Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Indexjawns (Index pack idea) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=136239)

EtienneSM 04-7-2014 12:51 PM

Indexjawns (Index pack idea)

I've always been wanting to make an index pack, but I sure know that it would take me a while to make so many files by myself, not to mention I'm terrible at making simfiles, even when it comes to just streams. I know the index community is rather small but it'd be nice for new packs for indexers as well (No hate on Jim, your pack was amazing <3.) Anyways, I was thinking of gathering up all of the index community and maybe some other steppers to make an index collaboration pack. This could also be good for people that want to get good at fast streams for spread as well.

Pack title is subject to chance (Couldn't think of anything original, lol)

Requirements

-Difficulty must be from 18-36.

Anything harder than a 36, message me about it and I'll see what I can do. Anything less than a 18, it either has to be either a joke file or a really technical file.

Don't worry about not being accurate about difficulties that are over 25+. I'll probably leave that to Jim considering he's pretty based at rating songs.

- No less than 1:00

I don't mind seeing a short file being done, just not anything under a minute. Go crazy for making a long file, as long as it's fun or is just a really long stamina song.

-Lower difficulties if necessary

If you're going to step a file that's a 25+, two lower difficulties are required, no exceptions.

I'm not looking for anything top-notch. If it's fun to play, I'll take it. I'll post reviews once the judges and I play the files.

Date of release

I would like about 25-30 files by October 31st. If we get more, that'd be amazing. If we don't reach our goal by then, I'll push the date later back.

I apologize if this is a dumb pack idea, this is just something I've been wanting to do for a while. If you're going to step a song, just tell me and I'll put your name in the simfile author list.

Send your files to: Indexjawns@yahoo.com

kommisar 04-7-2014 12:52 PM

Re: Indexjawns (Index pack idea)

nobody will submit except maybe me tsuker and macg

it's not a bad idea it's just literally nobody plays index anymore. it was a dying breed 7 years ago and it's even less present now.

EtienneSM 04-7-2014 12:52 PM

Second post reserved for files, authors, reviews, etc.
Edit: Well, I guess third post now, lmao.

Judges

Rebirth0
Aoero
EtienneSM

Submissions

Ghost House (rCaliberGX)
Weed Circulation (rCaliberGX)
Intense Torture (Dossar)
What's My Name (Scintill)
Destruction Armaggedon (Ziemniax)

Accepted files

Ghost House (rCaliberGX)
Intense Torture (Dossar)
Destruction Armaggedon (Ziemniax)

Reviews

EtienneSM's Reviews

Ghost House (rCaliberGX): This file was a lot of fun actually, didn't go overboard with anything and kept it pretty straightforward. Accepted

Weed Circulation (rCaliberGX): Not a fan of the first half of this chart, double steps during the 240 bursts, oddly stepped drills, etc. With some revision for the intro and the end of the file, I'll probably take it. For now, Not accepted

Intense Torture (Dossar): Damn, this chart has some intense crossovers. Pretty fun though once you have it down. Never had a crossover chart for index but now I do. Accepted

Destruction Armaggedon (Ziemniax): Expert chart: Pretty challenging, rating seems accurate and just overall fun to play. Expert chart: Nice patterns, accurate rating, and flows nice with the song. Stamdard chart: Probably my favorite chart out of the three, loved the patterns in this one and was pretty fun. Accepted

EtienneSM 04-7-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 4112367)

I know a few people that will, and lol ninja'd.

I know SmMaxx, Prolix, Aoero, Fraxtil, Xynn, Ziemniax, Chino, and I play index. That's all I can think of on the top of my head. I know a few chileans play index as well.

Arntonach 04-7-2014 01:02 PM

A lot of pad players still play index, mostly on the BMS and ZIV side of the SM world. It's just the KB community that's not too into it.

