Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

roundbox 11-9-2016 10:04 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492023)
I think the sudden shift from Xel from Ambassador to Arby's into a contributing (at least relatively) player is kinda scummy. I can get behind that read.

-o24

I disagree on the reasoning for your read.

Xel is wolfy because he is a wolf.

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 10:06 PM

roundbox/xel probably not partners lmao

andy-o24 11-9-2016 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492025)
why

twenty-and-a-half pages of Arby's Xel until he seems to realize he can't keep up the character like I assume Xiz did in another game.
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4491713)
Guess we're done with this because I lack the level of commitment Xiz has

And then a sudden shift into a real player accented by 8 posts in a row, 6 of which have at least decent content in them, some better than others. The shift in tone/character wasn't prompted by anything that I could see.

-o24

roundbox 11-9-2016 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492029)
twenty-and-a-half pages of Arby's Xel until he seems to realize he can't keep up the character like I assume Xiz did in another game.

And then a sudden shift into a real player accented by 8 posts in a row, 6 of which have at least decent content in them, some better than others. The shift in tone/character wasn't prompted by anything that I could see.

-o24

Most people have a shitposting phase that they eventually break out of to start playing the game. I think he hit a point where he felt like he could actually make an observational post.

You missed the posts where he looks wolfy, though.

andy-o24 11-9-2016 10:22 PM

I will concede that's probably true, roundbox, but his shift was so sudden. Either way, if you have a scum read and I have a scum read, does the reason why matter?

-o24

AragakiAyase 11-9-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492029)

-o24

you don't think that could be him just getting in gear for the game as town?

andy-o24 11-9-2016 10:27 PM

It could, yes. But I'd rather read such a sudden shift in character as a scummy thing to do. I'm sure Xel will be around to refute this, and then analysis can proceed from there.

brb like 1 hour.

-o24

roundbox 11-9-2016 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492031)
I will concede that's probably true, roundbox, but his shift was so sudden. Either way, if you have a scum read and I have a scum read, does the reason why matter?

-o24

It does matter to me.

Hakulyte 11-9-2016 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi (Post 4491678)
Another mislynch if more votes are placed on me but whatever mang

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi (Post 4491682)
Sorry to keep you in hold homie but i promise to have a full detailed post explaining my reasons for the previous posts. I need just need some rest and after I'm off tomorrow I'll have my post up as promised. This game requires alot of energy i don't normally have :(

I just wanted to say that this is an identical scenario to Turbo VII D0 mislynch on him.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4491676)
Alignment indicative how? What points?
You just dropped a "reads" list that didn't mention Andy or YoshL or DFR or MML.

Actually, I'm ISOing you right now and there isn't a single mention of them at all throughout the entire thing aside from that one post after you finished reading thread.

In fact, 100% of posts were shitposting until #398 and #399, in which you said that DFR was null, implied null on YoshL "I can agree with some of the points that Yoshl had with his reasons", said "Andy is doing good to try to get tha ball rolling though", and didn't really leave a read on either of the above. Then you say you normally mindmeld with Lar but aren't this game, without actually going anywhere with it.

To make matters worse, your followup post is an afterthought of a reads list with three nulls, one "u good"(me), and one "null to wolf lean", without actually providing any basis for any of those reads (or even the slightest of reasons other than "meatball subs suck", or having ever mentioned anything about any of those people before. That made me wary, because it felt like you had thought you should put a reads list down, but couldn't really figure out what to say or what reasoning to give, so you just put names and memes down to look like you're hunting.

Then, things got even worse. MML asked why his game felt weird to you, and you respond with #401 (aka the quoted post above), in which your first sentence about YoshL doesn't relate to anything anyone's said or asked. More importantly, though, you take back your implied weirdness of MML's game and say that "there were some points during yosh+dfr+andy interactions where posts were alignment indicative". Problem with that is, you had just nulled basically everyone there and hadn't mentioned anything "alignment indicative" in your reads post.

