Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

Vendetta21 11-10-2016 05:40 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

aragaki ayase is clearly, clearly, clearly fucking town. i mean he could be some sort of SK or neutral role but his investment level, his completely lack of a filter, and the signs that he is processing shit and constantly changing his minds are some super strong indicators here

MixMasterLar 11-10-2016 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492108)
Can't promise anything on the sober part, but all I did in Survivors was try to convince people to not use the optimal town strategy in favor of fun and sport. I was a wolf in that game, so how is my post liking Freezin's reads wolfy in the slightest? That is what youre implying, right? Please elucidate, because I'm in the dark as to how you could get that impression.

Freezin totes gave more info than "a column of names and a column of reads". It was underwhelming, yes (given the hype he built), but it seemed logical and natural and his reads were both hot and good. Hot AND good. They were also Freezin as Ice though, and not full of hot air.

You and I where both wolves.
You where quick to ask me questions, but always agreed.
Or it at least felt that way, that was a short game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freezin (Post 4492114)
You suck MML, did you not retain any info from my post? I'm totally going to lynch inactives till you get me a good reason not to. Don't feel like combing Yoshls posts again, but off the top of my head:

Things I liked:

His interaction with you
His push on storm

Things I disliked:

His opening jab on AA felt forced
His later arguements with dfr made little sense to me
I disagree with him about wolf choreographed posts

And I wouldn't tinfoil on his inactivity, he still overall has alot of posts. And maybe he, you know, has a life?

1-I can't retain info you didn't provide
2-that's the type of info that should have been included without me having to ask.
3-Around here we always get town inactives. By lynching inactives you are literally just spinning the wheel and hope you get one. By contrast there's pretty much always at least one active wolf/scum ob d0 that will probably give himself away if you keep a sharp eye and pay attention (instead of wasting energy trying to convince people to play TWG Lotto with the inactives). Getting a wolf d0 will put us in a great position and you squander the chance by not trying to seriously hunt. You want the best for town, right?
4- High post count doesn't mean high content, but I will concede that we have another entire day left and he could bounce back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendetta21 (Post 4492120)
Totally forgot about this game because I was super absorbed in the election. Just now getting home will go through the game now

Jesus Christ V rofl wtf

I'm going to bed but keep posting.I'll respond when I wake up in like 9 hours lol.

MixMasterLar 11-10-2016 05:45 AM

I do agree with that AA read, however.

Vendetta21 11-10-2016 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4492059)
Oh wait, I get the joke. There's nothing.

Good one.

actually, the bolded is the important part here. yes you have no single "wolfy" posts, but i kind of follow roundbox's presence of mind because i was starting to feel the same way about you.

you're extremely neutral and you overreact melodramatically to the first vote you receive, with such a blasé nonchalance. nothing you've done really shows any investment in the game and yet you keep reading and posting. effortless activity just to be a part of the discussion, white noise, a familial tone where it doesn't seem appropriate yet -- your lack of intent seems to be shimmering from behind the veil.

xelnya

Vendetta21 11-10-2016 06:07 AM

One note on lynching inactives early as a policy approach is that the town has a great deal less control over which inactive dies than the wolves do at this point, so the policy will strongly favor wolf influence (since it will only take one or two posts) and policy lynching is also just weak play because it doesn't create new interactions between you and them.

New players or players who are bad at confrontation are usually attracted to policy lynching. And afrobean but afrobean writes 1500 word posts on Facebook about voting Jill Stein so that's a lost cause. Point here is that a lean towards policy lynching inactives is a null tell, but if you find yourself attracted to it you should question if your attraction is because you are looking for an easy option rather than a more effective option, and maybe play the game a little harder

storn42 11-10-2016 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4492092)
TL;DR

so, a few things here. first: your information on me is wrong. not once have i ever scum read DFR this game, nor did i ever say that i had a top scum. But you woof read me, which is fine. I'll agree with you on that. My play has been shit. My next problem is that you'd rather lynch some random inactive than one of your woof leans, such as me or GS. So despite the fact that you have people you believe have the possibility of being a woof, you'd rather take a random shot in the dark. I'm also not a big fan of your "wolf tendencies" it honestly feels like a woof trying hard to look towny. something they can just point back to and say "look! this is what a woof would do and im not doing it. i cant be a woof!" Perhaps not even in thread, but just mentally as well.

