Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143935)

DaBackpack 02-20-2016 10:52 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendetta21 (Post 4409188)
Okay maybe you are town

What is your top read

top read until a few minutes ago was helphelp as wolf, he was in commentary mode for most of the game until he voted another player (forget who) for not answering a question --- and when I gave him pressure he dropped the vote without resistance

but his recent interaction with Charu doesn't fit because he actually seems to be interested in this notion of "playing a character" as it pertains to Charu (though I don't remember where his actual vote is)

I want to see his actual reads list before pounding hard in any direction

other than that I think Xel is projecting town, and yes it's true that it could all be artificial as you say, but I don't see it yet --- not opposed to the idea, it will become apparent over time what's really going on I think

DaBackpack 02-20-2016 10:54 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by helphelp11 (Post 4409144)
Now your former post seems a bit out of character for you, and the latter post is jokingly asking what you should already know.

That said, this is about as aggressive as it ever gets

and there's no synthesis going on with this line of reasoning either

DaBackpack 02-20-2016 10:55 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
I'm having trouble telling the newbies apart, they ought to make more of a presence to distinguish themselves

XelNya 02-20-2016 10:56 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4409191)
other than that I think Xel is projecting town, and yes it's true that it could all be artificial as you say, but I don't see it yet --- not opposed to the idea, it will become apparent over time what's really going on I think


helphelp11 02-20-2016 11:22 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 

rzr
Null, as he's throwing his thoughts out but nothing sticking that makes him town nor wolf.

Red Blaster
Null, he was at the start for a bit and also recently. Speak up?

V
Town lean, reads seem to be intact as backed by experience. Honestly, I feel like V and dbp are playing some different game as I can't see any flaws with either of their reasoning or follow up on them.

Xel
Slight town lean, holds a point against Z that new players should not be ignored as there is a chance they could be wolf.

Xiz
Null, same case as rzr.

Haku
Town, he is trying to be useful and solve the game already. Also, how Charu's playstyle reacts with Haku's sense of urgency is proof of this.

cedolad
Null, he was shitposting at the start but now he's disappeared. Speak up?

botchi
Null, same case as rzr.

reuben
Null, him answering Charu's question for me and then Charu liking his answer over mine seems forced, but he apologized for interrupting.

Charu
Wolf lean, see above, as well as how he reacted to me.

tiloco
Null, he just started posting again. Speak up?

dfr
Town lean, same case as V.

Sinistrosuede
Null, speak up?

Z
Slight town lean, holds a point against V that new players should be ignored as they are new.

SKG
Very slight wolf lean, I'm not sure if he is town, in which he is just doing a "character," or if he is wolf, in which he used my reaction to pin wolf on me.
(Spacing makes this post big, which is why I put it in a spoiler.)

Charu 02-20-2016 11:24 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
I...

Charu 02-20-2016 11:25 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Okay bucko, I think I see how you're thinking and for that, you're no longer pah-pah-wolfy.

You're still an IDIOT though.

Hee hee heeeeeee

danceflashrevo 02-20-2016 11:26 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
helphelp i noticed you left out dbp, what's your read on him or did i miss something?

Charu 02-20-2016 11:27 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4409200)
helphelp i noticed you left out dbp, what's your read on him or did i miss something?

gn

danceflashrevo 02-20-2016 11:34 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Also Post 763 you were explaining how charu was breaking character and reading that, I got the impression that it was making you have a red lean on charu (or at least contributed). After that, tiloco said it wasn't alignment indicative and you hadn't mentioned it since. Did you give up that idea because tiloco said that because you didn't mention it your reads list; you only mentioned that you didn't like how charu reacted to you and the charu/ben interaction. The bit about the character is interesting to me considering you have all of your red leans on people that play characters.

danceflashrevo 02-20-2016 11:35 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4409201)
gn

dude i'm really tired i'm considering

Charu 02-20-2016 11:37 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
dfr, try to enter a mindset that is completely narrow and going for the super obvious displays.

Charu 02-20-2016 11:38 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Once there, step in a certain players view and bam.

danceflashrevo 02-20-2016 11:43 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4409205)
dfr, try to enter a mindset that is completely narrow and going for the super obvious displays.

okay, even then i don't see how you award a town lean for that. are you essentially saying he's going for low hanging fruit?

danceflashrevo 02-20-2016 11:44 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
although i might be misunderstanding you, i interpreted what you said like 3 different ways lol

helphelp11 02-20-2016 11:48 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4409200)
helphelp i noticed you left out dbp, what's your read on him or did i miss something?

