesterday :D

Hateandhatred 06-22-2019 09:34 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679491)
I'm glad Sanz still posts his walls of texts. I wish I was able to tell if he's just super invested in the game, or trying way too hard to sound smart.

sanz is just a very smart guy imo.

gold stinger 06-22-2019 09:37 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 4679492)
sanz is just a very smart guy imo.

me me smol brain

dragonmegaXX 06-22-2019 09:38 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679491)
* I voted for dragonmega just to put a bit of pressure and make them talk. I thought this was obvious so I didn't clarify in the post where I voted

Side note, I won 20$ playing poker yesterday :D

The gods reached out to me while I was toiling over a 12 hour shift and whispered in my ear "Hey Mario voted for you in that thread you havent seen yet"

I've never been more thankful for such a revelation in my life. xP

MarioNintendo 06-22-2019 09:38 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Shadowg_god_10 is being too nice to everyone

MarioNintendo 06-22-2019 09:39 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 4679494)
The gods reached out to me while I was toiling over a 12 hour shift and whispered in my ear "Hey Mario voted for you in that thread you havent seen yet"

I've never been more thankful for such a revelation in my life. xP

It was good timing indeed!

Hateandhatred 06-22-2019 09:43 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679495)
Shadowg_god_10 is being too nice to everyone

Yes more people join the shadowgod wagon plz

dragonmegaXX 06-22-2019 09:47 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Im wondering what to do now, I did say I would maybe remove or recast my vote hmmmm

sanzath 06-22-2019 09:55 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 4679484)
A secondary wolf objective (primary being having every town player die before them) is to blend in strategically to avoid suspicion.

I don't think I'd quite phrase it like this.

Yes, their primary goal is to reach parity: they want to have as many wolves left in the game as towns. So generally, they want to
* lynch towns
* not die
and while "blending in strategically" can be a way to do this, it's certainly not the only way. Think of Haku, whose playstyle is so, I don't know, different, and yet who constantly gets read as town. It would be quite scary if Haku was able to channel that same playstyle as a wolf.

So it probably ends up being a question of reading metas.

Which is a problem, because many of the players here don't have a meta yet.

damnit

sanzath 06-22-2019 09:55 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
speaking of metas, H&H where's your calling for instas???

sanzath 06-22-2019 09:56 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 4679497)
Yes more people join the shadowgod wagon plz

oh nevermind it's right here

gold stinger 06-22-2019 09:57 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 4679500)
So it probably ends up being a question of reading metas.

Which is a problem, because many of the players here don't have a meta yet.

damnit

Funny coming from a person who has a meta.

sanzath 06-22-2019 09:59 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4679503)
Funny coming from a person who has a meta.

yes, hold on as I meta read myself

the results have come in

I'm wolf

gold stinger 06-22-2019 10:00 AM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 4679498)
Im wondering what to do now, I did say I would maybe remove or recast my vote hmmmm

Maybe start by opening up with thoughts on what people have said in the thread so far? Start asking yourself 'why are people voting the way they are, and what is their reasons?' or, 'Has anything that people have said so far not sit right with me?'.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution