Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Stepmania (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   DDReam Studio - a revolutionary way to sync/step simfiles (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=51802)

jyris1 10-15-2006 07:39 PM

DDReam Studio - a revolutionary way to sync/step simfiles

This topic is also present in the bemanistyle forums, but for those who don't go to that forum:

* Interactive waveform view, beat drag-and-drop, support for tap-along BPM finding (if you really need it), autofill beat mode, automatic Gap calculation, beat assist tick (no more quarter note arrows), and "Magic Nudge" give you tremendous syncing power, even for songs with wavering BPM's
* StepMania 3.9-compatible controls are enhanced with a user-friendly Windows Interface (take the SM editor and throw in full windows/mouse support)
* Integrated real-time recording and editing
* DirectX-Powered Game Engine designed from scratch - Enjoy fast framerates and response times
* Detailed tutorials available

http://www.ddreamstudio.com
The site has a small forum if you have specific questions, and new versions of the software/tutorials come out very often.

sonicbhoc 10-18-2006 10:33 AM

Re: DDReam Studio - a revolutionary way to sync/step simfiles

Too bad you used DirectX... looks like I'll just stick to the SM4.0 editor for now then.

Synthlight 10-18-2006 10:42 AM

Sonic, What are you talking about? That makes no sense.

Cheers,

Synthlight

SgtFish 10-18-2006 04:23 PM

Yeah...I don't get Sonic's post either..
I'm gonna check this out.
Seems..."spiffy". =D

sonicbhoc 10-19-2006 09:33 AM

DirectX is not crossplatform. I run Linux and I'm not going to change any time soon.

By using DirectX, there will be people who can't use the software. Like me.

Oh well, as I say:

Every operating system sucks. The problem is finding which one sucks the least (which, for me, is Linux).

Synthlight 10-19-2006 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicbhoc (Post 947565)
DirectX is not crossplatform. I run Linux and I'm not going to change any time soon.

By using DirectX, there will be people who can't use the software. Like me.

Oh well, as I say:

Every operating system sucks. The problem is finding which one sucks the least (which, for me, is Linux).

Not much is truly cross platform anymore, not even the flash plugin. With that being said, Stepmania uses DirectX as well. It would seem it would just be a matter or porting and or releasing the source code so you could compile it for linux.

I am never one to promote Microsoft but when 96-98% of the people use Microsoft OS products, DirectX seems like a good bet if you are going to compile and deploy.

Cheers,

Synthlight

sonicbhoc 10-20-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthlight (Post 947589)
Not much is truly cross platform anymore, not even the flash plugin. With that being said, Stepmania uses DirectX as well. It would seem it would just be a matter or porting and or releasing the source code so you could compile it for linux.

I am never one to promote Microsoft but when 96-98% of the people use Microsoft OS products, DirectX seems like a good bet if you are going to compile and deploy.

Cheers,

Synthlight

Technically, stepmania supports both. And, if you look at stepmania's download page on sourceforge, only half of the downloads come from windows users, so it's not as high as 95%... If stepmania only supported directx they'd have only half of the amount of users they have now. As such, I can assume that making things crossplatform and advertising them in the right places can have a pretty good boost in downloads/sales/whatever.

jyris1 10-22-2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicbhoc (Post 949157)
Technically, stepmania supports both. And, if you look at stepmania's download page on sourceforge, only half of the downloads come from windows users, so it's not as high as 95%... If stepmania only supported directx they'd have only half of the amount of users they have now. As such, I can assume that making things crossplatform and advertising them in the right places can have a pretty good boost in downloads/sales/whatever.

If this is indeed true, I will consider making ddream open source and/or "cross-platform" in the future, if there is sufficient interest.

jyris1 10-28-2006 06:09 PM

New Version 0.74 is out.

1) 13 zoom levels + onscreen zoom indicator (older version only had 5 zoom levels and no indicator)
2) More accurate assist tick
3) fixed some skipping issues for slower computers
4) Option in File Properties that allows you to choose a Random BPM display

jyris1 11-23-2006 03:06 PM

At last, Version 0.80 released.

Featuring:

* Sub-beat support (for syncing to beats faster than quarter notes, for the hardcore synchers),
* True gap/offset (older versions did "nearest-measure" offset), and
* Improved beat nudging (precision is based on current zoom factor).

Get it now:

Kit- 11-23-2006 03:10 PM

I want your children.

Synthlight 11-23-2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicbhoc (Post 949157)

I know for a fact that 95%+ of the people that visit this site use windows. I also think you have your numbers very wrong. According to sourceforge stepmania downloads:

Windows: 46,065
linux: 1,682
Mac: 2,490
Uncompiled Source: 1,129

I would consider that more than half windows directX users.

Anyway, enough of this discussion. We need to keep on topic here.

Cheers,

Synthlight

jyris1 02-17-2007 10:28 AM

DDReam Studio just got easier to learn!

Pocket Guide:

http://ddreamstudio.ddrplace.com/pocketguide.html

If anyone has questions or suggestions, please post in this thread and add to the knowledge base. Good posts will be added to the permanent tutorial with credit to the author.

jyris1 03-31-2007 01:39 PM

For the supporters of the program,

VERSION 0.88 IS OUT! Featuring: another keyboard shortcut for snapping (Q, E), Fixed Sound Skipping, Fixed rare crash on nudge, supports #BACKGROUND, #BANNER, and #CDTITLE, and press Shift+F1 to fade the BACKGROUND in and out of view.

It's the "prettiest" release yet.

jyris1 04-23-2007 07:33 PM

NEW VERSION 0.90! Featuring:
1. Beat Grow (press "G" or Ctrl+Mouse Wheel to uniformly grow selected beats to a certain BPM),
2. support for "Beginner" and "Edit" stepcharts,
3. writes more space-efficient SM files,
4. Better Average BPM calculation,
5. mapped F5/F6, Ctrl+P, Shift+P to analogous SM functions (level switch, playback),
6. press "T" to toggle Time formats (normal, beats, samples),
7. BPM Pauses (Stops) now on a distinct layer and
8. pauses can be cut/pasted.

plasmix 04-23-2007 09:02 PM

Good stuff.

sujishishou 04-23-2007 10:19 PM

Yay!!!
I Am Goingin To Make Some Simfiles Now!!! Wooot!!!!

jyris1 05-12-2007 09:12 PM

INSTANT PRACTICE MODE (practice anytime, anywhere),
Very accurate Assist Tick (greatly improved),
very accurate B key for tapping along if you want to sync stuff that way, plain navy blue default wallpaper.

Get the new v.0.95 --
Click Here to Visit the Website

jyris1 06-19-2007 09:58 PM

New Version 0.98! Featuring:
* Record Mode (press R/Ctrl+R/Shift+R and then type the arrow keys to record steps in real time),
* note quantize,
* note "turn",
* window will scroll in that direction if mouse is dragged out of the window (for extended mouse select, etc.),
* warning message if SM simfile has doubles,
* warning message if audio is not 44.1 Khz/16-bit/Stereo.

Chromer 06-20-2007 12:54 AM

Being able to record steps is good news for me.