Shoot, I meant dbp instead of dfr. You fall under the rzr category, in which there's nothing indicative of you being town nor wolf.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4409203)
Also Post 763 you were explaining how charu was breaking character and reading that, I got the impression that it was making you have a red lean on charu (or at least contributed). After that, tiloco said it wasn't alignment indicative and you hadn't mentioned it since. Did you give up that idea because tiloco said that because you didn't mention it your reads list; you only mentioned that you didn't like how charu reacted to you and the charu/ben interaction. The bit about the character is interesting to me considering you have all of your red leans on people that play characters.

I still feel that he slipped on his character a bit, which intrigues me. Also, I guess that the wolf leans are a coincidence; I considered putting reuben (who, is Ben, I guess?) in the "very slight wolf lean" category because of the possibility that he was forcing it with Charu.

danceflashrevo 02-20-2016 11:56 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by helphelp11 (Post 4409209)
Shoot, I meant dbp instead of dfr.

I knew that your read of me was far too awarding xD

Follow up question, do you think Charu/Ben are potentially partners?

Charu 02-20-2016 11:59 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by helphelp11 (Post 4409209)
I still feel that he slipped on his character a bit, which intrigues me. Also, I guess that the wolf leans are a coincidence; I considered putting reuben (who, is Ben, I guess?) in the "very slight wolf lean" category because of the possibility that he was forcing it with Charu.

Are you serious right now?



Heheh

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hooo, weeee.

You idiot.

Charu 02-21-2016 12:00 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4409207)
okay, even then i don't see how you award a town lean for that. are you essentially saying he's going for low hanging fruit?

I'm saying he's taking things literally and forming opinions on said literal interactions.

It's quite funny now that I see it.

helphelp11 02-21-2016 12:01 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
There is a slim chance, but other than that, I don't think they are.

helphelp11 02-21-2016 12:08 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
It's getting late, so later.

danceflashrevo 02-21-2016 12:09 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
gn

XelNya 02-21-2016 12:26 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Page 39 is cancer

XelNya 02-21-2016 12:26 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Literal cancer

XelNya 02-21-2016 12:42 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Let me iterate where I'm at for the sake of sharing

1. rzr - who are you again
2. Red Blaster - who are you again
4. Vendetta21
5. XelNya this guy. fuck this guy. scum.
6. Xiz - who are you again
7. DaBackPack - shut up and take my town lean for now. You been playin' hard townie and if I have to explain how he's been doing this to anyone, just go reread his goddamned post history.
8. Hakulyte - who are you again
9. cedolad - huh, you haven't replaced out yet.
10. botchi246 - who are you again
12. reuben_tate - who are you again
13. Charu - I wanna entertain the notion you're SK because that'd be fitting, but very easily wrong. I highly doubt it, but man oh man, I'd be mad. lol yer prob town tho
14. tiloco217 - alright entrance, wanna see where you go with it
15. danceflashrevo - who are you again
16. helphelp11 - who are you again
17. Sinistrosuede - who are you again
18. _Zenith_ - get back in here yah bastard, I wanna mess with you a bit
19. SKG_Scintill - who are you again

you know why I post this?

as a demonstration that, for the most part, a lot of us ain't doing shit worth mentioning

including myself

Zenith you little bitch come in here and do me a thing or two would you?

I wanna clear me out some easy clears before I get forced to vote while at work with minimal reading

I wanna see if benguin and haku got an input as well~

Also scin gonna ask

you got any thoughts on anything to share

Vendetta21 02-21-2016 12:42 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4409191)
top read until a few minutes ago was helphelp as wolf, he was in commentary mode for most of the game until he voted another player (forget who) for not answering a question --- and when I gave him pressure he dropped the vote without resistance

but his recent interaction with Charu doesn't fit because he actually seems to be interested in this notion of "playing a character" as it pertains to Charu (though I don't remember where his actual vote is)

I want to see his actual reads list before pounding hard in any direction

other than that I think Xel is projecting town, and yes it's true that it could all be artificial as you say, but I don't see it yet --- not opposed to the idea, it will become apparent over time what's really going on I think

Okay I think you're clear

danceflashrevo

Gonna lend Charu my vote for now

XelNya 02-21-2016 12:43 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
In before v makes some tone read post about how I literally just piled nulls into a list and said hey we all suck let's suck less

XelNya 02-21-2016 12:44 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Wait I just took a mini uneducated shot at v

well shit

Vendetta21 02-21-2016 12:44 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Ahh the classic vendetta21 empty read. A nice touch on your shit reads list.

