Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

inDheart 11-15-2016 01:38 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

oh yoshl was a rb

it looked to me like he was laying down a peek earlier which is part of why i was towning him, so coolish

inDheart 11-15-2016 01:41 PM

finding the source of the arrow is cool though

i wanna see if anyone else was talking about the yoshl post i was thinking of or taking it similarly

inDheart 11-15-2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Ike (Post 4493566)
storn42 has died

MixMasterLar, a Third Party, has achieved his win condition and has been removed from the game. The game will continue as normal.

MixMasterLar, you are Volke. You are a mysterious Thief, without any desire for human communication and an obsession with gathering as much wealth as you can. You have been given a strange contract, one to kill any member of the camp of the Greil Mercenaries after determining the identities of four members. It doesn’t make any sense, but damn, does it pay well. You have even already been given a sizable downpayment.
Each day phase, you may guess the identities of four living players by PMing me your guesses without any penalty to yourself, and you will learn how many of these, if any, are correct. Should you get all four guesses correct, you must kill one of these four players in order to finish your contract.
Each night phase, you may follow someone to their bunks, where you will learn any action they perform, as well as the identities of this person as well as their two nearest bunkmates. Doing so means you cannot be targeted at night, but if the person you are tailing is killed, you will die as well.
You win when you have finished your job. Should you finish your job, you will be removed from the game as their is no purpose to you remaining.

storn42, you are Largo. You are a behemoth of a man, a Berserker to be more specific, who claims to have wrestled two tigers at once and won. You are the mate of Calill, a Sage. You both seem to be pretty content with your accomplishments, no matter how farfetched they seem, one thing is for sure, you and Largo enjoy each other’s company.
You are masoned with [REDACTED], who is Calill. You may discuss whatever you want with them in your private chat, which may be anywhere, so long as I may be present as well. You may discuss here only. You should discuss with one another using whatever means you wish where you want this private chat to be during the pregame phase.

oh

mml's reads/pushes probably useful then too

it's my birthday and i'm not on my computer so this is more like work for me to do later, can't mq on phone

inDheart 11-15-2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 4493568)
Hey I'm sorry for not being around at EoD as promised. I just forgot while revising my report among other things.

Few initial thoughts:
- lol replacement got replaced, sup

- Yoshl's death kind of expected for me since I believe most people were leaning town on him.

- I am curious why dfr was so adamant on GS being town early into the game now.

- I'm pretty safe reading rb town now, I don't think he pushes dfr like that if he's also scum

- Would have been real helpful for MML to help town out at EoD... if he already knew the guesses before n2 that is. Hurrr...

to your third point he could have been setting up his eod claim

to your fifth, all mml needs to care about is his own win con, and it seems like he could learn enough people's names at night anyway, but there's probably something in there

inDheart 11-15-2016 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4493577)
Looks like a little bit of a SOFT here
Did he not end up killing him because of his claim?

i'm having a hell of a time parsing this post

if you mean mml, i don't think he could make a kill by that point if i'm understanding his role

inDheart 11-15-2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493585)
I have four items of varying ability that I may distribute to a player of my choice during a night phase. I know you don't want to believe that because of the no item trading clause, but that is at its core my role.

-o24

imo the no item trading thing doesn't matter if you have to give out items, and can't use them yourself, because before you gift them they're not really items per se

i think the way that thing is worded is just to rule out things like corpselooting and just handing other people items freely without it being part of your role

andy's like a mtg card

inDheart 11-15-2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493627)
Okay, so I did some research on what a scum-aligned santa-type role would entail. Essentially, the scum-aligned equivalent is known as a "Fabricator".

Basically a fabricator can send a fake item to a player of their choice. When used, the fake item backfires on its recipient. So, if the knife that I currently possess is fake, I will end up stabbing myself.

At some point in this phase, I will announce that I'm ready to use this knife, and declare a target (input would be appreciate from the rest of town). I will not use this knife without first announcing it and declaring a target. At that point, if I were to die instead of my target, andy should obviously be lynched at the conclusion of this phase.

I doubt he's a fabricator (because he took responsibility for the gift), but I felt this had to be said since it is still a distinct possibility.

ok

you're clear and andy's clear today because it's probably worth watching this go down

inDheart 11-15-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 4493668)
I'm also pretty willing to believe Andy's claim now too. However I will be more convinced if/when Shado uses his knife. I'm curious what other items he has, but I don't think it's in his best interest to answer.

