Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149163)

Funnygurl555 05-11-2018 12:24 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4619631)
why

so manti's dead

manti was gungho on cel

mellon like soft-defended cel

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4619372)
welp I actually am home before eod

my amazing plan to not be here then sheep gun92 might not work out so well </3 cause I don't really see anything odd about Celery. I get what you mean about his tone but having been his friend IRL for a while I don't really see anything out of the ordinary. I think he is concerned about both hurting people's feelings and how he comes across to others so he chooses his words carefully when he is feeling emotional and says less rather than more. I also know it can be kinda easy for him to get himself tilted in his own head

idk it just seems like a miss to me but I don't really have any other ideas

you might ask why mellon didn't have her attention on ffa. well, that would have been much more sketch, and it might be better to just protect the wolf buddy you have

in any case, cel seems more wolfy to me bc night kill and i trust manti's wolfhunting skills really, but if cel is w then mellon being w is something ot think about

star-crossed 05-11-2018 12:25 PM

I was trying really hard to pay attention to how FFA spoke to people and vice-versa, but with a lot of people I ended up having very mixed feelings. It makes me wish I was here to have asked ffa questions myself.

I did not like his conversation with Zoshi early on about the "strange wording." It seemed to me like they were giving each other the benefit of the doubt as much as possible, in a strange way. But as the day went on, that manner changed a lot and they both seemed to be very against each other. I have seen it several times where one wolf is very against one other wolf, but I don't know if I have ever seen two wolves keep up saying each other are the most likely wolves for so long. So for me that is the least likely pairing with ffa, and I would guess I just felt the first conversation was just awkward because of ffa being a wolf.

star-crossed 05-11-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4619638)

you might ask why mellon didn't have her attention on ffa. well, that would have been much more sketch, and it might be better to just protect the wolf buddy you have

The fact that raeko did not talk that much about the game's main events, is something that I do not like. But I did feel that what she did choose to talk about were things she believed were important.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619637)
i feel this can apply to xel too

With Xel I feel he has less burning critical questions and opinions than I am used to from him, despite him having posted more than I would have thought.

inDheart 05-11-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4619622)
What is the usual way that fg plays the early game? I have some memory of those two having a rivalry, but not the details.

she usually makes a post saying she's a wolf, and sometimes makes references back to that later, and votes T-Force if he's in the game

voting T-Force is a joke on them rolling opposite teams in way too many games in a row before

inDheart 05-11-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4619623)
prolly better to kill me tbh. me playing during school is just always a bad idea. thought since i was freer than usual i'd be good but heh hu no.

fwiw, wouldn't have killed haku and have the two most talkative players deddo.

idk why you'd say it that way, though, just on them being talkative. haku voted a wolf and had you and me in his team linkage theories with that wolf

Quote:

so manti's dead

manti was gungho on cel

well in addition to that she had a stronger defense of him earlier in the day ("seems like a genuinely emotional celery"). reversing on that wouldn't be easy

that's why i was suggesting that if you're a wolf around yesterday and you want to save your guy, you could bus, or bring up a third option. no one had more than 3 votes and there were more than that many people around, so something could have happened, but nothing did

star-crossed 05-11-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619641)
she usually makes a post saying she's a wolf, and sometimes makes references back to that later, and votes T-Force if he's in the game

voting T-Force is a joke on them rolling opposite teams in way too many games in a row before

OK, thank you.

It did not make sense to me at first how you would be causing her to act the same way as in a game with T-Force. But now that I get it, I kind of like that you had the thought about how it had accidental consequences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4619623)
prolly better to kill me tbh. me playing during school is just always a bad idea. thought since i was freer than usual i'd be good but heh hu no.

fwiw, wouldn't have killed haku and have the two most talkative players deddo.

Why would it be bad for you as a mafia to kill the most talkative players?

star-crossed 05-11-2018 01:03 PM

Is the Day really ending in 11 hours? I am confused

inDheart 05-11-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4619635)
I think the fact there is both mafias and serial killers, may be giving people more reason to be quiet than in a game with just mafias. At least that is how I tend to think about it when I am playing on town of salem - because there are more kills, talking a lot, being helpful, or being controversial will probably get you killed in the night (well, or hanged, but that is often very silly).

But I think that the bad roles have even more reason to be quiet, because if they are killed or targeted by certain town roles they are very likely to lose. Town do not necessarily want to get targeted, but it is more important for them to try to figure things out during the day.

Partly because of this I am most wary of roundbox at this point. I cannot tell if he is legitimately as bored by this game as he is saying, but I see more reason for a mafia to claim to be and kind of sneak under the radar that way, than a town. I also think it is less normal for him to not end up voting anybody, which again I think is a better strategy for mafia not wanting to be controversial than for town. If he could speak more to why he did not want to vote ffa despite finding his play weird, and why he did not want the kitb, that might help. I see this as trying to convince other people to move to Cel instead of ffa to avoid the kitb, without going out and saying it.

i think in ToS a lot of the actual chat is merely functional - you claim your results, ask for protection, things like that, and maybe someone sews all this info together to come up with a good trial target. i think the difference in this game, at least compared to other forum games, isn't because of the roles, it's just a different crowd of players who have less time on our hands on average compared to some of the people who really go hard. but you're right that day play is pretty important

i, too, would like people in general to just talk about what they were thinking with using their, in addition to gun's call for that last night. kinda like your observation about kitb on that roundbox post

inDheart 05-11-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4619644)
Is the Day really ending in 11 hours? I am confused

yes

Celirra 05-11-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

so manti's dead

manti was gungho on cel

in any case, cel seems more wolfy to me bc night kill and i trust manti's wolfhunting skills really, but if cel is w then mellon being w is something ot think about

Manti wasn't even gung ho on me, And he was objectively wrong given that ffa flip which he was on the other end of ended up being red

inDheart 05-11-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619647)
i, too, would like people in general to just talk about what they were thinking with using their votes, in addition to gun's call for that last night. kinda like your observation about kitb on that roundbox post

fixt, have no idea how i lost a word

Zoshi 05-11-2018 01:20 PM

sk lean:
olimar

mafia lean:
funny

maybe mafia:
mellon
inD

wary of:
xel

null:
roundbox

thinking town:
cel
curry

town lean:
star

mellonxcollie 05-11-2018 01:40 PM

Apparently my other account got zucc'd from posting on the forum T_T sorry this just seemed easier than bugging people to fix my account for this small post I just wanted to post quickly

Quote:

Wouldn't they both be my wolf buddies in this scenario? I'm not quite following what you're proposing my thought process would have been

Welcome to the game Star!

I like Star's posts so far. They resemble the town play I've seen from her in several games. I'm glad Star was the one to replace because it didn't take long for me to feel a lot less uneasy about that slot

inDheart 05-11-2018 01:42 PM

olimar's made one post today asking for a summary

pretty elite

also these are some fast townleans on star - not that i'm complaining because i like these posts too, but you seem very high on her in that list, zoshi

Zoshi 05-11-2018 01:55 PM

they've done nothing but take a strong interest in the game, show their reads, and actively help town, i also find nothing from them suspicious, but time may change that

star-crossed 05-11-2018 02:17 PM

So, it is unfortunate that the day ends so soon. It is already 8PM for me and I do not feel well so would like to go to bed early.

Is the reason that so many people have said they think olimer is the serial killer that he asked about what they are trying to do? From how I understand it a serial killer would have to be talking to the mod to pick which special ability they get, and so he could just ask the mod at that time what he needs to do to win, if it was not clear already. So I actually think he is less likely than most, to be the serial killer, because he asked us. Unless I am missing something. I also do not even think that would be a good dumbtell to do on purpose, because it would get people associating about you and serial killers immediately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4619136)
Yeah, please don't. I have a job and cannot post during school hours. The game says no ootc, which bion means no ootc, and for someone who just made a fuss at me in discord about doing that several games ago, you should know better. >:/

I like that Olimar chastises him for this, because I think ffa was trying to do this to seem like a helpful townie, and so saying specifically that ffa should "know better" from the past, shows that ffa may be being disingenuous with it. I am not sure Olimar has any reason to point this out to everyone if they are both mafias, even if he was annoyed. (My only worry is that ffa said he was worried about Olimar being modkilled, which he may worry about more if ffa wants to protect him). But even with that worry, ffa was portraying Olimar's questions about the setup in a bad light from the start. So I think it is most likely, ffa actually believed Olimar had some chance of being the serial killer. (Since the mafia actually wants to kill the serial killer, they are often the most vocal in trying to find them, from experience).

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619647)
i think in ToS a lot of the actual chat is merely functional - you claim your results, ask for protection, things like that, and maybe someone sews all this info together to come up with a good trial target. i think the difference in this game, at least compared to other forum games, isn't because of the roles, it's just a different crowd of players who have less time on our hands on average compared to some of the people who really go hard. but you're right that day play is pretty important

i, too, would like people in general to just talk about what they were thinking with using their, in addition to gun's call for that last night. kinda like your observation about kitb on that roundbox post

That may be true, that it is mainly that most people are more busy. But I still think it is important to consider that, for the bad guys especially, survival during night time is a bigger element for how people may act.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4618992)
also my main memory of xel's posts are him actually wanting to play the game and/or just being bored

which is...different than what i remember, potentially meta-breaking

don't remember him offering much of a basis to judge though

I don't really understand this nor do I feel like I know where this thought process went.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619341)
the other tension is i thought he essentially angleshot himself clear with the DM shit

so there's that too

What does this mean?

Also, would you be able to summarize how you felt about ffa at the end of day 0? You said you were "coming around" on him (as town? as a mafia?) after saying you were feeling conflicted, I believe.