I would also like to point back to an interaction on which you read me woofy for. Soon after i had placed my vote on AA, you decided to come in and vote AA yourself, but then as soon as i backed off, you decided to back off as well.... coincidence? possibly...

FreezinIce

storn42 11-10-2016 08:00 AM

now to address the whole AA thing:

I wasn't in the right frame of mind at the time. Not playing TWG in a while, i really didn't like how AA was attacking me and trying to make me rush to attack someone else despite the fact that we had more than 24 hours to continue collecting information and hunting woofs. while i felt at the time that i was doing what i could to help town, while also doing nothing out of the ordinary for me. someones going to read that as a scum slip i know...

pretty much it comes down to OMGUS. i attacked AA cus he attacked me. I then thought about it, realized i didn't like the state of mind i was in, so i unvoted and left thread so that i may clear my mind and come back ready to find some scum.

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 08:29 AM

have another exam in 40 min but here's where I'm at atm

1) AragakiAyase
2) storn42 - town lean, storn pushing on me is usually a sign he's town and he actually addressed his unvote (thought he wasn't going to, would've been a red flag) and made another push onto freezin that seems reasonable
3) Yoshl - town lean, aggression seems pretty standard, from what I've seen of his wolf game he struggles more to create coherent arguments and I haven't had problems with what he's said so far
4) juckter1 wineandbread - lol
5) roundbox - null, maybe slight town lean, his alignment feels heavily linked to xel atm
6) MixMasterLar - town lean, posts are ok for now and he did his town tell
7) XelNya - ??? no idea, he had one angry post when roundbox scumread him but eh
8) psychoangel691 Precarious - lol. also noteworthy is that wolf precarious loves mechanics even more than normal, I guess we'll see if that comes out
9) Vendetta21 - idk how to read this guy tbh
10) R.E. Aryxi Hakulyte - null
11) FreezinIce - null, read could go either way, need to look more closely at big post
12) ShadoWolfe - null
13) Pazzaz - lmao
14) Charu - no bad vibes, maybe the slightest of town leans
15) Andy-o24 - town lean, push on me seems rather risky for scum
16) gold stinger - town lean because dicks of all things (yes I'm serious)
17) botchi246 - lol
18) danceflashrevo - null, his tone is *very* weird, but he doesn't feel too off his game. he does feel less inquisitive than usual but I think I have an idea of what's going on with dfr so I'd rather not touch today
19) _Zenith_ - null, he's been very lame this game but he did this last game as town, not going to give a pass for bad behavior though
20) Tokzic - *slight* town lean, I thought his push onto storn and a few of his posts were solid, since then he's poofed

wow that's a lot of nulls and not very many scum leans

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 08:30 AM

I'd probably support a xelnya lynch at this point though

YoshL 11-10-2016 08:34 AM

i didnt reread yet, so i missed some days of posts.

skimming, super surprised that freezins analysis of me completely ignores the fact that my activity has plummeted to near non existence after the initial outburst of shit at the beginning of the game, and that ive left a vote on haku and done nothing else recently

@V the problem with what youve said about AA is that for him, investment level is never indicative of his alignment

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4492114)
You suck MML, did you not retain any info from my post? I'm totally going to lynch inactives till you get me a good reason not to. Don't feel like combing Yoshls posts again, but off the top of my head:

Things I liked:

His interaction with you
His push on storm

Things I disliked:

And I wouldn't tinfoil on his inactivity, he still overall has alot of posts. And maybe he, you know, has a life?

wait don't you have scumreads in that big post? why don't you pressure them?

YoshL 11-10-2016 08:40 AM

that feel when mindmeld with mml

YoshL 11-10-2016 08:47 AM

re-reading freezinice's post, it's actually kinda disgusting. Over half of it is talking about "how I believe wolves will play" as well as "commentary about mystery games". It's literally all padding, even including the text formatting, and anyone who's glancing over things would probably be more likely to be placated by that.

