Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149562)

who_cares973 08-17-2018 07:34 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Someone stole my lunch from work, I'm mad

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:39 PM

CONTENT WARNING: pedantry

I'm not a pro at this game but IMO TWG shouldn't be viewed as a logic game, at least in its connotative sense (it technically is a logic game in the denotative sense)

The two most used tools in this game, in logical terms, are abduction and induction-deduction. Abduction and induction are both used to obtain premises, and deduction is used to arrive at conclusions.

Abduction + deduction leads to circular reasoning, and induction + deduction leads to bias and false premises.

The bottom line is that there are no axioms in TWG: every "rule" we know is constructed from social observation. Without true axioms, you can't expect to reach consistent conclusions.

The appeal to logic is really just an appeal to the connotative sense, which is often used to suggest that "my reasoning is better than yours because logic is impartial", but that's just not true.

I do admit that gut feelings are less useful in TWG insofar as they are impossible to communicate to other people, but to suggest that they are weak or are inferior to reasoning is delusional

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:40 PM

see?
evolution?
that post makes me want to lynch you DBP, and then I get to procreate with someone else who doesn't have a negative opinion of drugs or emotions in TWG

Celirra 08-17-2018 07:41 PM

i was gonna say that my bad reason isnt a thing anymore

inDheart 08-17-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642420)
considering he played during a time where you basically opened the thread once a phase, yeah

in 72/24.

huh.

granted it's the AIM difference, but you could just say the same kind of thing privately

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642448)
see?
evolution?
that post makes me want to lynch you DBP, and then I get to procreate with someone else who doesn't have a negative opinion of drugs or emotions in TWG

CONTENT WARNING: pedantry

The denotation of "biological evolution" is different than the denotation of "evolution of thoughts"

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:45 PM

alright, that's close enough to cognitive dissonance
dbp

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:46 PM

no one is more pedantic than me

no one

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642450)
in 72/24.

huh.

granted it's the AIM difference, but you could just say the same kind of thing privately

...what?

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642452)
alright, that's close enough to cognitive dissonance
dbp

didn't I tell you I was going to be jerking it during EoD? That post is extremely masturbatory dude

Xiz 08-17-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642370)
in a dumb way i dont like how sunfan and xiz (i think it was xiz?) both have a read on me for the same bs reason

sorry but what

Celirra 08-17-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642458)
sorry but what

idk if it changed but didnt you say something like me playing my wolf game or something like that earlier

inDheart 08-17-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642455)
...what?

you're talking about checking the thread once per phase - meaning for votes

lynching within 3 is a sentiment tps could also express privately, and everything i've heard about the aim era tells me it was also rather active, just way more chat-based

you said this in the context of telling me the timing wouldn't be weird, but picking a group of 3 people to lynch in is something he could also say in a chat, so just saying that's how twg used to be isn't explanatory to me here

also doesn't say much about the timing of that one post per phase, while we're talking about posts specifically

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:52 PM

oh no, sorry, I missed a part
since you only open the thread once a phase you also only vote once a phase so that would be when he voices his suspicions, and depending on idk, what phase the moon is, either a safety vote or a real vote

Xiz 08-17-2018 07:52 PM

While a lot of what ind has said i dont understand (his whole thing on me and cel must being a pair) i like his read on tps.

I still am kinda spooked by the whole sunfan comments about tps from earlier but im not sure how much weight that carries right now.

Also what do you mean by blinds paranoia, especially when (was it you?) who stated that his wolf and town games are really similar, i cant remember who said it. I am unsure of how i feel about blind personally but i wanna know more where you are comin from

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642377)
i decided to write some words about people to see where i ended up and it was different than i expected tbh

[......]

This is a decent wallpost, I actually kind of like this first line here where he admits that he was kind of winging it

However there are no actual declarations of wolfiness in this post, and even after reading that entire wall, I still have no idea who indheart is most comfortable with lynching today. Aside from the townreads and some reasoning, which are good, there's no assertiveness here

As an aside, is there any significance behind the way you ordered this list?

Xiz 08-17-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642366)
That mindmeld felt super fake to me because he made it seem like it was the greatest thing in the world

its real, you stop that

and i personally think its TOTALLY something greg would do to, specifically and mostly only to me.

but i don't know if he actually did do it because clearly nobody else is even giving it a chance. Im not as gungho as i was about it but like, i'll be upset if i was right because that would mean the #xizearlyread dream isnt dead.

which it probably is ;_;

Xiz 08-17-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642374)
You know what else kills time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642376)
hello

this post progression made me giggle

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:56 PM

its not dead Xiz
but uh
I would probably never do that as a wolf if those were my partners

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642466)
this post progression made me giggle