Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143935)

Hakulyte 02-26-2016 10:29 AM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4411524)
question #1) did you get roleblocked or did the kill not go through? #2) are you fake claiming that you used your vigi?

1.) I got roleblocked.
2.) I have no reason to fake claim here. (Unless I'm the SK. If you guys are convinced I'm the SK and doesn't come to conclusions by the end of this phase, lynch me. I'm serious. I already used all my abilities and I should have about the same value as a VT and we can afford to mislynch me to simplify information.)

storn42 02-26-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4411535)
1.) I got roleblocked.
2.) I have no reason to fake claim here. (Unless I'm the SK. If you guys are convinced I'm the SK and doesn't come to conclusions by the end of this phase, lynch me. I'm serious. I already used all my abilities and I should have about the same value as a VT and we can afford to mislynch me to simplify information.)

except why not fake claim? assuming you are the vigi, it would be wise to not shoot the night after you claim when there is a 1 shot roleblock in game. they use the roleblock on you instead of killing you and you get to keep your vigi. I'm not saying you aren't the vigi here. its just that it might be a possibility. dont ask me why im so thorough in saying that you could fakeclaim as town, it might be comming off as scummy, but you know :P

then again.. now that i think about it... why would you fake claim the shooting? now that i've actually read up on the rules, if the roleblock was used on you and you didn't shoot wouldn't you still get notified? again, its good to tell people that the roleblock was used and you would say weather or not you used the kill. in other words im just stupid.

Hakulyte 02-26-2016 11:29 AM

Claiming Medic near EoD objectively speaking was a bad play. The problem is that it did happen. Ironically, the claim of "who's the Medic" could have gone into any direction and I think it was a good idea to out myself to reduce the possibilities of what could be used against us. It felt safe because I was about to use my last ability anyway and become the equivalent of a Town. My worse case scenario was me getting lynched during Day 2 phase and I did flip a coin for that. I can't predict what you all do in 5 minutes. I just assumed it wouldn't be "Haku hard claimed Medic? Everyone kill Haku".

I assumed that even if my shot was roleblocked, the roleblock itself was enough information in the first place to justify the shot.
I assumed I wouldn't die because my play made me look incredibly bad Day 2 and opened doors to start a counter-play. I could have died tho and this game would have gone in a fairly different way.

In terms of why for my actions:

If I died (I recognize that was still a fairly likely possibility), saving my shot is completely stupid and pointless.
I had to shoot to get information.
I got my information; it's that I've been roleblocked.
If I didn't shoot, I would have known nothing and would be just looking bad right now because I hard claimed and did nothing to follow through from my own actions.
Therefore it wasn't a choice and I had to shoot.

I've chosen DAP because I wanted to test my own Day 1 call + "I have a feeling" Psychic soft-claims + I want you to realize that you've been looking too Town this entire game. Everyone would have jumped off a bridge in your name for how useful you've been. You can call this paranoia on my side and you would be fairly right, but that's how I see it. I also find it funny that you're now considering going with "zebra cakes" as if you also realized how we've been all looking way too Town.

It's both detrimental for Town and Mafia to look too much Town.

#I feel liked I learned something here.

Hakulyte 02-26-2016 12:08 PM

I feel like it's about time I explain my thought process toward the entirety of this game. I'm going to use pictures because it feels more refreshing than typing wall of texts.

My play is centered around one thing: "Gathering Information" and doing everything in my power to make that happen. (this include claiming unlikely things, acting in a certain way, etc. etc.)
I did this because I feel like I had to do it to compensate this incredibly terrorizing thing that is cardflips: OFF .
This mechanic all by itself is the reason why I'm freaking out and trying all sorts of things.

I did my usual "I'm a Productive Game Solving Town" meta and got generally soft-pocketed by everyone. At about half ot Day 1, I started to realize it was a double edged sword. It opened the door for anyone to be seen as Town as long as they helped me. I still needed information and the content in general felt interesting enough to shut up and just let the game progress as it was fulfilling my goal at the moment.

This is the turning point where I started to feel like that I no longer had the ability to continue the game normally. I was just in the dark most of this phase and decided to do something unusual which was to completely switch my meta and become "retarded" in hope it creates different situations where we can gather new information.

I also started using reverse psychology(saying the opposite of what I think, becoming unproductive/scum-looking/doing illogical calls @ YoshL is Wolf) and attempted to play the Suicide Card to keep a middle ground between making myself look bad while also trying to not die either. I wanted to become useless/irrelevant and also hopefully see interesting stuff happen from a distance.

I survived up to this point and used my 1-shot vigi on N2. This ends my entire play for this game in terms of actions and shenanigans.

