Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Puzzle & Dragons (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=139481)

choof 11-2-2015 02:12 PM

Re: Puzzle & Dragons

okay so I actually rerolled again and again to get a halloween alraune
bought some stones today for godfest and had some pretty terrible rolls
grape dragon, scarlet dragon callers tsubaki, dark angel lumiel, loki, fire courier mitsuki, and a dino rider

actually, lumiel, mitsuki, and loki aren't all bad. lumiel and mitsuki both get buffed by alraune's leader skill. loki gets devil type after being ult-evo'd.

dino, grape dragon, and tsubaki are all mp shop fodder.

gonna save up money for player's choice godfest, hopefully osiris gets selected as one of the monsters !!

choof 11-2-2015 02:12 PM

okay so I actually rerolled again and again to get a halloween alraune
bought some stones today for godfest and had some pretty terrible rolls
grape dragon, scarlet dragon callers tsubaki, dark angel lumiel, loki, fire courier mitsuki, and a dino rider

actually, lumiel, mitsuki, and loki aren't all bad. lumiel and mitsuki both get buffed by alraune's leader skill. loki gets devil type after being ult-evo'd.

dino, grape dragon, and tsubaki are all mp shop fodder.

gonna save up money for player's choice godfest, hopefully osiris gets selected as one of the monsters !!

Kotarouchan 11-4-2015 12:03 AM

if you saw the recent JP ult's, Lumiel and Loki get a huge buff (both getting multiple tpa's)

tosh 11-4-2015 01:43 PM

Debating whether or not to attempt Queen's Banquet - Legend Plus. I have two teams with enough hp to tank Divine Queen Hera's preemptive (DMeta and HKali), but HKali's light subattribute means I would have to somehow stall on Hera-Beorc for 10 turns without knocking her below 30%.

On the other hand I'm concerned my DMeta team for this dungeon doesn't have the burst potential to easily get past the last 3 floors.

Gamble with DMeta now or wait until my subs are more leveled up, have more +eggs, and I have more available team cost?

Kotarouchan 11-4-2015 01:58 PM

I did it with LKali with a Kushinada sub for the pre-emptive. You can always gamble it. I only did it when I had near nothing else to do though.

choof 11-5-2015 01:31 PM

decided to roll an alt because I'm literally addicted to this game again, fuck
rolled a squall, definitely gonna stick with him. adds a ton of challenge to the game

so I have two accounts now
Dark Choof - Loki and Spirit of the Masquerade Alraune leaders - 362,982,390
Renzokuken - Squall leader - 353,093,301

never rerolling again, I promise. I spent money on Dark Choof so I can't reroll that one any way, and FF8 is my favorite PS1 game, so I don't want to lose Squall.

Red Blaster 11-5-2015 02:31 PM

I got Warrior of Light (I hate that they refer to him as Wol)

Chocille 11-5-2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Blaster (Post 4372602)
I got Warrior of Light (I hate that they refer to him as Wol)

but that's what they were referred to as in the original FFs

choof 11-5-2015 04:27 PM

he means the name "Wol"

choof 11-6-2015 09:00 PM

rolled ff rem on my alt, got zidane and wol
zidane's skill should work really well with squall, too bad squall doesn't have light until I evo him

FoJaR 11-7-2015 07:15 PM

ugh i never have enough tamadras

where do i get tamadras

FoJaR 11-7-2015 07:25 PM

someone give me tamadras

Gradiant 11-7-2015 07:37 PM

I'd give you some if I had any :(
Tamadra drought...

Kotarouchan 11-8-2015 12:16 AM

wait for a Tamadra Retreat is how I do it

Gradiant 11-8-2015 01:52 AM

I love this game

Edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Switching Urd out for Yamato did the trick. Cao Cao's delay on Parvati so her self-destruct doesn't activate, than Ares->Yamato and nuke her with Rodin active. Best board ever.

Red Blaster 11-9-2015 07:26 AM

Pulled again in hopes of getting Vivi or any FF7/8 character and got another Wol.
Decided to make a third pull: got a third Wol.