Vendetta21 02-21-2016 12:46 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4409228)
In before v makes some tone read post about how I literally just piled nulls into a list and said hey we all suck let's suck less

Well here's the rub, it's that you have self-awareness of your behavior but no cognitive dissonance about acting in a way that is clearly not beneficial. Not following why you think what you think and where this anger arises from

Are you angry at yourself? Angry at all of us for a problem you're contributing

You're not stuck in traffic XelNya, you ARE traffic

XelNya 02-21-2016 01:17 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendetta21 (Post 4409230)
Ahh the classic vendetta21 empty read. A nice touch on your shit reads list.

Didn't know leaving it blank would make you that mad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendetta21 (Post 4409231)
Well here's the rub, it's that you have self-awareness of your behavior but no cognitive dissonance about acting in a way that is clearly not beneficial. Not following why you think what you think and where this anger arises from

Are you angry at yourself? Angry at all of us for a problem you're contributing

You're not stuck in traffic XelNya, you ARE traffic

I'm uh, not angry. Quite distanced from it actually.

But I fail to comprehend how I alone am the traffic when I see a six car pile up though.

Vendetta21 02-21-2016 01:24 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4409232)
Didn't know leaving it blank would make you that mad

If I was mad I would have tried very hard to make you feel bad about yourself because I am a sociopath in this game.

I'm uh, not angry. Quite distanced from it actually.

But I fail to comprehend how I alone am the traffic when I see a six car pile up though.

This doesn't match your choice of tone. Also I was stating you are complaining about something you are actively contributing to, which makes me wonder why you didn't just try to act in a way that corrects the problem rather than posting a crappy white noise reads list. I don't see anything you've done as making an effort to change the problem you perceive.

Bolded is me

Hakulyte 02-21-2016 01:33 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Oh hey, I'm back. XelNya, what are you trying to do with this game?

Hakulyte 02-21-2016 01:56 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Vendetta, have you thought of ways that we could make the others interact so we can start gathering information in a more efficient way? I don't like the whole "wait it out and see what happens" aspect of this game. It's been providing too little content. I feel like we need to do slightly more aggressive things to make the game progress.

Vendetta21 02-21-2016 02:06 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4409237)
Vendetta, have you thought of ways that we could make the others interact so we can start gathering information in a more efficient way? I don't like the whole "wait it out and see what happens" aspect of this game. It's been providing too little content. I feel like we need to do slightly more aggressive things to make the game progress.

You will never get every person to talk. That is impossible. You need to be pointed. You are searching for a needle in a haystack of words. When you find that needle, you hone in on that, you make it your big focus. Push on that person who said one weird sentence repeatedly. Use a tone and force to try to make them respond to your questions.

What usually makes people respond is making your language forceful and clear enough that other people will agree with you. As soon as they respond, respond back. Just keep poking that issue until you are convinced one way or the other.

You don't need to find 12 wolves, you need to find one. Eliminating a few suspects via townreads is useful, but you only have one vote per day, and thus only need to find one wolf per day. You're never going to get 100% clarity on all players until they are all dead.

Hakulyte 02-21-2016 02:24 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
I'm going to miss the EoD due to work tomorrow.

I guess the last relevant thing I should try to do tonight is to vote for someone.

Why are you priorizing your vote on DFR over other potential votes V?

Hakulyte 02-21-2016 02:31 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
nvm, I iso'd and you don't need to explain.

danceflashrevo

gn

Vendetta21 02-21-2016 02:46 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4409240)
I'm going to miss the EoD due to work tomorrow.

I guess the last relevant thing I should try to do tonight is to vote for someone.

Why are you priorizing your vote on DFR over other potential votes V?

Because I have 24 hours to kill someone and I have extended a modicum of trust to Charu who is doing work for me

XelNya 02-21-2016 06:24 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

XelNya 02-21-2016 06:40 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
forgot to add

"If I was mad I would have tried very hard to make you feel bad about yourself because I am a sociopath in this game."

Not sure if sociopath is the right word though.

"This doesn't match your choice of tone. Also I was stating you are complaining about something you are actively contributing to, which makes me wonder why you didn't just try to act in a way that corrects the problem rather than posting a crappy white noise reads list. I don't see anything you've done as making an effort to change the problem you perceive."

I understood what you meant, except the point of me changing my tone. That "white noise" reads list is somewhat in line with my posting style this game from my pov, I don't understand how it doesn't match.

I specifically didn't use the word null and opted for "who are you anyways" to keep my sarcastic tone in line with the rest of my posts. Pinging out Zenith even goes in line with my tone this game as I did it earlier in game as well.

I don't understand how you arrived at the conclusion of my tone.

I surely am thinking a little too biased.

XelNya 02-21-2016 07:58 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
A little bit of a redo. I was being dumb earlier. I did get a little lazy near the end due to getting tired tho admittedly.

