Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Video Proof (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=6949)

Cenright 02-3-2004 12:37 AM

Video Proof

This Sticky is not just for AO. This is for anyone who feels that they were questioned and wants to prove themselves, or someone who has a video and just wants to post it, you may post your links and questions here.

Please keep non-video related posts to a minimum.

Kilgamayan 02-3-2004 01:27 AM

You might want to explain how someone can go from VHS or w.e to an .mpeg/.avi. I personally wouldn't know how to provide a video if I was grilled.

Cenright 02-3-2004 07:47 AM

That can be done if you have a camera to usb/firewire cable. I DO know that Adobe Premier can convert using the "capture" feature, but I don't do too much on that topic.

Kagome 02-3-2004 12:44 PM

www.frontcam.com
its free. its easy. it records your screen. but not sound

Squeak2k2 02-3-2004 12:50 PM

Yay, now I can make videos!

And Kilgamayan, you go to LUE, right?? What's your name there?

Kilgamayan 02-3-2004 12:54 PM

My near-universal username is Kilgamayan. Gfaqs, Bemanistyle, here, Arch's forums, and numerous other places (both gaming and not). The only other username I've used more than once is RabiEnRoll.

And I've kinda slacked off watching/going to LUE. =/ They haven't done anything really funny recently, aside from the guy who accidentally linked to the Paris Hilton sex video and got a 500+ topic out of it before he got banned.

altairian 02-3-2004 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagome
www.frontcam.com
its free. its easy. it records your screen. but not sound

it does record sound, but only from a mic, so if you don't have a mic you can't record sound.
It doesn't sync sound and video though, so recording sound with it is kinda pointless anyway =\

Reach 02-3-2004 03:29 PM

Front cam sucks unless your pc is insanely fast...same goes with a webcam. its useless and nearly impossible to play if your pc is like mine (733 mhz)

Squeak2k2 02-3-2004 04:29 PM

I have 1.7 Ghz.... will that run FrontCam nice and smooth?

Yea, I have 512 MB of RAM.

Reach 02-3-2004 04:34 PM

it should

run alot smoother than it would for me. I beat revo and k8107 for 87x and k8107 for altarian with 1 hand (showing hand) but the damn audio cut out :/

the arrows jump so bad for me its basically like playing on stealth+ the fact alot of the arrows won't register giving me lots of excess greats and below.

altairian 02-3-2004 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeak2k2
I have 1.7 Ghz.... will that run FrontCam nice and smooth?

um, maybe =)
I can get 23.98 fps running frontcam (it's supposed to be 24) if I give the process "realtime" priority on a 1.83ghz, but I think RAM is also an important factor in how well it runs and I only have 256mb of RAM (long story..)
It still won't sync the video/audio properly, so it's a pretty worthless program.

Reach 02-3-2004 04:56 PM

nothing will sync the audio to video, except like a video cam with a good capture card.

Even on most video cams, your fingers will blur.

altairian 02-3-2004 05:03 PM

when I say that I mean that the video doesn't even go at the same rate as the audio, so even if you have adobe premier (or whatever video editing prog you like) you can't get the audio sync'ed right (i've tried...i've even tried slowing down/speeding up the video to try to get it to sync properly and it wasn't working. I can't figure out wtf frontcam does to it htat messes it up that bad)

Kenzya 02-3-2004 06:18 PM

Ok what's the maximum file size? Because I had a 150 mb video.. I cut it and de-qualified it (go english) and it's not at 16 mb and still won't upload..

Master_of_PARANOiA 02-3-2004 06:26 PM

lol, I think cen deleted my earleir posts :(.. even though they were worthless.

anyway back to the topic at hand (cause if I go off-topic cen, or Synth and co., will delete my posts again :() videos are a good idea, but frontcam sucks (I dled it and I couldn't even fc my light steps for ub3r r4v3, which are an ub3r easy AAAA.. fcking lag) and buying a webcam just for a game is pointless.

what's the point about bragging about it anyway? YOU'RE USING YOUR FINGERS..
now DDR would be something to brag about, since you're using your legs, and legs tend to move slower than fingers for they are clumsier

and...

poor reach (lol. sry, I couldn't resist :). just edit it out this time, geez)

Moogy 02-3-2004 06:47 PM

Frontcam takes like... an extremely, extremely fast PC. I have 3.0 ghz 1024 RAM, and it still only gets like 55 fps, and has some lag spikes. Webcam should run fine on anything over 1.5 ghz though. I would recommend a digicam, though. They cost quite a bit, however, but there is no lag, and they'll work with any PC.

Squeak2k2 02-3-2004 06:53 PM

I just installed Frontcam, set it to record and playback at 99 FPS, and it records the window I select (the full screen SM window), and the movie still sucks.... SM runs pretty smooth though, but the movie play at kind of crappy quality.....

Meh.....

Kenzya 02-3-2004 07:40 PM

It works fine for me and I'm at 2.0 ghz.. teeny bit lag (and that's only on the video, I never experienced any lag).. but I FC'd Classic 8 with only 18 greats.. which is the best I've ever done on that song..

ok ok ok ..

I have the file..

it's 16.7 mb

that's the most I can get it down to no more arguing.. but I still can't upload it to the gallery

Nima 02-4-2004 01:33 PM

this thread is about video proof not frontcam

lightdarkness 02-4-2004 02:30 PM

heres a vid of me :)
http://ld42.tmb.org/uberrave.zip