Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149163)

Celirra 05-10-2018 04:09 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun92 (Post 4619529)
Not that this really relates to much in the way of anything, but has Psyco posted at all? I don't think I saw anything when I was going through all the posts the other day but also pretty possible for me to have missed that. Didn't know if there was an alt account for the game specifically but I don't think I have seen her name pop up yet/very often.

I'm glad you're the innocent child because you're useless and would be a mislynch otherwise

Hakulyte 05-10-2018 04:16 PM

roundbox 05-10-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619532)
I'm glad you're the innocent child because you're useless and would be a mislynch otherwise

Was this necessary

Curry and Rice 05-10-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4619537)
Was this necessary

I mean, aside from *technically* being true (albeit rather base and unrefined), no.

Celirra 05-10-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4619537)
Was this necessary

What can I say, I like my pr's to be beneficial and it's frustrating when they're not using their tools to help as much as they could

I'd be even more cheesed if psycho ended up being pr

Gun92 05-10-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619532)

Cool beans. Now, instead of being an angry individual for whatever reason, how about I remind you that it's probably been 3 years since I last played so the rust is pretty tangible. How about you help me help you so you feel less pissy and I am less useless?

Celirra 05-10-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun92 (Post 4619552)
Cool beans. Now, instead of being an angry individual for whatever reason, how about I remind you that it's probably been 3 years since I last played so the rust is pretty tangible. How about you help me help you so you feel less pissy and I am less useless?

Just put some legitimate effort into the game and give your thoughts on who's wolfy and not dude I can't do your job for you

I'm pussy either way though anyways

mellon_collie 05-10-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619554)
Just put some legitimate effort into the game and give your thoughts on who's wolfy and not dude I can't do your job for you

I'm pussy either way though anyways

you heard it first here folks

celery confirmed feline

inDheart 05-10-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619523)
I would consider using applying pressure as an excuse here akin to justifying an attempted wolf vote

Plus you're a smart guy, I'm sure you understand how convenient it sounds to use this as a reason after the fact especially given the fact you posted after that vote, and also posted the following:

Which I read as you complaining about an EoD scenario that you likely did not support.

I could also see the case that it's you being upset that you didn't get a chance to pressure your target before EoD, but it doesn't fit my agenda so I'm gonna conveniently call it an irrelevant possibility

honestly, you're giving me too much credit

the two games you're comparing, charu had it right in the other one, i didn't touch op *at all*. i said nothing about him besides giving a few tries at interacting with him that didn't get picked up (and i don't remember us having daychat there for me to suggest that was a good idea) and faking minor annoyance about it

then when he was about to get lynched, i posted something like "i'm not defending op but i'd rather stick on x"

in chat the night afterward, i referenced a missed opportunity to weakly townread him off some inconsistencies in his posting that happened to follow a pattern - was something like he was mistaking two people in his reads consistently

that game's a little odd though because of the mechanics and me just stubbornly trying to lynch a chosen each day

so anyway, that's a long way of saying i would have an interest in keeping ffa around this game if i were his wolf pal, and not just post about things i don't like in his posts to fuel the fire right before eod while he'd already said he was going to sleep

my manti read at the time was "he's not playing because wolves are in a good spot, and take away his posts about you and there's nothing there", which seems fine for a vote. i have that read because it's what he did in the hydra game with charu - he just hung out and chatted cuz charu had the posting covered even when they were the only wolf slot alive

inDheart 05-10-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619526)
I don't usually know Olimar to be the inactive type. While it's entirely possible he's trying to slip under the radar because the number of people who know him this game is relatively low, I'm guessing there's some other outside reason why he hasn't posted much.

FFA has this thing lately where he's been going on and on about how he keeps insisting that he's always perfectly spot-on about reading me (validated in his mind because of that one time recently when he "caught" me as a wolf by misreading a joke I made). Because he's FFA and it's kind of the way he plays, it makes sense that he'd maintain that sort of bravado regardless of role to keep up a human-seeming facade.

do you remember *wilhelm scream*, because that's the game i'm drawing parallels to in particular

does he normally try to take you down with him when he's wolfing?