1. rzr

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4409155)
Good to see people posting, tiloco and helphelp. I'm reading things watching but on phone for the weekend :/

I think if skg doesn't attempt to break character or at least be productive he is an excellent start

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4409176)
Dap's been pinging v pretty consistently

Town lean for multiple stuff like this.


2. Red Blaster - Kinda gonna have null / slight scum lean at this point. There's nothing to do here. Literally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Blaster (Post 4408264)
Sup duders

Kay entrance nothing bad
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Blaster (Post 4408268)
Tell him how Tokzic's death makes him look scummy

Ok, can argue a joke here. I mean like I think it's funny.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Blaster (Post 4408290)
haku

<3

Ok cool, a vote to kinda placehold, avoid phantom, shoots shit and isn't on a hard pressed user, w/e.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Blaster (Post 4408293)
100% of the time blame the new people

Post is weird. There's a tone of joke here but like, there's no reason to say this here?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Blaster (Post 4408344)
What a game

Nope.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Blaster (Post 4408447)
Obligatory Xel vote because I haven't seen you in a few games

Wait, still completely shooting shit?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Blaster (Post 4408448)
Also The Division beta kicks off in like an hour so that's where my weekend is going.

No one cares.

- Skipping more nonsense at this point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Blaster (Post 4409135)
In the 500 or so posts since my last has anything actually happened or can I assume it's all bs and not read it?

Like, where is the content here? What is there to do with here?

RB this is not how you normally play and Osu tourney or not get your ass in here and be the normal cheese cake would you.




4. Vendetta21

It's literally nothing.


5. XelNya

REDQUACKTED


6. Xiz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4409079)
Yes. "With a Little Help from My Friends", this is a good way to catch some easy wolves.

Usually novice wolves will give a list of three people who either they want to ping out, who they think are wolves, or people who are of interest to them. Usually, they will place their partner as the #2 name out of 3 or 4 total to blend in. I'm positive everyone here as a wolf has subconsciously done this before. It might not seem like much but actually it's very telling. If I catch someone doing this, and start to pressure but really not do anything to their target like voting or hard pressuring, then I will end up voting for them "Eight Days a Week".

Yes...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4409074)
"In Spite of All the Danger", here is a super hot read.

If zenith is a wolf, redblaster is not on the wolf team with him. It's the classic rule of the 2nd name listed.

(if you dont follow, let me know i'll describe)

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4409072)
This is important. Totally missed this at first but he brings up a really good point. I might just be a "Beautiful Dreamer" here, think of how town xel would react to zenith's statement here. Xel is known for having unconventional thoughts, but this totally fits his normal town mindset.

I almost wanna swap my vote to zenith but I still want more votes on helphelp and make him "Twist and Shout" first.

1
Me unconventional? NAH. I just think in terms of what I was saying it should be more commonsense and most people who use the "they're new" are just being fucking lazy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4408778)
Also, "All I've Got to Do" is look back at SGK's first post. it's really ballsy for a 1st time scum to (on his first vote) randomly throw out a vote onto V. The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think that SGK is town. "I Feel Fine" with most of what SGK's done but if he keeps saying "lol idk what im doing" then it will be "The End" for him.

Ballsy sure

does it earn a free pass

come on, you know it doesn't

Just, if ya'll wanna sail with it, do so. Ya'll do you.

I just think the thought process is lacking in actual thought for what happens if they're not as new as we think they are

I don't wanna see someone noobie ever walk away with a free utr win

'cause you gotta remember

we nightstarted

there was easily time for scin or what's their name later in this list, to have gotten some subtle points of how to use their noob status to their advantage.

you guys don't exactly fucking make it rocket science, I'd almost argue some of you make it too easy

and I'm not saying you're being dumb, or that I completely disagree, I'd be a hypocrite if I said I did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4408780)
(Also lol my previous post completely disagrees with XelNya, hopefully he will still "Love Me, Do" you think so?)

If you get this reference without looking it up, consider us good

"Love me, love me, love me do! Give me, give me, give me hug!"

There's no reason in particular I picked this other than I love this song.

Well, the cover of it.


7. DaBackPack

Not even gonna warrent explaining why dbp is the towniest person so far. I'm weary but you can have my trust for now. You're doing all the things, along with V.


8. Hakulyte

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4409235)
Oh hey, I'm back. XelNya, what are you trying to do with this game?

Being dumb.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4409237)
Vendetta, have you thought of ways that we could make the others interact so we can start gathering information in a more efficient way? I don't like the whole "wait it out and see what happens" aspect of this game. It's been providing too little content. I feel like we need to do slightly more aggressive things to make the game progress.

Huh, now that I do some rereading, you look better than I remembered.


