Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Happy Wrists... (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=92511)

Serraliph 05-7-2008 05:19 PM

Happy Wrists...

So, I was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips on how to play in such a way that I put the least strain on my wrists, forearms, and knuckles; that is, are there any special things anyone does in order to prevent wrist/hand injury from playing? Other than not playing as much?

Thanks

Tasselfoot 05-7-2008 06:01 PM

Re: Happy Wrists...

knuckles? try playing with your fingertips, and not your fists. :).

s0ulst0n3 05-7-2008 06:09 PM

Fap more and you build forearm strength. Funny thing is, I'm not even joking.

omgitznpv 05-7-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0ulst0n3 (Post 2155305)

Ed (ededdneddyfan w/e) told me to begin fapping with my left hand because it jacks way slower than my right hand (compare 120 bpm 16ths to 200 bpm 16ths [now])

I've noticed a lot of wrist pain playing at certain desk elevations. Also, keep your arms in a more natural position, if possible.

Tasselfoot 05-7-2008 06:46 PM

desk elevation is a big thing. i now have a custom built desk (a large piece of wood nailed into the wall) that is about 7-8 inches higher than a normal desk. it actually causes me a lot of pain playing FFR because of how high it is. I will often find a large book to sit on to play, to raise me up.

Adamaja456 05-7-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0ulst0n3 (Post 2155305)

playing FFR right after i fap makes me play so much better. its amazing.

buy a flat keyboard, buy a wrist supporter, or buy a keyboard with a built in wrist supporter

Serraliph 05-7-2008 09:25 PM

So I'm hearing a lot about wrist height. Very cool. I'll get on that.

BTW Tass, what I meant about knuckles is that since I play spread, my last two fingers tend to curl up into a sort of half-fist, and it strains my knuckle on them and my middle finger (which is a problem, since I play with it).

Thanks very much, all of you.

BzT 05-7-2008 09:32 PM

whats fap? lol

OnixRose 05-7-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serraliph (Post 2155671)
BTW Tass, what I meant about knuckles is that since I play spread, my last two fingers tend to curl up into a sort of half-fist, and it strains my knuckle on them and my middle finger (which is a problem, since I play with it).

I hate that, and I try to keep them from doing that when I notice it happening, but when I try to do anything about it (or just take my attention away long enough to notice it) I mess up

dandandamdandan1111 05-7-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzt (Post 2155691)
whats fap? lol

are you serious.

and btw...fapping actually DOES get your forearms stronger. P.S. switch hands from time to time

bender5 05-7-2008 09:39 PM

You could put your other fingers in a sort of splint type thing to try to prevent the curling of them maybe.

ps. If you really want to get bigger forearm muscles there is always such a thing as working out. I mean sure you little nerds probably don't do anything outside of your house watching anime and hentai, but seriously any muscle you grow from fapping would be so insignificant unless you wore like wrist weights that increasing in your masturbatory habits won't change anything in your ffr ability anyway. Grow up.

BzT 05-7-2008 09:39 PM

...im joking i know what fap is lol

dean_machine 05-7-2008 09:42 PM

I'm starting to get a bit of carpal tunnel syndrome, so I have a wrist brace to help force my wrist to be in a position to have good blood flow, but I have to take it off to play FFR.

dore 05-7-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bender5 (Post 2155704)
but seriously any muscle you grow from fapping would be so insignificant unless you wore like wrist weights that increasing in your masturbatory habits won't change anything in your ffr ability anyway. Grow up.

Actually it does... if you ever look at a drummer you'll notice they have crazy muscles on the forearm. Fapping is the same concept (not nearly as effective but still noticeable).

bender5 05-7-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dore (Post 2155717)
Actually it does... if you ever look at a drummer you'll notice they have crazy muscles on the forearm. Fapping is the same concept (not nearly as effective but still noticeable).

Well drummers with huge forearms also practice a lot, and I can tell you right now any drummer who puts a lot of work into his drums plays a ****ton more than any common person should be jacking off

omgitznpv 05-7-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bender5 (Post 2155704)
I mean sure you little nerds probably don't do anything outside of your house watching anime and hentai.

:(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

ya wrong!!!

ya forgot touhou and stEpMANIa

dore 05-7-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bender5 (Post 2155720)
Well drummers with huge forearms also practice a lot, and I can tell you right now any drummer who puts a lot of work into his drums plays a ****ton more than any common person should be jacking off

I know, I'm just saying it's the same concept (drummers just happen to be a very visible example to use).

EAGAMES 05-7-2008 10:21 PM

This thread is all about fapping, WTF!?

JHK 05-7-2008 10:34 PM

Im a both lefty and normal guitarist so wrist strain was never too much a problem for me. For minimal wrist pain i tried to hit the keys as lightly as i can.

remedy1502 05-7-2008 11:03 PM

Lol fap.
This thread is so jokes. How to put least amount of strain on your wrists -> fapping.
LOL