From this point you guys will need to solve the game without my help because I really have nothing else left to throw into this game. I'm just hoping rzr can take over and explain the rest from here because it feels like he knows a lot of stuff that I don't know.

Honestly, if you just lied here to see what happens, I'm going to be salty. At same time, I can see it working to generate reactions but still, that was very out of character of you to call that.

Anyway, this is just like Day 1 phase, I'm going to work soon and will not come back until later on.

Charu, if you're reading this, I invite you to pressure the hell out of rzr. Something's not right here.

Red Blaster 02-26-2016 12:40 PM

Ok

AragakiAyase 02-26-2016 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4411369)
was digging through red blaster's posts and something doesn't sit well

these are the only two real posts where he mentions zenith. the first post he mentions zenith in the context of charu's case and doesn't seem to think much of it, in the next one he admits that zenith would be on his suspect list, and then for seemingly no reason zenith/me progresses more and more on the scum list until it gets to this

I see nothing that would make that happen especially since zenith hadn't posted at all after red blaster made those first posts

I'd like to see this addressed at some point

Hakulyte 02-26-2016 01:36 PM

Okay, I need to clarify something because I massively derped and didn't realize something about roleblocking.

I thought you could roleblock a player and that the roleblock action itself would defend that player from getting targeted by an action. I confused this with the Medic save.

Also, hitting a bulletproof vest doesn't trigger a pm to inform me that I got roleblocked. (obviously <_<" )

..and since I got roleblocked by X mafia player it doesn't prove anything about DBP.

So.. suddenly I realize that a good part of what I just said doesn't make sense.

Sorry.

Xiz 02-26-2016 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4411504)
blah blah blah long post thing

Damn it haku. You realize it would have been way better for rzr to explain himself first, THEN make this statement? We would have gotten way more information out of his perspective then you telling us what you think his perspective is :\

Hakulyte 02-26-2016 02:07 PM

I don't know if you realize it, but what I'm posting doesn't even work?
I don't see how he could make it work even if you gave him miracle reads and everyhing.
I'm convinced he's lying.

I wanted to post that long wall of text in hope the other players try to iso the game in the same way and see if it's even possible to somehow get to a conclusion. I'm personally failing to make this work even if I gave myself a perfect game and out of this world reads.

I could end up with the right names, but it wouldn't be a 100% call.

Regardless, he does need to post.

botchi246 02-26-2016 02:16 PM

Epitaph: I Hate You All

Xiz 02-26-2016 02:22 PM

Don't get me wrong, what you posted was good and I like it. But, rzr needed to have said that.

Xiz 02-26-2016 02:22 PM

I wanted you to post that AFTER he posted his thing. Understand what I mean?

Hakulyte 02-26-2016 02:34 PM

btw, here's my current read list before I go to work:

1. rzr - Town

This could change very quickly if you can't explain your call.

2. Red Blaster - Town

I was uncertain about you but you posted "I'm human" when you were most likely about to potentially get killed over that KitB. It's possible you lied, but I want to believe you didn't. You also didn't post much so, I don't really have anything against or for you and that's a good thing.

3. roundbox Killed by SK n0 - (???) (Confirmed Town or Mafia) (Not identified who, but 2 Towns - 1 Mafia)

(One of the 3 possible players that could be Mafia#1 from Botchi's Psychic use)

4. Vendetta21 fontisian - Hard Claimed - Vanilla Town

I'm having a hard time gauging where you are because you've stayed fairly low-profile in terms of activity. Welcome to you fontisian, you're looking good so far. I'm looking forward to see how you interact with others.

5. XelNya Killed by SK n1 - (???) (Confirmed Town or Mafia) (Not identified who, but 2 Towns - 1 Mafia)

6. Xiz - Null/Town lean

You're going to have to do some explanation with DBP about that whole Psychic story. Your intentions looks pure, but not too pure either. I think you're in a good spot overall. I want to believe you're Town, but there's things to do for you today.

7. DaBackPack - Null

I don't care what you rolled, you're playing really well overall and I'm tempted to wait and see if there's not more to do about you. I want to apologize for targeting you because I misunderstood roleblock mechanic and thought you were just playing dumb by telling me you don't understand what I mean. My fault. As for the 1-shot vigi use, it's mostly because I'm sticking to my old theory of you being potentially the SK + that fake-claiming psychic stuff. Thanks for not getting mad over me being dumb. I think you're fairly clear now, at least for me, but I'm still going to leave you Null because I'm not sure what to think of you atm tbh.

8. Hakulyte - Hard Claimed - Medic

9. cedolad storn42 - Town

Not gonna lie, I'm starting to think Null because of tone, but whatever. Keep posting more if you can.

10. botchi246 Killed by Mafia n2 - Hard Claimed - Psychic

Same as the others who was about to die and Hard Claimed.