9. cedolad

Shit posts many shit posts shit shit shit shit shit shit


10. botchi246



In an attempt to condense this whole post a little

Quote:

Originally Posted by botchi246 (Post 4409078)
can you explain that logic xiz???

good

Quote:

Originally Posted by botchi246 (Post 4409036)
basically this. there is no work getting done here with all this weird charu

good

Quote:

Originally Posted by botchi246 (Post 4408868)
Im not being scared into a xel lynch. Although i do believe one of them is scum now. Need more time and posts to work with though so i can solidify a read

any return to this thought?

we no lynch you for now, but would like to see a return to that last thought


12. reuben_tate

I'm watching you. I'm not leaning you either way, but, when you come back would be neat to see some reads


13. Charu

I said it earlier and let me say it again. My money is that you're SK or town.

I say the town because of the DFR interaction.


14. tiloco217

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiloco217 (Post 4408374)
I'm kinda surprised there are this many people in thread right now tbh. Expected to see 3ish

Ok keepin an eye out for lurkers, neat.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiloco217 (Post 4408414)
care to explain? never played a forum game with him but he seemed pretty good in live

I actually missed this post, my apologies.

Tokzic N0 is curious because while yes he is a good player, he can flop just as hard. There's no reason not to prioritize someone who has higher chances of being productive this game when you have zero information out the gate. Chances are Tokzic would get himself lynched. There's no reason to kill him there. But I will admit Tokzic is fuckin' scary scum.

Like just I'm sorry, but there are better N0s, and even then, there are safer ones like say Reuben Tate who tbh would be a better choice even.

Long story short I think there were many other targets that might have been more worth while.

This tells me I think we're dealing with someone who has played more often, or at least made the guiding argument to reach this choice.

And this is all entirely based on the fact we KNOW they had no information other than who they're partner is, I know there's something to make of it.

But uh, it's kinda hard to start getting there.

Sorry if it's a bit of rambling, but it's more just a free flow of my thought process. I find the pick curious. I can't justify myself why I'd pick him. Given the roster and the information they'd have. So it's interesting to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiloco217 (Post 4409136)
I got a lot of null reads right now. Doesn't help that I have no way to use meta reads on anyone so all I can really read is reactions and even that is sketchy. helphelp v. SKG and V v. DBP helped a lot though.

I think that helphelp v. SKG is tvt. I don't think that SKG would lean on his character as much as he is if he was wolf, at least not as a new player. helphelp I'm less sure about but I don't think he would back off of SKG so quickly as mafia. As mafia I think it's easier to keep blindly pushing until they either have a good response or die.

I'm pretty sure that V v. DBP was tvw and that DBP is the mafia. The way he was asking for V to give more information was like "Bro, I know your town but I can't just follow you blindly. Now I think Xel is town but if you say the right things..." Seems to me like he wanted to side with V to start a train against Xel but didn't want to just flip his reads. It got even weirder when he said that he didn't even have a town lean on V and that he the way he reads V is when he offers up more information then he needs to. If that was what he was looking for then he wouldn't try to force him to give out the information. That makes V and Xel town by association but I don't really have a read on either of them.

I also remember thinking that Haku was town when I was reading the thread last night but I don't remember why at this point. I'll look back through his posts at some point before EOD tomorrow.

I'll probably be here the rest of the night so feel free to ask some questions.

I don't agree with your analasys of V vs dbp. I think that was TvT foir sure.

And the entire reasoning is V's tone and dbp general approach to the game thus far.

But at least, there's something. Very much not worth lynching you today.


15. danceflashrevo

See charu. You got an interaction that leaves me content with you.


16. helphelp11

You kinda suffer in my eyes like benguin does

I need more to make a really informed choice because the good things I like are older and a new pov might appear x.x'


17. Sinistrosuede Forced to a null read here. There's like one post even worth talking about which is the first one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinistrosuede (Post 4408707)
Mmm, long threads. Delicious. Time to end my post-sitting and actually type jazz.

Newb pressure is fine. xD I should have posted sooner anyway. >.> I like rzr's thing about having fun more than "proving is human". That said. I'mma be more diligent now that I'm getting the gist of how this forum works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinistrosuede (Post 4408710)
All the fire. o-o

Desu is desu desu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinistrosuede (Post 4408758)
Ooh, all the finger pointings.



First Wife Red Blaster. o-o And doesn't that mean DaPackback might murdify the First Wife? The table's have turnt.



Hopefully they got a grasp of how the forums work and can finally come do something?

18. _Zenith_

Come back. :(

19. SKG_Scintill

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 4408753)
Honestly...
I didn't even meet your, like, conditions and stuff? and still you unvoted me?
You're totals trying to not look suspishoes.

good point

but there's nothing here rly. Yah got the brain for this, don't tell me you don't

dat null doe


But uh yeah let's pick a person who I wanna see actually deliver something

Reuben_Tate

But in short

I'm down for a RB lynch right about now.

