Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Too many songs? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117706)

emulord 03-2-2011 01:53 PM

Too many songs?

People like being completionists. How many public songs is too many? 1000?

I think we should start making some nontoken nonpublic songs after a certain point. Still playable, but not adding to ranks. Kind of like widget songs used to be.

8 Hour Whore 03-2-2011 01:55 PM

Re: Too many songs?

It will never be enough...
You kill the competition of new songs for public and people will eventually stop playing.

cixOclock 03-2-2011 01:57 PM

Then how is a game supposed to keep you playing, if what you do doesn't count towards anything?
For instance I'm not going to get the DLC for Fable III just for some freakin weapons, there has to be something gained from it...
And so by there being more songs to play through it keeps players playing, unless of course you have some kind of arrow mashing addiction...

emulord 03-2-2011 02:00 PM

But imagine a new player. Hes gonna think "oh, theres too many songs to play. I guess I wont try to play everything"

awein999 03-2-2011 02:03 PM

uhhhhh I completely disagree. The more songs there are the more excited I am to play. And that goes for when I am new. I remember there were 400 songs unplayed when I joined and I was excited there were hundreds of songs to play. More more more is better here.

cixOclock 03-2-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emulord (Post 3428015)
But imagine a new player. Hes gonna think "oh, theres too many songs to play. I guess I wont try to play everything"

Its more like, 'OMG! Look at all these songs! Its going to take me forever to play through these! :DDD'

The more the better, less chance of getting bored. You have no idea how I feel when I come across an awesome song I've never heard of on the playlist. lol

who_cares973 03-2-2011 02:10 PM

all these songs is the reason i dont give to shits about rank

Sweet_Feet 03-2-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Makes sense I guess.. grand total score (if you even care about that) is the same way also.

The reason this will never happen is because as mentioned above, veteran players need new songs every week in order to keep them interested in continuing to play the game. Non token / non public songs would be pointless for "us" to play and even more pointless for new players when you think about it.

We're not going to be around forever. Players quit and new players make it to the top at some point. That's just how it works.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 03-2-2011 03:04 PM

There's no such thing as too many songs.

/thread

vro 03-2-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator (Post 3428050)
There's no such thing as too many songs.

/thread

I second this

Sprite- 03-2-2011 03:20 PM

awein999 03-2-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprite- (Post 3428057)

Not enough.

G.S.M 03-2-2011 04:22 PM

I enjoy the large amount of songs. Keep 'em coming!

YoshL 03-2-2011 04:37 PM

IMO, as long as quality of the files are fine...

Superfreak04 03-2-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

This is how I feel. I realized that It would take far to long to get 1 or even 2 average rank. Since there's so many songs, the game just kind of gets bleh after a while. Hence why I barely play anymore. I feel like it's like WoW. They will never stop updating the game, so there is no ending to it. I guess that's why so many people play it. Not my cup of tea though, I like games with endings.

Xx{Midnight}xX 03-2-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

If you're a newer player and you think like that don't bother playing. You'll never get good.

Ziergdsx18 03-2-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprite- (Post 3428057)

i c wat u did thar ;)

HoneyMelonCalibrator 03-2-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

That's only the case for new players who are already good. If someone who's already good happens to be new to FFR, they'll generally not even bother playing the lower difficulty songs unless they're concerned with average rank. If someone's new, they'll obviously start with the lower level files and work their way up; giving them enough time to both:

- build up skill

and

- have the chance to play through all the files

New players aren't even concerned with overall/average rank. And by the time they are, they've already played a majority of the songs in the game. If anything, I would expect newer players to complain about there NOT being enough files for them, not the opposite, lol.

lightdarkness 03-2-2011 09:01 PM

It was once my opinion to take the least played songs every month and retire them...

turns out the least played songs get played a shit ton, haha

woker-X 03-2-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightdarkness (Post 3428222)
It was once my opinion to take the least played songs every month and retire them...

turns out the least played songs get played a shit ton, haha

What song is the least played?? (I'm curious hehe)