Pulled the pal and got 5 super dragons.
Such bad luck with the allegedly rare egg machine.

choof 11-9-2015 03:45 PM

over two accounts, I have squall, rinoa, zidane, and wol lol

DarkManticoreX2 11-11-2015 11:57 AM

I just started this last week

ID: 349,799,305

Pulled a Yuna, 2 Wols, and an Aemo out of the FF egg machine. Trying to level the FF monsters to a point where I can farm for evo materials to Evolve up Yuna and aemo.

tosh 11-11-2015 03:46 PM

Just sent you a friend request, Manti. In-game name is Jess.

I typically have LKali up in my friend slot and she synergizes fairly well with Yuna (save for the fact that you can't use wood to activate LKali's leader skill).
A leader I have that works a little better with Yuna is Xiao Qiao. One thing to watch out for is that Yuna's leader skill doesn't include hearts as part of the activation requirement, so you probably shouldn't use Xiao Qiao's active skill since that would prevent you from activating Yuna's leader skill. Don't be afraid to message me if you want her up.

With Chaos, a few leaders you can pair with are d/g Alraune, Ronia (Red Sonia), and Beelzebub.

YoshL 11-11-2015 04:11 PM

You should be getting a Daikyi soonish

ra dragon (unevolved) has been up in slot 1, he synergizes pretty well w/ yuna

DarkManticoreX2 11-11-2015 04:58 PM

Got and accepted both Friend requests.

I keep getting one shotted in the expert mask dungeon. I want that Blue/Green rounded evo mask!

DarkManticoreX2 11-12-2015 10:34 AM

YoshL, your Shiva + my Yuna got me like a 12x attack on the boss fight in the mask dungeon and finally got me a few of those tough evo masks. YES!!!

2 more evo materials and i can evolve yuna and aemo.
Does anyone know where these winking snowman things come from?

YoshL 11-12-2015 12:03 PM

you're going to have to take on the friday dungeon expert difficulty if you want those
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=65

almost the same deal as the masks, everything has 100000 defense. either you bring as many monsters in with double typing so you can do a max of 12 damage to 1 thing per turn (makes the dungeon not that bad with things being on a 3 turn timer, and everything has <= 10 hp other than the dub myth) or you get a big enough multiplier and burst their faces

Gradiant 11-12-2015 12:23 PM

If you're able to have a Lilith drop, she's good too since she has poison which deals direct damage every turn ignoring defense http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=96

Red Blaster 11-12-2015 12:30 PM

My Ra does 77,777 direct damage ;)

DarkManticoreX2 11-12-2015 01:20 PM

Should I dump any more magic stones into the FF Machine (kinda want cloud) or just hold them untill a godfest event.

Got an Extreme king metal dragon from the pal machine today. Something's getting upgraded a lot

Gradiant 11-12-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4375746)
Should I dump any more magic stones into the FF Machine (kinda want cloud) or just hold them till the godfest event.

I would definitely hold them
Player's Choice Godfest is coming up soon, which is when community votes on who they want in the fest, so the majority of the gods in there are pretty good.

DarkManticoreX2 11-12-2015 01:29 PM

too late lol.

Put it into the rare egg machine instead and got a +1 level 30 Amaterasu.

I assume this is good as she looks like a solid healer?

Gradiant 11-12-2015 01:30 PM

yeah she's pretty good, see her used as the light red attacker version more than the double light, but her awoken form once you eventually get the materials for it is pretty great

DarkManticoreX2 11-12-2015 01:47 PM

I'm too itchy with these stones.

I maxed her level out.

Need to get two of those spirits carrying magic stones and another keeper of the light to evolve her.

YoshL 11-12-2015 05:19 PM

just be careful with team cost this early when youre doinh evos

and 100% save your stones until players choice godfest. with a little luck during that, you could have a decent mid to end game team potential from it

ff collab egg machine is not worth. in general, do not spend stones on the rem unless a godfest is happening
also happy birthday manti

tosh 11-12-2015 06:08 PM

The dream.

Now just need tamas to finish off her awakenings, +eggs, and pray to rng gods for the last skillup.

