Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Songs of the Week (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Official Tournament Round 1 Songs (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151154)

psychoangel691 08-9-2019 11:59 PM

Official Tournament Round 1 Songs

Here you can rage about how bad you are at your division's song!

Misbehave (In This Cave)
Musician: Ryan Ike
Step Artist: Devonin
Difficulty: TBA
Song Length: 1:47

The Hop
Musician: OR-IF-IS
Step Artist: rayword45
Song Length: 1:42

Machines
Musician: Crown the Empire
Step Artist: DarkZtar
Song Length: 2:34

Bang
Musician: Droptek
Step Artist: Deamerai
Song Length: 3:42

carnation
Musician: aaaa
Step Artist: Elekton
Song Length: 2:32

Ambient Ooparts
Musician: cosMo@Bousou-P
Song Length: 3:33

Super Soaker
Musician: Blitz Lunar
Step Artist: hi19hi19
Song Length: 2:07

Violent Arcade
Musician: Final Sketch & rgLed
Song Length: 2:42

rayword45 08-10-2019 12:00 AM

Re: Official Tournament Round 1 Songs

yay ddr songs

dragonmegaXX 08-10-2019 12:10 AM

HAHAHA THAT FUCKING D8 FILE IS SO JUICY IT ALMOST FEELS PLANNED
Im gonna fucking love watching this whole thing

dragonmegaXX 08-10-2019 12:16 AM

OOF I ALSO LOVE THIS D5 FILE. I cant wait to play it when Im sober and see the screen properly

ositzxz369 08-10-2019 12:25 AM

Bang plays a lot like Stress (there's colorful bursts into hands, it repeats itself in the second half - dunno why this song wasn't cut in half, and it's not dense overall). The 3-note jacks are pretty tricky tho.

EppuJoloZ 08-10-2019 12:26 AM

D5 file is very nice, love the music! :D
Already AAAd it lol

hi19hi19 08-10-2019 12:31 AM

Ambient Ooparts pretty fun. The 24ths after the 2323 trill in the intro are easy, but the burst immediately after I always get 4-0-0-1 on for some reason? Definitely need to isolate that to figure out what I'm fucking up. Either way the patterns in that part flow nicely, not as hard as it looked at first. But also probably giga mindblockable, so you gotta be careful.

Overall the file plays really similar to the rest of the ambient-ish artcore songs, stuff like Lexus Cyanixs, and it flows really well and has a surprisingly excellent difficulty curve without getting boring.
Minor criticisms: not framefixing the one 2-frame jack in the second half makes that one part feel bad to hit. Not stepping one of the piano runs in the intro continues to tilt me, also there's a missing low note in the bridge, but overall 8.5/10 ver nice file. Definitely won't feel bad to play it a bunch more if my score doesn't stand.

Good stuff Mr. Dark Zee Tar

EDIT- After playing it more, the frames on Super Soaker only horrify me more and more. Bursts with 2-frame gaps immediately followed by 0-frame gaps. Multicolor hands. May the spirit of Dossar have mercy on all our souls.
That said I don't think it plays all that badly, just looks weird, but then again I don't have to AAA it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

devonin 08-10-2019 12:35 AM

Whoever made that D1 song is some kind of great step artist!

DarkZtar 08-10-2019 12:37 AM

Funny that you bring up the similarities between those 2 files because I pictured your Lexus Cyanixs file when I heard the song and threw the file together. Also I'm mindblocked on my own file already, megarip.

PhantomPuppy 08-10-2019 12:39 AM

i would give the creator of ambient ooparts a crisp high five. good stuff my dude :)

TheSaxRunner05 08-10-2019 12:42 AM

I can't add these to the TCG until a difficulty is assigned ... rip

DarkZtar 08-10-2019 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy (Post 4692029)
i would give the creator of ambient ooparts a crisp high five. good stuff my dude :)

Appreciate it. =P
Also wtf you AAA'd already.

Flossy_ 08-10-2019 12:56 AM

hi19 i lvoe you and i love your files

rayword45 08-10-2019 12:56 AM

yeah ambient ooparts is great stuff

i feel like i'd be able to sdg super soaker if i whored a frame fixed version but the current version boggles the mind lol

Aquellex 08-10-2019 01:40 AM

I like the ffr version of SS more than the sm release from one of the corn packs :D
also very happy a high FGO super soaker got in, because when I tried back then (2014?) they wanted me to tone it down to a goddamn FMO

that and razor was a massive jerk

Pizza69 08-10-2019 01:46 AM

bang is an extremely good file, felt way shorter than the length, though that 24th one handed trill in the last burst is disgusting and the culprit behind my sightread missflag lol

agree with hi19 that the burst after the 24ths is the real killer in ambient ooparts

super soaker is super triggering. i wish it had been framefixed cuz i keep leaking random goods and part of that is the structure of the file but also like... this doesn't happen on eclipse or you time.

violent arcade = lmao

One Winged Angel 08-10-2019 01:53 AM

I'd personally be much more impressed by a Violent Arcade AAA than You Universe with all those horseshit bursts, so on that basis I'd say it's around 105

And if we're opening with ~105 then this is certainly the start of a new era for tourneys lmao

Blackskull305 08-10-2019 01:53 AM

DarkZtar, great job on ambient ooparts!! I really liked the sporadic bits of polyrhythmic flavour, making what would have otherwise been a monotone pattern feel colourful and clean.

TC_Halogen 08-10-2019 01:55 AM

I've AAA'd all of Violent Arcade in isolations... just a matter of putting it all together. Had to call it for tonight because I'd been up for just about 20 hours and I'm kinda tired. My eyes were literally not even following past the first 200 notes, ahaha

Tomorrow should hopefully be a day of grinding and improvement.

Aquellex 08-10-2019 01:56 AM

I'm terrified yet very excited about the possibly of seeing my music as D8 files if Alice makes it :mrgreen: