Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Unrecorded Scores Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116916)

nois-or-e 01-13-2011 06:56 PM

Previous thread (v1): http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=55758
Previous thread (v2): http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=114554

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

All scores should be submitted through this form: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/tools/unrecorded/

Thanks to Sprite- for putting this form together for all of us!

The people with access to record scores are Sprite- and nois-or-e. Feel free to notify myself in this thread or via PM/profile message if you have a score that you would like added. (Don't notify Sprite unless he gives you permission to do so.)

When using the form, double-check to make sure everything is filled out properly. If a score is sent incorrectly, it will not be added.

Prerequisites:
-Your score cannot be from the old LD engine.
-You must have a non-0 score on the song prior to adding an unrecorded score. If your unrecorded score was your first attempt at a song, play it again so a score can be added to the database; you will be notified through this thread if you need to play again. We will remove your submission if you do not obtain a score higher than 0 on the song within 24 hours.
-Note that your score will display a PA of 0-0-MC-0-0 to indicate that it is unrecorded - if you don't want to see this, you might want to improve your score on your own. Tying or beating your personal best will display your PA again.
-You must provide a screenshot. Screenshots must show the game and member-count/server time, as well as your screenname.

PROPER SUBMISSIONS
Without standalone:
Contains the user name, server timestamp, and the game screen all in one shot.

With standalone: Also contains user name, server timestamp, and the game screen all within a single window.

Velocity's engine: Contains user name, in-game timestamp, and game screen, all in one shot.

Other notes:
-Your submission will be deleted if it does not contain the necessary elements in the screenshot. It is your job to read these rules before submitting.
-If your unrecorded score was supposed to unlock a token and the score is recorded through this form, you will not be given the token. Send a message to Sprite- with proof of your token unlock and he will give you the token.
-Consider improving the score on your own if it's not a major improvement.
-When posting a score, be sure that it is an improvement on your previous score, as your old score will be erased.
-It may be wise to save the image you upload in case we don't accept it by mistake and you want proof that it had all of the requirements.
-If you happen to improve your score during the time that the score is posted (or make a mistake), find the picture you submitted, and click the [X] button to erase it. (See image below.)

-Abuse of this system will not be tolerated. A one week ban or longer will be issued for obvious joke submissions.

nois-or-e 01-13-2011 06:58 PM

This post will serve as a board for scores that were not added. If your score was not added, you will see the reasons why here. Always assume your score was accepted (if not still pending) unless on this list.

Code:

These requests below were denied.
ID:

Sprite- 01-13-2011 06:59 PM

Re: New Unrecorded Scores Thread

Everyone from the old thread MUST use this form. I will not be manually updating scores anymore. Enjoy!

Ziergdsx18 01-13-2011 07:11 PM

Awesome :D

ichliebekase 01-13-2011 07:18 PM

So if we posted in there before and it was updated on the old OP, should we transfer our screenshots over to this thread/method? Or is AJ just going to take those that were already in queue to be fixed and bring them over.

TC_Halogen 01-13-2011 07:24 PM

All of the scores from the previous thread need to be brought over here and have to go through the form. I'll send out a PM to those who have scores that need to be brought over.

ichliebekase 01-13-2011 07:28 PM

Kewl. Uploaded mine. Nice new method.

Elite Ninja 01-13-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3394040)
All of the scores from the previous thread need to be brought over here and have to go through the form. I'll send out a PM to those who have scores that need to be brought over.

Does it just need to be a SS or do you have to put all the info above the SS again?

TC_Halogen 01-13-2011 07:31 PM

You do not submit screenshots in this thread. It is uploaded through a form. Please read the OP.

Elite Ninja 01-13-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3394048)
You do not submit screenshots in this thread. It is uploaded through a form. Please read the OP.

gah, sorry stupid me

Elite Ninja 01-13-2011 07:34 PM

Whats is a .jpg? Is says I must submit that instead which I dont know how to do.

EDIT: I just saved it has a .JPG and it still didnt work.

ichliebekase 01-13-2011 07:41 PM

This is what it looks like when you save.

Click the drop-down menu underneath where you title your picture, click the one I indicated and click save.

TC_Halogen 01-13-2011 07:41 PM

Make sure the filesize is below 512 KB. Also, the extension might have to be .jpg, rather than .JPG.

You also have to fill out all of the other information too.

Elite Ninja 01-13-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3394068)
Make sure the filesize is below 512 KB. Also, the extension might have to be .jpg, rather than .JPG.

You also have to fill out all of the other information too.

How do I lower the KB? I filled the info and did the .jpg thing but it might be to big. And I dont have a .jpg option. There is only .JPG

iironiic 01-13-2011 07:45 PM

Thank you Sprite! This is a neat addition :)

ichliebekase 01-13-2011 07:47 PM

To lower the KB size, crop. Best way to do it. Or to not have too much special stuff in it, just the necessities.

Elite Ninja 01-13-2011 07:48 PM

Nevermind its 228 kb. So I have the right KB. A .jpg attachment, and filled out everything correctly. So now I dont know.

TC_Halogen 01-13-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 3394075)
Nevermind its 228 kb. So I have the right KB. A .JPG attachment, and filled out everything correctly. So now I dont know.

is your file .JPG? or is it .jpg? Case sensitivity might actually matter here.

EDIT: nvm, saw your post...not sure.

LJRoX 01-13-2011 07:55 PM

I thought the same. The extension of the file can screw things up.
Like I had a .PNG in my stepmania/themes/default/graphics folder but it didn't show unless I renamed the extension to .png

Elite Ninja 01-13-2011 11:57 PM

proof I made it to a .jpg but it still gives me this crap.