Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   He's back (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153050)

FFR Pro 21 04-25-2021 12:46 AM

Re: He's back

Oh damn! I remember watching all his old StepMania videos a long time ago of him crushing hard charts.

kmay 04-25-2021 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 4760261)
I've seen some of it and it is pretty unbelievable.

Certainly back in the day I figured players would surpass what people like you, thaor or myself were doing but...not to that extent lol.

my god back in the day I wanted to be you guys

I didn't get into SM while playing index though just on FFR and I was never anything special but I had goals to be at one point lol

Phynx 04-25-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4760241)
that's a name I've heard of never got damn, this history is before me.

Ya' fuckin' young bucks missed out on all the juicy good times. I feel bad for you lol. Thaor was basically Myuka to the 4-key community back in the late first decade of the new millennium. Only a few others could rival him as far as I remember.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 4760261)
*exists*

Dude what?! I remember you from that era but I had no idea you were here on FFR. WTF. The 17 year old in me kind of fanboying right now, not gonna lie.

kmay 04-25-2021 03:46 PM

Oh Phynx you must not have played much index... if you every talked about being index in MP back in the day they called you trash for not being as good as Reach lolol

Bahamut-X 04-25-2021 08:44 PM

What the heck!?!? Thaor? Lol this is so random.

I can't remember many people having the same jack-hammering ability he did back in the day. Maybe wooke?

James May 04-25-2021 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynam0 (Post 4760215)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...Rje1-j-MecuWnQ

Pogs

for context this dude was top tier mania man of the 2000's, he's now pushing 40 and coming back to activity

holy fuck Thaor's back o.o

Phynx 04-25-2021 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmay (Post 4760281)
Oh Phynx you must not have played much index... if you every talked about being index in MP back in the day they called you trash for not being as good as Reach lolol

I never did any index honestly. Felt like the skill wall would come too early for me lmao. But yeah, I only ever heard of Reach, I didn't actually know he was around FFR. How I missed that is glaring.

-paexaea- 04-25-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahamut-X (Post 4760287)

I can't remember many people having the same jack-hammering ability he did back in the day. Maybe wooke?

Holy FUCK Bahamut, long time no see.

Flossy_ 04-25-2021 10:46 PM

yooo wtf

Hakulyte 04-25-2021 11:09 PM

This thread feels like taking a time traveling machine and going back to like 2005.

Reach 04-26-2021 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phynx (Post 4760291)
I never did any index honestly. Felt like the skill wall would come too early for me lmao. But yeah, I only ever heard of Reach, I didn't actually know he was around FFR. How I missed that is glaring.

I am most definitely here...

Though I haven't played in eons.

I've contemplated playing again on and off but it's something I'm not sure I have time for.

Charu 04-26-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4760241)
that's a name I've heard of never got damn, this history is before me.

You're not alone, my dude.

I may have registered during the time, but I wasn't like... super active or anything to make note of this person, dohoho.

Phynx 04-26-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 4760305)
I am most definitely here...

Though I haven't played in eons.

I've contemplated playing again on and off but it's something I'm not sure I have time for.

Right on. It's probably for the best that I wasn't acutely aware of your existence here back then. I tended to annoy those around me often lol.

I'm riding that same wave of issue that you are. I decided to start playing again right as my work season began and now I hardly have time to play. Agricultural work isn't a job, it's a life. You don't get time for anything else lol.

Mahou 04-26-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahamut-X (Post 4760287)

Your videos is what got me to play stepmania.

Coolboyrulez0 04-26-2021 10:42 AM

yooooooooo

f 04-26-2021 11:35 PM

now i can delete the songs folder

Bahamut-X 04-27-2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4760311)
Your videos is what got me to play stepmania.

Thanks for saying that. It's nice to know I was able to inspire some people to embrace the game.

The nostalgia present here has actually made me consider trying to get back into the game. I've heard of something called etterna - is that what most people are using now as opposed to the official stepmania build? Also, what's the preferred method for sharing scores & videos these days (outside of the good old brag board)? I see Thaor's going old fashioned with youtube, but I imagine DMCA concerns could potentially complicate this, or make something like twitch streaming basically impossible. Lastly, what are the main community hubs? FFR seems to be pretty inactive. Are people using discord now / some other site?

SubaruPoptart 04-27-2021 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahamut-X (Post 4760360)
Thanks for saying that. It's nice to know I was able to inspire some people to embrace the game.

The nostalgia present here has actually made me consider trying to get back into the game. I've heard of something called etterna - is that what most people are using now as opposed to the official stepmania build? Also, what's the preferred method for sharing scores & videos these days (outside of the good old brag board)? I imagine DMCA concerns have made it more difficult for uploading videos to youtube, or near impossible for something like twitch streaming? Lastly, what are the main community hubs? FFR seems to be pretty inactive. Are people using discord now / some other site?

For YouTube the only issues I've faced so far are just copyright claims, no real strikes so far. I haven't faced any issues on Twitch that I know of yet.

A thing I saw another Guitar Hero streamer say is that as long as highlights or clips don't exist on your Twitch stream, I think it should be OK? I'm not too-too sure on that, though.

And yeah Discord is what most people use that I'm aware of. I see a lot more activity there, anyway.

EDIT: Oh also some songs will get blocked in Denmark on YouTube for some reason. I don't know if they still do but it was a thing for a bit and I found it very humorous

katanaeyegaming 04-27-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4760361)
For YouTube the only issues I've faced so far are just copyright claims, no real strikes so far. I haven't faced any issues on Twitch that I know of yet.

A thing I saw another Guitar Hero streamer say is that as long as highlights or clips don't exist on your Twitch stream, I think it should be OK? I'm not too-too sure on that, though.

And yeah Discord is what most people use that I'm aware of. I see a lot more activity there, anyway.

EDIT: Oh also some songs will get blocked in Denmark on YouTube for some reason. I don't know if they still do but it was a thing for a bit and I found it very humorous

why denmark of all places?

SubaruPoptart 04-27-2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katanaeyegaming (Post 4760362)
why denmark of all places?

NO idea but it'd always be Lindsey Stirling or some other Monstercat song it was so funny

I'd always look forward to seeing if Denmark would block the next song I'd upload