Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   So I got a virus... (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=114196)

britishknight 12-15-2009 12:27 AM

So I got a virus...

Cannot use google at all...

The origin was probably from encyclopediadramatica and I got blue screen of death. Did a system restore, now my computer is ****ed. I have no taskbar, no icons on desktop.

How do I use task manager to restore these

Someone please help, this is the absolute worst time for a computer to break during finals week.

edit: Even microsoft.com won't load, wtf.

edit2: c'mon ppl i'm freakin out

Izzy 12-15-2009 12:46 AM

Re: So I got a virus...

In my opinion you should probably just reinstall your OS and stop browsing the internet stupidly and without noscript enabled or no antivirus software on your computer.

Also do ctrl alt delete and go file, new task, and type in explorer.exe to bring back your taskbar.

goffballz 12-15-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3302383)
browsing the internet stupidly

I blame pr0nz.

NSane 12-15-2009 01:08 AM

Usually to restore the Start Menu / Task Bar / and Desktop you would go to run new task in the task manager and then run "explorer.exe", without the quotes of course.

Edit: Didn't read Izzy's post. He beat me to it =/

Dr Tran 12-15-2009 01:12 AM

Help my laptop won't turn on D: I tried putting the battery in water but no luck D::::::

britishknight 12-15-2009 01:12 AM

Damn. My computer is really ****ed this time. Can someone give me a link to download antivirus via 3rd party site. This virus is a smart **** and it won't let me go on any helpful sites to fix this pc.

Izzy 12-15-2009 01:21 AM

Write down all your program and applications and reinstall your operating system. Copy files to an external harddrive as well.

britishknight 12-15-2009 01:24 AM

Thanks. I don't wanna **** anything up more , so I'll just give the desktop to a computer repairman to fix.

Dr Tran 12-15-2009 02:08 AM

cool i want to pay 200 dollars to have someone else reinstall my os too!

JD_Flava 12-15-2009 02:28 AM

lmfao
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Tran (Post 3302417)
cool i want to pay 200 dollars to have someone else reinstall my os too!

I'd do it for free if you were nearby :o

Mollocephalus 12-15-2009 02:36 AM

yeah lmfao you just insert your os cd in the disc drive and reboot

then you just

PRESS F8
SAY YES TO EVERYTHING

voila system restored gimme 200 dollards nigguh

poochieCREAM 12-15-2009 02:59 AM

My brother said that Macs aren't as prone to viruses as PC's are..? True/false?
I'm so bad with computers. I'd get raped sideways if I ever got a virus.

Mollocephalus 12-15-2009 03:26 AM

i have a macintosh and i'm good with it. i can see and delete any virus for windows os without problems. oh, i also don't have any antivirus. this computer doesn't need one!

if you dont want to dilapidate your money there are also other os, like linux.

poochieCREAM 12-15-2009 03:29 AM

Yeah, I have this 6 year old iBook G4 and I've never had anything wrong with it (except me bashing the keypad to the point where it doesn't work.. so I use a wireless keyboard lolol rage bad)

Will hopefully get a new iMac soon :D

Patricoo 12-15-2009 06:51 AM

Buy a Mac. :D

25thhour 12-15-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poochieCREAM (Post 3302441)
Yeah, I have this 6 year old iBook G4 and I've never had anything wrong with it (except me bashing the keypad to the point where it doesn't work.. so I use a wireless keyboard lolol rage bad)

I raged out my Powerbook G4 keyboard is all broken and lines on the screen. :P

Izzy 12-15-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poochieCREAM (Post 3302434)
My brother said that Macs aren't as prone to viruses as PC's are..? True/false?
I'm so bad with computers. I'd get raped sideways if I ever got a virus.

I'd agree that 99% of viruses are written for windows and therefore wouldn't work on a mac. Mac avoids a lot of problems like viruses by limiting the things you are able to do to your own operating system. You have no control over your PC and there you go. Virus resistant OS.

Patricoo 12-15-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3302545)
I'd agree that 99% of viruses are written for windows and therefore wouldn't work on a mac. Mac avoids a lot of problems like viruses by limiting the things you are able to do to your own operating system. You have no control over your PC and there you go. Virus resistant OS.

Right. You can "do less" with a Mac in the form of geek-related material, but as someone who doesn't really care and just wants to laugh his head off when an .exe files comes through unannounced, it works for me.

Izzy 12-15-2009 11:08 AM

Suit yourself. You'd have to be pretty dumb to get a virus on windows by executing an exe.

If an exe was being download to your PC the minimal of UAC settings would inform you. And after that you'd have to double click it yourself even though you didn't know what it was and it was probably labled like wer65.exe

Most viruses aren't really harmful and aren't received by downloading executable. But if you just want to use a computer to browse facebook and play with pictures and not really do any work or play games then I'd use a mac to.

WTFBrandon 12-15-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poochieCREAM (Post 3302441)

Mine went off my balcony.
Don't feel so bad. (: