Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Writing and Literature (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   What book are you currently reading? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145581)

The-DDR-Philosopher 09-25-2016 02:31 AM

What book are you currently reading?

The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss

I love philosophy but I felt I had to learn more about business in order to create more time for my book list. Great content so far, a highly appraised best seller among book readers.

Now it's your turn. What are you currently reading?

Arntonach 09-25-2016 03:13 AM

Re: What book are you currently reading?

Armada by Ernest Cline. Well not really, I'm just saying I'm reading it since my sister got it for me for my birthday last month. I was gonna get it for her birthday but instead I got her Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call, which I've been playing a lot of lately.

Okay, so who's next?

supermoe1985 09-25-2016 03:25 AM

Ghostman by Roger Hobbs, one of those books that's hard to put down because there is a plot twist at the end of every chapter, but it's really well written so far.

Callipygian 09-25-2016 05:27 AM

Jonatham Lethem's 'The Fortress of Solitude'. A beautifully written novel about a white kid growing up in a largely black and latino neighborhood. This book is suffused with music and comics references, good stuff.

Travis_Flesher 09-25-2016 08:05 AM

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
Despite being boring as hell and riddled with sexist and nouveu riche cliches had such good sentence, paragraph, and chapter structure that it was a good read.

Renrane 09-25-2016 08:32 AM

Good timing with this thread. I am not much of a book reader until now. I am going to tell a story.

Just earlier, my family and I went to a book store because my sister's such a book lover, she always buys and reads books. So after my sister bought her book, my parents just added in and said to me to try to read books like her. So they let me pick out any book. Yeah, so why not read books for a change, I thought to myself.

I saw this book called "Norwegian Wood" by Haruki Murakami. It really caught my eye because it's somehow Japanese-y. You know, because I like anime, Japan and such. Also the cover, I liked it. I then, looked at the back of the book and read the stuff written there and then yeah, I liked it. It had this anime kind of feel.

I am about to read this book and embark on an adventure. I am hyped for this change. I am actually going to read a book. This is my first "book". This is my first time I am going to fully read a book and enjoy it.

I wrote this on my phone, at a coffee shop.

devonin 09-25-2016 09:09 AM

I'm re-reading 'The Way of Kings' by Brandon Sanderson because I've been sitting on "Words of Radiance" the second book, for months and months. I read 'The Way of Kings' like 4 or 5 years ago, and being a 1200-page monstrosity of a book, could barely remember anything about the story so figured I ought to do a re-read.

SpaceGorilla 09-25-2016 11:05 AM

currently reading War and Peace by Ct. Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy (or Leo Tolstoy if you're not from 17th century Russia)

it's a great read so far, ~100 pages in; lots of character development

10/10 would recommend if you can read it

botchi246 09-25-2016 11:17 AM

Mercury and Prometheans by Ben Bova

lofty rhino 09-25-2016 01:34 PM

De Occulta Philosophia Libri Tres by Henry Cornelius Agrippa

sweet2kill210 10-26-2016 03:25 AM

"The Color of Magic" by Terry Pratchett. His Discworld series was recommended to me by a coworker after I asked about any good fantasy books and mentioned that I liked Douglas Adam's (à la The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series) humor. It's pretty funny so far and I like it. :)

Travis_Flesher 10-26-2016 05:46 AM

I am currently reading "Persuader" by Lee Child.
The Washington Post says it's a 'skillful blend of sex...spies...suspense and nonstopaction.'
Los Angeles Times Book Review says "A page-turner...Child's tale drives hard and fast."
The Denver Post says "Gripping and suspenseful... Child ratchets up the suspense to new heights."
Orlando Sentinel says "Wickedly addictive...so fast-paced it makes the eyeballs spin."
in reality the book is whack as fuk though

botchi246 10-26-2016 12:30 PM

solomon's curse by clive cussler

axith 10-26-2016 06:14 PM

I have "bringing out the best in people" by alan loy mcginnis in front of me right now. "Start with why" -simon sinic and campassionate capitalism are on my end table at home and copies of the new yorker are next to my bed because i like the short stories in them. Not much fiction, but thats what im reading.

hi19hi19 10-26-2016 08:44 PM

I currently have open in front of me "A Mathematical Introduction to Logic, Third Edition" by Herbert Enderton. It's a gripping read, really, for anyone who enjoys themes such as a rigorous proofs in the predicate calculus. The Compactness Theorem is my favorite character.

Blackskull305 11-20-2019 07:48 PM

The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi.

Kawaii025 11-22-2019 08:13 PM

Stock Investing for Dummies

DaBackpack 11-22-2019 08:28 PM

Finally going through Paradise Lost. Satan is the GOAT

M0nkeyz 12-17-2019 07:53 AM

Reading ''God Knows'' by Joseph Heller.

robertsona 09-17-2020 12:37 AM

ernest hemingway - to have and have not