11. Tokzic Killed by Mafia n0 - Town

(confirmed Town because killed by Mafia and SK still alive)

12. reuben_tate - Town

I consider him inactive and if you're Mafia, I hate you.

13. Charu - Hard Claimed - Vanilla Town

I'm not touching you for the rest of the game. Your call before almost getting lynched looked legit. If I'm wrong I hate you.

14. tiloco217 Makilaz Yoshl Killed by SK n2 - Null

I feel bad because I just wanted to do a faint on you and the SK ended up targeting you anyway. You're really making me look bad right now and it's my own fault.

15. danceflashrevo Lynched d2 - Null/Mafia(?)

I mean, I did vote you Day 1 with Vendetta and maybe we weren't wrong after all. There's plenty of people who believe you could be one of them.

16. helphelp11 Lynched d1 - (???) (Confirmed Town or Mafia) (Not identified who, but 2 Towns - 1 Mafia)

17. Sinistrosuede Modkilled n2 - (???)

Potential Mafia here. Honestly this sucks for Mafia's Team if that's really the case.

18. _Zenith_ AragakiAyase - Null

I can see you become a policy lynch, but I think people are overreacting because of Zenith's play. You're being really relevant and pertinent so far, I want to believe we should keep you in the game as long as we can.

19. SKG_Scintill - Town

I don't think you're crazy enough to play like you did as Mafia. #personal opinion

gtg work 'later.

Red Blaster 02-26-2016 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4411561)
I'd like to see this addressed at some point

Nothing to address.
Just because I wasn't shooting off post after post about wanting to lynch someone doesn't equate to me having any less of a conviction in wanting to kill them. I was vocal about it with you and I also expressed feeling shitty about it but you clearly omitted those posts.

Honestly you should've died in dfr's place but people tend to go full on cheesecake at eod every single time.

rzr 02-26-2016 04:11 PM

man I was smashed last night fuck - catching up and putting some shit together for analysis
I may have been mistaken about Yosh that was leaning more towards Haku's read/pressure
I'm still confident dfr was scum, especially with the shit show at EoD, in plain terms it made me more comfortable with everyone votes swaying then his stagnancy.
Botchi says there were 3 wolves left before he died, moving from there on given the deaths I would say it's probably x/1 or x/2, though I can't be too sure. I do believe I can ping out one more wolf for today, that's the case I'll be putting together this evening for you gentlemen

Red Blaster 02-26-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4411581)
man I was smashed last night fuck - catching up and putting some shit together for analysis
I may have been mistaken about Yosh that was leaning more towards Haku's read/pressure
I'm still confident dfr was scum, especially with the shit show at EoD, in plain terms it made me more comfortable with everyone votes swaying then his stagnancy.
Botchi says there were 3 wolves left before he died, moving from there on given the deaths I would say it's probably x/1 or x/2, though I can't be too sure. I do believe I can ping out one more wolf for today, that's the case I'll be putting together this evening for you gentlemen

You said you had something good

rzr 02-26-2016 04:39 PM

Don't I always? I'm about 99% sure I know who is a wolf, putting that case together like I said I would, but also trying to analyze the 1/x 2/x possibility to put a partner to the name I have in mind

rzr 02-26-2016 04:42 PM

In the mean time I'm wondering;
who would feel intimidated by Roundbox, Xel, and YoshL - in that order evidently.

No newbs stand out in that category

Xiz 02-26-2016 04:49 PM

@Haku read this again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4411449)
Oh god lol. Yup. You based that logic off of me thinking that Charu was the real psychic. Remember that whole thing when charu was like "three left" or something? It was because of that I thought he was the real PR.

It was the reason I had two worlds, where charu was listed as town and one and mafia in the other, it depended on if "three left" meant he knew 3 from being partners, or 3 from knowing due to psychic. THAT's why when I said 1 between round/help, it was based off of charu's slip and I thought you saw it to, and thats what I thought you were confirming, when I said "nvm im gonna risk and change my stance to help being a wolf"

And it's because of THAT, I thought you were going to cover for Charu (at that time, before he claimed town) then I thought you were going to cover for Haku, after I tried hinting that to you, hence my whole "never voting haku" thing.

So in the end, when I asked if you knew what I mean, we both were on completely different pages.

Xiz 02-26-2016 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4411589)
In the mean time I'm wondering;
who would feel intimidated by Roundbox, Xel, and YoshL - in that order evidently.

No newbs stand out in that category

The way I see it, roundbox was random, xel was to frame V, and yoshl because haku thought he was mafia at EOD, along with red and me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4411041)
YoshL is Wolf
Red Blaster is Wolf
Xiz is scum lean and pocketed me.

I see it the opposite rzr, I think the SK is a weaker player.