Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Flash Flash Revolution Drama (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152277)

Wind0ze 08-31-2020 05:37 PM

Flash Flash Revolution Drama

What are your takes on it? Do you actively pursue this stuff as a hobby?
Perhaps you enjoy certain threads or posts from certain users and then just so happen to get drawn into the dram.
Do you go balls to the walls and spend your day amidst it all, even becoming part of it?

Id like to see your takes on it. Personally I can't stand all of the hate that flies around. In my opinion it only serves to waste time that could be better spent making more entertaining content. However, some people LOVE that shit and it's the best form of entertainment for them.
Sup?

trumaestro 08-31-2020 05:39 PM

Re: Flash Flash Revolution Drama

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosh (Post 4477625)
Social media drama is a good spectator sport.

Flash Flash Revolution drama is a good spectator sport.

mi40 08-31-2020 05:39 PM

jersyshorer

mellonxcollie 08-31-2020 05:51 PM

Here is why your opinion is objectively wrong:

1. arguing with people is fun
2. you get to type a lot of posts and practice typing speed
3. drama is fun to remember and look back on years down the line and read the posts and think "wow everyone is stupid as hell including myself"
4. maybe you just can't argue very well. You need top tier argument skills to participate in Flash Flash Revolution drama

Charu 08-31-2020 05:53 PM

Sometimes, when I'm alone, I hear the sounds of Excite Bike blasting in my ear.

Fuck you FFR

WirryWoo 08-31-2020 06:24 PM

I personally dislike it. Being online makes it easier to just go and do something different and enjoy your time there. I have more important things to worry about than argue with others about something generally no one will care about in the near future.

Being online also makes it easier to create friction with others, so I know some people (not necessarily on FFR) who enjoys trolling and stirring up drama because there are no consequences for their actions.

It depends on the person. No right or wrong answers here.

XelNya 08-31-2020 07:19 PM

We have drama here?

Bolth mannn 08-31-2020 07:22 PM

Sometimes when I’m having a bad day in real life I like to come here and abuse people

Dynam0 08-31-2020 07:23 PM

Here's a technique I've been using lately (I actually did it just now too!)

1) Start typing out your ACTUAL opinion about something. Be honest, they're your own thoughts dammit!

2) Proofread the post and check to make sure your context and tone are clear and in line with your true feelings.

3) Check to see if the post is going to cause backlash / negative reactions.

4) Now this is the fun part, depending on the result of the check in Step 3, a few things could happen depending on the person:
a) The result in Step 3 is NO, there won't be negative feedback. So post away!
b) The result in Step 3 is YES, there will be negative feedback. Simply clear your text box and go about your business knowing that you had all of your thoughts laid out but "did the right thing" and kept your mouth shut.
c) The result in Step 3 is YES, there will be negative feedback. But who gives a fuck? 1st amendment, free speech, all that jazz. If they don't like it, too bad because it needed to be said!
d) The result in Step 3 is...I DONT KNOW... at this point if you choose to post without anticipating the response you'll leave yourself open to a range of responses that will likely catch you by surprise. You can choose to post or not but I would err on the side of caution here and hold my tongue. There's no telling what unintended damage could be done! On the flipside, maybe you're just clueless and don't mean any offense. In which case I would say what's the harm in posting and learning from it?
e) There's also just trolls who will ensure that the result of Step 3 is always YES and post solely for the reactions they receive.

icontrolyourworld 08-31-2020 07:53 PM

i avoid posting anything longer than a sentence to avoid any potential drama :P
even then that doesn't always work so GG!

XelNya 08-31-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynam0 (Post 4741772)
b) The result in Step 3 is YES, there will be negative feedback. Simply clear your text box and go about your business knowing that you had all of your thoughts laid out but "did the right thing" and kept your mouth shut.

You do know that with how you worded this, anything that could be a differing opinion could be construed as "negative feedback" and therefore, you have failed to follow your own process?

Right? Like, this isn't lost on you?

Go back to your padded walls and little plush dolls.

Fucking idiot.

gold stinger 08-31-2020 07:58 PM

gold stinger 08-31-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4741780)
You do know that with how you worded this, anything that could be a differing opinion could be construed as "negative feedback" and therefore, you have failed to follow your own process?

Fucking idiot.

I'mma say this once and head out; People probably wouldn't argue with you as much as they do now, if you weren't so aggressive in wording and more collected in discussions, ya dig? My 2 cents is it undermines your response and how seriously people take you but hey, you do you.

mellonxcollie 08-31-2020 08:06 PM

what you got against plush dolls, xel? do you only approve of vinyl figures???

XelNya 08-31-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4741784)
I'mma say this once and head out; People probably wouldn't argue with you as much as they do now, if you weren't so aggressive in wording and more collected in discussions, ya dig? My 2 cents is it undermines your response and how seriously people take you but hey, you do you.

I've written clear and concisely before but it comes off super cold, which is also a bad way to respond. I just, am not that great here, and no amount of work into it has really helped. But I get your point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4741786)
what you got against plush dolls, xel? do you only approve of vinyl figures???

I have several stuffed animals myself, but stuffed animals didn't flow as well.

Say it out-loud, it's super satisfying. It sort of rhymes.

Dynam0 08-31-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4741780)

Fucking idiot.

LOL holy shit the artist of the worst modern FFR chart reacted to my post !

It's pretty common knowledge that the product of your intelligence and charm is the lowest out of anyone on this site. But congrats you've managed to make me talk to a brick wall at least that's something

Funnygurl555 08-31-2020 09:09 PM

stop it

Charu 08-31-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynam0 (Post 4741802)
LOL holy shit the artist of the worst modern FFR chart reacted to my post !

It's pretty common knowledge that the product of your intelligence and charm is the lowest out of anyone on this site. But congrats you've managed to make me talk to a brick wall at least that's something

Now THIS is Flash Flash Revolution Drama [MegaCuTiE MIX] (Oni)

psychoangel691 08-31-2020 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 4741777)
i avoid posting anything longer than a sentence to avoid any potential drama :P
even then that doesn't always work so GG!

God don't you have anything better to do than post a sentence.

I love you, please don't hurt me

ilikexd 08-31-2020 09:41 PM

I don't understand why FFR never enforces, as far as I can tell, permanent bans for consistent and repeated (say over a decade) toxic behavior. You are simply allowed to be a toxic asshole, get a short temporary ban if you're unlucky, and then go back to your same behavior, all with no real lasting consequence or disincentive. I know that the community is very small and so most people know each other quite closely, many even on a personal level, but still.