Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Value of the credit and credit sinks (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=127959)

Netjet! 12-7-2012 08:46 PM

Value of the credit and credit sinks

I've seen a lot of threads recently that mention that the value of credits is becoming more and more... meaningless, if that's the right word for it. What I mean is that a lot of regular forum users that still play the game have a substantial amount of credits (ie. over a million for some people), and that with the absence of big credit sinks (we have some areas, but still) the number of total credits is going up and up, thus devaluing the credit.

The main thing is that there aren't many areas that credits can be spent (also known as credit sinks). There's the FFR Shop for purchased songs, the FFR Credit Jackpot, and I guess donating credits towards unofficial/official tournaments (so as to distribute credits amongst a more broad group). Besides this, I don't think there are really any other ways to use your credits, besides passing thresholds for secret songs. And even for that, to unlock the most expensive song you only need 160,000 credits.

I'm just wondering whether there should be more areas to use your credits, like bringing back the Gambling Hall, the Punch Tass-type games, and stuff like that... what does everyone think?

demonllama6124 12-7-2012 09:03 PM

Re: Value of the credit and credit sinks

just added up all the purchased songs, and you need a total of 108,869 credits. coupled with the highest secret song, brings a total of 268,869.

Netjet! 12-7-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonllama6124 (Post 3814802)
just added up all the purchased songs, and you need a total of 108,869 credits. coupled with the highest secret song, brings a total of 268,869.

A lot of people have well over that amount, some people over 2-3 million credits and so I think there should be another way of using them up, rather than them being "worthless".

gold stinger 12-7-2012 09:46 PM

agreed. sitting at 442k right now, already bought all the songs, and I have a AAA on Staring at my Spaceship, the 2nd highest secret song.

There needs to be another way to spend out credits other than different ways to trade it to other players

demonllama6124 12-7-2012 11:14 PM

I'm at 3 million

Charu 12-7-2012 11:15 PM

Didn't Sprite- try out a way by spending 250k or something for a prochat color change?

I liked that idea a lot, heheh.

I like it 12-7-2012 11:15 PM

i wouldnt mind wasting some of my millions :twisted:

even tho i gave out over a million a couple weeks ago just for fun :mrgreen:

demonllama6124 12-7-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 3814894)
Didn't Sprite- try out a way by spending 250k or something for a prochat color change?

I liked that idea a lot, heheh.

Believe so, but I think it was only for like a 24-48 hr period. Not wasting it on a temp

ichliebekase 12-7-2012 11:57 PM

Gambling hall please :]

SK8R43 12-8-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichliebekase (Post 3814922)
Gambling hall please :]

This. Or at least something to these lines lol
I have 850k Credits burning a hole in me epocket :P

dragonmegaXX 12-8-2012 12:18 AM

Can I be an Admin for a day for 1,000,000 credits?

VisD 12-8-2012 12:20 AM

Yeah gambling hall please

I remember making a suggestion a long time ago in some thread to have a kind of game where people made bets with their credits - someone would put down an amount, someone else would take them up on it and a d2 would be rolled to determine the winner of all of the creds, minus a small house cut if needed. (this is exactly like the MMG from KoL if you know what that is)

That plus some kind of thing to buy with creds like, idk, special coloured username at 100k/day or something would increase the value of creds quickly <:

AlexDest 12-8-2012 12:40 AM

sitting at 822k at the moment

though i am quite comfortable with that amount, and always will be thank you

EzExZeRo7497 12-8-2012 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VisD (Post 3814939)
I remember making a suggestion a long time ago in some thread to have a kind of game where people made bets with their credits - someone would put down an amount, someone else would take them up on it and a d2 would be rolled to determine the winner of all of the creds, minus a small house cut if needed. (this is exactly like the MMG from KoL if you know what that is)

oh god the MMG

This sounds like a really good idea though.

Xx{Midnight}xX 12-8-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 3814936)
Can I be an Admin for a day for 1,000,000 credits?

lol if they did this

FFR would die

Ohaider 12-8-2012 01:00 AM

acquire access to forum name personalizing

-
more elaborate/prestigious versions of these

-
siggy badges/profile badges

millions of things you can do haha

Zageron 12-8-2012 12:04 PM

I think reducing the number of credits required for secret songs, and then permanently unlocking them when you 'personally' gain (through playing) the number of credits required to unlock them. That way people will not feel obligated to hold on to their credits early on, which caused the 'hoarding' motion in the first place.

emulord 12-8-2012 01:47 PM

I think newbies asking for credits shouldnt be technically against the rules. It should be like a "you're allowed to ask for credits in the garbage bin" or something instead. Then they can ask for credits and the more generous of us won't have stupidly large amounts of credits lying around.

igotrhythm 12-8-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 3815077)
I think reducing the number of credits required for secret songs, and then permanently unlocking them when you 'personally' gain (through playing) the number of credits required to unlock them. That way people will not feel obligated to hold on to their credits early on, which caused the 'hoarding' motion in the first place.

So permanent unlock of Max Forever when you hit 2006 credits in the bank even if you dip below that number? Seems legit.

I would personally go for the idea of having to pay credits to play harder songs. This has a number of advantages:

-Forces newbies to build up to the harder stuff
-Credit sink per game (perhaps even per mid-level restart!)
-Got a random miss? Keep going, time to do some damage control!

To avoid catching unskilled newbies in catch-22 situations, easier songs (perhaps 10 and under) won't have credit costs.

Because you have to pay to play, then get your credits back (and then some) for a good combo score, building up to the big purchases like Holy Orders will be much more difficult. This also means that the cost per song would have to be adjusted to the specific song's note count to allow people to "turn a profit" on long combos.

ninjaKIWI 12-8-2012 02:17 PM

Wipe all credits !! People would be angry for all of two days and then not give a shit because seriously who cares about credits.