Hakulyte 02-21-2016 09:50 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4409250)
I understood what you meant, except the point of me changing my tone. That "white noise" reads list is somewhat in line with my posting style this game from my pov, I don't understand how it doesn't match.

I can easily answer that one for him. It doesn't match because he doesn't read your content, he reads your intents and they're out of sync with your other posts.

Like if you take me by example, I may constantly post in different ways, but I'm always posting with the intent to make the game progress. You can always question me about "how is this relevant to game progression" and I should have an answer for you.

What does it changes? It creates a consistency with my behavior and it's easier to trust me and get on my side or paint me as the evil guy and confidently vote against me. Trust is important because you need it to eventually group up with the other players and proceed to do a proper scumhunt without constantly worrying about being the target yourself.

Since you're "playing dumb" it's invariably keeping you "Null" at best and may give you a "Scum" lean because of the lack of productive content.

Your play is very similar to Charu's play in terms of aggression/content, but with Charu, there's eventually has to be a "productive" reason as to why he does what he's doing. He can't entirely go crazy the entire game blindly because we "will" have to lynch him for not helping the game enough objectively. In your case, it's harder to defend you because we don't understand why someone Town would play like you do intent-wise.

Another point, (that's not for you, but the game in general) - I don't think "It's Day 1" can justify everything. I also think that newbies should get targeted if there's enough reason to do so. They should still have the upper hand in the sense that while they don't know our meta, we don't know their metas either. So, they can ask players with game experience to help them against the other experienced players, but they can't get isolated and pinned down if they don't dramatically slip or get suspicious. We will eventually get reads on them and that's probably why generally we don't lynch them Day 1. However, if there's enough stuff piled up against one of them, they should get lynched just like everyone.

E.g: Sinistrosuede it's nearly impossible to read because we don't know how to interpret his meta yet.

I'm doing this because I'm pocketed to you. Basically, if you take the time to explain your intents and you do are Town, the truth(or at least our perception of what is really going on in the game) should eventually clear you up.

The only reason why I want to believe in you is because your behavior is being inconsistent so, technically speaking, you really still could have rolled your alignment either way.

If you can't even explain to us why you're Town tho, you're going to get in serious trouble very soon.

Actually, EVERYONE in this thread should try to post and answer this question:

"Why are you Town?"

The longer your post, the better.

Fake Edit: Your new read list by example is clearly showing us that you had a "change of intent" and it's a lot more Town-looking than your previous post. Can you explain us why these contrasts in your tone is happening XelNya? If you answer this question in a satisfactory way, you can gain trust from it. So, you do have a reason to take it seriously.

Hakulyte 02-21-2016 10:05 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Actually, now that I've read your second read list entirely, you literally went from 0/10 to like 9/10 in terms of "fucks given". I'll gladly help you out if there's something you want me to do or give you thoughts about. Thanks for not making me regret wanting to pocket you after that Vendetta x XelNya talk right before this that kind of made you look bad tbh. This is probably your most redeeming post so far. Thank you for playing this game right.

Hakulyte 02-21-2016 10:30 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Also, I'm going to work in 1 hour.
I will not be able to come back before EoD.

That's important because people always starts getting more active close to EoD and if someone has something against me, I will not be able to be here to defend myself.

Hakulyte 02-21-2016 10:33 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
XelNya, your "reuben_tate" vote doesn't count because it's in a spoiler tag. If you actually want to vote someone, you have to post it without it being in a spoiler tag.

I learned this in a previous game. >:

Hakulyte 02-21-2016 11:25 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
My time is now up for Day 1.

gl with EoD guys, I can't post anymore gtg.

helphelp11 02-21-2016 11:41 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Xel, why switch to a reuben vote from Zenith? I thought you didn't like Zenith the most this game because of the "new players should not be ignored" thing.

helphelp11 02-21-2016 11:46 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Was it because you ended pressuring him, as it was most likely night for him and he wouldn't respond?

