Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Stress Relieving (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152292)

Swedcxzaq 09-4-2020 09:20 AM

Stress Relieving

I find that listening to songs like RATO and Super Shredder help me when I'm feeling stressed because the chaoticness of it is weirdly soothing in a way; maybe it just matches the energy I'm feeling. I mean I know listening to slower songs is technically supposed to be more soothing, but when I'm stressed out (e.g. now) I'm just not in the mood for slower songs.

Does anyone else feel/do the same? Maybe I'm just weird.

WirryWoo 09-4-2020 09:52 AM

Re: Stress Relieving

There's nothing wrong with that. Personally I prefer the slower paced songs (usually contemporary classical, jazz, chillstep, and occasionally dance and EDM) because it allows me to dive deep into my own thoughts to sort out. Breakcore and intense beats add too much additional chaos that I personally don't need when stress relieving.

SubaruPoptart 09-4-2020 03:05 PM

Yeah I tend to gravitate towards songs that like, melodically are slow but other parts of it are fast af. the orchestral breakcore stuff like Run Run Run, October (Dark Autumn Mix) and what not are kinda what I mean. Sometimes I go to Flashbulb since Undiscovered Colors and what not are hella soothing to me.

And on other occasions when I just need to space tf out I listen to Infected Mushroom; Sa'eed, Only Solutions, Ani Mevushal, stuff like that. Sa'eed especially though.

Dynam0 09-4-2020 03:23 PM

I used to listen to faster stuff casually when I was younger. I even had m1dy on my playlists lol, now I listen to that stuff mostly for nostalgia purposes.

I'll go through phases of stuff to sleep to but it's most often ambient stuff or lo-fi hip hop studying girl. Cryo Chamber is another good YouTube livestream I'll throw on to chill out to.

If I'm studying or needing to concentrate I'll put on more techy stuff like Aphex Twin's Analord series.

mi40 09-4-2020 03:39 PM

dude the past two days have been extremely stressful with the extremely volatile stock market for me

i was listening to 2008 financial crisis documentaries the whole time to help me relax

The Ice Cream Queen 09-4-2020 04:12 PM

sometimes listening to really chaotic breakbeats can be helpful (some favourites are sewerslvt and machine girl) because its so chaotic that theres nothing you can do to follow so you have to just breathe and accept where you are in that chaos - which i think helps your brain relate to your IRL stress

idk it always helped me

choof 09-5-2020 09:16 AM

sometimes cutting

Blackskull305 09-5-2020 10:29 AM

I usually find making music to be more relaxing and cathartic than listening to it. I like to grab a deer-skin drum and sing Cree songs when I'm feeling stressed out.

DeciBel1231 09-6-2020 10:32 PM

i like to get turnt

Mahou 09-7-2020 09:18 AM

I was getting stressed out too because my job wasn't getting the same fulfillment I was a few years ago. Now it actually feels like a job.

I did however decide to start becoming an Amazon seller and started to distribute certain products. So I guess life has a bit more excitement.

MixMasterLar 09-7-2020 11:20 AM

I still just play music games to de-stress, like when I was a teen. More things change.....

IIDX is my current drug of choice

rayword45 09-7-2020 03:31 PM

I have super severe ADHD and Dev/Null's music helps me focus on studying

Mahou 09-7-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedcxzaq (Post 4742092)
I find that listening to songs like RATO and Super Shredder help me when I'm feeling stressed because the chaoticness of it is weirdly soothing in a way; maybe it just matches the energy I'm feeling. I mean I know listening to slower songs is technically supposed to be more soothing, but when I'm stressed out (e.g. now) I'm just not in the mood for slower songs.

Does anyone else feel/do the same? Maybe I'm just weird.

I probably could've consolidated this to one post, but judging by your age, I don't think it's weird that you listen to this kind of music to relax. Up until I hit my early 20's, I used to listen to loud DJ Sharpnel music in my Ford Explorer all the time. As you grow and evolve, these stress relievers will change.

James Somers 09-23-2020 07:21 AM

You are not alone. I listen to metal, alternative, power metal when I need to relax. After listening to this kind of music, I sleep better, my mood gets better.