When he actually talks about his reads list, it's much less of an actual analysis on people's behavior and mindset that relates back to the stuff he put in the first half of his post, but more of just a surface level "this guy did this, and did this and did this. town/wolf/null lean."

The amount of effort made to talk about how he thinks twg should be played and how he believes wolves should be played is really something anyone can do. gushing about what they believe to be a generalization of all wolf play is not hard. commenting on the game is not hard.

Like, all this, from at least what i'm seeing is a purposeful attempt to try and resize his post to be as big and as intimidating as possible and I really dislike that, given that it feels like a wave of dishonesty and attempted cover beating on the shore

freezinice

YoshL 11-10-2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendetta21 (Post 4492124)
here i am, playing. i don't know what the quotes are meant to insinuate you jerk

the last time i remember you twg-ing, it was sad because you just kinda didn't do anything and got lynched as a wolf for it :/

YoshL 11-10-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4492114)

Things I liked:

His interaction with you
His push on storm

Things I disliked:

Things I don't remember doing:
Pushing on storn
Opening jab on AA

also, it's valid to say that you'd refuse to tinfoil on inactivity, given a good base of posts otherwise. However, I'm pretty sure that I made it clear that I've still been around with very basic posts that hardly contributed much to the game. Like, I offered stuff like a vote on hakulyte, comment that i'd totally lynch inactives, etc. but there was no player analysis, no pushes on anyone, no prodding, or anything. I was pretty clearly in thread.

Also, i didn't realize that charu somehow has the most posts in the thread????????

YoshL 11-10-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4492138)
@V the problem with what youve said about AA is that for him, investment level is never indicative of his alignment

also to extend on this, while I don't think his investment level, or ability to actually have dynamic reads during game progression is alignment indicative for AA, for a lack of a way to accurately describe my read on AA, it's still pretty gut leaning town at this moment.

It's mostly the posting style that's much more inquisitive as a town than wolf that I see from AA, but while this is technically a meta read, i'd like to attribute it to gut, because at least recently, I've shown that I'm really good at remembering shit wrong

YoshL 11-10-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4492092)
After this, I had a detailed reads list on every player. Problem is, due to replacements I had to keep editing shit, and eventually about 5 players in I ran out of care. So now you get the quick and dirty version designed so that i can finally get this out before I explode. Not going to include replacements cause fuck.

re-reading giant post again

this feels so cognizant of himself, given the size of the overall post.

he "had a detailed reads list" but decided to give the "quick and dirty version" because...people replaced out?

People replacing out should not change your analysis on those who are still in the game and intact.

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4492149)
re-reading giant post again

this feels so cognizant of himself, given the size of the overall post.

he "had a detailed reads list" but decided to give the "quick and dirty version" because...people replaced out?

People replacing out should not change your analysis on those who are still in the game and intact.

Wait I misread that as him losing his detailed reads list somehow with people replacing out, so then he came up with a quick version instead
But this reeks of someone trying to project that they've done more work than they actually have

freezinice

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 10:07 AM

Zenith idgaf if you don't like the game just play already, your attitude is garbage

andy-o24 11-10-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4492141)
gushing about what they believe to be a generalization of all wolf play is not hard. commenting on the game is not hard.

+1 It's actually quite easy. See my posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492155)
Zenith idgaf if you don't like the game just play already, your attitude is garbage

Also +1

Zenith should get over himself and contribute. I don't care if he's wolf or town, his attitude is garbage and I'd rather see him provide bad analysis than essentially "I hate the people who play this game, so I'm gonna be inactive"

AA you're cleared from my initial scum read. Your posts seem genuinely intent on solving the game, and none have stuck out to me as weird like the initial one I mentioned.

YoshL I still read town, Xel is still kinda scummy but I'll put him on null, MML is playing like MML plays from what I've seen. I misread him in a turbo game, so my input on him is useless.

Inactives are inactives, and I think it would be wolfy attitude to try and convince the town to shoot in the dark at them especially since the wolves know they are town. I'd much rather lynch on some information than no information.

I can get behind the freezin lynch because of that, though I do thank him for postulating wolf strategies. I'll hold off on my vote for now, but he's top spot for me.

The rest I'm too lazy on right now and have class in an hour. Maybe after class I'll give some more feelings.

-o24