_Zenith_ 02-21-2016 11:54 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4409226)
Let me iterate where I'm at for the sake of sharing

1. rzr - who are you again
2. Red Blaster - who are you again
4. Vendetta21
5. XelNya this guy. fuck this guy. scum.
6. Xiz - who are you again
7. DaBackPack - shut up and take my town lean for now. You been playin' hard townie and if I have to explain how he's been doing this to anyone, just go reread his goddamned post history.
8. Hakulyte - who are you again
9. cedolad - huh, you haven't replaced out yet.
10. botchi246 - who are you again
12. reuben_tate - who are you again
13. Charu - I wanna entertain the notion you're SK because that'd be fitting, but very easily wrong. I highly doubt it, but man oh man, I'd be mad. lol yer prob town tho
14. tiloco217 - alright entrance, wanna see where you go with it
15. danceflashrevo - who are you again
16. helphelp11 - who are you again
17. Sinistrosuede - who are you again
18. _Zenith_ - get back in here yah bastard, I wanna mess with you a bit
19. SKG_Scintill - who are you again

you know why I post this?

as a demonstration that, for the most part, a lot of us ain't doing shit worth mentioning

including myself

Zenith you little bitch come in here and do me a thing or two would you?

I wanna clear me out some easy clears before I get forced to vote while at work with minimal reading

I wanna see if benguin and haku got an input as well~

Also scin gonna ask

you got any thoughts on anything to share

yo just woke up whatcha need?

_Zenith_ 02-21-2016 12:02 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
wait really I missed 7 pages and that was it?????

wow.

Xiz 02-21-2016 03:00 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
(Today is Daytona500 party day, afk for most of day. Will be back at end day)

XelNya 02-21-2016 03:44 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4409262)
XelNya, your "reuben_tate" vote doesn't count because it's in a spoiler tag. If you actually want to vote someone, you have to post it without it being in a spoiler tag.

I learned this in a previous game. >:

That's uh, actually news to me because I've read the rules a few times, and I don't think I've ever seen it in there.

and upon a quick re-skim via search and quick glance it's not in there

so, that's not a rule and therefore if it doesn't count the host is full of it

And the OP doesn't say otherwise either

So uh, either the rule thread needs to be updated *HINT HINT* or that's just not an actual rule

and yes I am in fact 100% content being that guy.

But someone is gonna say it's more an unspoken rule so here

Reuben_Tate

It's not like I was trying to hide my vote, and I don't even understand the intent of such a rule in the first place tbh.

but w/e. Side tangent done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by helphelp11 (Post 4409274)
Xel, why switch to a reuben vote from Zenith? I thought you didn't like Zenith the most this game because of the "new players should not be ignored" thing.

I don't like it when anyone does it

But it seems to be a moot thing, so why continue with it?

I can camp the crap out of it for the whole game, but it's not as productive. Might as well move on to other things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4409277)
yo just woke up whatcha need?

Dank reads and memes is what I needs

_Zenith_ 02-21-2016 03:52 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 


Reads really haven't changed

I was interested in Xiz's theory about the people I wanted to ping, and it seems valid, but he'll be assured wrong when the time comes

helphelp is a bit sketch imo and likewise to dfr so perhaps those reads changed slightly

V-DBP is interesting and deserves the reread before EoD and again during the next day phase because it can yield more information as night develops

XelNya 02-21-2016 03:53 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4409258)
Fake Edit: Your new read list by example is clearly showing us that you had a "change of intent" and it's a lot more Town-looking than your previous post. Can you explain us why these contrasts in your tone is happening XelNya? If you answer this question in a satisfactory way, you can gain trust from it. So, you do have a reason to take it seriously.

I disagree that it was a change of intent

The intent of that "white noise" reads list was to publicly state where I was in the game.

Then V said something about it and it annoyed me so I went and did some rereading

and I discovered I was being really dumb. There was more to work with than what I thought.

I got what I needed out of posting it. It served a purpose, I'm happy to have said it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4409258)
I can easily answer that one for him. It doesn't match because he doesn't read your content, he reads your intents and they're out of sync with your other posts.

Wanna say I probably don't think that through when posting.

XelNya 02-21-2016 03:55 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4409293)


Reads really haven't changed

I was interested in Xiz's theory about the people I wanted to ping, and it seems valid, but he'll be assured wrong when the time comes

helphelp is a bit sketch imo and likewise to dfr so perhaps those reads changed slightly

V-DBP is interesting and deserves the reread before EoD and again during the next day phase because it can yield more information as night develops


_Zenith_ 02-21-2016 04:00 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4408648)
1. rzr - goddamn it, again


2. Red Blaster - so glad you are here and improved


3. roundbox Killed by SK n0 - fucking fearkilled no doubts, NOTE: rzr tinfoiled this already+


4. Vendetta21 - not touching


5. XelNya - safe


6. Xiz - caution


7. DaBackPack - notre dame


8. Hakulyte - holy shit


9. cedolad - welcome back, enjoy your memes


10. botchi246 - pinged but no value


11. Tokzic Killed by Mafia n0 - rip really wanted to play with you especially after your last game


12. reuben_tate - d1 lynch bait


13. Charu - safe


14. tiloco217 - shirts


15. danceflashrevo - awkward


16. helphelp11 - fresh blood


17. Sinistrosuede - good name, good man in my book


18. _Zenith_ - who allowed him to join?