Red Blaster 11-12-2015 06:24 PM

That skill rename sucks :/
Is it just her with it now?

YoshL 11-12-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosh (Post 4375882)

Now just need tamas to finish off her awakenings, +eggs, and pray to rng gods for the last skillup.

nice reading comprehension.

DarkManticoreX2 11-13-2015 03:03 PM

Mmm okay no more ff egg machine for me.

Not like I have the slots to hold everything I need anyway.

I need a green mythlit already!

tosh 11-13-2015 03:09 PM

A good rule of thumb for box space is to keep it around 1.5x your rank. So with you at rank 48, a box space of around 70-75 would be good. This allows you to keep all of your important cards and still hold on to a fair amount of evo materials for future use.

Some go much higher than this (2x rank or even higher) whereas some like zyph go much lower (his is below 1x rank). From personal experience, 1.5x has been a nice middle ground for me.

YoshL 11-13-2015 03:20 PM

there's a godfest happening soon, but it's not the players choice godfest

gungtroll trying to make us waste stones before it lol

and the eva collab....

DarkManticoreX2 11-13-2015 03:26 PM

I need more material spaces then. I'm at 35 (rank 44).

I'm literally holding one of each necessary evo material for like 5 creatures, and i've gotten every single of the dub-colorlits EXCEPT THE GREEN ONE THAT I WANT ARG.

YoshL 11-13-2015 03:52 PM

the gungtroll is strong, and will never go away until you stop playing PAD lol

Red Blaster 11-13-2015 04:08 PM

The new evos for the Eva collab went live already.
Maybe I'll finally have a use for Shinji and Misato

DarkManticoreX2 11-14-2015 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4375846)
also happy birthday manti

Missed this the first time around. Thanks yoshl.

Kotarouchan 11-14-2015 07:53 PM

Just made a UUVO U&Y team to mess with. I really just can't stick with one team lol (U&Y/U&Y/SQ/LMeta/Durga)

Red Blaster 11-14-2015 08:00 PM

Lol what a coincidence, I literally just uuvo'd them myself!

tosh 11-14-2015 08:35 PM

U&Y uvo looks really good. I have fairly decent subs for U&Y, but don't have a U&Y. :(

Grabbed a Tengu from the Descended Carnival 1 guerilla dungeon today for my Susano. Also, pulled a Bastet last night. Don't have a GZL, but I think Awoken Bastet / Liu Bei, Verdandi, Cu Chu, Awoken Meimei / Awoken Bastet is still a fairly solid team. Will be fun to mess around with.

DarkManticoreX2 11-17-2015 10:52 AM

Cleared the keeper of rainbow dungeon with morning with a bit of help from YoshL's Shiva.

Evolved Yuna, trying to upgrade her now. She looks pretty good.

Next on the upgrade/evolution list: Amaterasu

DarkManticoreX2 11-17-2015 11:17 PM

So I have most of the components to ultimate evolve amaratsu ohkami. Does she need to be level 99 for me to do so?

tosh 11-17-2015 11:27 PM

Levels don't matter when doing ultimate evolutions.

Side note: Uvo'd my Susano and bought tama village to max awaken my Sakuya.
Now I just need to wait for Elia invades to come back around and I can make what some consider to be the optimal light-based Awoken Sakuya team. (makeup)

DarkManticoreX2 11-17-2015 11:37 PM

Should I not level up ama then? Are the ohkami stats worse then the awoken stats?

Or does she go back to 1 after ult evolving her

Gradiant 11-17-2015 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4378066)
Should I not level up ama then? Are the ohkami stats worse then the awoken stats?

Levels only go back to 1 when going from first form to evolved form. UEvo'ing or Awakening keeps the same level.

YoshL 11-17-2015 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4378066)

when you do an ultimate evolution, or reverse an ultimate evolution, the base monster stays at the same level. I'm guessing you have enough evo mats for the L/L version of amaterasu, which is fine for where you are. Of course, in the future, you'd probably want to think about reversing the ultimate evolution and picking up the awoken version. much harder to get, but very debatably much better

DarkManticoreX2 11-18-2015 12:40 AM

I'm actually just missing the light mask and light orb for the l/f one. :)

So if I ult evolved a level 20 Ama into the l/f ama would she be l/f ama at level 1 or 20?

