Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Couple haunted by odd noise (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=96583)

alster1 07-24-2008 09:47 AM

Couple haunted by odd noise

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080723/..._mystery_noise
Couple claims that they hear a rumbling motor noise, they know it's not their hearing problems, because when they leave the house, the sound stops... Even some of their neighbors can hear it.... Are we dealing with a ghost here????? Discuss

Crashfan3 07-24-2008 10:21 AM

Re: Couple haunted by odd noise

Publicity.

insanefreddy926 07-24-2008 02:43 PM

Ooo, sounds like a case of The Hum.

From Wikipedia:

"The Hum is a generic name for a series of phenomena involving a persistent and invasive low-frequency humming noise not audible to all people. Hums have been reported in various geographical locations. In some cases a source has been located. A well-known case was reported in Taos, New Mexico, and thus the Hum is sometimes called the Taos Hum. Hums have been reported all over the world, especially in Europe. A Hum"on the Big Island of Hawaii, typically related to volcanic action, is heard in locations dozens of miles apart. The local Hawaiians also say the Hum is most often heard by men. The Hum is most often described as sounding somewhat like a distant idling diesel engine. Typically the Hum is difficult to detect with microphones, and its source and nature are hard to localize."

EnR 07-24-2008 03:00 PM

they're ****ing 75 years old, they're prob just hearing ****, all in their heads/

OOORR, it's the Hum as stated a post before me.

Quote:

The Hum is most often described as sounding somewhat like a distant idling diesel engine. Typically the Hum is difficult to detect with microphones, and its source and nature are hard to localize."

alster1 07-24-2008 06:06 PM

Wait what?

pokelda 07-24-2008 06:15 PM

Whoever believes in ghosts are truly idiots. Those electronic magnetic sensor gizmo things them ghosthunters use? Fake.

Frozen Beat 07-24-2008 06:22 PM

What? No! You can't just go and say that?

I don't think either way, but what proof do you have?

EnR 07-24-2008 06:26 PM

Oh btw.

Everything is made of atoms.

Explain how a "spirit" is made of ****ing atoms.

HENCE THEY DON'T EXIST. KBYE

tuv 07-24-2008 06:50 PM

Maybe ghost are something like blackholes that arn't made up of anything

tuv 07-24-2008 06:51 PM

or maybe it's a biological thing in your head that makes you hear and see these things

TheRapingDragon 07-24-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokelda (Post 2386785)
Whoever believes in ghosts are truly idiots.

I have a huge story about my childhood years that lasted about three years. I can still tell most of the details accurately, including hearing things, seeing things, recurring dreams and whatnot.

I don't exactly believe in "ghosts" but unfortunately that's the closest term I can come up with when explaining what I dealt with during those years.

So ya, I guess I must be an idiot then.

Also, freaky enough to add to the story. A while back I was talking with one of my sisters about ghosts and she said how she once saw a ghost. I got her to describe it and the description she gave was exactly the same as what I remember. Freaky how she also recalled the same description without me ever telling her what I saw.

How fun is life, I mean seriously.

Frozen Beat 07-24-2008 07:05 PM

I remember having hallucinations of skeletons walking towards me in the middle of the night. I also remember having a couple about some simple cartoon characters, and I remember one of my mother sitting on a chair, it looked like she was sitting, explaining something with detail. She would glance at the ceiling sometimes, and make hand signs.

I don't have these anymore. Only as a child.

tuv 07-24-2008 07:17 PM

I once thought my mother's house coat was a ghost I couldn't sleep when it was hanging off the door I called it boby

insanefreddy926 07-24-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnR (Post 2386803)
Oh btw.

Everything is made of atoms.

Explain how a "spirit" is made of ****ing atoms.

HENCE THEY DON'T EXIST. KBYE

Just because something isn't made out of atoms doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Light exists, but it isn't made out of atoms. Dark matter isn't either. Neutrinos and other subatomic particles exist by themselves without making up an entire atom. So there are plenty other particles for ghosts to be made out of. Maybe we haven't even discovered it yet.

And yeah, I think it is ignorant not to believe in ghosts, or at least not to believe in the possibility that there are ghosts. As for the actual hum, I don't think a ghost is causing it. It could be from a geologic source or maybe a trembling of a muscle in the inner ear makes the eardrum vibrate, causing them to think they are hearing the noise.

Netjet! 07-24-2008 07:32 PM

I love ghosthunters :D They act like pussies.

So I laugh at them.

i love gabba 07-24-2008 07:35 PM

I remember seeing a girl (not clearly) sitting in my staiway lolz, otherwise, maybe the sound is just like, idk, something. We were all crazy when we were young ;PPP. I dont think its a ghost

who_cares973 07-24-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuv (Post 2386863)
Maybe ghost are something like blackholes that arn't made up of anything

look up what a black hole is then come back and try again

alster1 07-24-2008 07:44 PM

All of you that are saying that it's an hearing problem, I'm not sure if you read the entire article, which said that they don't hear the strange sounds when they leave the house.... So it obviously isn't their age/ hearing problems...

5.points 07-24-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

"It's worse in the winter."
Maybe it's there furnace?

jugglinguy 07-24-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insanefreddy926 (Post 2386271)
Ooo, sounds like a case of The Hum.

From Wikipedia:

"The Hum is a generic name for a series of phenomena involving a persistent and invasive low-frequency humming noise not audible to all people. Hums have been reported in various geographical locations. In some cases a source has been located. A well-known case was reported in Taos, New Mexico, and thus the Hum is sometimes called the Taos Hum. Hums have been reported all over the world, especially in Europe. A Hum"on the Big Island of Hawaii, typically related to volcanic action, is heard in locations dozens of miles apart. The local Hawaiians also say the Hum is most often heard by men. The Hum is most often described as sounding somewhat like a distant idling diesel engine. Typically the Hum is difficult to detect with microphones, and its source and nature are hard to localize."

Get your soundstone ready!

p.s. do tell TRD