Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OoT (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=137526)

Mike Weedmark 06-11-2014 09:19 AM

OoT

It's not like I didn't buy this game on day one and proceed to play it 4-8 hours a day for the next few weeks like everyone else, but seriously? I don't really get why people call this the best Zelda.

Skyward Sword without a doubt shits all over it. WW and Zelda 1 (because reasons) are distinctly better imo. Haven't played five seconds of Majora's yet, so not touching that. I'd say it's about even with LttP and Twilight Princess.

What's this "best game ever" bullshit? :/ Was it most peoples' first Zelda or something?

SK8R43 06-11-2014 10:55 AM

Re: OoT

Ive played all of the zelda games, ive beaten oot like 20 times, definitely the all time best zelda game. Majoras mask sucked, windwaker was ok but not better than oot.

Arntonach 06-11-2014 11:06 AM

It was most people's first 'cinematic' game ever, the other usually being Final Fantasy 7. Ocarina Of Time didn't really age as well as the other Zelda games though, so it's no surprise that you wouldn't see too much of it now. Majora's Mask is better anyways.

Wayward Vagabond 06-11-2014 11:12 AM

I love wind waker, majoras mask and ocarina of time. Though if I could put them in order from favourite to not as favourite but still favourite it would go

Wind waker
Majoras mask
Ocarina of time

Ocarina of time last because even though it was my most played out of the three I enjoyed the others more, especially wind waker

DarkManticoreX2 06-11-2014 11:14 AM

Oot had arguably the hardest combat system of the Zelda games.

I remember my first double stalfos fight vividly.

Charu 06-11-2014 11:14 AM

The game was released in 1998

It's now 2014

Aside from those, however, I think the game has aged very well from a gameplay perspective.

It's a very flowy action adventure game. Something that wasn't common in the 90's. When people think of Ocarina of Time, I don't think players think of "graphics/story", they think of the gameplay.

That's, what I feel, gives it much-much-MUCH praise.

korny 06-11-2014 11:17 AM

LTTP
Windwaker

NeonSM 06-11-2014 11:28 AM

Majoras Mask is my favorite the dark concept behind it rocks, and the whole game is basically a string of side quests bound together. Awesome, awesome game. That being said, Oot has definitely earned the hype it has received. It is a very memorable game and has a lot of replay value as well. Hardly anyone gets everything that the game provides after one replay ex: items, item upgrades, masks, all heart pieces etc etc.

ThunderFlip 06-11-2014 12:09 PM

OoT is my favorite Zelda game to play even though it's not necessarily the one I enjoy the most. OoT was my first Zelda game, which probably biases my opinion quite a bit. Just in terms of how much I enjoy the games, WW is probably my favorite, then OoT, MM, TP and probably Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages. OoT just has that nostalgia feeling combined with an actually decent dungeon progression/difficulty. Also, I love N64 controllers, idk. Have any of you guys done the Uber Challenge? :D I'm still working on that thing. I've started over I think 3 or 4 times.

Pseudo Enigma 06-11-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korny (Post 4148733)
LTTP

^
LTTP is never brought up on these lists and that's kinda sad because it's by far my favourite.

just gonna leave this here

ThunderFlip 06-11-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma (Post 4148751)
^
LTTP is never brought up on these lists and that's kinda sad because it's by far my favourite.

just gonna leave this here

I'm a horrible Zelda fan. I have it on emulator, but I never got to the second dungeon. I still haven't gone back to it since my first time playing. :'(

korny 06-11-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma (Post 4148751)

I'm one of the biggest nostalgiatards of all time, and given the right mood, the epicness of this song coupled with the memories I have of playing it as a child, legitimately can make my eyes water. (Just happened lol)

choof 06-11-2014 12:36 PM

opinions

Charu 06-11-2014 12:58 PM

No one talks about Minish Cap.

And I mean no one.

Minish Cap is up there for being my favorite top-down Zelda.

ThunderFlip 06-11-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4148767)
No one talks about Minish Cap.

And I mean no one.

Minish Cap is up there for being my favorite top-down Zelda.

Minish Cap was alright. I like the Oracle games better though. ^^

yo man im awesome 06-11-2014 01:34 PM

I haven't disliked a single Zelda title I've played. Between the original, II, ALTTP, LA(DX), Four Swords (and Adventures), OoT, MM, WW, TP, SS, ALBW, PH, OoS/OoA, and Minish Cap, I've loved them all.

Wind Waker will forever be my favorite Zelda though. The artwork is incredible for its time and even today. The combat system was fantastic. The story was beyond amazing (and really pretty dark/depressing at times if you pay attention), and the music OH MY GOD THE MUSIC. Too strong.

Ocarina of Time was fantastic as well. While of course its looks and glitches haven't aged well, the game itself has, being widely played around a decade and a half after being released. The same applies to Majora's Mask. People claim OoT to be the best game ever because it revolutionized the gaming industry and really made 3D worlds relevant.

Skyward Sword was another great one, it was a nice change of pace from the argued linearity of the previous titles. The music was top quality as always, too.

Mike Weedmark 06-11-2014 02:54 PM

When people talk about SS, somehow they never mention it's by far the best 1:1 motion swordplay game ever made.

Like that aint even a thang.

Of course the reason it's my favourite is story and music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man
People claim OoT to be the best game ever because it revolutionized the gaming industry and really made 3D worlds relevant.

I actually attribute this almost entirely to Mario 64.

Charu 06-11-2014 02:59 PM

Super Mario 64 revolutionized 3D platformers.

Ocarina of Time revolutionized 3D Action/Adventure games.

Two different genres going on, dohoho.

icontrolyourworld 06-11-2014 05:57 PM

I have only beat OoT, Minish Cap, and Wind Waker
I'm like 3/4 through Majora's Mask
I remember playing Oracle of Seasons/maybe ages. Can't remember, it was when i was a kid. Can't remember much about it, but I do remember it being pretty awesome.

My favorite is tied between Minish Cap and OoT though x)

yo man im awesome 06-11-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 4148965)
I have only beat OoT, Minish Cap, and Wind Waker
I'm like 3/4 through Majora's Mask
I remember playing Oracle of Seasons/maybe ages. Can't remember, it was when i was a kid. Can't remember much about it, but I do remember it being pretty awesome.

My favorite is tied between Minish Cap and OoT though x)

SHIT forgot to put those on my list, played those too. Those were great ones as well.