When I was going through your posts I realized I completely missed where ffa was saying he was very very sure in Curry being town. I had mostly liked Curry's posts individually but felt uneasy about one of the questions he asked to ffa early on. I definitely think it is risky, to say you are so sure in someone being a town if they are not, especially if you actually believe that person is easy to read. (Which..just from ffa's personality, and from something he was doing as a cop in a turbo, I do think it is possible he would make risky plays.) But ffa's reasoning sounded genuine enough to me, that I think it is more probable he believed in it.

I have kind of a hard time making sense of vote timings and such if I am reading it in hindsight, but if ffa and Cel were both mafia, I think it would have been worth a try for them to make a third option (especially with there being many people not that involved). ffa mentioned feeling "scummy" about voting for Cel, like in an emotional way, but that he was worried about Cel-Manti being towns fighting even if Cel wasn't a mafia. That sounds more to me like a lame excuse to vote for a town, than something ffa would say about somebody he already knew was a mafia.

So in summary, I do not really want to lynch raeko, Celirra, Zoshi, Curry, or olimer. But if you think I am wrong in one of those, please tell me.

inDheart 05-11-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4619663)
I don't really understand this nor do I feel like I know where this thought process went.

after his initial posting spurt, his posts essentially meant nothing (which he was saying above). it's different from him posting meme images, or laughing at other people's posts. i was thinking of his "dear fucking god i'm bored" and "sigh" posts when i said that, like he was somehow so bored he couldn't even post garbage or react to something on the page.

and because little of what he was saying seemed to mean anything to solving his alignment, i said he was giving us little of a basis to judge him on

Quote:

What does this mean?

with how he said he was sending olimar a discord message, i thought behavior like that could be baiting a modkill as town because it easily breaks the no out-of-game chat rule

Quote:

Also, would you be able to summarize how you felt about ffa at the end of day 0? You said you were "coming around" on him (as town? as a mafia?) after saying you were feeling conflicted, I believe.

coming around on him as mafia. i made this post before that with a collection of posts i didn't like, and was going to weigh that against how he treated haku's "slip", but i couldn't actually find the post i thought i liked - it was somewhere around when they were debating wording

inDheart 05-11-2018 02:36 PM

heading out soon

star, can you find the question from curry you're talking about if you're still here?

star-crossed 05-11-2018 02:40 PM

I will roundbox mostly because I think he was subtly trying to get people to vote for Cel over ffa with his comment at the end of day 0. I am also not trusting funnygirl, Xel, or inD at this point.

I thought ffa's and funnygirl's initial talking was kind of awkward (ffa had no questions for her). She sussed him but I don't think it was mutual. She mentioned that she has difficulty faking wolf reads as a wolf, and the only person she has sussed so far is a wolf, so I am wondering if she sussed another wolf because of that. Also the mod calls her a wolf, in the first post.

I like a lot of inD's posts, but I have an awful track record for getting a lean on him, and I do not like that he seems to have been wishy washy about ffa. I did try to look at how much he talked directly to ffa, as that is something inD does not do as much with other mafias I think, but I did not feel strongly about the amount either way (especially because ffa was so talkative).

Xel is about as far from spicy as you can get, but I am happy for him on a personal level he made it past D0.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619664)

coming around on him as mafia. i made this post before that with a collection of posts i didn't like, and was going to weigh that against how he treated haku's "slip", but i couldn't actually find the post i thought i liked - it was somewhere around when they were debating wording

OK. I did not really get what "i like how i'm now voting on the other half of this dynamic and my vote is bad" meant, in that message.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619665)
heading out soon

star, can you find the question from curry you're talking about if you're still here?

It was this one:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4618962)

I'm assuming this is a serious vote, because you (hopefully) know I'm voting for him too. In that case, I'm not quite sure what to think about this. Are you seriously pushing a lynch on Haku or more trying to pressure him to give answers on a specific viewpoint of yours toward him (which would explain why you removed your vote so quickly)?

Basically the way he asked it sounded like it was being very obvious about the fact that he thought the latter was a better answer. I thought he could be trying to make it easy for ffa to make a good response.

I also asked in my first real post today, about the statement Curry made to ffa right before that (in the same post), because it made me feel like I was missing something and I would like more insight into their dynamic.

inDheart 05-11-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4619667)
OK. I did not really get what "i like how i'm now voting on the other half of this dynamic and my vote is bad" meant, in that message.

i was voting manti, and ffa called my vote bad when i made it - so i'm on the other side of the "manti/celery dynamic" he's talking about there that he doesn't want messing with the game

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4619667)
Basically the way he asked it sounded like it was being very obvious about the fact that he thought the latter was a better answer. I thought he could be trying to make it easy for ffa to make a good response.

I also asked in my first real post today, about the statement Curry made to ffa right before that (in the same post), because it made me feel like I was missing something and I would like more insight into their dynamic.

ah i see - yeah, why the parenthetical. that's something he should make ffa give him

rip me not being trusted