Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   [Concluded] Reluctantly Accepting Spontaneous Contests (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=139636)

FFR Events 11-6-2014 12:03 AM

Reluctantly Accepting Spontaneous Contests

When it comes to an official tournament, rigorous deliberation takes place to ensure released content is of the highest caliber. Of course, we wish to emulate this as accurately as possible when creating officially sanctioned events throughout the tournament. This got us to thinking, what is a file people play over and over, a timeless classic spanning through the level ranks of an arrow smasher of any division?

Reluctantly Accepting Spontaneous Contests

For all of you who have decided to take a crack at the official this year, here is a simple little contest to accompany this round! If you want to get your hands on a little extra bounty, all you have to do is...AAA Reluctantly Accepting Temporary Overexhaustion.

"But wait!" You say, a bit confused. "That's way too hard! How do you expect anyone to do that?"

Fear not stock community member, for this is a challenge regarding rates! You will be tasked with getting this AAA on a specific rate, depending on your division within the tournament. Your rate will be as follows:

D1: .1 Rate (Up to note 800)
D2: .2 Rate (Up to note 1200)
D3: .3 Rate (Full song)
D4: .4 Rate (Full song)
D5: .5 Rate (Full song)
D6: .6 Rate (Full song)
D7: .7 Rate (Full song)

Once you've got the run, post a screenshot or replay of the score in this thread.

Prizes:

So by now I'm sure you're wondering exactly what it is you'll be getting if you manage to pull this feat off.

All users who achieve the AAA on RATO based on the stipulations of their division will receive a cool 15k credits. In addition to this, you will be put into a raffle for a chance to win your choice of an event or support token! There will be 5 of these lucky winners, so odds are it could be you!

For those who can't quite pull off the AAA you can still submit your score for a consolation prize! For each good you get, you'll lose 1k credits (rounded to the nearest good, as of course averages / misses / and boos will factor in). This will have a minimum cap of 1k credits however, so no matter what you can still get something if you just can't get that run.

This contest will conclude once the sixth round of the official tournament ends (November 12th 2014, 10:59pm Server Time).
Good luck!

FFR Events 11-6-2014 12:04 AM

Re: Reluctantly Accepting Spontaneous Contests

Spreadsheet

Updated to post #57

dashoe93 11-6-2014 12:13 AM

The notes are all messed up and the graphical glitch is even more apparent. A+

Maybe I'll get it I don't know.

Tim Allen 11-6-2014 12:14 AM

reluctantly accepting you'll be lagging the entire run with fp 10+ and trying to squeeze out a decent score

~Zeta~ 11-6-2014 12:31 AM

still gay. placeholder maybe.

fuck those rolls holy shit

hi19hi19 11-6-2014 12:49 AM

Interesting challenge. Makes you really appreciate just how fucked up the frames are in this file.
Might go for the AAA some other time.

hi19hi19 11-6-2014 12:51 AM

Also holy shit poor D3 has to play a 5 minute file of slow distorted buzzes.

rip

Telnaior 11-6-2014 12:55 AM

Do you have to get it on exactly the rate specified, or can you choose a higher rate for the sake of making it slightly more tolerable? (0.1x makes my ears bleed)

Guest15937 11-6-2014 12:57 AM

I didn't think anyone would be doing this with the sound on

ShurykaN 11-6-2014 01:53 AM

:s

beeattack 11-6-2014 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telnaior (Post 4229320)
Do you have to get it on exactly the rate specified, or can you choose a higher rate for the sake of making it slightly more tolerable? (0.1x makes my ears bleed)

This and because 7.5 mins is an unbearably long time.

Unrelated: I really wish my computer was better at registering triples.

reuben_tate 11-6-2014 02:08 AM

I tried

EDIT:
Better, just gotta not good rush the bursts

gold stinger 11-6-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Allen (Post 4229297)
reluctantly accepting you'll be lagging the entire run with fp 10+ and trying to squeeze out a decent score

this

KillerScythe0 11-6-2014 07:26 AM

Yeah... i don't think this is what anyone in D1 needs... but hey, I'll give it a try!

Red Blaster 11-6-2014 07:46 AM

How about if we AAA it on rates, we just get the AAA credit? I'd take that over a token :cool:

_DJ Vinyl_ 11-6-2014 08:26 AM

Wow I would love to do this I want to get at least chik habit. I have an acceptable challenge

BestMte 11-6-2014 12:41 PM

I don't know if this counts as 2-0-0-1 considering that I had to stop at 1200. I have a replay if you need video proof.

TheSaxRunner05 11-6-2014 03:56 PM

I have lag trouble on FP 10.0 as well, is there anyway we can ever do rates in 9.0? Doesn't seem likely, but that would be great.

awein999 11-6-2014 04:42 PM

that end is so brutal

_DJ Vinyl_ 11-6-2014 05:52 PM

Nope