Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149562)

Xiz 08-17-2018 02:01 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

I'm not happy with some of the grain in the top right corner... but at least the refractions / light bounces match up pretty nicely to water normally.

Its related to this game cuz uh... its... sunfans tears. yeah that.

Xiz 08-17-2018 02:02 AM

oh dang it was bottompaged rip me

Tps222 08-17-2018 02:08 AM

Well I'm caught up now, but god damn is there a lot of shit posting going on, is this what the current meta of TWG is like on day 1? : \ This will be a longer post because it's easier for me to get everything out that way and will probably be how I post for the most part this game.

I'm guessing that people treat day 0/1's now as a crapshoot to lynch almost anyone and then analyze the card flip and review how people interacted with that person?

I'm used to games where the the most productive early game discussion dealt with the role mechanics and what optimal strats were surrounding them, but maybe this format has been played to death so much with the current group that it's not necessary anymore?

What I currently see are a lot of people analyzing current behavior as compared to previous games and established meta of fellow players. I obviously can't use an analysis of how far anyone has strayed from that past meta, so I'm going to go off people who are seizing easy opportunities to call out strange behavior for now.

With that mind, Sunfan calling me out multiple times was weird, but indheart and xiz were the first ones to call him out on that, after his 4th of 5th post doing so. They both posted pretty safe/neutral takes on it initially though, which doesn't really accomplish much in my mind other than just bringing attention to the fact that they're suspicious of Sunfan. That created an opening for Gradiant to submit a counter-opinion, and then there's some back and forth that doesn't accomplish much until it shifts into another subject.

In my mind one of those 3 are likely a wolf then, it just seems like an opportunity for someone to gain townie points without putting themselves at risk. I'll be curious to see how they react here and probably base my vote off of what I see from that.

Funnygurl555 08-17-2018 02:41 AM

XIZ THAT LOOKS SO COOL

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tps222 (Post 4642077)
Well I'm caught up now, but god damn is there a lot of shit posting going on, is this what the current meta of TWG is like on day 1? : \ This will be a longer post because it's easier for me to get everything out that way and will probably be how I post for the most part this game.

I'm guessing that people treat day 0/1's now as a crapshoot to lynch almost anyone and then analyze the card flip and review how people interacted with that person?

I'm used to games where the the most productive early game discussion dealt with the role mechanics and what optimal strats were surrounding them, but maybe this format has been played to death so much with the current group that it's not necessary anymore?

The mechanics thing will occasionally pop up for weird games, but usually we don't spend much time there

for me personally, I find preoccupation with the setup/mechanics scummy since it has historically been used by wolves to give them something to "talk about" that's not actually solving the game.

your assessment is pretty accurate. First lynch is usually a miss, but scumhunting on D0 is still valuable because it sets interactions into motion

blindreper1179 08-17-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642065)
not really liking this. the top two points were the main stuff going on even though you're saying it's mainly shitposting. And then just super vague stuff like 'weird' does nothing to show us that you're involved, especially when things being 'weird' also does nothing in terms of you have any sort of leans. I'd say that's more annoying actually.

I did say mostly.. not entirely. I am involved, but reading 22 pages straight left me little room to absorb it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642071)
is this a real read or are you joking?

Real again dbp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4642073)
what were you filming? :D

Legally cant say until release.

Celirra 08-17-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642080)
The mechanics thing will occasionally pop up for weird games, but usually we don't spend much time there

for me personally, I find preoccupation with the setup/mechanics scummy since it has historically been used by wolves to give them something to "talk about" that's not actually solving the game.

your assessment is pretty accurate. First lynch is usually a miss, but scumhunting on D0 is still valuable because it sets interactions into motion

I think it depends on different stuff though, in more closed setups I think discussing mechanics is more beneficial to have common ground on (eg. "Who should the vigi shoot?" or handling seer cover, etc)... of course this game I dont think it's super duper useful at least not yet. Might be needed next phase though

who_cares973 08-17-2018 09:29 AM

How likely is it that blind would mention the detective thing on his own? How likely is it that he would put actual weight on something like that for a vote?

inDheart 08-17-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642068)
sorry but the way this is worded is confusing me and i have no idea what you're getting at

you say you talked about already having been annoyed earlier in thread about people just kinda weakly indicating suspicions with nothing to back them up

but the way you're saying dbp was responding to posts (vague, to look invested) could also mean he just didn't read your post about it. if he did, he could have made that "sneaky feeling" post to bait you specifically, but him continuously saying here he'd want anyone to respond to it means that's not what he wanted

so if i read it right, you thought you could be baited by that specifically, but weren't really, if i'm looking at it from his side
+ you're right about dbp's catchup being pretty vague and uninspired then

this prodding from him just seems. bad, but would he do it (to the people he is doing it to, as well) as a wolf
i don't really wanna talk about it too much for reasons but i think it puts him on particular wolf teams if he is a wolf, and makes you more likely town

inDheart 08-17-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642070)
oh well

I still have scumleans on those two

lol

who_cares973 08-17-2018 09:32 AM

Blind how afraid are you of sunfan

inDheart 08-17-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tps222 (Post 4642077)

What I currently see are a lot of people analyzing current behavior as compared to previous games and established meta of fellow players. I obviously can't use an analysis of how far anyone has strayed from that past meta, so I'm going to go off people who are seizing easy opportunities to call out strange behavior for now.

With that mind, Sunfan calling me out multiple times was weird, but indheart and xiz were the first ones to call him out on that, after his 4th of 5th post doing so. They both posted pretty safe/neutral takes on it initially though, which doesn't really accomplish much in my mind other than just bringing attention to the fact that they're suspicious of Sunfan. That created an opening for Gradiant to submit a counter-opinion, and then there's some back and forth that doesn't accomplish much until it shifts into another subject.

In my mind one of those 3 are likely a wolf then, it just seems like an opportunity for someone to gain townie points without putting themselves at risk. I'll be curious to see how they react here and probably base my vote off of what I see from that.

for this game we don't have confirmed roles in the setup, so telling which roles to do what is a bit of a crapshoot. it makes it harder to develop a globally optimal strat besides "use bad stuff on this player" so it's not really worth the time

also i don't think i'm scumreading sunfan? he wasn't "calling you out" any more than just identifying you by name in a non-alignment-indicative way, and i had thoughts about why he'd name you specifically that he then validated.

Celirra 08-17-2018 10:01 AM

Ind feels like hes mostly just giving info or (more commonly) lightly shading thoughts or opinions

YoshL 08-17-2018 10:03 AM

Effective immediately, FreezinIce has replaced Anti-Pearl

Celirra 08-17-2018 10:05 AM

Huzzah

who_cares973 08-17-2018 10:13 AM

Welp

Celirra 08-17-2018 10:20 AM

unvote