The reason I ask is because Ama ohkami's level up stats are obviously worse then her Ults and I wanna get max stats on her because she looks like a top tier leader.

So should I stop leveling the base creature and wait to level her untill I ult evolve her for better stats?

tosh 11-18-2015 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4378074)
So if I ult evolved a level 20 Ama into the l/f ama would she be l/f ama at level 1 or 20?

Level 20 + whatever experience you would've gotten from doing a power-up fusion with those materials.

Edit: So a level 20 Amaterasu would likely be level 24 when you uvo her to L/F (assuming you don't get a great or a super).

DarkManticoreX2 11-18-2015 01:11 AM

So then yes, stop leveling her as amaratsu ohkami and wait to level her as her awoken version for better stats.

YoshL 11-18-2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4378079)
So then yes, stop leveling her as amaratsu ohkami and wait to level her as her awoken version for better stats.

well no, if the evo'd version of amaterasu is level 97, then the ult evo will come out as like 98 or 99 or something.

when you ult evo, you're essentially evolving the card, then putting those 5 evo materials in as leveling fodder which accounts for the level bump

and also, the evo version and uvo versions's stats scale based on their level, so there's nothing lost doing the uvo early other than the raised team cost

Clownpiece 11-18-2015 08:36 AM

Clownpiece/"Dude"/326,210,314

tosh 11-18-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4378095)
and also, the evo version and uvo versions's stats scale based on their level, so there's nothing lost doing the uvo early other than the raised team cost

This.

There is no 'penalty' for uvoing a card early or late. Pretty much uvo a card whenever you have the materials and feel like you could make good use of the uvo'd version.

Case in point: Usually I'll uvo cards at level 1 just because I have the materials for them. But the Susano uvo I mentioned a few posts ago was level 88 before I uvo'd him because that was when I finally got the materials to uvo him to his g/r version.

The main reasons I can see for delaying a uvo are:
1) Team cost issue YoshL brought up. If DQXQ is the best orb changer on your healer team but uvoing them to DQ will put you over your team cost restriction for that team, then it might be better to wait until you have ranked up enough to use the uvo as originally intended.

2) Saving one or more of the materials for another card or uvo that you care more about.

3) Anticipating a better uvo to be released in the near future. I held off on uvoing Sakuya to the l/l version because I knew her l/b version would be coming to NA fairly soon.

Kotarouchan 11-29-2015 02:30 AM

Happy Player's Choice Godfest everyone!

Pulled 3/3 in this one: Amaterasu, I&I, and Meimei :D

choof 11-29-2015 04:25 AM

I literally pulled two riders and the light sirius
now I gotta grind for 5 more stones for one last yolo roll

fortunately my team is ending up to be not too bad, I farmed a bunch of kors and kods for ult evos. hopefully uevo loki and lumiel get patched in soon. I also yolo'd a bit during director's carnival and got 2 new devil cards. I can now play a few different devil teams with solely rem cards

Red Blaster 11-29-2015 07:28 PM

I pulled a Haku and decided not to press my luck any further

roundbox 11-29-2015 08:13 PM

I pulled back to back Amons and almost uninstalled

choof 11-29-2015 08:19 PM

yeah, my main account pulled pretty much straight shit. although I did get three pulls that I'm okay with: sleeping beauty (decent awakenings when evo'd), viper orochi (will probably go b/r ult evo so I can make a 16x dragon team), and kushi (my devil team is mostly dark so until today, weekend dungeons were pretty much off limits)

switching my leader over to lumiel so now my team looks like this:
lumiel, b/d vamp, akechi mitsuhide, halloween alraune, uevo'd dill sirius, lumiel (or any other leader with an unconditional devil atk)

tosh 11-29-2015 10:39 PM

Thank you, based pad gods. :')

kjwkjw 11-30-2015 11:31 AM

PCGF turned out nicely for me as well -^^-

Wineandbread 11-30-2015 04:25 PM

Gz on everyone's rolls $_$

Rolled sakuya, bestcat, and famiel

I think I will probably be able to muster up one more roll before pcgf is over

Kotarouchan 11-30-2015 05:16 PM

3 more rolls: Akechi Mitsuhide, Verdandi, Okuninushi

Crazy, only dupe I pulled was Verdandi (2nd) and no non-PCGF pulls either.