also does olimar play that many no-outside-comms games

inDheart 05-10-2018 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4619074)
when im a wolf i have a hard time making up fake wolf reads, so yeaaah i dont like this

ind

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4619108)
ok whatever i'll ask about it anyway

don't you think it's better to vocalize having more than one wolf read at a time? there's a higher chance that people will agree with at least one of them, so you can be a part of a wagon that you like

that was just a really odd thing to say

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4619116)
oh ok

funny

Celirra 05-10-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4619555)
you heard it first here folks

celery confirmed feline

Celirra 05-10-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619557)
honestly, you're giving me too much credit

the two games you're comparing, charu had it right in the other one, i didn't touch op *at all*. i said nothing about him besides giving a few tries at interacting with him that didn't get picked up (and i don't remember us having daychat there for me to suggest that was a good idea) and faking minor annoyance about it

then when he was about to get lynched, i posted something like "i'm not defending op but i'd rather stick on x"

in chat the night afterward, i referenced a missed opportunity to weakly townread him off some inconsistencies in his posting that happened to follow a pattern - was something like he was mistaking two people in his reads consistently

that game's a little odd though because of the mechanics and me just stubbornly trying to lynch a chosen each day

so anyway, that's a long way of saying i would have an interest in keeping ffa around this game if i were his wolf pal, and not just post about things i don't like in his posts to fuel the fire right before eod while he'd already said he was going to sleep

my manti read at the time was "he's not playing because wolves are in a good spot, and take away his posts about you and there's nothing there", which seems fine for a vote. i have that read because it's what he did in the hydra game with charu - he just hung out and chatted cuz charu had the posting covered even when they were the only wolf slot alive

ok I'm getting vibes of that fire emblem game now where I misread you and then you proved to be town (i think)

it's not overwhelming though, it's like 50/50 between that game and the other game I referenced

non-meta though and more logically, this does feel a bit like scrambling esp with suddenly applying hard pressure to FG

keep posting stuff, give me some thoughts that arent based on mechanics if you really want to be cute

Zoshi 05-10-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618909)
I'm seeing that because in my previous game with you, we were the wolf team and you were interacting with me a lot early game like that.

It felt like a "hey im here lol" kind of post because wolves don't have a pre game chat or anything.

I could be wrong, but I just don't have a better lead atm.

so i was thinking about the bold from this post, and i checked the previous game and it checks out. Ffa isnt afraid to interact with his wolf partner and he did it very very early last game with Haku. This game he did it with funny and inD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618723)
What you said just made no sense

I like the vote on funny though

this is ffa commenting on inD voting funny (ffa's 3rd post). I'm not sure if FFA would feel confident enough to comment positively on his partner's (inD) random vote. But I can imagine him making the comment if its his wolf partner being voted.

I'm feeling between funny and inD for wolf number 2. Though it's possible they both are?

I want to hear more from funny anyway though.

They haven't really done much or pushed on anyone this game. Their early mostly meaningless interactions on ffa (started by ffa) seems like a distancing ploy. They've said they disliked maybe 2 things and liked maybe 2 things, but overall I don't see them making much of an attempt to wolf hunt or put any real pressure on anyone

also

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619070)
You're welcome to form your own reads on curry, but for my PoE he's town here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619071)
staking your life on something not 100% reads wolf or dumb. i can understand complete confidence but not staking your life. what are you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4619072)
he's my wolf buddy 8)

(lol)

Curry and Rice 05-10-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619558)
do you remember *wilhelm scream*, because that's the game i'm drawing parallels to in particular

does he normally try to take you down with him when he's wolfing?

also does olimar play that many no-outside-comms games

I read over Noc's posts in that game (it was one of the ones I was actually able to save), and I kind of do feel it follows along with what I said about Noc earlier:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619526)
FFA has this thing lately where he's been going on and on about how he keeps insisting that he's always perfectly spot-on about reading me (validated in his mind because of that one time recently when he "caught" me as a wolf by misreading a joke I made). Because he's FFA and it's kind of the way he plays, it makes sense that he'd maintain that sort of bravado regardless of role to keep up a human-seeming facade.

Standout quote from Noc in Wilhelm Scream being:
"Gs I've played with before a lot on nsm and I'm confident I can read him right."

As for Olimar, there was a game on NSM recently where OOTC was disabled (the game "frikin sombra"), but aside from that, I don't think he has. It's possible that such an active thread is a bit more difficult to keep up with, but again, that's just a guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619560)
funny

Zoshi's vote I can get, but what is this? Maybe I'm missing something, but it reads like voting for someone because they voted for you the phase before. :morton2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619568)
They haven't really done much or pushed on anyone this game. Their early mostly meaningless interactions on ffa (started by ffa) seems like a distancing ploy. They've said they disliked maybe 2 things and liked maybe 2 things, but overall I don't see them making much of an attempt to wolf hunt or put any real pressure on anyone

That reminds me. You know who else hasn't done much either?

mellon_collie

Occasional presence but minimal substance. Stalling the game isn't what we want, but you know who does? WOLVES.

Zoshi 05-10-2018 08:44 PM

I was also going to bring Mellon up because they’ve literally not pressured anyone or showed dislike for anyone this game. Only thing they did was defend cel (which I liked but it’s not enough really). But I went with funny because of the distancing with ffa

I do want to hear some of your thoughts though mellon

inDheart 05-10-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619566)
ok I'm getting vibes of that fire emblem game now where I misread you and then you proved to be town (i think)

it's not overwhelming though, it's like 50/50 between that game and the other game I referenced

non-meta though and more logically, this does feel a bit like scrambling esp with suddenly applying hard pressure to FG

keep posting stuff, give me some thoughts that arent based on mechanics if you really want to be cute

idk if it's "hard pressure" if i don't say anything about it and just naked vote, but sure, i can treat this as you asking

i think there's a contradiction in voting me for not posting many wolf reads, me giving an explanation, liking the explanation and then apparently not having another wolf read

funny also didn't appear for eod, but that's more minor

also voting xel apparently did nothing, when i figured he'd see it at some point because he'd checked in a few times yesterday to say just nothing

inDheart 05-10-2018 08:59 PM

speaking of eod it's a tough one to read. raeko and roundbox actively didn't vote, but both made posts that at least attempted to be interested in the lynch. plus there were a lot of people just missing. i don't think both raeko and roundbox are wolves because either they could vote cel (extremely awkward if you're raeko) or try to work an alternative out with manti/curry, or busing wouldn't be the worst thing in the world because ffa arguably has the weakest role (due to how gated it is)

i think curry looks bad in a vacuum for being around and keeping his haku vote, but i'm choosing to ignore that for now

so my takeaways are at least one wolf wasn't active and they weren't able to Do A Thing to shift the lynch

Gun92 05-10-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619572)
speaking of eod it's a tough one to read. raeko and roundbox actively didn't vote, but both made posts that at least attempted to be interested in the lynch. plus there were a lot of people just missing. i don't think both raeko and roundbox are wolves because either they could vote cel (extremely awkward if you're raeko) or try to work an alternative out with manti/curry, or busing wouldn't be the worst thing in the world because ffa arguably has the weakest role (due to how gated it is)

i think curry looks bad in a vacuum for being around and keeping his haku vote, but i'm choosing to ignore that for now

so my takeaways are at least one wolf wasn't active and they weren't able to Do A Thing to shift the lynch

Does it happen fairly often when games don't have everyone vote on D1? There were 9 votes which meant 5 people didn't enter a vote and a handful of those people have either posted very little or not at all. What's most important right now with a wolf and 2 human roles killed after the initial night, look at those that have been active and pushing the game or look to those who have been less active or not at all? Yes, I realize that would have me fall into that category so I am trying to fix it. I know with phantoms off, the non-voting isn't punished but I can't imagine that is a tactic 5 people would go for especially with how active some people have been.

inDheart 05-10-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun92 (Post 4619573)
Does it happen fairly often when games don't have everyone vote on D1? There were 9 votes which meant 5 people didn't enter a vote and a handful of those people have either posted very little or not at all. What's most important right now with a wolf and 2 human roles killed after the initial night, look at those that have been active and pushing the game or look to those who have been less active or not at all? Yes, I realize that would have me fall into that category so I am trying to fix it. I know with phantoms off, the non-voting isn't punished but I can't imagine that is a tactic 5 people would go for especially with how active some people have been.

it probably happens often that at least someone doesn't vote, but the non-voting/off-wagon-voting rate isn't usually this bad. activity in general has been on a downturn recently, and this game taking a while to fill might have contributed, with several of the generally more active players becoming unable to play

we can kind of do both, but i would lean toward clearing out some people who aren't really playing, for two reasons:
-the people who are active now are either the ones who voted ffa yesterday, or me (with curry and rice being somewhere in the middle i would say). so out of that group i feel like i owe the others each some kind of deference for now
-the people who aren't active are many

phantoms haven't really been a thing for a while - i pretty much lost the first game i played to them and that triggered a debate (though i think they were getting less popular by then too). post minimums have been the newer thing but i don't think this game has one