That's contradictory. Even if it weren't, this sort of vagueness and hesitance/indecisiveness alone is something I'd expect to see in wolf R.E. Aryxi, not town.

I have no clue where he was going to go with this.
To his defense, I'd say that what matters is that he tried to go somewhere.
I'm discarding his reads and I'm going to come up with my own.

danceflashrevo 11-9-2016 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492037)
I just wanted to say that this is an identical scenario to Turbo VII D0 mislynch on him.

Why are you bringing this up?

_Zenith_ 11-9-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492011)
hakulyte

Okay.

Hakulyte 11-9-2016 10:53 PM

Why would I not bring this up?

roundbox 11-9-2016 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492042)
Why would I not bring this up?

+1
why is this a problem now DFR?

danceflashrevo 11-9-2016 11:05 PM

Because he's replacing him, also we already had some discussion on it. I find it kinda unnecessary to clear yourself through your former slot. I think that should be left up to everyone else. But I'm wrong apparently so w/e.

Hakulyte 11-9-2016 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4492045)
Because he's replacing him, also we already had some discussion on it. I find it kinda unnecessary to clear yourself through your former slot. I think that should be left up to everyone else. But I'm wrong apparently so w/e.

I'm as clear as the others want me to be. I thought that was an interesting way to approach my own slot tbh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4491676)
That's contradictory. Even if it weren't, this sort of vagueness and hesitance/indecisiveness alone is something I'd expect to see in wolf R.E. Aryxi, not town.

Remember when I asked him last game "if he finally didn't roll town?"
It's because R.E. Aryxi never rolled wolf and he still doesn't have a "wolf meta".
You should know that.
Yet, you brought up it's something you'd expect from a "wolf R.E. Aryxi".
This very exact same hesitance/indecisiveness got him mislynched D0 last game.
He literally left the thread without a defense.

TWG Ike 11-9-2016 11:40 PM

wineandbread has replaced juckter1, effective immediately

MixMasterLar 11-9-2016 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492023)
I think the sudden shift from Xel from Ambassador to Arby's into a contributing (at least relatively) player is kinda scummy. I can get behind that read.

-o24

Naw, most if not all players do it to one degree or another. Xel was very pronounced but he did it at a natural point in time (when there was plenty of content to comment on) but not under any real pressure to do something. Contrast this with Something lile the toneshift Freezin gave sharply after AA grilled his ass; while you can say that Freezin felt pressured and scared of being caught as wolf into changing thier game to avoid fire, this Point of View cannot be applied to Xel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492024)
This was a legitimate question, I can't say I understand why you think I'm in fixation land. You want me to answer on those particular players?

DFR had a very awkward defense of andy, but everything else has been rather fine. I think I had a good grasp of him
I'd have to take a deeper look at Sharp.
Always disappointed in inactives of course, but would prefer a lynch outside of that pool for D0 at least. Tomorrow is a different story.

Because it's all you seemed willing to talk about on your own
Who is sharp?
No thoughts on DFR defending G.S?

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492030)
Most people have a shitposting phase that they eventually break out of to start playing the game. I think he hit a point where he felt like he could actually make an observational post.

You missed the posts where he looks wolfy, though.

I missed them too. Quote them for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492031)

-o24

It ALWAYS matters.
You'll (hopefully) see why as the phase continues, but it always matters. Don 't let people silently place votes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4492045)

I thought it a good comparison, frankly. It seemed Haku was pointing out how Aryxi gets mislynched likehe just recently did.

Actually Haku, is there a bigger implication to your post you would like to share with the class? Or am I reading too far into you're comment?

andy-o24 11-9-2016 11:42 PM

So, Vendetta, Pazzaz and botchi are still low activity. How deep does the replacement list run?

-o24

Charu 11-9-2016 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Ike (Post 4492050)
wineandbread has replaced juckter1, effective immediately

Keep 'em coming, mmm

roundbox 11-9-2016 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492051)
I missed them too. Quote them for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492026)
I disagree on the reasoning for your read.

Xel is wolfy because he is a wolf.

here you go MML