19. SKG_Scintill - not touching new player

quoting because this is important

XelNya 02-21-2016 04:08 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 

DaBackpack 02-21-2016 04:37 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
I'm not really sure about what to do about tonight

DaBackpack 02-21-2016 04:38 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Did I mention that I totally hate no-cardflips?

tiloco217 02-21-2016 04:49 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Xel is easy town now. There's no way if he was mafia he would make a post about how he actually is posting with a consistent tone and then post something completely different. Also that reads list has enough care in it to make him town on it's own. Doesn't actually help me a whole lot though since I already had him as town by association.

I think I'm going to have to let DBP go for today because I don't have the time (or probably the experience) to put enough pressure on him to really determine his alignment and he seems to be in quite a few town circles atm.

Unfortunately that puts me in a position where all I have is town reads going into EOD and I don't have enough time to put pressure on people.

thesunfan 02-21-2016 05:58 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
I have no idea how to fix the vote counter, and neither does anyone I've asked so I'll be doing good ol' manual counting aorn

thesunfan 02-21-2016 06:01 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
its registering votes that are in bold (these will never be counted don't worry about changing your voting) but isn't picking up anything in the [twgv] tags.

If anyone has an ideas on how to fix this, I'd appreciate it.

thesunfan 02-21-2016 06:36 PM

Vote Count
 
Votes from post 4 to post 862
Night in 4:24:56

---

thesunfan 02-21-2016 06:36 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
If this is not correct, please let me know asap

DaBackpack 02-21-2016 07:46 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
So

DaBackpack 02-21-2016 07:59 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinistrosuede (Post 4408758)
Ooh, all the finger pointings.



First Wife Red Blaster. o-o And doesn't that mean DaPackback might murdify the First Wife? The table's have turnt.

where's the fire?

come back and make posts or else you won't make the quota

XelNya 02-21-2016 08:05 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
[twgv]red blaster [\twgv]

May / may not be back for eod. Work is hell.

XelNya 02-21-2016 08:05 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
.....

red blaster

XelNya 02-21-2016 08:05 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Fuckin phone.

Sinistrosuede 02-21-2016 09:22 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4409326)
where's the fire?
come back and make posts or else you won't make the quota

Okay, so here’s my read on things:

rzr – town
cedolad - town
_Zenith_ - town
SKG_Scintill – town
Charu – most convo, soft play, town?
Vendetta21 – aggressive play, no read
Hakulyte - wants more aggressive play, no read
XelNya – projecting town? Not sure
DaBackpack – if mafia, Xel is town (based on back and forths)
danceflashrevo – potential scum read
helphelp11 – tries to pressure, tries to save face, scum read

Otherwise, no reads.

Sooo based on the whole being-a-bit-quick-on-changing-back-and-forth thing, helphelp11 is my vote.

Sinistrosuede 02-21-2016 09:29 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiloco217 (Post 4409309)
Xel is easy town now. There's no way if he was mafia he would make a post about how he actually is posting with a consistent tone and then post something completely different. Also that reads list has enough care in it to make him town on it's own. Doesn't actually help me a whole lot though since I already had him as town by association.

I think I'm going to have to let DBP go for today because I don't have the time (or probably the experience) to put enough pressure on him to really determine his alignment and he seems to be in quite a few town circles atm.

Unfortunately that puts me in a position where all I have is town reads going into EOD and I don't have enough time to put pressure on people.

I would like to see pressure on DBP. I have a few mixed reads, and pressuring him might clear those up more.

Sinistrosuede 02-21-2016 09:33 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4409328)
.....

red blaster

Dat original tag doe.

helphelp11 02-21-2016 09:48 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Any reads on Red Blaster, Xiz, botchi, reuben, or tiloco or are they just null?

thesunfan 02-21-2016 09:57 PM

EOD Vote Count
 
Votes from post 0 to post 0
Night in 0:00:28

---
:17 good :18 bad

thesunfan 02-21-2016 09:58 PM

Vote Count
 
Votes from post 4 to post 869
Night in 1:02:52

---

thesunfan 02-21-2016 10:01 PM

Vote Count
 
Votes from post 4 to post 875
Night in 0:59:55

---

thesunfan 02-21-2016 10:01 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
WE SHOULD BE GOOD NOW
asdf

XelNya 02-21-2016 10:17 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Oooo

tiloco217 02-21-2016 10:20 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Nothing seems to be happening so I'm going to just put this here dabackpack

Charu 02-21-2016 10:20 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
I'm here now


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution