Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   [Concluded] FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8b (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150205)

SuperBoi88 12-5-2018 04:17 PM

Re: FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8

D2
First Upload
SuperBoi

reuben_tate 12-5-2018 04:39 PM

Re: FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8

Page 14 Thread Responses

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4658324)
Challenge will be in the later rounds. Id rather not get murdered first couple rounds haha

Exactly. To anyone annoyed at the first round being "too easy", the files are going to increase difficulty at a pretty decent pace throughout the tournament.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antori (Post 4658335)
omg 45-70 for D3 is perfect thanks so much! i was kinda scared that we'll get super hard files like 70-80 cause alot of people in D3 play files in that region :D

I'm trying to aim for something inbetween a complete AAA-fest and a complete mash-fest :P If the final round(s) are too difficult, then most people will get so many goods on them that their performance in all the earlier rounds won't even matter.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antori (Post 4658366)
i love the signature banners who ever made them deserves a pat on the back!

You can thank Charmoeleon!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjixcon (Post 4658376)
hey d6 people don't worry so much
i got last place covered no prob

You seem to be doing alright with a Round 1 AAA at the moment :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4658391)

Boy have I got some bad news for you :P
Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4658396)
Watch D7's last file be Crowdpleaser or one of the other 0 rated songs.

I was thinking more along the lines of The Games We Played Full Edition on 0.01x rate
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4658397)
Crowdpleaser is easy though....

*cries*

reuben_tate 12-5-2018 04:50 PM

Page 15 Thread Responses

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yste (Post 4658412)
I'm in, boys. First tournament ever!

Welcome to FFR (Tournaments)!
Quote:

Originally Posted by laserguyman (Post 4658472)
What kind of files will be used, I would recommend speed files, but that's just me

Rushy's response is pretty much what I have to say to this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4658611)
Tournaments usually contain a wide variety of different types of files as to not cater to one particular skillset.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickufully (Post 4658549)
Considering I was barely D6 when I stopped playing 9-10 months ago, I challenge you to last place :)

You can do it! Talking about D6, you should probably update your siggy ;)
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashoe93 (Post 4658616)
This tourney is going to be frustratingly painful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antori (Post 4658645)
this tourney is gonna be the greatest tourney in the history of tourneys

These things are not mutually exclusive to a masochist~

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4658653)
So can you play in a division but also ghost another division, by the way? Because if so I would like to ghost D4 if at all possible. : P

Due to switching to the dashboard, the only way we could do ghosting at the moment is if someone only wanted to ghost and to not officially play in their placed division. If ghosting is implemented in the dashboard at some point throughout this tournament, I'll let everyone know.
Quote:

Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel (Post 4658657)
Everyone should play every division and combine scores that way.

Ultimate way to ensure fairness

/heavysarcasm

The tournament dashboard would be pretty intense if everyone played in every division <_>

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marik von B (Post 4658669)
I'll die in division 4 almost instantly because of my rsi, so put me to ghost division 3 once that happens, please.

As noted above, with the dashboard in its current state, I can only let people ghost if they no longer wish to participate in their placed division anymore.

1Kick234 12-5-2018 04:56 PM

I'm in!

reuben_tate 12-5-2018 04:57 PM

Page 16 Thread Responses

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garquillex (Post 4658693)
i'm in

d2, or ghost d2
peaked at low d3 in 2013 and haven't touched the game since

I have you in D3 at the moment. If we can get ghosting to work in the dashboard, I'll let everyone know.
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4658740)
The tournament banners are astonishing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyRighty (Post 4658801)
i'm late on this but i love these silly signature banners omg

You can thank Charmoeleon for them ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 4658796)
can i add to the player count!?!?!?! :D IN
I will be playing spread, see recent scores if possible.

You sure can~
Quote:

Originally Posted by v1NiNjA (Post 4658814)
I'm in there like swimwear

This is the best "in" post I've seen this tournament.
Quote:

Originally Posted by beeattack (Post 4658831)
Probably a bad idea, but I'm in. Gonna be rusty . . .

Welcome to the rest of the derusting squad :P
Quote:

Originally Posted by dashoe93 (Post 4658962)
Can't wait to play a song 100 times and not get any better or worse. Let the human RNG be good to me.

I would recommend periodically taking a break from the tournament song and to play other files. In particular, if you play other files that are similar but more difficult than the tournament file and then come back to the tournament file, that might help.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neko_Atsumaki (Post 4658985)
IN

I like losing to people that are ten times better than me >w<

If someone is ten times better than you in your division, then that probably means that I did a bad job with placements at some point.
Quote:

Originally Posted by laserguyman (Post 4659067)
we get 24 hours to post a score right?

1 week~

reuben_tate 12-5-2018 05:03 PM

Page 17 Thread Responses

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmerz (Post 4659096)
Do I get extra points for posting early?

No, but I can give you a credit (from my personal stash). Enjoy~

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewdew7 (Post 4659102)
I would like to join the tournament :D I am eligible. I have had this account for 7 years and have plentyyyy of games. I'm so excited!! haha it's my first one Cx

Nice, glad to have you join us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4659110)
This is basically the official tournament now

The main thing that's missing is new files :P
Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4659115)
Not gonna lie, D5's song is the bane of my existence right now. Been about 3 hours. D4's isn't much better by those standards though ngl. Split Jumptrills are my death at this point :')

Seems like you got the AAA though, so you can take it easy...until Friday that is :P

reuben_tate 12-5-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBoi88 (Post 4660696)

D2
First Upload
SuperBoi

The tournament dashboard (whose link is in the OP and on the left sidebar of the front page) will automatically keep track of your best score. It seems that the best score you've gotten so far (on the dashboard) is better than the score in this screenshot.

reuben_tate 12-5-2018 05:17 PM

Page 18 Thread Responses

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7694 (Post 4659128)
tricky d7 choice, I approve! fun first round

:thumbs_up:
Quote:

Originally Posted by handpanda (Post 4659134)
doesn't everyone know the scores save automaticaly? or am i just confused?

urlhttp://www.flashflashrevolution.com/tournament// url

I think some people are just posting their scores as a means of discussion in this thread. Although I think some people are also just confused as well (given some people will post their screenshot without any other commentary.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4659157)
Power is too easy and Policy in the Sky is too hard
EDIT: Policy in the sky is much more manageable at .5x speed, only missed 3 notes

If Power was "too easy", then you would have a AAA on it already. You have 4 goods on Power, that means you have plenty of room for improvement there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel (Post 4659170)
Just to clear any future questions about late placement now, anyone could theoretically join up if and place well if the threshold for top 8 or a prize win was over the 5 good penalty for submitting late?

I feel like I'm missing part of the description in the OP but clicking things is hard right now

I read this post like 10 times and I'm still a bit unsure of what it is that you're asking exactly Dx We can discuss this on discord if you'd like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kdog436089 (Post 4659205)
I'm unable to post screenshots :( It said it added my score to the tourney though

The tournament dashboard (which can be found as a link in the OP and on the side-bar on the front page of FFR) will automatically keep track of your best score as you play the game, no need for screenshots unless the dashboard fails to save your score.

sploder12 12-5-2018 05:27 PM

i would like to join (for the ramen of course)

reuben_tate 12-5-2018 05:48 PM

Page 19 Thread Responses

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdiPotato (Post 4659216)
How do you post a screenshot?

I've posted instructions in the OP. Feel free to share your scores with others, just know that you don't need to post a screenshot unless the dashboard has failed to save your best score for this round.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardstyleLover (Post 4659218)
It's nice to have the tournament dashboard automatically save scores like it does for the official tournaments. This should be used for user hosted tournaments more often, especially since they're becoming pretty rare.

Yeah, it's saved me the hassle of having to update a spreadsheet of scores. It's definitely a lifesaver!
However, I do think that if the dashboard is used for other user-run tournaments in the future, that the host of the tournament should have had hosted at least one successful tournament beforehand.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neko_Atsumaki (Post 4659220)
Ive been putting in photo links for my song submission and it doesn't pop up in my thread uwu

The tournament dashboard (found in the OP and on the left sidebar of the homepage) has your best score already saved :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trenchery (Post 4659223)
im not on the dashboard for d3?

Not sure how I missed you. You should be in now!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 4659237)
d4 song is still impossible this fine day

:3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marik von B (Post 4659242)
-score-

It seems like you've improved your score considerably since then :) Best of luck!
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4659255)
I mean having one great skill makes or breaks you. Could be godlike at trills and be a much higher division than youre capable of being in. Im sure theres some people in d7 that dont really belong.

Edit: im D6 despite not having scarhand and not being able to aaa higher than 83 lol. And theres d6 players that have 90s aaad

I'm personally garbage at trills and jacks. I bet there are D2 players that could kick my ass on Club :P
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4659285)
there's no way people are actually beating this song
it's way too fast

this definitely isn't a me thing, I just was able to clear GSC champion battle which is also at 15 but is way easier than this song

FFR has been around for over 16 years at this point. That's plenty of time for people to get insanely good at this game, including being able to pass Policy in the Sky.

Also, I think you have a major misunderstanding of how the difficulty system works. The difficulty system is supposed to be a measure of how difficult it is to get a AAA on a file (that it, to only get Amazings and Perfect with 0 goods, 0 averages, 0 misses, and 0 boos). Ironically, the difficulty system is a very poor measurement of how difficult it is to pass a file due to extremely generous health mechanic on FFR. For files where the notes are dense enough, you can mindlessly mash nonsensically on the keyboard and likely still be able to pass.

The way the scoring for this tournament works is based on raw scoring. That is, you want to try as much as possible to get perfect accuracy on the file (ideally, you'd want to AAA the file). That is why I said earlier that you still have room to improve your Power score.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4659294)
the division 7 song is easier than the division 1 song because I can get farther in the division 7 song

Easier to pass? For some people, yes. Easier in any other sense? No. See my response above to your other post.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dewdew7 (Post 4659298)
This is my first time posting a screenshot. Hopefully it works!! I'm so glad I finally AAA'd this! Thought I was going to do it first try. Sadly, I was wrong D:

When you post on imgur, instead of clicking on the copy button that's provided when you upload, instead right click on the file and click on "copy image address" (or something similar for browsers other than Chrome).
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4659302)

I'm personally garbage at this, I got something like 300ms. I wouldn't be surprised if this has some kind of correlation to how awful I am at jacks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxophilis (Post 4659308)
tfw you were almost d5 when you left 4 years ago now you're barely out of d3 in terms of skill

Hopefully you can derust soon!

Casey2069 12-5-2018 05:55 PM

I got the AAA before I was added to the tournament dashboard. I don't know if it will track this score so I am posting it here :)

itrondin 12-5-2018 05:58 PM

Can you sign me up please?

reuben_tate 12-5-2018 06:08 PM

Page 20 Thread Responses
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4659318)
I hope the songs get easier

The songs are only going to be become progressively more and more difficult as the tournament progresses. That is why D0 exists, it's for low-D1 players who are having difficulty with the D1 files.
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4659340)
I'm sorry but this song actually sucks
the arrows don't make any sense with the music

I've been playing piano since I was five and my WPM is like 120 or something

I just played the file myself again. The jumps occur on the cymbal crashes. The rhythms in the file make sense with what's happening in the music. If you feel that's not the case, you might consider trying to change your global offset in the options panel of the game. Some other suggestions I would offer would be to tinker with your scroll speed (the default tends to be too low), your play style (many players play one-handed when they style, but a two handed approach called "spread" is optimal), noteskins, etc. Also, if you're playing in-browser, that tends to be prone to lag and I would recommend playing on a standalone.

If it's mostly an issue of getting the game to work nicely for you, feel free to PM me and we can discuss this more over discord or something.
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4659345)
AAAA I did it but I'm still in 5th place so like what's the point

The point is to have fun, not everyone is going to win every tournament. Especially if you're relatively new to playing the game. Feel free to submit scores for D0 (those that are submitting scores for D0 are more likely to be closer to your skill level).
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4659346)
The point is to have fun. its a non elimination tourny so you get to play every round no matter what.....

this^
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychotik (Post 4659350)
Missflag the first try, blackflag the second, then after a bit of a mental block I got it.
-snip-

nice AAA :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4659351)
it's 100% that cruddy song, I just cleared greensleeves on my first try and that song is 2 points higher

As I mentioned earlier, the difficulty rating of a file has nothing to do with the difficulty of passing it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmoeleon (Post 4659352)
First off, just want to say that I'm glad everyone's been enjoying the tourney banners, was pretty fun to make them.

Secondly, I suck at this game and at AAA'ing and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Thanks.

I'm going to keep bugging you until either the round is over or until you have a AAA : P
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 4659353)
Nice job! I'm still struggling with the song :(
I managed to get 1-0-0-1 on the song twice so far but can't improve on that quite yet.

I see you got the AAA now though! :)

flashflash account 12-5-2018 06:13 PM

thanks for clarifying the triple a thing that makes more sense now
guess I can't get ramen :c

SK8R43 12-5-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4660727)

Sure you can... Tinker with the settings and practice. The rounds are 1 week long. Play every day and you will get better :)

Zageron 12-5-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

you can do it

flashflash account 12-5-2018 06:27 PM

:(

reuben_tate 12-5-2018 06:29 PM

Page 21 Thread Responses
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4659355)
yeah, it was definitely easier for me at 1.2 scroll speed since the notes weren't all clustered together, but if I go too high then I can't see the notes coming and react in time

For scroll rate, I would say to keep increasing it as much as you can. Being able to identify rhythms and patterns in this game is essential and if the notes are too clumped together, that makes it very difficult.
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmerz (Post 4659361)
Lololol I'm d6 and I ALSO don't have scarhand and my highest AAA is a 77. That's why I requested D5 placement. At least you can AAA guru files in general.

Edit : 0 Guru AAA's = Guru yo. (This is not a shot at my placement, this is a shot at the level ranking system.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjixcon (Post 4659367)
oh yeah well i'm d6 and my highest aaa is only a 75 so there. i win.

One's highest AAA can be a decent indication of division placement. Although you both lack AAA's on higher difficulty songs, many of your other scores would put you on par with at least other low-D6 players.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4659389)

This chart's second half is BUTTS

BUTTS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reproach (Post 4659392)

my submission for the division 2

Your link seems to be broken. However, the tournament dashboard will automatically save your best score as you play the game. A link to the tournament dashboard can be found in the OP or in the left sidebar of the front page of the site.
Quote:

Originally Posted by V-Ormix (Post 4659397)
man nerves suck, i forgot they existed since I hadn't "gone" for an aaa in a long time... ill try to skate buy with a good

Seems like you've AAA'ed the file now, so that good won't come back to haunt you ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 4659456)
Super happy I was actually able to AAA the first round song, especially with it only taking like 4 tries. I still feel so rusty and was confident I would get shut out after just round one.

Nice! Keep up the good work!
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegendofPie (Post 4659780)
Yo, sign me tf up for this!!

I gotchu
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixo (Post 4659801)
can I be moved in d7?

Done.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herogashix (Post 4659851)
I wanna join and be included ;u;

You're included! \o/

reuben_tate 12-5-2018 06:49 PM

Page 22 Thread Responses

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4659869)
Please someone donate to make the number significantly even again

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4659874)
Play some ffr, then donate yourself? :)

I found this way more funnier than it is :P
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJayEagle (Post 4659906)

D0 score

I've updated your score in the D0 spreadsheet (in the OP).
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyRighty (Post 4659910)
hopefully i can get in a AAA before the round ends, but i have a busy week ahead of me so i'm not sure if i can further improve. i'm just glad to have a clean score on this!

also, awesome job on making the tourney dashboard work with this one Velocity!! it's really neat to not have to post screencaps for scores :D

You can do it! Also, I can't thank Velocity enough for getting the dashboard to work. Not having to manually enter every single score saves me a ton of time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4659931)
after seeing everyone else's graphs it looks like I belong in D0 but I want to stay in D1 just to try getting some ramen and maybe the songs will get easier because policy in the sky was a pretty dumb one

As long as you participate in every round, there is still a chance you can get ramen as a participation prize! Just do your best every round and have fun :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizza69 (Post 4659992)

edit: omg wait what there's the tourney dashboard, i don't even have to post my scores in here??? yo this is so awesome

Your post reminds me of yo man im awesome. Haven't seen him in awhile. But yes, the tourney dashboard is indeed awesome :P
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4660008)
I'm just salty because I assumed pressing 4 buttons would be easier than playing piano but it really isn't
I do it for ramen

You're still relatively new to the game. I'm sure there might be some transfer of skill, however, you're not gonna be godlike at the game to begin with without practicing just like I'm sure most non-piano high-skilled FFR players here would not instantly become a piano prodigy :P
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal1236 (Post 4660012)
I already asked to register and I don't see myself in it, so I am just posting again asking to join. <3

You're in now~
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happeh (Post 4660009)
keep going for the ramen!!!! if you do bad just keep going !!!!!!!!! the ramen won't be disappointed in you if you don't get it!!! the ramen will always love you, even if you think it doesn't!!!!!!!!!

ramen is love, ramen is life~
Quote:

Originally Posted by -paexaea- (Post 4660152)
just got wifi back, lmao fuck

okay its gonna be after my double at work before i can AAA that stupid song, idk why i have 2 boos ;_;

I hope you can find some time to improve your score! I do allow extensions, as long as they are requested ahead of time. Best of luck!

reuben_tate 12-5-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dha (Post 4660171)
I'm IN !!!! (very rusty ahah I'm so bad)

Don't worry, a lot of people are rusty, you'll fit right in!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 4660584)
So many new joins exciting!

CaN wE hIt 200 pArTiCiPaNtS?!?!?
Quote:

Originally Posted by dashoe93 (Post 4660685)
Couple more days until the next round wowee I hope it's not a 4 minute long song ha ha

I'll be picking The Games We Played (Full Edition) for every division for every round here on out~
Quote:

We believe in you~
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4660730)
:(

Congrats, on your first AAA! Not sure why the sad face :P The D0 files are going to become more difficult but they should still remain "doable" for new players such as yourself.
EDIT: I've also included your score on the D0 spreadsheet (found in the OP).