Pazzaz had a few looming suspicions, on top of the fact that he basically said he was VT after the swap. Would probably be better for wolves to hit people that they suspected had power roles, which Yoshl ended up having.

oh yeah that happened

i like this logic

inDheart 11-15-2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493684)
Precarious I'm really wary of right now. He's in a precarious position for me right now because he posted a lot more in his other games, and would at least chime in about his thoughts on mechanics (to establish a framework for hunting) if he didn't have a lot of time to push or hunt himself.

There's a lot of people on the shitlist this game, though. lol.

Precarious, Vendetta, theknightsofneeee, mellonxcollie, and Tokzic all are conveniently inactive.

Wabby is starting to post more, which is a good sign, but inDheart and XelNya are also lagging. inD made it seem like he was going to be here because of how he spent all of last phase "catching up", but he's conspicuously absent as of yet. Like, you guys should know you're in a bad spot when gold stinger and his dicks have (plural) more thread presence than you.

i blame morpho and my birthday

but i do find it a little odd that xel wasn't around much to actually help put his plan in to motion, y'know?

of your "inactive" list though, nee exists and i don't think i want to port forward that onto his slot. haku's content is what makes him scummy, but he had an excuse for his thread presence

inDheart 11-15-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493687)
Yes. It was both good and hot.
My only problem with it was that it accompanied a vote on juckter instead of Tokzic, but you remedied that in the next post.

Also, Tokzic is weird like that, but usually not this weird.

do you have particular meta on tokzic that makes you think that? i can only think of phoenix wright where he made a kinda silly gambit as vt and did other things like force kitb

in this game his posts practically read normally compared to that one lol

XelNya 11-15-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4493716)
i blame morpho and my birthday

but i do find it a little odd that xel wasn't around much to actually help put his plan in to motion, y'know?

of your "inactive" list though, nee exists and i don't think i want to port forward that onto his slot. haku's content is what makes him scummy, but he had an excuse for his thread presence

I have a shitty personal reason for not having been wanting to be around

but plan in motion?

inDheart 11-15-2016 02:27 PM

gonna be back later to actually put in reading work i mentioned

anyone know a good hard drive summoning ritual?

inDheart 11-15-2016 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4493718)
I have a shitty personal reason for not having been wanting to be around

but plan in motion?

oh hi though

you asked everybody those A/B/C/D questions in your big post and i thoght you were planning to follow up on people's answers

XelNya 11-15-2016 02:37 PM

It was a tool for generating discussion, not a tool for a plan. We probably could have hit a scum role had I executed it better.

But the questions were bad as someone else got me to figure out.

So I dunno what you wanna take from it.

Not a bad way just, stuff.

XelNya 11-15-2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4493565)
you know whats been bugging me. why did dfr vote MML? like he clearly realized that he was going to be lynched, yet instead of trying to self pres with a vote he instead places his vote on some random person and tries to claim seer. its starting to make me think that there is atleast 1 woof between mellon and andy.

Very worth noting, and my money is on mellon without any rereads.

With DFR dead do we look into lynching goldstinger or leave him?

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4493572)
MML has guaranteed check results in his last phases's posts, I guarantee it.

He took out storn, so I'm assuming he guessed all VTs or something? This would be my best guess. Unless his guess is PURELY identity, then I have no idea.

Based on how greggles words the post I'd speculate it was just a guess of player character identity. SHORT OF if he followed someone in the night and learned something they did because MML seems like the type who'd look it up and figure out a comparison of a role.

So I'd say it's worth lookin' into as well. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Ike (Post 4493566)
storn42 has died

MixMasterLar, a Third Party, has achieved his win condition and has been removed from the game. The game will continue as normal.

