Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Brütal Legend \m/ (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=113088)

Laharl 10-15-2009 03:37 PM

Brütal Legend \m/

Just beat it. Have to say, it's easily the most fun I've had on a console game in a VERY VERY long time.

For those of you saying "Wait, didn't that come out on Tuesday? You beat it already? TOO SHORT, DO NOT WANT," keep in mind that I had the last two days completely off so it's ALL I'VE BEEN DOING. I didn't find all the secrets but I did all the extra side mission and spent a good 15 to 20 hours with the game, which is more than enough if you ask me.

The gameplay is rock solid (hurr hurr puns). The combat flows nicely, the stage battles are actually quite strategic and fun, and there's plenty of secrets to go find. The extra little stuff outside of the plot are a bit on the tedious side, but I've come to expect that from the open-world adventure genre (like Prototype or Assassin's Creed blah blah). The final battle of the game WAS pretty hard, but I realized it was because I was trying to rush beating it, so when re-trying it today, I kicked it's ass pretty good.

Plot-wise, you'll laugh every minute unless your sense of humor is broken. If you've ever watched Metalocalypse and thought it was funny, the humor is of the same vein. I was almost in tears from laughter after Ozzy made his first cameo in the game. All of the cameos are great, in fact. All of the voice acting was great, too, from Ozzy to Jack Black to Rob Halford to non-rock legends like Jennifer Hale (<3 voice crush alert).

So I suppose it was a "bit on the short side" but it's damn fun, and it's absolutely hilarious. I give it a "very fun game" out of 10.

xealix 10-15-2009 03:45 PM

Re: Brütal Legend \m/

Im getting.

Kibblre 10-15-2009 03:46 PM

I don't even know what type of game this is supposed to be.

I might try the demo if it's still on the XBL Marketplace.

xealix 10-15-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kibblre (Post 3258340)
I don't even know what type of game this is supposed to be.

I might try the demo if it's still on the XBL Marketplace.

RTS/Action Adventure. So that means hack and slash.

Kibblre 10-15-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xealix (Post 3258349)
RTS/Action Adventure. So that means hack and slash.

RTS =/= Hack 'n Slash

RTS = Command and Conquer, Starcraft, etc.

Anyways, I probably go get the demo now that I know it's a Hack 'n Slash.

xealix 10-15-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kibblre (Post 3258352)
RTS =/= Hack 'n Slash

RTS = Command and Conquer, Starcraft, etc.

Anyways, I probably go get the demo now that I know it's a Hack 'n Slash.

No it is also RTS as in stuff like starcraft because you do control units to attack enemies as well. But as for control over your own character it is a hack and slash game. so it combines both elements. you will see when you get the demo.

Kibblre 10-15-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xealix (Post 3258364)
No it is also RTS as in stuff like starcraft because you do control units to attack enemies as well. But as for control over your own character it is a hack and slash game. so it combines both elements. you will see when you get the demo.

Ah, I see what you mean. RTS's aren't my thing, but it still sounds like a cool concept.

OnixRose 10-15-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xealix (Post 3258364)

Similar to Battalion Wars only with swords or melee weapons?

Laharl 10-16-2009 02:05 AM

Never played Battalion Wars.

The way the stage battles works is reminiscent of RTS games. There's a bunch of different units you can create (and when doing multiplayer, 3 factions to choose from), each with strengths and weaknesses. Like, the Bouncer is really good against vehicles but can be overwhelmed fairly easily by units that swarm because they are a huge target. Headbangers are cheap and easy to mass produce, but therefore and very weak to ranged units and can be killed fairly easily by enemy commanders playing a solo.

Don't worry, it's really nothing too complex to grasp. Basically, spam units of pretty much any type and waltz into battle. I'm sure it gets a little crazier online, but for the single player, getting maybe 2 of all the basic units and one of the rest will fill your unit cap and allow you to stomp over anything.

xealix 10-16-2009 02:58 AM

Well regardless of how it all works it looks good either way and im a fan of both RTS and hack and slash. I cant wait to get the game for myself and try it out. Not to mention im a jack black fan as well.

Laharl do you play disgaea by chance? lol

Laharl 10-16-2009 03:28 PM

I joined FFR about a month after the original release on PS2, hence the name. I was way into it at the time.

nunocart 10-20-2009 03:46 PM

brutal legend id really crapy, bad game

Neon Kitten 10-20-2009 04:01 PM

looks like a retarted Guitar hero fighting game.

Azafreak 10-20-2009 04:51 PM

I saw it. This game is for garbage.

bluguerrilla 10-20-2009 05:31 PM

English@last 3 posts. lolsrsly

I'd get it but I don't have a system to play it on... So time to convince my friends to buy it.

MixMasterLar 10-20-2009 07:30 PM

Havent played it yet but I think I'n going to pick it up. Didnt realize it had RTS in it

nunocart 10-21-2009 11:36 AM

it is crapy cause it doesnt make sence, no ofense but, do you think its normal to kill deamons with your guitar???!!!!! no, and the storyline is one of the things that makes part of a good game and this storyline is really bad and stupid

Laharl 10-21-2009 08:43 PM

Things I've learned from the last bunch of posts:

nunucart is either a troll or lacks a sense of humor. I'm leaning toward the former because of how frighteningly bad his spelling is.

Neon Kitten also lacks a sense of humor, and apparently didn't read the first post of the thread.

Azafreak is incapable of backing up any point he/she/it makes.

bluguerrilla and MixMasterLar are awesome people.

xealix 10-21-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laharl (Post 3265822)
Things I've learned from the last bunch of posts:

nunucart is either a troll or lacks a sense of humor. I'm leaning toward the former because of how frighteningly bad his spelling is.

Neon Kitten also lacks a sense of humor, and apparently didn't read the first post of the thread.

Azafreak is incapable of backing up any point he/she/it makes.

bluguerrilla and MixMasterLar are awesome people.

Hey man what about me lol? Anyways if you don't like the game then why check the thread?

phe0nixblade 10-21-2009 08:47 PM

I could've swore I already posted here.. hm. Oh well.
This game definitely looks like a buy for me, I could pick it up for 360 but I'd rather do it for computer. Is it a game for the computer?