Edit: Also, JPGF, pulled Saria.

choof 11-30-2015 07:09 PM

pulled a vishnu, can probably get at least one more pull before gf ends tomorrow
rolling an alt while waiting for stam, pulled venus literally three times in a row

edit: PULLED SAKUYA ON MY ALT, YISS. also got a kushi, this alt is set forever

DarkManticoreX2 11-30-2015 11:27 PM

I've saved a bunch of gems for this, and got 2 nuts and 2 water wizard Sharon's, along with a cursed dragon.

Only pcgf card I pulled was Norn verdandi. And she's really cost heavy

choof 11-30-2015 11:28 PM

nut just got an uevo, she's p. decent

Kotarouchan 12-1-2015 01:39 AM

@Manti: Well, it looks like you pulled the Gaia of Tides part of the Rare Machine lol.

DarkManticoreX2 12-1-2015 04:30 PM

But that's not the side I want q.q

I ran through a few more easy dungeons and got a lui bei and a meimei. Which was good

choof 12-1-2015 04:38 PM

you're about half way to having a really great norn verdandi team
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDr...aders/verdandi

lui bei and meimei are both fantastic subs

look for some farmable subs and you'll have a great team for when you finally get to the rank needed to run it

Wineandbread 12-1-2015 05:54 PM

I use Verdandi on jp so I'll just chime in here

I don't know how far Manti is but Verd/Liu/x/x/x/friend Verd is sufficient for all content up to and including KOTG and many easy/midtier descends. Just TPA and win.

With the right subs and strategy you can push farther, I've seen dragon/hera rush clears. Just recently I did Aegir 7x6 (lelel water boss) with her
None of my guys are hypermaxed or max skilled. Verd/Liu Bei in the high 90s.

choof 12-1-2015 06:04 PM

last pull on my main for this godfest, pulled a fucking gamble mage
I'm done pulling rem forever

DarkManticoreX2 12-2-2015 04:06 PM

About to max out my first Nut's leader skill. Thanks water carnival!

tosh 12-2-2015 05:46 PM

PCGF pulls across all accounts:
JP: Sakuya, Dark Valk, dupe Hermes, Leilan, Yamato Takeru, and some trash silver that I sold.
NA main: Sylph, Muse, Pandora, dupe Shiva, dupe Isis, dupe Chiyome, dupe Susano, DKali, dupe Pandora, and Haku. Sold Sylph, Shiva, Isis, Chiyome, and Susano.
NA alt: Thumbelina, Mistrain, and Thumbelina. Sold all 3.

DarkManticoreX2 12-3-2015 01:30 PM

Hey with these gift from the holy beasts dungeons,

Can I loose on purpose and re-run the dungeon to get a different boss? (sakuya is a possible fight/drop) I got meimei miy first run through and lost, hoping if i run through it a second time a different god might pop up.

Or is it just going to be meimei again because that was the boss that was chosen for me on my first run?

Gradiant 12-3-2015 01:39 PM

Yep, you can quit out and re-run until you get the jewel drop you want and then clear. Keep in mind that Gungho's RNG is broken lmao and you may go through a ton of stamina before getting something you want

DarkManticoreX2 12-3-2015 02:36 PM

Oh I was hoping Sakuya would drop =[

Got a jewel of light though and evolved Ama to F/L Ama.

She'll be my lead for a while if anyone needs attacker damage boost + heal.

choof 12-3-2015 03:17 PM

I'm pretty convinced that I won't get to KOTG or higher until I roll a better leader, my devil team just doesn't put out enough damage right now ):

anyone know of any viper orochi guides? that 16x sounds really good right now, I'm stuck at 9x lol

DarkManticoreX2 12-3-2015 03:23 PM

KOTG?