Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Postgame (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150085)

YoshL 11-3-2018 07:36 PM

Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Postgame

not having the game op updated with gamestate info made the game annoying to even want to follow

YoshL 11-3-2018 07:38 PM

also from what i could gather, the manti/raeko was in fact not a kitb and dbp was not lying about that

the sun fan 11-3-2018 08:19 PM

Game was overall fun sorry for the salt
Tarot cards are neato

DarkManticoreX2 11-3-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4655408)
I don't know how to town read you and it's haunting me every game we play lately.

I keep thinking you're wolfing if you don't have a certain level of commitment and it never works.

Manti fooled me in a similar manner too.

I understand the neutral game, but I wasn't comfortable with coin flips.

inDheart/WV/Charu/Neee/Sunfan/MML kind of were in a better spot overall.

I also was confused by D1 Prec, but I think he could have been fine if he lived longer to play.

I somehow painted red Syhto for going against MML D1. Derp.

In any game I play in the future this will be my commitment level.

I just canít dedicate any more time to the game without removing something else from my life.

star-crossed 11-3-2018 09:56 PM

Hi, this was fun to read along with. I was really confident in inD and sun fan being town (for once) so I was hoping to get the chance to sub in and work with them. But it is good for the game that I was not needed.

MixMasterLar 11-3-2018 11:13 PM

GG town, and especially SunFan for the clutch info right when we needed it. With proof that there was a wolf between me and Raeko there was no way town could lose. No offense wolves.

Also shout outs to DBP for never giving up when he was getting lynched.

_

Also, while I'm glad my instincts proved right I do owe some apologizes. I had some IRL obligations (including moving two of my friends in so they can crash for the winter) get in the way of committing as much time as I needed to properly play. Also, I did legit lose my cool again. Working on that still, guys. Promise to keep toning it down

DaBackpack 11-3-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4655422)
GG town, and especially SunFan for the clutch info right when we needed it. With proof that there was a wolf between me and Raeko there was no way town could lose. No offense wolves.

Also shout outs to DBP for never giving up when he was getting lynched.

_

Also, while I'm glad my instincts proved right I do owe some apologizes. I had some IRL obligations (including moving two of my friends in so they can crash for the winter) get in the way of committing as much time as I needed to properly play. Also, I did legit lose my cool again. Working on that still, guys. Promise to keep toning it down

It's ironic because sunfan's role was actually sabotaged, but because of the way it worked it ended up giving the correct information anyway

Syhto 11-4-2018 10:00 AM

Good game people, I wish I had been able to play, especially because I heavily suspected raebox and dbp right before I got NK'd. But it's all good. Was enjoyable to witness. Good on WC for the seering

Cheers

the sun fan 11-4-2018 03:02 PM

A cool thing for wolves to try after roundbox has been cursed was not submit a kill

all of a sudden, it looks like town can sleep and not lose a lynch

I know I would've at least considered it

inDheart 11-4-2018 04:07 PM

sorry i don't have much to say, there just wasn't much deeper stuff going on for me in this game than what i posted. i played the game very much from the hip when i was playing it at all and it showed. my last posts in the game thread anyway are like my premature postgaming considering i thought i was dying right there

my vote shenanigans at the start of the last day were because i got the Fool role (aka arcanum 0, i thought), and so i would only have 0.9 of a vote if i didn't do that

Hakulyte 11-4-2018 04:45 PM

Oh yeah, can someone explain the revive on inDheart ?

the sun fan 11-4-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4655440)
Oh yeah, can someone explain the revive on inDheart ?

it was charu's role, I think
so long as Charu was alive, inD couldn't die

Hakulyte 11-4-2018 04:57 PM

That feels ridiculously strong.

I think Manti couldn't die D1/N1 too even if he got lynched.

inDheart 11-4-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4655441)
it was charu's role, I think
so long as Charu was alive, inD couldn't die

yeah
his role was as long as he's alive, if i'm killed, i instantly revive
if i never died during that time but he did, i'd have a little bit extra protection

i believe i was also chosen at random so that was just super lucky

Charu 11-4-2018 05:58 PM

Yep, that be my role.

Quote:

Your role for tomorrow night is cleric (Salted)! FFR isn't ready for a true resurrection role, but this is the next best thing. A random human will secretly be picked. As long as you are alive, they will be automatically resurrected upon death. After you die, the protection persists for half a phase, then dissipates. If they have died once already, the protection goes away immediately upon your death.

The human dying by lynch resurrects them but ends the protection

mellonxcollie 11-4-2018 07:33 PM

This game was really... weird for me. I think a combination of the terrible timing and feeling burnt out from playing wolf a lot lately made me play pretty poorly even when I did have time to post

I think the is the first time I've ever conceded. Feels bad man, but I'm glad the humans won, you guys deserved it

I'm gonna pull a Manti and say I'm only gonna sign up if I can be sure not to roll wolf :mrgreen: just kidding, but seriously

the sun fan 11-4-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4655447)
This game was really... weird for me. I think a combination of the terrible timing and feeling burnt out from playing wolf a lot lately made me play pretty poorly even when I did have time to post

I think the is the first time I've ever conceded. Feels bad man, but I'm glad the humans won, you guys deserved it

I'm gonna pull a Manti and say I'm only gonna sign up if I can be sure not to roll wolf :mrgreen: just kidding, but seriously

I feel like you and roundbox end up on the same wolfteam a lot; I'm surprised it isn't a meme at this point

FreezinIce 11-4-2018 10:20 PM

Slowly updating op with night actions

A full role list might be coming eventually too.

Doing this on mobile is torture so forgive the slow pace pls

the sun fan 11-5-2018 12:09 AM

I think wolves probably shouldn't have been punished so strongly for asking for 1 out of potentially 3 wolf roles each night

they need SOMETHING to counteract the town roles beyond correctly guesstimating the number of town roles and I don't really think 1/3 or even 1/2 is that greedy

should it make town roles stronger? maybe. if so, it probably shouldn't be by much imo. Its potentially marginally more justifiable by the lack of cardflips

DaBackpack 11-5-2018 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4655454)
I think wolves probably shouldn't have been punished so strongly for asking for 1 out of potentially 3 wolf roles each night

they need SOMETHING to counteract the town roles beyond correctly guesstimating the number of town roles and I don't really think 1/3 or even 1/2 is that greedy

should it make town roles stronger? maybe. if so, it probably shouldn't be by much imo. Its potentially marginally more justifiable by the lack of cardflips

I think at the very least the formula should have been transparent because yeah, we had no idea that asking for one role was on the "greedy side"

Not knowing the roles but knowing more about the tiers would have at least contextualized our selections more

Aside from that, it was fun to try and speculate how town would try and make decisions in a collaborative-but-not-open setting