MixMasterLar, you are Volke. You are a mysterious Thief, without any desire for human communication and an obsession with gathering as much wealth as you can. You have been given a strange contract, one to kill any member of the camp of the Greil Mercenaries after determining the identities of four members. It doesn’t make any sense, but damn, does it pay well. You have even already been given a sizable downpayment.
Each day phase, you may guess the identities of four living players by PMing me your guesses without any penalty to yourself, and you will learn how many of these, if any, are correct. Should you get all four guesses correct, you must kill one of these four players in order to finish your contract.
Each night phase, you may follow someone to their bunks, where you will learn any action they perform, as well as the identities of this person as well as their two nearest bunkmates. Doing so means you cannot be targeted at night, but if the person you are tailing is killed, you will die as well.
You win when you have finished your job. Should you finish your job, you will be removed from the game as their is no purpose to you remaining.

storn42, you are Largo. You are a behemoth of a man, a Berserker to be more specific, who claims to have wrestled two tigers at once and won. You are the mate of Calill, a Sage. You both seem to be pretty content with your accomplishments, no matter how farfetched they seem, one thing is for sure, you and Largo enjoy each other’s company.
You are masoned with [REDACTED], who is Calill. You may discuss whatever you want with them in your private chat, which may be anywhere, so long as I may be present as well. You may discuss here only. You should discuss with one another using whatever means you wish where you want this private chat to be during the pregame phase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 4493576)
It's also interesting why MML would choose storn kill if he knew the identities of all the people he guessed.

I'm a little curious about how the guesses work. I assume what happens is he submits 4 guesses together, and he gets x/4 like mastermind-ish style. Does he get unlimited guesses during the day though (no penalty?)? Or just one set of 4 guesses per day?

And it looks like he only guesses the name of the character (identity)? And not the team? Which means he may not have known which characters on his list were scum or town.

If sunsfan is allowed to clarify on this role, I would definitely like that.

Can't say I'm surprised and him leaving us anything is debatable because it doesn't really matter too much if he does / doesn't.

But it's worth noting he WAS scum hunting so I think there's something in there.

Also why I'm not surprised is storn is kinda butt to read.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4493582)
Also can we speculate why YoshL died over Pazzaz? Unless there was knowledge of his roleblocking power to the wolf crew, I don't see a major reason to pick YoshL over him.

@Pazzaz
Was your Day0 mute a result of your role or from one of DFR's arrows?

o.o

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493586)
man

i can tell already this is gonna be a pain trying to contain my spammy nature.

I'm used to games where I personally post almost 800-1000 posts in a single game which takes 6 days..

lolme

Is spamming that bad if it's all in game work?

Quote:

I have four items of varying ability that I may distribute to a player of my choice during a night phase. I know you don't want to believe that because of the no item trading clause, but that is at its core my role.

-o24

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4493590)
Quote:

-o24

Item providers have no inherent alignment, so we can't necessarily trust you too much at the moment, especially given DFR's very awkward defense of you.
Have we seen any benefit of these items? I don't feel like I've seen anything noteworthy.

No but we do have the ability to remove andy from the table today with this post, because scum teams will NOT want an item vendor laying around if they're not on their team. TLDR: I'm not clearing him but wolves not killing him tonight after this is now public is a sign he's prob not town aligned.

Would like to denote he for a new player is also carefully wording his post to not touch the wording of his PM so coaching might be there. (He is new right, that's not a dumb misassumption on my end?)

Why has no one asked Andy for the list of items given yet? (Not sure if it';s in town's interest to share the who.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493594)
Okay, then. I had to be sure (hence the softer approach to andy today), but I currently possess a knife.

Oh. What's that one do in this game?

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493602)
I'm not sure how much I can say without being modkilled lol. First game excuse, etc, etc.

-o24

Smart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493608)
I'm reading it as a town role, so I'm trying to help you guys. I figured giving you the knife would hopefully clear up your suspicion of item gifting and help to clear me from MML's push. Which admittedly, I worded my reasoning poorly.

-o24

Slowly liking andy more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493613)
I don't have a win condition inherent in the PM. So it feels VERY town to me.

-o24

Sorry but that can't be true. Vanilla town, third party, wolf, mafia, even in a mystery game all have standard win conditions in them.

This is just a common trait of games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4493615)
For my sanity, here are the LIVING PLAYERS:

13 players

Gonna guess there's two more wolves and a jester.

This game would be cripplingly boring without a jester-like role in it.

Mellon are you a jester? Is that why Zenith was being an insufferable pile of garbage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493621)
(thought process: "what questions?! ohhhhhhh--)

Roundbox looks really good coming out of EoD, and is the only player I'd "clear" based on DFR's wagon and lynch.

