Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG XIV - Postgame (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=25190)

lightdarkness 04-29-2005 11:02 AM

TWG XIV - Postgame

Wolves: Alain, Blah, Guido
Seer: Hans
Guardian: Kefit
Psychic: Tass

Well, this was certainly an interesting TWG...

Night one, Tass is guarded, but thats not all that happens. Hans almost saw a wolf, and almost saw the psychic, but finally decided on Chardish, which was a good call in the end, by making thier alliance stronger.

It seemed like they were golden for the game, but a series of bad guard's made their hopes go down.

With the killing of blah, and coming back Wolf, it made the game much more clearer.

Tass, before he died, was able to send a PM to everyone that was human in the game, ensuring victory.

Good TWG people

Kilgamayan 04-29-2005 11:08 AM

RE: TWG XIV - Postgame

Big thanks to alain for his final kill. (And yes, I noticed what you did with your last post.)

On a side note, the TWC has more or less decided that Gamepro and Jenova are likely to not be allowed in a TWG ever again after the sheer inactivity in this game. The only person I haven't talked to yet is blah and I'm fairly sure he'd agree.

Cenright 04-29-2005 11:13 AM

It was an interesting game to watch from the outside. Good work people.

talisman 04-29-2005 11:17 AM

When alain and guido both came to me trying to get me to switch off guido, it became pretty clear who the wolves were, especially since alain was so willing to switch off me. And then the fact that after that alain kept probing me to see if I would even consider that kilga was a wolf.

Btw, the only reason I switched off guido was to make sure I wasn't killed that night... I wanted to make it seem like I could be a pawn for the wolves. (they probably would have kept me around longer anyways, but whatever).

I thought for sure kilga was dead, so props on that alain for letting him have the win. Gamepro definitely didn't deserve the pip for that one.

EDIT:That's such a stacked wolf team too. They were lucky they got hans, or he would have told tass that blah came back wolf and day two would have been alot shorter. (I'm assuming that blah was seered night two here).

lightdarkness 04-29-2005 11:24 AM

Re: RE: TWG XIV - Postgame

Quote:

Originally Posted by talisman
EDIT:That's such a stacked wolf team too. They were lucky they got hans, or he would have told tass that blah came back wolf and day two would have been alot shorter. (I'm assuming that blah was seered night two here).

Roles were randomly generated using this script: http://www.lightdarkness42.com/twgrandom.php

talisman 04-29-2005 11:32 AM

RE: Re: RE: TWG XIV - Postgame

Oh I'm not saying it wasn't random, just that it was full of three of the strongest players. The specials were all strong players too.

JurseyRider734 04-29-2005 11:33 AM

I read the whole thing. From just being in the forums it seemed alright, not one of the most interesting but definitely in the first night when Tass was guarded. I was mad I missed the signups, I know someone else was too...but that's probably just because he thinks i'm more gullible and easily persuaded. I'll try to make it to the next game.

User6773 04-29-2005 11:34 AM

Didn't mean to rail on you so much for your story, LD. It's just that without a good story-writer, we might as well have an automated script that runs the game instead of a host.

whorlichan 04-29-2005 11:36 AM

Yay! Another pip! And finally one where I wasn't just taking orders from Tass, since he refused to tell me anything for over a week. Bastard.

Good game, all.

lightdarkness 04-29-2005 11:37 AM

Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIV - Postgame

Quote:

Originally Posted by chardish
Didn't mean to rail on you so much for your story, LD. It's just that without a good story-writer, we might as well have an automated script that runs the game instead of a host.

That was an idea of mine :-P But you COULD write the story, with things such as "%DeadPlayer% was found on the ground, dead"

User6773 04-29-2005 11:40 AM

Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIV - Postgame

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightdarkness
Quote:

Originally Posted by chardish

That was an idea of mine :-P But you COULD write the story, with things such as "%DeadPlayer% was found on the ground, dead"

That's not a good story, either.