I'd submit simfiles to this, but both of my index files were 10 on the old scale and probably 6 or 7 on the nps scale. The hell kind of index charts are you asking for? :/

EtienneSM 04-7-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arntonach (Post 4112372)
A lot of pad players still play index, mostly on the BMS and ZIV side of the SM world. It's just the KB community that's not too into it.

I'd submit simfiles to this, but both of my index files were 10 on the old scale and probably 6 or 7 on the nps scale. The hell kind of index charts are you asking for? :/

Considering almost every index player plays songs that are 21+, or we just rate mod pad files, so I'm looking for harder stuff. Anything less than an 18, I would just consider your average pad file. Index is a KB style so I'm looking for stuff that's meant for KB and not pad as much.

Arntonach 04-7-2014 01:17 PM

You want difficult index files? That's a bit narrow of a scope for a simfile pack, isn't it?

Izzy 04-7-2014 01:18 PM

I think I could probably help with this. Sounds like a good idea.

EtienneSM 04-7-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arntonach (Post 4112380)
You want difficult index files? That's a bit narrow of a scope for a simfile pack, isn't it?

That's almost all the index community plays, lmao.

The people that say 22 or less play 19's/20's at the most I believe.

Izzy 04-7-2014 01:26 PM

I don't understand this difficulty scale. What is this based on?

dAnceguy117 04-7-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

it's not a bad idea it's just literally nobody plays index anymore. it was a dying breed 7 years ago and it's even less present now.

you might be surprised. the only skype groups I'm in which talk about SM now and then have focused on index lately.

Rebirth0 04-7-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Hey now, until I stopped making files, like 80% of my files were close to indexable. Especially if you turn off hands. That's probably a reason why people thought my files were primitive and not as good in 2008 - 2011.

I'd help out with this btw. Judge and MAYBE submit

Izzy 04-7-2014 01:35 PM

I'll probably submit some files. For some reason I just have the urge to play index and make some more difficult index based files.

I could probably help judge or suggest what kind of guidelines are needed to be considered an index file.

emulord 04-7-2014 01:37 PM

Strangeprogram (ffr) is the hardest index chart I play. I think you're overestimating the difficulties that people like for index. Id consider going down to 12

ilikexd 04-7-2014 01:41 PM

i play index now since cts makes one-handed trilling ultimate pain, and have some cool stuff to submit to this

Quote:

Originally Posted by emulord (Post 4112393)
Strangeprogram (ffr) is the hardest index chart I play. I think you're overestimating the difficulties that people like for index. Id consider going down to 12

wat

EtienneSM 04-7-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 4112391)
I'll probably submit some files. For some reason I just have the urge to play index and make some more difficult index based files.

I could probably help judge or suggest what kind of guidelines are needed to be considered an index file.

If you want a good idea for modern-index files, look into Aoero's Index Jawn, I tried applying some of the stuff from there to my files but they never work out, lol. So if you could give me a few pointers, that'd be awesome.

http://divinelegy.com/simfiles/aoreo...dex%20Jawn.zip

And if you could help judge, that'd be awesome, same with you, Rebirth as well.

And Emulord, FFR's Strangeprogram would be considered a 17. A 12 is something lots of people can do on pad. This pack is meant for index.

Izzy 04-7-2014 01:48 PM

What does "Jawn" even mean?

Wafles 04-7-2014 01:49 PM

I will submit a few to this. I have some ideas. Don't expect much harder than 19 or 20 from me.

Should help my motivation to get better at index as well.

James May 04-7-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 4112400)
What does "Jawn" even mean?

some third world term that was given a definition to in urban dictionary.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jawn

kommisar 04-7-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtienneSM (Post 4112374)
Considering almost every index player plays songs that are 21+, or we just rate mod pad files, so I'm looking for harder stuff. Anything less than an 18, I would just consider your average pad file. Index is a KB style so I'm looking for stuff that's meant for KB and not pad as much.

this is a misconception

REAL index players don't always play hardpain fast footspeed songs. They play songs that are still relatively technical and have jump patterns to make it a little more demanding.

see duplica's tinkerbot battle and risky boots files