I'm not a very fast poster for the most part, but EoD I tend to use both my phone and my computer to make sure I'm caught up. If you look at the times, I posted twice about CFDing onto Andy (reasoning being his impossible roleclaim that he's since clarified) in one minute, and the whole DFR wagon happened in one minute the minute before.

It wasn't a post about "items" that ripped me off my wagon. Items are on, so a post about them is alright, but I thought itemsharing/gifting was explicitly off in the OP until I received a knife this morning and went "oh". I started the wagon on andy because I thought he was lying about his role, so he had to be scum, and guaranteed scum is better than possible scum, hence my CFD.

Also, if you have time to be asking me those questions, you have time to be reading D0 and D1. I think that'd be a more effective way to scumhunt than anything else atm.

Unless, of course, you're not really trying to scumhunt and are just wanting to be visible and push around a little bit to make it seem like you are.

HAVING NOT READ EOD AS OF THIS POST YET

is there a particular post that identifies roundbox as the best clear out of the wagon? I just wanna know so when I reread I can look for anything against it.

If that makes sense

As I'm prob gonna read it after work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493627)
Okay, so I did some research on what a scum-aligned santa-type role would entail. Essentially, the scum-aligned equivalent is known as a "Fabricator".

Basically a fabricator can send a fake item to a player of their choice. When used, the fake item backfires on its recipient. So, if the knife that I currently possess is fake, I will end up stabbing myself.

At some point in this phase, I will announce that I'm ready to use this knife, and declare a target (input would be appreciate from the rest of town). I will not use this knife without first announcing it and declaring a target. At that point, if I were to die instead of my target, andy should obviously be lynched at the conclusion of this phase.

I doubt he's a fabricator (because he took responsibility for the gift), but I felt this had to be said since it is still a distinct possibility.

MY FUCKING GOD YES.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4493630)
Hi Xel, Pazzaz.

I assume you'll each have some thoughts to share after reading up?

I mean, it's hard to imagine you wouldn't. There's the NK flip and a new face in thread.

The new face is cool, hope they join us in more games. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4493632)
I think both andy & Shado are lock clear town after the latest interaction, at least until Shado does something with the knife. If knife doesn't backfire or something, then yeah it would make sense that andy would be wolf in this case. But at the same time, Mad Dummy says that usually the similar scum-aligned role usually only has 1 or 2 of those items, where andy says he's got 4.

I'm inclined to believe that Shado & andy are both town here, and andy just outed himself hardcore.

Both Precarious, and vendetta are being inactive as fuck and look super scummy as fuck that it's d2 and still neither of them have got a fucking reads list going for themselves.

I like both inDheart & wineandbread's reads and are both being super analytical of the game in nature, so I don't really think either of them are wolves, but one could be copying the other since they have both crazily similar read styles. I'd town-lean both of them for right now.

I honestly think my top scum read right now is Pazzaz. Some people have said earlier that his role is more often than not scum-aligned, he hasn't made all that good of counterarguments against AA dying, and still doesn't drop me some fucking critical information regarding his d0 thoughts, although he should have been bursting out the oiseau with them.

Will probably be reading over roundbox's and Xelnya's stuff today, although I will say that I feel a little bit better about roundbox after tonight's lynch.

What shado is doing is good because we can clear andy out of it as well, and Andy made a seemingly smart choice of giving it to shado.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4493643)
Xelnya come Xelnya go

Yup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 4493669)
Right now I think pressure on precarious/mellon would be best

If they're inactive though then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I suggest shado kniffe mellon on thoughts from an earlier part of this post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4493676)
Trying to determine if DFR was trying to spew clear GS or just tried to sound legit

It was probably to sound legit. Hm.

I don't think a push on Pazzaz will accomplish anything. Pressure on mellonxcollie will, though. People are conveniently forgetting how easy she slipped out of the spotlight as SK last game even as someone who was habitually absent.

Trust me, I haven't forgotten the recent game either.

I think a kniffe on mellon BECAUSE OF ZENITH would be better than lynching her.

XelNya 11-15-2016 02:54 PM

I'll try to pop in during work today.

XelNya 11-15-2016 02:56 PM

On the last part about knifing mellon, I have not again read EoD so anything she's said is NOT in my reasoning.

Pazzaz 11-15-2016 03:02 PM

Xel, read the first post. Isn't a fool/jester role in the game.