Kilgamayan 04-29-2005 11:44 AM

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIV - Postgame

To be honest, I laughed at the end of the story.

talisman 04-29-2005 11:46 AM

Actually, I was actually in this story some. I think I got blood spattered on my face.

In cypher's I never showed up until I was killed.

Tps222 04-29-2005 11:48 AM

Most people don't even read the story. I like the summaries that some hosts give.

Interesting game, good move by Tass in sending the PM's out. Bad move on the humans in going along with Guido and Alain in voting Jenova. Even though he wasn't there, you want to get wolves, not innactives, everyone bandwagoned on him pretty fast.

That was a good game by everyone, though it sucks that some people are on the outside, and some on the inside.

talisman 04-29-2005 11:54 AM

I was the only human I think who went with jenova... and I only did that for self-preservation, to make myself look like a manipulable newbie. I have a feeling I was probably suspicious enough that they would let me stay alive anyway, but hey, I didn't want to take a chance.

mead1 04-29-2005 12:12 PM

Well, I had no idea what was going on for this entire game, but all's well that end's well I guess. Congrats to the humans.

lightdarkness 04-29-2005 12:16 PM

Kilga gets MVP because he bribed me XD

But seriously, he gets it

Kefit 04-29-2005 12:20 PM

You absolutely cannot blame the damage done to Tass's alliance on "a series of bad guards." The fact that I made one successful guarding is already far outside of the realm of the norm for this game (just look at the number of games where the guardian has made a save). Expecting me to make two successful saves is absolutely ludicrous.

Furthermore, I only made one bad decision, which was guarding Tass night two. I should have guarded Hans, simply since Hans, as the seer, was far more important than Tass. Indeed, had I known of this pm that Chardish had sent out, I would have done that. But I didn't.

Night three saw my guarding Tass once more, as even though I knew the wolves were more likely to go after Chardish than him, keeping Tass alive (since he was the psychic) was far more important than keeping Chardish alive.

Beyond all that, I would just like to point out that I named all three wolves on day one :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightdarkness
Kilga gets MVP because he bribed me XD

But seriously, he gets it

You mean Kilga gets MVP because he was the only player who did anything at all this game who was still alive at the end.

lightdarkness 04-29-2005 12:21 PM

I misspoke, I meant to say missed guardings.

And yes, several of us were going "OMG" at Kefit's naming :-P

GuidoHunter 04-29-2005 12:22 PM

Well, it was an interesting game.

To start off, blah and I couldn't discuss our Night 1 kill with alain. When we discussed it I was extremely hesitant to go for Tass (which blah really wanted to do) and wanted to kill Hans. However, blah mentioned something that I interpreted to mean that alain would support the wolfing of Tass, so I was eventually swayed to go that way.

Bad move. So he gets guarded and I lose interest in the game, pretty much viewing it as hopeless. Blah gets lynched and we're even worse off. I was REALLY looking forward to pulling all sorts of stunts with blah and alain, but we were immediately put on the defensive, so we couldn't associate with each other at all.

Then comes my conversation with Tass. It was at this point that I felt I could be certain that the seer was dead and the guardian, too, thereby giving us a chance. However, the Tass alliance proved to be too strong (since his logic wasn't, I'll put the reasoning on that). I lived a day thanks to Jenova, but once I died it was over.

Oh, and I'd like to mention that I talked with Tass again after I died, and he still gave his reasoning against me as "you didn't flip out when I accused you of being a wolf". I don't know how he convinced himself that such a generalization applies to EVERYONE, but I can tell you it sure as hell isn't true. I guarantee that that is exactly how I would have reacted had I been human. There was NO reason for me to get excited. You lied to me; I knew you were lying to me (I didn't actually know, but I figured as such with the way you were talking), so what would flipping out do? Plus, I'm hard to excite by nature, but I won't blame you for not knowing that.

alain started defending me because he realized that if I died he wasn't going to live through the rest of the game. Sure, it wasn't the safest thing to do, but if we could put enough pressure on enough people (talisman), we might have been able to work someone to our side.

Anyway, good game, humans.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com