Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Game freezes when song starts then jumps (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150780)

EppuJoloZ 03-13-2019 08:43 AM

Game freezes when song starts then jumps

So this problem started today, when I was playing. When I load a song, and the gameplay screen comes, the game freezes (the song plays normally) and all of a sudden it jumps to the spot where it should be, making hitting the first notes impossible and then continues normally.

I tried restarting the game, didn't go away. Then I tried restarting my computer, and it still didn't go away?! >:(

It might be because last evening, I was playing Death Piano on 0.8x with my computer on very low battery. Then all of a sudden the computer decided to die when I was still playing, so I didn't have a choice of closing the game before it shut down... And after I charged my computer up, the song was still playing (lol) and the game was on. I closed it, restarted and then it began.

Is there any way to fix this? I could try redownloading the program, but I kinda don't want to... (i'm lazy xd)

EDIT: I redownloaded R3Air, and the issue was stil there! What's going on? Am I permanently playing StepMania? (no tera pun intended lol)

FirstMaple8 03-13-2019 11:35 AM

Re: Game freezes when song starts then jumps

try ffr standalone

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=120256

Windows 10 - Flash 16

Windows 7 or Below - Flash 9 - 10

SK8R43 03-13-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstMaple8 (Post 4668717)
try ffr standalone

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=120256

Windows 10 - Flash 16

Windows 7 or Below - Flash 9 - 10

The only problem is standalone lags so much its basically unplayble. Air isnt much better, but its playable at least 50% of the time and not something like 1% haha

Rapta 03-13-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4668718)
The only problem is standalone lags so much its basically unplayble. Air isnt much better, but its playable at least 50% of the time and not something like 1% haha

standalone barely lags for me

so what might be a problem for you might not be a problem for them

FirstMaple8 03-13-2019 12:35 PM

FFR is weird, its never consistant with performance.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

SK8R43 03-13-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4668719)
standalone barely lags for me

so what might be a problem for you might not be a problem for them

Yeah. Theres no way to really fix FFR for EVERYONE. one issue or another lol

Although...ive heard from many people that standalone lags for them. And ive heard from many people that air lags for them.
I cant play in browser without lag, but im sure someone can.

Zageron 03-13-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4668721)
Yeah. Theres no way to really fix FFR for EVERYONE. one issue or another lol

Although...ive heard from many people that standalone lags for them. And ive heard from many people that air lags for them.
I cant play in browser without lag, but im sure someone can.

Sorry, I got busy with work and other life stuff. I'll try to jump back on the FFR update asap. ;-;

kawaiifu 03-13-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4668718)

yet for me standalone is the only way i can play this game without lagging. *shrug*

EppuJoloZ 03-14-2019 01:14 AM

I have standalone FFR running on Flash player 16 (and 31 sometimes)

The issue isn't present there, but the gameplay lags pretty bad… :/
Also the browser version is pretty good, but it's way more accurate to play on standalone or air...

Really sad that the issue began, I would Still wanna play FFR ;-;

OK final edit, i now have 3 copies of R3Air on my computer and all of them do the same crap! :I The issue cant be in Adobe AIR because every download package comes with its own copy of
AIR. Also it can't be caused by my account since browser and standalone don't do that (still cant play them full time 'cause of the lag...) Soo, if anyone has even a small clue of what could cause this
crap, please tell me, I wanna start playing properly again :P

Also you might wanna read this to see what's the problem here :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by EppuJoloZ (Post 4668710)
So this problem started today, when I was playing. When I load a song, and the gameplay screen comes, the game freezes (the song plays normally) and all of a sudden it jumps to the spot where it should be, making hitting the first notes impossible and then continues normally.

I tried restarting the game, didn't go away. Then I tried restarting my computer, and it still didn't go away?! >:(

It might be because last evening, I was playing Death Piano on 0.8x with my computer on very low battery. Then all of a sudden the computer decided to die when I was still playing, so I didn't have a choice of closing the game before it shut down... And after I charged my computer up, the song was still playing (lol) and the game was on. I closed it, restarted and then it began.

Is there any way to fix this? I could try redownloading the program, but I kinda don't want to... (i'm lazy xd)

EDIT: I redownloaded R3Air, and the issue was stil there! What's going on? Am I permanently playing StepMania? (no tera pun intended lol)

Moonlight_X 04-5-2019 03:01 AM

The last week I have been getting lags during the song which freezes the arrows and causes random misses during the song which is really annoying, only the last week. Thought it was my keyboard but changed USB plugs around and which keys I was using during gameplay but I am still getting the random miss spikes. Anyone else having this problem? Making songs unplayable currently :(

Imperialroyal 04-5-2019 12:07 PM

It happens when you close the game while you're in the middle of a song. Only solution to stop this was time.

SK8R43 04-5-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperialroyal (Post 4670187)
It happens when you close the game while you're in the middle of a song. Only solution to stop this was time.

I do this all the time and ive never had that issue?

CubeyThePenguin 06-5-2019 04:57 PM

This happens to me too. I can only fix it by reloading the tab with FFR in it, but then I can only play one song normally before it happens again. I'm really not sure what the problem is.

rushyrulz 06-5-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CubeyThePenguin (Post 4676985)
This happens to me too. I can only fix it by reloading the tab with FFR in it, but then I can only play one song normally before it happens again. I'm really not sure what the problem is.

Don't play in browser. Lag is guaranteed.

Elmerz 06-6-2019 02:13 PM

Standalone in fp9 works the best for me, rates on 10 are iffy. I tend to never have any background processes open when on standalone, only way for me to guarantee no lag.